Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

:P well now the EPL is over i've gotta have something to feed my gambling addiction. trying to get a feel of the brazilian league as i don't know it toooooooo well' date=' mark seems to know his stuff and thought if he gives a few tips i could cut him in for a few bob :P[/quote']

He's made me a bomb so far. And he's all mine! Hands off :mad:

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Individual Player Posts: Transferred to Europe: -- - Kleber Atletico Paranaense: 77 - Manoel 81 - Wallyson Botafogo: 81 - Simoes de Oliveira Corinthians: 80 - Boquita 86 - Elias Coritiba:

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season RE: VAGNER LOVE (from a conversation that was started on the Thiago Neves thread HERE) I 100% absolutely disagree that he will drop just because he returne

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season Yesterday's matches Porto 0 x 1 Sport Recife - Campeonato Pernambucano The two leaders in the Pernambucano faced, and it was yet another victory for Sport Rec

He's made me a bomb so far. And he's all mine! Hands off :mad:

Haha hopefully with a bit of research and experience I won't need him but am always welcome to tips and advice. Banking on goals tonight in the Internacional Flamengo game and a Fluminense Corinthians draw - probably a 1-1 (but hey what do i know :P)

Haha hopefully with a bit of research and experience I won't need him but am always welcome to tips and advice. Banking on goals tonight in the Internacional Flamengo game and a Fluminense Corinthians draw - probably a 1-1 (but hey what do i know :P)

Hmmm, I'd give the first one a 1-0 Inter, one of the best attacking teams in Brazil against one of the strongest defences. As for the other, I think Corinthians will struggle to take anything from that, but for the right odds a draw would be worth a dabble.

Hmmm' date=' I'd give the first one a 1-0 Inter, one of the best attacking teams in Brazil against one of the strongest defences. As for the other, I think Corinthians will struggle to take anything from that, but for the right odds a draw would be worth a dabble.[/quote']

I'm risking today in favour of a 3-1 or 3-0 for Inter. Fla just have the one CB starting today. Willians, Toro and Airton are all versatile DM's who could fill in and are all starting, but they arn't good enough to fill Welinton's filling of Fabio Luciano's shoes. Fla's attack has been quite poor of late, Everton and Emerson are not good enough. Inter, on the other hand, have fresh legs with Magrao, Nilmar, D'Alessandro, Guinazu, Kleber and Indio all fresh after missing the weekend match. Could be a rout, but it's a risk.

Corinthians, that's an interesting one. I'm gonna be watching my boy Joao Paulo, when he plays it seems as Flu have a tendency to be a strong defensive unit. Fred, Thiago Neves and a few others were also rested at the weekend, compared to no one for Corinthians. Where will the goals come from? Ronaldo isn't ready for two games a week, and Souza/Jorge Henrique/Douglas/Morais have not inspired confidence. I'm predicting a 1-0 Flu win, from a Neves penalty.

I've never been good at betting, but that's how I interpret these. Seems logical :confused:

Thank you for this post Insider. I have a few players shortlisted from a while ago, I need help on who to get rid of. I am in a competitive setup, and all the better players are gone. I have a few, just wondering about these.

Victor of Vasco da Gama.

Leyrielton of Goias.

Jefferson of Palmeiras.

Rafael Moura of Athletico Paranaense.

Vanderlei of Cortiba.

Anderson Santana of Nautico.

Heverton of Gremio.

Eduardo of Botofago.

Gabriel of Athletico Paranaense.

Raphael Aguiar of Athletico Mineiro.

Alex Cazumba of Sao Paulo.

Werley of Athletico Mineiro.

Muriqui of Vitoria.

Mauricio of Palmeiras.

Madson of Santos.

Sorry for the long list, but I know little about these and I have been reading your posts, so I wouldn't be looking for information on Elias or Ciro or any high profile players. Thanks.

Edit. I have had Mauricio, I sold him to make funds, thats how he is on my shortlist. I have heard he is a superb defender. I will be buying him back.

Here were the nominees for Team of the Round. Round 1. Voting was done on a popular Brazilian website.

