Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Insider

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Was wondering if you could give me any info on Thiago Sales of Flamengo' date='researching him on internet other day i see he has a few first team apperances wats your insight mate?[/quote']

'fraid he isn't one to watch at the moment. With the injury to Welinton and Leo Moura, the retirement of Fabio Luciano and the suspension of Juan, you'd reckon he's get a game in. Instead, two DM's played on the backline, Toro and Willians.

The level of detail in this is unbelievably helpful.

Not sure if you have insight on this one' date=' but.... I can't recall you mentioning [b']Santos' Paulo Henrique[/b] before. What's a guy with a 71-rating doing in the starting XI? Is there a story here....?

Thanks.

Insider, thanks for the insight on Paulo Henrique. Good story there, too... And I love the bit about Tiago Luis and Alemao. Good stuff...

Question on Defenders:

Am looking at the big names in the Brasileiro who are poised/rumoured to move to Europe. If you have time, how do you rank them and why.

What is your rating prediction of REVER' date=' Humberto?

Is he likely to stay, rise or drop?

Thank you.[/quote']

88 seems fair for him at this moment.

Insider' date=' thanks for the insight on Paulo Henrique. Good story there, too... And I love the bit about Tiago Luis and Alemao. Good stuff...

Question on Defenders:

Am looking at the big names in the Brasileiro who are poised/rumoured to move to Europe. If you have time, how do you rank them and why.

The stories/threads get better the more I get to see/research the player. Paulo Henrique's thread has been in the making for more then a month. I have a few others that I'm working on that surely won't be posted until June :D

Do you have any names in particular? I can suggest a few, let me know who you want to know about. Leo Moura, Toloi, Juan, Chicao, Andre Santos, Luciano Almeida, Rhodolfo, Antonio Carlos, Felipe, Thiago Heleno, Leonardo Silva, Leo Fortunato, Jonathan, Andre Dias, Miranda, Durval, Leo, Rever, Rafael Marques, Danilo, Mauricio Ramos, Marcao, Danny Morais, Alvaro, Indio ...

Remember, the more you ask about, the longer it takes before I find the time to reply ;)

Do you have any names in particular? I can suggest a few' date=' let me know who you want to know about. Leo Moura, Toloi, Juan, Chicao, Andre Santos, Luciano Almeida, Rhodolfo, Antonio Carlos, Felipe, Thiago Heleno, Leonardo Silva, Leo Fortunato, Jonathan, Andre Dias, Miranda, Durval, Leo, Rever, Rafael Marques, Danilo, Mauricio Ramos, Marcao, Danny Morais, Alvaro, Indio [/quote']

Thanks. I was thinking about the following:

• Miranda (SP)
  • Andre Santos (COR)
  • Juan (FLA)
  • Rever (GREM)
  • Leo (GREM)
  • and Kleber & Leo Moura & Andre Dias (if you think these ol' dogs would make the move across the pond)

Thanks. I was thinking about the following:

• Miranda (SP)
  • Andre Santos (COR)
  • Juan (FLA)
  • Rever (GREM)
  • Leo (GREM)
  • and Kleber & Leo Moura & Andre Dias (if you think these ol' dogs would make the move across the pond)

Alright, let see.

-Miranda - Well, he's key this year for Sao Paulo with their goalkeeping injuries. Very good defender who already plays in a Euro-like system. He'll adapt easiest.

-Andre Santos - A bit of a left-back version of Dani Alves. Bigger though. He'll need to adapt to the defensive style of wing-back in Europe, but could be a good presence for a team who likes their attacking defenders. As an Atlético fan, I could see him fitting in with us easy.

-Juan - Will frustrate the hell out of anyone, easily the most likely to fail. "Tendency" to dive is a pure lie. At the slightest touch, he goes down, usually looking to instigate the contact. (I don't like him)

-Rever - Another solid defensive centre-back, who could easily make the transition.

-Leo - Will be snapped up soon. Plays a bit like Lucio, hard nosed, not afraid to attack and not afraid to defend. One of my favourite defenders.

I doubt the three last will make the move.

Alright' date=' let see.

