Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Thanks' date=' mate :) Welcome to the game, and to the forums! You'll see a ton of great stuff on here, trust me :D I only watch Brazil and Spain, but from reading up on here I can follow most of the world.

I use [url']www.justin.tv[/url] to find feeds. Sadly, there arn't any feeds for the less-known state championships (Good luck finding Avai, Sport Recife, Nautico or Vitoria), but the main ones are usually there. Most of Palmeiras, Flamengo, Santos, Inter, Corinthians, Gremio and Sao Paulo (amongst others) are there. You just have to click on sports, then on Portuguese. Then, try your luck :D

And don't forget to come report it here if you find anything interesting ;)

Cheers. My other reply didn't seem to post properly and i can't be bothered writing it out again! But it was about the u20s tournament and i see there's another thread for that so ill go there.
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Individual Player Posts: Transferred to Europe: -- - Kleber Atletico Paranaense: 77 - Manoel 81 - Wallyson Botafogo: 81 - Simoes de Oliveira Corinthians: 80 - Boquita 86 - Elias Coritiba:

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season RE: VAGNER LOVE (from a conversation that was started on the Thiago Neves thread HERE) I 100% absolutely disagree that he will drop just because he returne

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season Yesterday's matches Porto 0 x 1 Sport Recife - Campeonato Pernambucano The two leaders in the Pernambucano faced, and it was yet another victory for Sport Rec

Thursday's games (sorry about the delay... funny thing is I actually watched both games, just forgot to report)

Corinthians 2 - 2 Grêmio Barueri - Campeonato Paulista

Corinthians were bailed out in this one. Down 2-0 at the 82nd minute against a keeper who was simply brilliant. But a bad call led to a Chicao penalty conversion, and then Jorge Henrique rescued a point with very little time to go.

Corinthians started off strong, but René was simply brilliant in the Barueri goal. Barueri then got on the board first, through a brilliant ball played in to Pedrao. Felipe shys away from it, and it's 1-0.

In the second, Pedrao gets his brace by converting a pen. Yet another weak call.

Something that the highlites fail to show is the brilliance of René in the Barueri goal. Man of the match, by far.

0:22 - Pedrao's first.

0:44 - The Barueri penalty. Pedrao converts. 0-2

1:11 - The Corinthians Penalty. Chicao converts. 1-2

1:33 - Jorge Henrique rescues a point. 2-2

Santos 2 - 0 Guaratingueta - Campeonato Paulista

Finally a team in the Paulista with a really convincing showing (other than Palmeiras, we can't criticise them). Santos truly dominated this match. Kleber Pereira once again showed that he deserves to be rated 90, and a few new signings played well: Madson and Triguinho. I always thought Madson was an impressive player with Vasco, now he seems like a keeper. I suggest investing in him.

0:08 - KP9 recieves the ball from Madson and makes it 1-0

0:40 - KP9 finishes off the corner. 2-0.

Keep this up Mark, I enjoy reading the reports, and after the latest Brazilian changes I'm snapping up any good talent you mention in the hope that come the new season they get some game time. :P

Got Anderson Salles in most GC's I'm in, got Ciro in one, and Santana is currently free in most.

Today's Matches:

Boavista 1 - 2 Botafogo - Campeonato Carioca

Well, view the previous post for one of the strangest things I've seen. Watching it live was hilarious, we had no clue what they'd call :D . Other than that, though, Maicosuel was the story of the game. The new #10, signed from Palmeiras, had the game of his life. The 22 year old attacking midfielder scored both goals that actually counted in his debut. He scored the winner in the 94th.

0:03 - Maicosuel on the free kick. 0-1.

1:05 - The response from Boavista. 1-1.

2:02 - Late in Extra Time (the time wasted by the goal/no goal), Maicosuel scores his second. 1-2.

Palmeiras 3 - 0 Mogi Mirim - Campeonato Paulista

Keirrison's much anticipated début. He only scored twice though :( . Seriously, he his the woodwork twice in the opening thirty mins, then fluffed a great chance by putting it over the bar. If it would've been mid-season, Keirrison would've had 6 in this game.

