Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

is luiz tinga playing at ponte preta ?

hes costing 900k ' date='[/quote']

900k? Wow. I don't ever post about the new players, as I do play SM too and sometimes like to buy these players, so whether they are worth it or not, I don't comment. Sorry.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Individual Player Posts: Transferred to Europe: -- - Kleber Atletico Paranaense: 77 - Manoel 81 - Wallyson Botafogo: 81 - Simoes de Oliveira Corinthians: 80 - Boquita 86 - Elias Coritiba:

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season RE: VAGNER LOVE (from a conversation that was started on the Thiago Neves thread HERE) I 100% absolutely disagree that he will drop just because he returne

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season Yesterday's matches Porto 0 x 1 Sport Recife - Campeonato Pernambucano The two leaders in the Pernambucano faced, and it was yet another victory for Sport Rec

Oh' date=' dear. :([/quote']

Not that big of a deal really. I see some positives to it. He wasn't playing at Inter anyway. Man City arn't interested anymore. Ciro gets to shine at the U20 World Cup.

I'd rather see him develop, but he was back in the Inter Juniors so...

Not that big of a deal really. I see some positives to it. He wasn't playing at Inter anyway. Man City arn't interested anymore. Ciro gets to shine at the U20 World Cup.

I'd rather see him develop' date=' but he was back in the Inter Juniors so...[/quote']

There are positives for him, yes, but not for those who invested in him, surely. :o

There are positives for him' date=' yes, but not for those who invested in him, surely. :o[/quote']

Don't be so sure. He was getting very big headed, wasn't even in the first-team anymore because of attitude problems. This might put it all into perspective, who knows he might come out of it with a better attitude.

Here's hoping.

Don't be so sure. He was getting very big headed' date=' wasn't even in the first-team anymore because of attitude problems. This might put it all into perspective, who knows he might come out of it with a better attitude.

Here's hoping.[/quote']

Here's hoping that the injury stuffs some sense into him. :P

Stupid question, maybe, but his rating won't decrease, will it?

Here's hoping that the injury stuffs some sense into him. :P

Stupid question' date=' maybe, but his rating won't decrease, will it?[/quote']

I couldn't really care less if it does. But his performance at the U20's came after his last rating change (actually, his addition to DB, he hasn't gone thru a change yet) so that probably nullifies it.

I couldn't really care less if it does. But his performance at the U20's came after his last rating change (actually' date=' his addition to DB, he hasn't gone thru a change yet) so that probably nullifies it.[/quote']

You really dislike him, don't you? :P

You really dislike him' date=' don't you? :P[/quote']

No no, not at all, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that when I purchased him, it was for the long term, not the short term. I really like Walter, he was stellar at the U20's. Not one of my favourites because of the attitude, but I hope he does end up at Man U.

No no' date=' not at all, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that when I purchased him, it was for the long term, not the short term. I really [i']like[/i] Walter, he was stellar at the U20's. Not one of my favourites because of the attitude, but I hope he does end up at Man U.

Oops, my mistake! :o

Mark, I recall you saying Alex Texeira is playing well but won't rise. Does that mean SM don't rate the lower divisions?

Oops' date=' my mistake! :o

Mark, I recall you saying Alex Texeira is playing well but won't rise. Does that mean SM don't rate the lower divisions?[/quote']

There are players in the lower divisions who will rise. But Texeira is already at 83, which is as far as he'll go in the Série B. Remember Elias last season who started 30 and was stellar for Corinthians, he went from 72 to 78 and is only due for his big rise this season.

I can't see them rising Tex, it wouldn't be consistent at all.

Brasileiro, Day 2.

Saturday's matches:

Coritiba 2 - 4 Santo Andre

Flamengo 0 - 0 Avai

Atletico MG 2 - 1 Grêmio

Insider's notes:

- One of my favourite players, Renatinho, kicks off his debut with a goal in the first 5 minutes. He was one of the three players to show up for Coritiba, with Marcos Aurelio and Carlinhos Paraiba

- Diego Tardelli is in a slump at the moment. You can tell he's beating himself up after every run, after every shot; he is lacking confidence. Scored the injury time winner on a penalty, it will be interesting to see if the old Diego is back at the Isle of Retreat next week.

