Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Atletico PR 0 - 2 Vitoria - Goals from Wallace and Leandro Domingues. Really enjoy the way they play. Think i've found my Brazilian team. Great goal by Leandro Domingues great inter play and a calm finish by Lerandro. First goal was by youngster Wallace (Sign him up now hes brilliant and hes only rated 80. Great run in from the cross by Wallace and a great finish. Another safe bet would be Apodi. Seems like hes the starting RB at Vitoria.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Individual Player Posts: Transferred to Europe: -- - Kleber Atletico Paranaense: 77 - Manoel 81 - Wallyson Botafogo: 81 - Simoes de Oliveira Corinthians: 80 - Boquita 86 - Elias Coritiba:

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season RE: VAGNER LOVE (from a conversation that was started on the Thiago Neves thread HERE) I 100% absolutely disagree that he will drop just because he returne

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season Yesterday's matches Porto 0 x 1 Sport Recife - Campeonato Pernambucano The two leaders in the Pernambucano faced, and it was yet another victory for Sport Rec

Atletico PR 0 - 2 Vitoria - Goals from Wallace and Leandro Domingues. Really enjoy the way they play. Think i've found my Brazilian team. Great goal by Leandro Domingues great inter play and a calm finish by Lerandro. First goal was by youngster Wallace (Sign him up now hes brilliant and hes only rated 80. Great run in from the cross by Wallace and a great finish. Another safe bet would be Apodi. Seems like hes the starting RB at Vitoria.

Careful with Apodi. He was a safe bet for a rise last year when he was rated 80. Now he's 78. SM don't know what they are doing.

I hope you keep following Vitoria closely this year. Because I probably won't see them much.

It's half time in my second feature game, this one is a great one.

Hello Mark,

I did ask on your official, Anderson Lessa thread, not sure if you have noticed. I have a few questions.

1) What will he most likely rise to next Brazilian rating changes?

2) Whats his potential for the future ? Has he the ability to rise again ?

3) Where can i stream Brazilian football games :)

http://www.justin.tv/cinesports_tv

Will awnser questions in a sec, for now watch this. Lessa started and should still be on when play resumes.

EDIT: I hadn't noticed.

1) Depending on how he does in the Brasileiro. Hadn't started a Pernambucano game in a while, but he surprised me by starting matchday 1 against Goias. That is my feature game for the night, he hasn't done much yet.

2) He does. We know that he is headed to Cruzeiro at the end of the year, and he is one of the two players from the North that are leading "the best youth crop from the north since Juninho Pernambucano"

3) justin.tv - Language - Portuguese. You'll find them all, and most Serie B matches.

Thumbs up/Thumbs down for Matchday 1: GOI 3 x 3 NAU

Thumbs UP: RAFAEL TOLOI : Already seems to be the main man for Goias in two departments: breaking up plays and set pieces. Every time Carlinhos Bala tried to penetrate, Toloi read him and was either their to stop him or intercepted the pass. For set plays, he always manages to get a head on everything, either to flick or to shoot. All set plays are based around him. Shutdown defender and attacking defender at once, he'll be a very hot proprety.

Thumbs UP: FELIPE : A few good plays for the main Goias goalscorer. He also got the first brace of the year, probable man of the match.

Thumbs UP: GILMAR : Most attacking player for Nautico, the only one who was a constant threat. Wonderful solo play to tie it up at 3.

NO Thumbs: LEANDRO EUZEBIO : Goias defender was a bit weak defending, but provided some great runs down the right flank. Odd for a tall centre-back, but I'm not quite sure what to think.

Thumbs UP: HELIO DOS ANJOS: The manager takes credit for the great ball movement shown by the Goias attackers/mids.

Thumbs DOWN: NAUTICO DEFENSE: Very poor. They were chasing around the attackers all game and about as good as pylons.

Thumbs UP: ANDERSON LESSA: Drew two yellow cards, not too bad for a first big game. Let's hope he can start threatening the goal a bit more, Nautico's attack was a bit crowded. Lasted 67 minutes. Almost didn't include him though, so not his best game for sure, I'm still a bit worried.

Thumbs DOWN: GOMES: Expect Ernando to take his place. Weak game from the third centre-back, who is replacing the younger Ernando.