-Miranda - Well, he's key this year for Sao Paulo with their goalkeeping injuries. Very good defender who already plays in a Euro-like system. He'll adapt easiest.

-Andre Santos - A bit of a left-back version of Dani Alves. Bigger though. He'll need to adapt to the defensive style of wing-back in Europe, but could be a good presence for a team who likes their attacking defenders. As an Atlético fan, I could see him fitting in with us easy.

-Juan - Will frustrate the hell out of anyone, easily the most likely to fail. "Tendency" to dive is a pure lie. At the slightest touch, he goes down, usually looking to instigate the contact. (I don't like him)

-Rever - Another solid defensive centre-back, who could easily make the transition.

-Leo - Will be snapped up soon. Plays a bit like Lucio, hard nosed, not afraid to attack and not afraid to defend. One of my favourite defenders.

I doubt the three last will make the move.[/quote']

Thanks...

JUAN: So Juan is the defensive equivalent of Maicon Bitencourt...;) Good to know... (Aside: Can't stand watching Maicon either...!)

ANDRE SANTOS: Good point on Andre Santos and how he'll have to adapt from wing-back to more of a European-standard of back. You brought this point up HERE. Makes a lot of sense... and could be a hurdle.

MIRANDA: Am leaning towards him. On the face of it, he seems the most promising and easiest to adapt to Europe. Has been nothing short of impressive every time I have seen him this year. Not sure if it's true or not, but he seems to exude strong leadership abilities, too. Curious though if SPFC actually let him go considering how reliant they are on him.

(1)
Do you think he goes to 90 this ratings change ?

(2)
Do you think SPFC will sell him this yr ?

Aside: Elias' positional change to CM/DM went through today. Really want this kid to succeed...

Another Aside: I dropped this on the Ukrainian thread, but Shakhtar are going to be BIG profitable sellers this summer (Jadson & Luiz Adriano). Would love to see Taison go to a team like that.

Thanks...

JUAN: So Juan is the defensive equivalent of Maicon Bitencourt...;) Good to know... (Aside: Can't stand watching Maicon either...!)

ANDRE SANTOS: Good point on Andre Santos and how he'll have to adapt from wing-back to more of a European-standard of back. You brought this point up HERE. Makes a lot of sense... and could be a hurdle.

MIRANDA: Am leaning towards him. On the face of it' date=' he seems the most promising and easiest to adapt to Europe. Has been nothing short of impressive every time I have seen him this year. Not sure if it's true or not, but he seems to exude strong leadership abilities, too. Curious though if SPFC actually let him go considering how reliant they are on him.[indent'](1) Do you think he goes to 90 this ratings change ?

(2) Do you think SPFC will sell him this yr ?

[/indent]Aside: Elias' positional change to CM/DM went through today. Really want this kid to succeed...

Another Aside: I dropped this on the Ukrainian thread, but Shakhtar are going to be BIG profitable sellers this summer (Jadson & Luiz Adriano). Would love to see Taison go to a team like that.

I was hoping to see Ciro making the move to Donetsk. I know they are very interested.

Re: Elias. Atletico have send their president, their financial director and defender Luis Perea (who played in Sao Paulo) to Sao Paulo to discuss terms for Elias this week. Roma, Real Madrid, Fiorentina and unknown English teams are also interested. I'd say buy him ;)

Juan is... worse. B)

I don't think Miranda will be sold. They have the kid Denis is goal right now, so they want as much leadership as possible. Also, if Denis turns out to be a bust, Sao Paulo's poor form might be what keeps him from 90.

Elias positional change today was but a fix right he wasn't yet re-rated correct?

Not only did they correctly change his position to CM/DM' date=' but they also correctly predicted the relegation of Corinthians....YET AGAIN....

Don't worry, the Brazilian ratings aren't until SM is done with the summer schedule. That said, the Argentinian ratings are this week and next...

Soooooo...Speaking of [b']Elias[/b].......

Tonight, shortly after Carlos Tevez decided in the losing locker room to become a true KOP RED, I decided to change the channels on the telly, hoping to avoid crocodile tears by Ronnie.....