- Willians is absolutly immense. He definatly is the engine behind Flamengo, working shift in, shift out.

- Vanderlei's spot as Coritiba starter is solidified. Edson Bastos had a terrible game for Coritiba, who rested their starter and a few others for a big game midweek.

- For such a tall guy, Welton Felipe of Atletico sure is mobile. He plays at Centre-Back, but really defends the right side very well. I was definatly impressed by his performance.

- Eduardo Martini shows that good goalkeeping can give a newly promoted side a chance. Was unlucky to draw with Atletico MG last week, but kept a clean sheet for Avai this time around.

- For someone being compared to Liverpool's Lucas, Adilson sure is bad. He's starting every game because, frankly, Grêmio have no one else a DM, but he's the worst riser I've seen in a while. Clumsy at defending, poor passing and vision... I've watched Grêmio before and never noticed him. This time I focused in on him, and realised why I never noticed him.

- It's time for Junior to retire. The old Atletico midfielder/defender had a nice run, but it was sad to watch him, especially on one play where anyone else on the pitch would've scored.

Match facts to come.

First of all i would like you to make a consolidated list of +2 or +3 risers. The thread is too detailed and normally not all the people have time to go through it. if u make a list put it on first page.

Do u expect SM to review the brazil rating. I think after this delay they might go direct to June rating what do u think. if they review next june rating from where they would star.

Brasileiro, day 2. Sunday.

Insider's focus matches (matches that I watched completly)

Santos 3 - 3 Goias

Nautico 2 - 0 Cruzeiro

Internacional 2 - 0 Palmeiras

Notes:

- What's with Goias and 3-3 draws? That match was an exact replica of last week's 3-3 draw with Nautico. Same scoring order as well.

- I love being right. Rafael Toloi was, once again, the man. Again, most set plays were sent for his head (and he's not that big of a CB). He flicked one to Iarley for the Goias opener, and scored the equaliser late. Also, blocked a few shots and stopped a few plays as well.

- I've been looking for an excuse to post about Paulo Henrique for a while now. He finally has a good game, nice attacking style and almost scored a goal.

- The versatile Eduardo Eré is back. He's been rumoured to be going to Germany for a while now and had pretty much disappeared since January, but last season's DM revelation is now a RB. He never got his rise from 75 :S. Played very well, Cruzeiro hardly got any decent chances.

- Ever get the feeling that nobody likes you? For both of Nautico's goals today, Anderson Lessa was accompanying the goal scorer and would've had an open goal. Derley shot past Fabio himself, and Carlinhos Bala chipped him (Assisted the latter). Add in there a stray Gilmar shot in ET when Lessa would've been in clear. Still, his mediocre performance last week was more then compensated for with a great 45 minutes today, completly changed the flow against his future team, being the most involved player in the second half, including being completly robbed once, solo against Fabio. Thumbs up, son.

- Dinda of Nautico had a wonderful debut start. Nautico are looking good, they had three teenagers on at the same time and were dominating the run of play. Dinda is another one of those players who don't dribble as much as they dance.

- Sandro Silva may be injured, but if young Souza keeps being so solid, Sandro might now have a spot when he's back. Souza is already keeping Jumar and Mozart on the bench.

- If I'm a big European club that relies on a solo striker (say, Liverpool or Inter), I'm ready to spend some cash on Taison. He won't be able to handle a CF role, but he's quick and tricky enough to take some attention off the other striker and will be a star if put in the right situation.

- I'm starting to wonder if Danilo Silva and Danny Morais are the same person. Inter's two backup centre-backs are so alike, it's uncanny. Probably the best backup CB duo in the league.

- Keirrison needs some help. Ortigoza and Lenny are too much like him to really help out, Keirrison needs to play along a strong striker. Edixon Perea is very close to joining, that woube a good first step.

