Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Was just doing some work on Willians @ FLA. How on earth do these players get added to the database with such completely absurd ratings and salaries ?

His intro was 80 and making £11,850 per Turn... Completely absurd.

With that type of logic it's hard to believe that Neymar and Ciro didn't get added @ 86s...!

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Individual Player Posts: Transferred to Europe: -- - Kleber Atletico Paranaense: 77 - Manoel 81 - Wallyson Botafogo: 81 - Simoes de Oliveira Corinthians: 80 - Boquita 86 - Elias Coritiba:

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season RE: VAGNER LOVE (from a conversation that was started on the Thiago Neves thread HERE) I 100% absolutely disagree that he will drop just because he returne

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season Yesterday's matches Porto 0 x 1 Sport Recife - Campeonato Pernambucano The two leaders in the Pernambucano faced, and it was yet another victory for Sport Rec

Was just doing some work on Willians @ FLA. How on earth do these players get added to the database with such completely absurd ratings and salaries ?

His intro was 80 and making £11' date='850 per Turn... Completely absurd.

With that type of logic it's hard to believe that Neymar and Ciro didn't get added @ 86s...![/quote']

Because of his great work at Santo André, leading them to promotion in 2008. Started 30 for them in Série B and they would've won if it wasn't for Corinthians. Judging from other rating in Série B, he deserved at least 80. I sent in the ticket and requested 80 actually.

How's Jumar da Costa doing' date=' Insider? Is he worth holding on to?[/quote']

I've been selling. He's still playing a bit, but he's behind Pierre and Sandro Silva, and Souza is starting to emerge as a player as well as a DM, so I don't think he has much of a chance at Palmeiras

Corinthians - The Undefeated Paulista Champion Ever since 1972.

Not gonna comment on that' date=' as we are the best team in the country.[/quote']

Seriously. Shut up. The reason of this thread was to give an unbiased view of what's going on. Calling a recently promoted team the best team in the country just humiliates you even more for getting relegated. But I've had enough. Create a Corinthians thread to make these useless comments or something, but it's getting quite annoying... :(

Thanks' date=' mate :).

Don't want to be a pest, but what's your opinion on Willian Magrao? I'd heard about him suffering a long-term injury a few months back or so; should I hold on or sell?[/quote']

That's correct, I'm pretty sure he's out until late-summer. I'm holding on to him, as he still should be the holder when he comes back.

Also, last time I checked, there was no Patrik getting games at Santos.

I manage Palmeiras in the newest GC, and Ive had loads of interest in Keirrison (20 yr old 87 rated player), but I know he is a good prospect, so Ive made counter offers but rejected most approaches.

But Ive just agreed to do this deal, should I go through with it;

De Guzman (Feyenoord, 21, 89) + Bruins (Feyenoord, 22, 87). After this goes through I buy Van Bronchorst (Feyenoord, 34, 91).

Is this a good deal for my player Keirrison (Palmeiras, linked with Barca n others, 20, 87)

and thanks again Insider

I manage Palmeiras in the newest GC' date=' and Ive had loads of interest in Keirrison (20 yr old 87 rated player), but I know he is a good prospect, so Ive made counter offers but rejected most approaches.

But Ive just agreed to do this deal, should I go through with it;

De Guzman (Feyenoord, 21, 89) + Bruins (Feyenoord, 22, 87). After this goes through I buy Van Bronchorst (Feyenoord, 34, 91).

Is this a good deal for my player Keirrison (Palmeiras, linked with Barca n others, 20, 87)

and thanks again Insider[/quote']

I'm very biased, but I'd keep Keirrison, who is by far the best player in the deal. Keirrison is one of those rare youths who has 95+ potential. You'll never see that from De Guz or Bruins, and GVB is on the way down.

I'm very biased' date=' but I'd keep Keirrison, who is by far the best player in the deal. Keirrison is one of those rare youths who has 95+ potential. You'll never see that from De Guz or Bruins, and GVB is on the way down.[/quote']

Its a really difficult one, thanks for your opinion, I know GVB is on his way out, thats why I want him for insurance, but Guzman and Bruins are decent players, but im finding it very hard to judge the deal for Keirrison because Ive never seen him play before.