GK:

Bosco - SPA - 19%

FABIO - CRU - 68%

Neneca - ESA - 11%

RB:

Alessandro - CRU - 29%

Apodi - VIT - 22%

LÉO MOURA - FLA - 48%

CB:

André Turatto - BAR - 20%

Asprilla - NAU - 25%

EDCARLOS - FLU - 46%

FABAO - SAN - 50%

Réver - GRE - 37%

Wallace - VIT - 20%

LB:

Fabio Santos - GRE - 33%

Jefferson - PAL - 27%

JUNIOR - AMG - 39%

DM:

GUINAZU - INT - 52%

Jucilei - COR - 14%

Kleberson - FLA - 27%

Mauricio - FLU - 25%

RAMIRES - CRU - 66%

Roberto Brum - SAN - 13%

AM:

Carlinhos Bala - NAU - 27%

Carlinhos Paraiba - CFC - 16%

DIEGO SOUZA - PAL - 71%

Leandro Domingues - VIT - 14%

Muriqui - AVA - 8%

SOUZA - GRE - 62%

F:

Felipe - GOI - 16%

KEIRRISON - PAL - 63%

NILMAR - INT - 89%

Nunes - ESA - 4%

Pedrao - BAR - 17%

Victor Simoes - BOT - 8%

Overall Player:

Fabio - CRU - 15%

Felipe - GOI - 8 %

NILMAR - INT - 75%

ROUND TWO

GK:

Eduardo Marini - AVA - 25%

RENAN - BOT - 51%

Renê - BAR - 22%

RB:

Eduardo Ere - NAU - 20%

LUIZINHO - SAN - 43%

Raul - APR - 36%

CB:

DANNY MORAIS - INT - 71%

Emerson - BOT - 13%

Welton Felipe - AMG - 18%

Rafael Toloi - GOI - 20%

Wallace - VIT - 13%

RAFAEL SANTOS - APR - 63%

LB:

Thiago Feltri - AMG - 37%

JUAN - APR - 47%

Eduardo - BOT - 14%

DM:

Marcio Araujo - AMG - 21%

Fernando - ESA - 18%

RODRIGO SOUTO - SAN - 64%

Ramalho - GOI - 28%

Rafael Miranda - APR - 20%

FABRICIO - CRU - 47%

AM:

Tcheco - GRE - 32%

MARCELINHO CARIOCA - ESA - 42%

DIEGO SOUZA - PAL - 49%

Leandro Domingues - VIT - 13%

Conca - FLU - 38%

Elias - COR - 23%

F:

Diego Tardelli - AMG - 37%

TAISON - INT - 67%

Iarley - GOI - 21%

Neto Baiano - VIT - 15%

Andre Lima - SPA - 13%

CARLINHOS BALA - 45%

Overall:

Rafael Santos - APR - 26%

Rodrigo Souto - SAN - 27%

CARLINHOS BALA - NAU - 45%

Alright mate, saw that Victor, Nilmar, Ramires and Andre Santos were all inclusions in the Brazilian squad for the Confederations Cup. Ramires aside, the rest are all surprise inclusions to me, maybe less so Nilmar, have they played well enough to receive these calls? Or is it just the Brazil coach saying out with the old (Ronaldo and Ronaldinho) and in with the knew sorta thing?

Cheers!

Alright mate' date=' saw that Victor, Nilmar, Ramires and Andre Santos were all inclusions in the Brazilian squad for the Confederations Cup. Ramires aside, the rest are all surprise inclusions to me, maybe less so Nilmar, have they played well enough to receive these calls? Or is it just the Brazil coach saying out with the old (Ronaldo and Ronaldinho) and in with the knew sorta thing?

Cheers![/quote']

Kleber too ;)

Victor and André Santos both deserved it as well. A.S. has been immense for Corinthians, I really like his attacking style of Left-Backing, he's rumoured to be Europe bound and could really make an impact.

Nilmar, I think, is mediocre-to-big fish in mediocre-to-small pond. I don't think he will shine for Brazil.

Ramires, absolutly.

Victor is a great keeper, has shown it for a year and a half now. Well deserved.

Kleber. I'm puzzled. Completly.

Games this week. I should watch the bolded ones:

Saturday:

Corinthians - Barueri

Goias - Internacional

Cruzeiro - Vitoria

Sunday Early:

Palmeiras - Sao Paulo

Atletico PR - Nautico

Gremio - Botafogo

Fluminense - Santos