First of all i would like you to make a consolidated list of +2 or +3 risers. The thread is too detailed and normally not all the people have time to go through it. if u make a list put it on first page.

Do u expect SM to review the brazil rating. I think after this delay they might go direct to June rating what do u think. if they review next june rating from where they would star.

I don't know what to expect from SM. I have no way of knowing either.

It's too early for the +2, +3 risers. It's only been two games, the obvious risers are quite clear, but it's still a bit blurry for the smaller risers.

Should have asked you this a couple of weeks ago, it's been bugging the hell out of me! How comes Sport ended up playing Palmeiras in the CL again? As they were in the same qualifying group it seemed very strange to me that they should play each other again in the first two-legged knockout stage.

Should have asked you this a couple of weeks ago' date=' it's been bugging the hell out of me! How comes Sport ended up playing Palmeiras in the CL again? As they were in the same qualifying group it seemed very strange to me that they should play each other again in the first two-legged knockout stage.[/quote']

Because the Copa system is a mess B)

Hey Insider!

I was wondering what you make of Maicosuel, who German club TSG Hoffenheim have just signed from Botafogo for 4.5m euros, although Traffic are taking the bulk of that fee? Is he likely to make an immediate impact in Germany and, more importantly, be a success? Is he suited to the European game? And does he have potential to rise from his current rating of 84?

Sorry for the amount of questions! Personally, I think a lot could depend on Hoffenheim being able to replicate some of the form that saw them impress so many in the first half of the season. They could easily experience the 'second season syndrome' that you often see in the EPL and that could affect Maicosuel settling in, in my opinion.

Thanks in advance,

Andy :)

Hey Insider!

I was wondering what you make of Maicosuel' date=' who German club TSG Hoffenheim have just signed from Botafogo for 4.5m euros, although Traffic are taking the bulk of that fee? Is he likely to make an immediate impact in Germany and, more importantly, be a success? Is he suited to the European game? And does he have potential to rise from his current rating of 84?

Sorry for the amount of questions! Personally, I think a lot could depend on Hoffenheim being able to replicate some of the form that saw them impress so many in the first half of the season. They could easily experience the 'second season syndrome' that you often see in the EPL and that could affect Maicosuel settling in, in my opinion.

Thanks in advance,

Andy :)[/quote']

Maicosuel was absolutly stellar in the Carioca championship, where he was allowed to be "the man". It will depend on the role that he is given. I had him down for a rise to 86 anyway, so I think he definatly has the potential. He's an exiting winger who really could make a difference, I think Germany is very well suited for him.

Maicosuel was absolutly stellar in the Carioca championship' date=' where he was allowed to be "the man". It will depend on the role that he is given. I had him down for a rise to 86 anyway, so I think he definatly has the potential. He's an exiting winger who really could make a difference, I think Germany is very well suited for him.[/quote']

Excellent, I hope he can continue to be 'the man' at his new club! :D I reckon that if Ibisevic can return to full fitness next term and continue in the same vein of form that he left, then he and Maicosuel can help the team become a consistent top-half outfit, which can only point to a high 80's rating for the Brazilian. Could be a good buy.

I don't know what to expect from SM. I have no way of knowing either.

It's too early for the +2' date=' +3 risers. It's only been two games, the obvious risers are quite clear, but it's still a bit blurry for the smaller risers.[/quote']

If they move to summer rating which region they would rate first.Basically i am new and dont know where they left.

For obvious rises can u make a list. I have subscribed to this thread for 2-3 weeks now but still i havent gone past 7or8 post. I have gone through ur first post where u have players name. I bought all the 70-75 rated one. Now I wanted to add some must buy so if u can make a list of must buys and add them in 2post.

Basically a lot of people dont have time to go through all the details they rather see how much rise or must buy and buy them.

Thanks

Can be quite tricky keeping up to date with the Brazilian footie but Insider gives us some excellent match reports.

For the matches he cannot cover and just for future reference, it's worth bookmarking this.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables?league=bra.1&cc=5739

Very good for stats and I found it very difficult to find. Hope this helps some of you looking for match reports, find out who played etc. :)