Hi Mark

This may seem a strange question & i think i already know the answer...

Looking up the details of the Goias-Nautico game on Soccerway it stated that Anderson Lessa was from Botswana!!

This is surely just some typo' date=' isn't it?[/quote']

They have a list of countries to pick from. I'm guessing BOtswana comes right before BRazil :D

Thanks to Insider for the thumbs up and thumbs down reports.

Just a quick recap on the reports on some of this weekends games.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/584/brazil/2009/05/11/1258045/brasileiro-fluminense-upset-defending-champions-sao-paulo-in-open

Sao Paulo, Corinthians and Flamengo will no doubt get back to winning ways very soon. :)

Was Bruno meneghel involved in any shape or form

He was on the bench, but Goias led most of the game so his services were not needed.

I'm going to Montreal for a post-op for the next week or so. They do have wireless, so I'll take any questions in the evening. Just don't expect any daytime activity. I'm going to miss the CL and CdB midweek, but hopefully back for Brasileiro day 2.

He was on the bench' date=' but Goias led most of the game so his services were not needed.

I'm going to Montreal for a post-op for the next week or so. They do have wireless, so I'll take any questions in the evening. Just don't expect any daytime activity. I'm going to miss the CL and CdB midweek, but hopefully back for Brasileiro day 2.[/quote']

So is he still worth signing? will only cost 90k

Any idea whether Cortez Cardoso BRUNO is Palmeiras first choice GK or could become first choice? He played the full match on Saturday in their 2-1 home win.

At around 160K and a rating of 74 he looks a fair buy. Their other GK at Palmeiras, Marcos is 36 in August and I was wondering whether Bruno being 10 years younger might get a decent run in the side?

Palmeiras have two tricky games coming up, away at Internacional then home to São Paulo. They will do well to pick up points in these games.

Any idea whether Cortez Cardoso BRUNO is Palmeiras first choice GK or could become first choice? He played the full match on Saturday in their 2-1 home win.

At around 160K and a rating of 74 he looks a fair buy. Their other GK at Palmeiras' date=' Marcos is 36 in August and I was wondering whether Bruno being 10 years younger might get a decent run in the side?

Palmeiras have two tricky games coming up, away at Internacional then home to São Paulo. They will do well to pick up points in these games.[/quote']

Have a look on page 33 of this thread regarding Bruno and his playing possibilities this season. I reckon he is worth buying. If you are looking for a young South American keeper also have a look Monzon of Huracan. He's rated 73 & started every game so far for 4th placed Huracan.

At around 160K and a rating of 74 he looks a fair buy. Their other GK at Palmeiras' date=' Marcos is 36 in August and I was wondering whether Bruno being 10 years younger might get a decent run in the side?

Palmeiras have two tricky games coming up, away at Internacional then home to São Paulo. They will do well to pick up points in these games.[/quote']

I'm pretty sure I answered that same question yesterday. Add the CL fixture with Sport to that list of games.

I'm pretty sure I answered that same question yesterday. Add the CL fixture with Sport to that list of games.

Yes you are right Insider.

I must have missed it yesterday, I went through all the Brazilian league games over the weekend and I spotted him whilst doing some research.

Either way, thanks for the reports and updates. I have put in a bid for him.

will nilmar get a rise or will he need to move to europe. he seems to be playing great and is wanted by teams in italy

He'll need to prove his worth in Europe before going higher than 90.

Now' date=' anyone who saw me talking about the speed of young Everton Silva, ffw to 5:57 of this video.

[YOUTUBE'][/YOUTUBE]

Matchday 1 - Sunday

APR 0 - 2 VIT

Match Facts

Arena da Baixada, Curitiba (Atletico PR)

Goals: Wallace (80 - Vitoria);

Players Missing from DB: Raul, Jairo (APR); Victor Ramos, Uelliton, Robson (Vitoria)

Lowest Rated Player: Wallyson (75 - Vitoria)

Atletico PR: 86 Galatto - 85 Rhodolfo - 83 Chico - 84 Gustavo - / Raul - / Jairo (85 Dos Santos) - 80 Renan (83 Wesley) - 85 Marcinho - 82 Marcio Azevedo - 84 Rafael Moura - 75 Wallyson (82 Julio Cesar)