I'm very biased' date=' but I'd keep Keirrison, who is by far the best player in the deal. Keirrison is one of those rare youths who has 95+ potential. You'll never see that from De Guz or Bruins, and GVB is on the way down.[/quote']

Once again Insider, I have listened to your humble words and have cancelled the deal for keirrison.

Hi Insider, was wondering how much you rate Tiago Luis?

Obviously all the talk just now is of Keirrison, Ciro, Neymar, Walter etc and i don't really see any mention of him, so would i be right to think he's not thought to be in the same class as them?

Seriously. Shut up. The reason of this thread was to give an unbiased view of what's going on. Calling a recently promoted team the best team in the country just humiliates you even more for getting relegated. But I've had enough. Create a Corinthians thread to make these useless comments or something' date=' but it's getting quite annoying... :([/quote']

If it is unbiased then you should let the numbers do the talking. The best defense in the country, in numbers in is from Corinthians who suffered 0,78 goals per match, (0,64 with William and Chicão). You claimed Flamengo to have the best defense, they suffered 1,2 goals per match in the crappy Carioca Championship, who has only 2 other teams in the 1st division, 2 second division teams, 3 on the 3rd division and the rest is a 4th division jungle...

And on the relegation, Greek Demigod Hercules descended to hell, but only the truly strong have the might to make it back to surface. Relegation was a necessary evil to get rid of Carlos Alberto, Betão, Rafael Moura, Dualib, MSI and its scum.

insider you got any ideas on what

neymar

ciro and taison will rise in the next ratings change

I have answered that question countless times, and I have a predicted rating on each of the team posts.

They look like probable 81-82's and 85/86.

Douglas Costa' date=' how has he been doing this season?[/quote']

Douglas Costa had his first appearance last night in over a month. Can't rate his return from injury or performance though... Came on in the 90th. For what it's worth, Grêmio looked good when they finally decided to play. Lack of focus in the first 45 made for some difficult to watch football

Yep, that's been pretty much a sure thing for the past month or so. Another major change at Flamengo is the retirement of Fabio Luciano, the captain and CB. Judging by yesterday's game, Welinton Souza ( ;) ) is going to be the replacement.

Last Update: April 11' date=' 2009[/i']

WELINTON SOUZA

icpstff11100209030533photo00.jpg

Welinton Souza is a 20 year old (Added exactly on his 20th birthday, April 10) Centre-Back who worked his way through the Flamengo academy to find himself on the A team as well as a key starter for the Brazilian national U20 setup.

Flamengo have always been a team known for a particular style of defending. Two stay-at-home Centre Backs, two attacking wingbacks and two retreating defensive mids to help defend the wings. At the moment, they have Leo Moura (who now plays RM more then RB), Everton Silva and Juan attacking from the back, Airton and Willians as main defensive midfielders and Fabio Luciano and Ronaldo Angelim starting at the back.

At first glance, it may seem that there isn't any room for Welinton Souza. However, if you look closely, you will see that the wingbacks and defensive mids are all very young while the centre-backs are aging, both 34 years old. This means that a young prospect like Welinton Souza will get some game time this year and inherit a growing role throughout.

He took a while before playing his first game for Flamengo. Despite being called up to the A squad at the very beginning of the season, Welinton Souza was called up to Venezuela with the Brazilian national U20 team, where he was a starting centre-back. He wasn't spectacular (didn't have to be) but he was definatly solid. I remember him specifically for his heart and determination, playing through an ankle injury and the next game after, looking like he was in excruciating pain for the entirety of both matches. Although Sandro Ranieri had to compensate a bit, he still played well and defended admirably.

He has started 6 matches this season, not in a row, including 2 Copa do Brasil matches and 4 Campeonato Carioca matches. He is still 3rd choice centre-back, starting whenever one of the 34 year olds is unavailable.

Welinton Souza was added to the database recently with the rating of 75. He is not a player who I anticipate to be a riser by the next changes, like Ciro, Sandro, Anderson Lessa, Boquita, Neymar, Renatinho and Everton Silva. He is a player you will have to be patient with, like Walter, Giuliano and Bernardo.

Called it ;)