What I experienced was (1) the most blatant coordination of Big Business and Big Media...and (2) a fantastic human interest story.

What's the "commercial" that Gol TV is showing.... None other than a mini-documentary on none other than Elias.

Interesting stuff... Turns out he was a promising FWD for Palmeiras a few years ago, but was a BUST. They released him. He then moves states and is given a brief chance in the Nautico system. His fate there is no better. Not only can't he find his way into the squad, but he's not even paid. With no money and no career, he heads home. According to Gol TV, Elias didn't work for a year. Instead he just kicked the ball around on the clay pitch that he originally learned to play the game when he was a kid. His youth coach got ahold of him and suggested he become a holding midfielder. Completely re-learned the game....and was picked up by Sao Bento...and then Juventus...and then Ponte Preta..... and now is The Man for Carlos Gustavo Steli's 9th place Corinthians !!! Girls and Boys, THAT is a GREAT story! This guy just turned 24 last week. He was told by everyone when he was a teenager that he was The Bomb... and then failed to convince on his promise at Traffic's Palmeiras. Was released by Palmeiras. Took a few years off and collected himself and re-invented himself and went to club after club after club and subsequently became one of the BEST holding midfielders in all of Brazil. THIS is a GREAT reality! He was one of my favorite players in Brazil before I heard this, but now is hands-down my favorite player.

Anyway.... So shortly after seeing this on Gol TV, I turn over to Setanta, where they are reporting on..... you guessed it Elias. Saying it's a done deal that he's going to Roma. Bemused by this I google it and what comes up, but he's a done deal at Atletico (as Insider reported on) or Roma. Boys and Girls, he's signed by a Big Business and Big Media is laying the ground work now....

Needless to say, pick him up IMMEDIATELY. (£700-850K in most set-ups)

Aside: Being the hedge fund guy, I love the fact that Traffic released him over 5 years ago. They subsequently watched their old failed FWD prodigy at Palmeiras take 2 years off and the jump to 5 different clubs, and yet somehow Traffic look at their balance sheet and realize that they still own 50% of this player, THE BEST holding midfielder in all of Brazil!!!!!! They are absolute money GODS!

Another Aside: Something seriously to think about.......... There's NO reason why we all can't be like this... Why we all can't have this same reality after we fail at something......

A great post, Johnny C, and quite fascinating. However, I find it a bit disturbing how you seemed to randomly stumble across these programs on Elias, and then for you to tell us about this is in....post #666 of the thread! Freaky! :eek:

Johnny, that wasn't Foot Brazil by any chance, was it? If so, you just ruined a program I had taped.

I can't believe I missed that story though. My Elias post was one of my first, I deeply apologize for the lack of detail. My next few will be better, I promise.

Also, for those who invested in Coritiba's old defender Cleiton, he is now back from injury.

Good post' date=' Johnny C. That's a great story. I like this guy. B)

If he moves to Roma/Atleti, will he be re-rated during the Brazilian or the next Italian/Spanish changes? :confused:[/quote']

Brazil. I will send tickets until they ban me.

I have made this list from your thread it would be helpful if u can make changes to it since i dont know very little about brazil football.

+6

NEYMAR, da Silva: F/AM SM Rating: 76>82

BRUNO, Cortez Cardoso: Gk SM Rating: 74>80

+5

ELIAS, Mendes: CM/DM SM Rating: 78> 83

CIRO, Silva: F Rating: 77>82

CLEITON, Solzbacher: CB SM Rating: 76>81

WALLYSON, Ricardo: CF SM Rating: 75>80

TOLOI, Rafael: CB SM Rating: 75>80

MURIQUI, Luiz: AM/F Rating: 74>79

+4

SIMOES DE OLIVEIRA, Victor (Loan from Tombense - Dec 2009) : CF SM Rating: 81>84/85

