Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Insider

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Here's what happened. Manager Nelsinho called him a "woman" and told him to leave. Did the same to Jonas and publically criticized Paulo Baier' date=' the captain, as well. He has since resigned.

Interesting. Can't wait to see how the new manager handles it.[/quote']

This is good stuff.... :)

Anyone else watching Santos vs. Corinthians ?

2x1 Santos in the 70th...Every goal has been a howler....and don't forget to throw in the mystery straight red card, too.

Neymar just on in the 67th. Hopefully he lights it up.

This is good stuff.... :)

Anyone else watching Santos vs. Corinthians ?

2x1 Santos in the 70th...Every goal has been a howler....and don't forget to throw in the mystery straight red card' date=' too.

Neymar just on in the 67th. Hopefully he lights it up.[/quote']

I'm watching Adriano's debut. Taped the derby though, can't wait to watch it later tonight. Thanks for spoiling it ;) (Already knew most of that from the Fla game, they show flashes 8-))

I'm watching Adriano's debut. Taped the derby though' date=' can't wait to watch it later tonight. Thanks for spoiling it ;) (Already knew most of that from the Fla game, they show flashes 8-))[/quote']

You're not missing much..... Corinthians fielded their B team.

You think a player like Madson, would have gotten more of a look from Europe if he was taller ? The guy is always one of the best players on the pitch... You think his height keeps him in Brazil or is there more to it than that?

You're not missing much..... Corinthians fielded their B team.

You think a player like Madson' date=' would have gotten more of a look from Europe if he was taller ? The guy is always one of the best players on the pitch... You think his height keeps him in Brazil or is there more to it than that?[/quote']

He's only getting known now. I think he'd be a great fit in Europe actually, because he'd tough, quick and talented.

I always like watching B teams mate. That's where players get their starts.

Keirrison' date=' what do you predict for him, Mark? :)

Sorry to be a pain. :o[/quote']

88. Needs to re-find his form. Weakest team in Brazil (Barueri) tonight, that might be a good start. I'm betting that he gets a brace tonight, hoping for it. That being said, I'll be watching Inter. I want to see for myself what this Muriqui kid is all about. :D

Talles Cunha expected to start. That throws everyone off.

88. Needs to re-find his form. Weakest team in Brazil (Barueri) tonight' date=' that might be a good start. I'm betting that he gets a brace tonight, hoping for it. That being said, I'll be watching Inter. I want to see for myself what this Muriqui kid is all about. :D

Talles Cunha expected to start. That throws everyone off.[/quote']

Cheers. We'll i suppose that's still very good, considering how young he is.

I'll have to try catch an Inter game sometime as I want to have a look at Giuliano. :)

I see johnny 76 frm nautico playin and para76 played a few games. Are they any good

Johnny is. He's clearly a starter, I'm just waiting to see him a bit more before starting a thread. If anyone wants to, feel free. Just let me know. Para is backup to Luizinho, both are risers. But not as much as Johnny.

Vitora destroyed gremio 1-0 today. Gremio were hopeless and are nothing compared to the team they were last season. Leandro Domingues scored a screamer and was man of the match along with Apodi. Apodi was immense down the right flank he absolutely romped the Gremio left side and in one run he deadset beat about 5 Gremio players and nearly scored. Back four for Vitoria were also solid including this youngster called victor ramos (Not on DB should get added though) He was heaps solid and also Viafara with a near man of the match performance. Great result!

But really a must buy is Apodi who is 76 and 22. Massive riser if he continues to play well.

But really a must buy is Apodi who is 76 and 22. Massive riser if he continues to play well.

He's 78 on the DB :o Had him on my shortlist for a while...i know its a bit early but any thoughts of a prediction at this stage for him if he keeps playing?

Nominees for team of the week:

Gk:

Fabio Costa - SAN

Magrao - SPO

Ricardo Berna - FLU

RB:

Apodi - VIT

Leo Moura - FLA

Ze Luis - SPA

CB:

Asprilla - NAU

Danny Morais - INT

Fabao - SAN

Juninho - BOT

Miranda - SPA

Ronaldo Angelim - FLA

LB:

Juan - FLA

Kleber - INT

Thiago Feltri - AMG

DM:

Eduardo Costa - SPO

Fernando - STA

Leandro Guerreiro - BOT

Marcio Araujo - AMG

Mozart - PAL

Tulio - GRÊ

AM:

Andrezinho - INT

Leandro Domingues - VIT

Madson - SAN

Marlos - SPA

Paulo Escobar - STA

Paulo Henrique - SAN

F:

Adriano - FLA

Borges - SPA

Felipe - GOI

Pedrao - BAR

Talles Cunha - INT

Tony - BOT

Best Player:

Adriano - FLA

Paulo Henrique - SAN

Pedrao - BAR

What do you think will happen to Marlos and Danny Morais in the Brazilian changes Mark?

Seems I forgot to sell them in a couple of GC's when I was raising cash, may as well keep them now if they can rise in the future.

And what does the future see for them?

And what can you tell me about Ciciro Jonathan of Cruzeiro? I have him and David Abraham in one of my teams, and I want to see one of them off. Which one's the better bet?

What do you think will happen to Marlos and Danny Morais in the Brazilian changes Mark?

Seems I forgot to sell them in a couple of GC's when I was raising cash' date=' may as well keep them now if they can rise in the future.

And what does the future see for them?

And what can you tell me about Ciciro Jonathan of Cruzeiro? I have him and David Abraham in one of my teams, and I want to see one of them off. Which one's the better bet?[/quote']

Both were nominated for team of the week this week. Morais is still B team, but very close to a spot. Marlos however is a must keep, he just signed with Sao Paulo and appears to be the creative mid they desperatly needed.

My family is actually from Basel, and I'm an FCB fan. But I'd keep Jonathan ahead of David Abraham at the moment.