Vitoria: 86 Viafara - 78 Apodi (85 Leandro Domingues) - 80 Wallace - 84 Marco Aurelio - / Victor Ramos - 84 Vanderson (/ Uelliton) - 80 Carlos Alberto - 83 Bida - 82 Jackson - 80 Neto Baiano (78 Adriano) - / Robson

COR 0 - 1 INT

Match Facts

Pacaembu, Sao Paulo (Corinthians)

Goals: Nilmar (89 - Internacional)

Players Missing from DB: Renato, Diego, Jucilei (Corinthians); Gleydson (Internacional)

Lowest Rated Player: Giuliano (75 - Internacional)

Corinthians: 87 Felipe - / Renato - 84 Jean - / Diego - 83 Diogo (85 Alessandro) - 87 Cristian - 76 Boquita - / Jucilei (83 Dentinho) - 77 Wellington Saci (80 Otacilio Neto) - 87 Souza - 82 Lulinha

Internacional: 85 Lauro - 87 Bolivar - 87 Indio - 86 Alvaro - 90 Kleber - / Glaydson - 88 Magrao - 88 Guinazu - 90 D'Alessandro (85 Andrezinho) - 83 Taison (75 Giuliano) - 89 Nilmar (86 Alecsandro)

--

CRU 2 - 0 FLA

Match Facts

Mineirao, Belo Horizonte (Cruzeiro)

Goals: Kleber (88 - Cruzeiro); Ramires (89 - Cruzeiro)

Red Cards: Jancarlos (85 - Cruzeiro)

Injuries: Willians (80 - Flamengo)

Players Missing from DB: -none-

Lowest Rated Player: Everton Silva (74 - Flamengo)

Cruzeiro: 88 Fabio - 85 Jancarlos - 86 Leonardo Silva - 85 Leo Fortunato - 84 Gerson Magrao - 86 Henrique Pacheco - 86 Marquinhos Parana - 89 Ramires - 89 Wagner (82 Athirson) - 88 Kleber (85 Elicarlos) - 85 Thiago Ribeiro (88 Fabricio)

Flamengo: 88 Bruno - 83 Airton (75 Erick Flores) - 75 Welinton - 87 Ronaldo Angelim - 89 Leonardo Moura - 80 Willians (74 Everton Silva) - 87 Kleberson - 88 Ibson - 89 Juan - 79 Emerson (88 Josiel) - 82 Everton

FLU 1 - 0 SAO

Match Facts

Maracana, Rio de Janeiro (Fluminense)

Goals: Mauricio (85 - Fluminense)

Players Missing from DB: Joao Paulo (Fluminense)

Lowest Rated Player: Wellington (75 - Sao Paulo)

Fluminense: 87 Fernando Henrique - 84 Mariano - 86 Edcarlos - 87 Luiz Alberto - / Joao Paulo - 87 Wellington Monteiro (86 Fabinho) - 85 Mauricio - 83 Marquinho - 90 Thiago Neves (82 Tarta) - 77 Maicon (83 Everton Santos) - 91 Fred

Sao Paulo: 82 Bosco - 88 Arouca - 87 Renato Silva - 89 Miranda - 88 Junior Cesar - 89 Richarlyson (86 Wagner Diniz) - 90 Hernanes - 89 Jorge Wagner - 88 Dagoberto (75 Wellington) - 89 Washington - 89 Hugo (89 Borges)

GOI 3 - 3 NAU

Match Facts

Serra Dourada, Goiania (Goias)

Goals: Asprilla (85 - Nautico); Julio Cesar (86 - Goias); Felipe (87 - Goias); Felipe (87 - Goias); Carlinhos Bala (86 - Nautico); Gilmar (80 - Nautico)

Players Missing from DB: Dinda, Wellington, Galiardo (Nautico)

Lowest Rated Player: Anderson Lessa (72 - Nautico)

Goias: 86 Harlei - 82 Rafael Gomes - 75 Toloi - 84 Leandro - 84 Fabio Bahia - 84 Everton (81 Felipe Menezes) - 86 Ramalho - 83 Ze Carlos (82 Amaral) - 86 Julio Cesar - 87 Iarley - 87 Felipe