ADILSON, Warken: CM/DM Rating: 80>84

BOQUITA, Rafael: AM SM Rating: 76>80

EVERTON SILVA, Jose: RB Rating: 74>78

WELLINGTON, Reis (Loan from Cruzeiro - Dec 2009):CB SM Rating: 72>76

+3

JEAN, Raphael: CM SM Rating: 86>88/89

NETO BAIANO, Jose: F Rating: 80> 83

NADSON, Rodrigues: F Rating: 80>83

Name : WELTON FELIPE, Marques: CB Rating : 80>83

TULIO SOUZA, Gustavo: RM/CM SM Rating: 80>83

WILLIANS, Domingos: CM Rating: 80>83

JEFFERSON, Nascimento (Loan from Traffic - July 2009) - LB/LM SM Rating: 78 => 81

APODI, Luiz (Loan from Cruzeiro for 2009): RB/RM SM Rating: 78> 81

EDUARDO, Neto (Loan from Villa Rio - December 2011): DM/D SM Rating: 77>80

MAICON, Bitencourt (Loan from TRAFFIC - June 2012): F SM Rating: 77> 80

LEANDERSON, Collônia - DM Rating: 77 => 80

PARA, Marcos : LB Rating: 76=> 79

ROBSON, Signorini: AM/W Rating: 76> 80

GUTO, Pacheco Fraga (Loan from Internacional - December 2009): F Rating: 75>78

WELLINGTON, Aparecido Martins: CM/DM SM Rating: 75>78

UENDEL, Pereira Goncalves: LB SM Rating: 75> 78

JEAN CORAL, Carlos: CF SM Rating: 75> 78

ERICK FLORES, Bonfim: AM Rating: 75> 78

+2

MARQUINHOS PARANA, Antonio: RM/RB SM Rating: 86> 88 (this name cannnot be searched)

LEONARDO SILVA, Fabiano: CB SM Rating: 86>88

RAFAEL MARQUES, Pinto - CB Rating: 85=> 87

FAHEL, Leandro (Loan from Villa Rio - December 2011): CM/DM SM Rating: 84>86

GERSON MAGRAO, Alencar: AM/LM (LM/LB) SM Rating: 84> 86

RENAN, Dos Santos: Gk SM rating: 84>86

LEANDRO, Fonseca Euzebio: CB SM Rating: 84>86

MAURICIO, Donizeti (#15) (Loan from Iraty - December 2009): CB SM Rating: 84>86

CÉSAR LUCENA, RicardoSM Position: CB/DM Rating: 84>86

MADSON, Formagini: AM/LM Rating: 84> 86

WILLIANS SANTANA, Santos (Loan from Vitoria - December 2009): W/AM SM Rating: 83>85

AIRTON, Ribeiro Santos: DM Rating: 83>85

FABINHO CAPIXABA, Antonio - RB/RM Rating: 83 => 85

EVERTON SANTOS, Leandro (Loan from Paris SG - August 2009): AM Rating: 83>85

MARQUINHO, Antonio: LM SM Rating: 83> 85

DENTINHO, Bruno Bonfim : F SM Rating: 83>85

VANDERLEI, Farias: Gk SM Rating: 83>85

HAMILTON CALHEIROS, Henio: CM Rating: 83>85

ZE ANTONIO, Pereira: CM/RM SM Rating: 81>83

WELINTON, Souza : CB Rating: 75> 77

MAYLSON, Barbosa: RM/AM Rating: 74> 76

BRUNO MENEGHEL, Reboli: F SM Rating: 73>75

RAMIRES, Santos: CM/DM SM Rating: 89>90

ERNANDO, Rodrigues: CB SM Rating: 86 > 87

Deff Ramires.

For the list, it's constantly being updated, but those rise could be underrated as much as they could be overrated. It's hard to tell at this early stage. Take out Cleiton and Nadson though.

Does anyone else agree with this one... ? Curious... Thx.

That prediction was at the end of the Paulista. Then he got injured, setting him off 3 games, but he should be back this weekend.

He is a starter.

That prediction was at the end of the Paulista. Then he got injured' date=' setting him off 3 games, but he should be back this weekend.

He is a starter.[/quote']

Jean would have only gone to 87 if he was fully fit anyway, same as Molinaro.

What a way to celebrate my 1000th post :rolleyes:

On the best thread on here though :)