Nautico: 85 Eduardo - 85 Sidny (/ Dinda) - 85 Gladstone - 84 Vagner Silva - 85 Asprilla (/ Wellington) - 80 Derlei - 76 Johnny - / Galiardo - 86 Carlinhos Bala - 80 Gilmar - 72 Anderson Lessa (85 Adriano Magrao)

GRE 1 - 1 SAN

Match Facts

Olimpico, Porto Alegre (Grêmio)

Goals: Rever (87 - Gremio); Molina (87 - Santos)

Injurois: Triguinho (84 - Santos)

Players Missing from DB: -none-

Lowest Rated Player: Paulo Henrique (71 - Santos)

Grêmio: 88 Victor - 88 Leo - 85 Rafael Marques - 87 Rever - 87 Ruy - 80 Adilson - 89 Tcheco (78 Douglas Costa) - 87 Souza - 82 Fabio Santos - 85 Jonas (87 Tulio) - 86 Maxi Lopez (88 Alex Mineiro)

Santos: 83 Douglas - 80 Luizinho - 86 Fabao - 88 Fabiano Eller - 84 Triguinho (76 Para) - 85 Roberto Brum - 80 Germano - 71 Paulo Henrique (82 Maikon Leite) - 84 Madson - 76 Neymar (87 Molina) - 89 Kleber Pereira

STA 1 - 1 BOT

Match Facts

Estadio Bruno José Daniel, Santo André

Goals: Nunes (/ - Santo André); Victor Simoes (81 - Botafogo)

Red Cards: Cicinho (/ - Santo André)

Players Missing from DB: Neneca, Cesinha, Marcel, Fernando, Cicinho, Ricardo Conceicao, Elvis, Marcelinho Carioca, Antonio Flavio (Santo André); Rodrigo Dantas

Lowest Rated Player: Jean Coral (75 - Botafogo)

Santo André: / Neneca - / Cesinha - / Marcel - / Fernando - / Cicinho - / Ricardo Conceicao - 82 Pablo Escobaar (/ Elvis) - / Marcelinho Carioca - 83 Xavier Dirceu - 86 Gustavo Nery - 75 Nunes - / Antonio Flavio

Botafogo: 84 Renan - 87 Leandro Guerreiro - 85 Emerson Nunes (/ Gabriel) - 85 Juninho - 85 Alessandro - 84 Fahel - 77 Eduardo - 80 Tulio Souza - 85 Thiaguinho (75 Jean Coral) - 80 Lucas Silva (/ Rodrigo Dantas) - 81 Victor Simoes

The level of detail in this is unbelievably helpful.

Not sure if you have insight on this one, but.... I can't recall you mentioning Santos' Paulo Henrique before. What's a guy with a 71-rating doing in the starting XI? Is there a story here....?

Thanks.

The level of detail in this is unbelievably helpful.

Not sure if you have insight on this one' date=' but.... I can't recall you mentioning [b']Santos' Paulo Henrique[/b] before. What's a guy with a 71-rating doing in the starting XI? Is there a story here....?

Thanks.

Shhhhhh!!!! :D

He's on my shortlist of players to write about, I had been busy with a bad breakup the past few weeks, but he'll have a report done within the next few weeks. There are a few others too.

Thing is about Paulo Henrique, he doesn't do anything. Whenever I watch him, I'm left leaving more, you can hardly see him out there.

But yes, he is a 71 starting a few games for Santos.

Gustavo Nery is on the Database rated at 86.

which is incredibly high for a player like him. This guy is going nowhere but down.

Nunes is on the Database as well rated 75.

One of my favorite players when he played in Bragantino. But now Bill is the one shinning for the "Clockwork Sausage" on the serie B. Nunes was prospected by Corinthians at the end of the Paulista since Bragantino owed some money to Corinthians who usually loans to Bragantino some of its unused players (in one of such trades goalkeeper Felipe was purchased from Bragantino). But the Corinthians board decided they had too many unused strikers and decided to take money instead of him for Marcelo Godri, a DB/DM who had already played 2 seasons on Bragantino but was a Corinthians player. I believe he is infinitely better than Souza, the fact that he scored a goal Sunday and Souza didn't just reinforces that thought...