Another brilliant performance by the Palmeiras backlind, Capixaba, Mauricio Ramos, Jeci and Danilo. The wingers and attackers did well too, Willians and Jefferson both deserve a rise. Cleiton and Souza both played an exellent game as well. As for Bruno is goal, he didn't have to make a single save :D

0:28 - Keirrison denied.

0:48 - Keirrison off the post; Cleiton Xavier slots in the rebound. 1-0.

1:38 - Keirrison off the post :D

2:20 - Keirrison fluffs it (the one I was talking about)

2:35 - Jefferson wins a pen.

2:57 - Keirrison puts in the pen. His first Palmeiras goal. 2-0.

4:10 - Keirrison denied, great pass from Willians.

4:30 - Keirrison's second, set up by Diego Souza. 3-0.

Gremio 5 - 0 Esportivo - Campeonato Gaucho

There's the Gremio we all know and love :D This one was all Gremio right from the start. 5 different scorers, including Ruy's second in as many matches and Alex Mineiro's much anticipated first goal. Wouldn't be fair for me to analyse it too much, as I was watching Palmeiras and Botafogo split screen. I ignored Gremio :( . Highlights :

0:01 - Ruy opens the scoring. 1-0

0:07 - Souza off the free kick. 2-0

0:11 - Jonas with the header. 3-0

0:17 - Alex Mineiro off the penalty. 4-0

0:23 - Tcheco off the penalty. 5-0

Sao Caetano 1 - 0 Santo Andre - Campeonato Paulista

I was impressed by Santo Andre's losing effort to Palmeiras, but this was just lame. Santo Andre desperatly need some fresh legs, their attack will be useless with a 41 year old ans a 37 year old leading it. This is just sad.

Avai 1 - 0 Chapecoense - Campeonato Catarinense

Looks like Avai are back on track (2-1-0) in one of the easier championships. One one goal in this one, and it came from Davi.

*What, you weren't expecting me to give Santo André and Avai the same attention as Botafogo, Gremio and Palmeiras, were you? :D

I'm loving this thread and also your one on the under 20 championships. I don't know how you find the time to watch all these games!

I don't watch all of them :D I read a lot.

I'm in the same time zone as Rio, Sao Paulo and Porto Alegre, so it just happens that the matches are on when I'm home. I often watch two at a time, like today, I had Boavista - Botafogo and Palmeiras - Mogi Mirim on split screen, though I missed Gremio's 5 goal win which was on at the same time :D

Glad you like it, keep checking :)

Still can't tell what went on :D Even in this day and age' date=' if that (really) went in, there'd not have been a complaint by the players, the ref should have had more sense and realised this (if he was going by just looking and no complaining by the players, then i'd see why it would have been given, because I could only tell after the slow-motion replay)

Noticed he went down one recently, how much do you know about him?

Great thread BTW, been really helpful, thanks :)[/quote']

Went down 3 actually - he dropped from 87 to 85, then to 84.

Real annoying as he was a first teamer in both my Cruzeiro teams.

Haha that goal is strange. At first I couldn't understand what the problem is, then I saw the slow-motion replay... surely in this day and age that shouldn't be happening?

What happened in the end? Was it a goal-kick? Very harsh if it was given as a goal.

I feel sorry for the ref and his assistants. :o

Went down 3 actually - he dropped from 87 to 85' date=' then to 84.

Real annoying as he was a first teamer in both my Cruzeiro teams.

Haha that goal is strange. At first I couldn't understand what the problem is, then I saw the slow-motion replay... surely in this day and age that shouldn't be happening?

What happened in the end? Was it a goal-kick? Very harsh if it was given as a goal.

I feel sorry for the ref and his assistants. :o[/quote']

It was a goal kick. Good call, after about 10 minutes :D

Maicosuel looks refereshed at Botafogo, and I think he can climb back up to 87/88, as he was signed as a replacement for Lucho Flavio (88) who left.

Updated yesterday's post with a vid, plus the dominance of Keirrison and Gremio.

Too many games to report today, so the reports should come tomorrow morning.

Amongst the highlights :

Brace for Washing, Sao Paulo win 2-0.

Taison gets the double, Internacional win 3-1. Alex; D'Alessandro sent off. Marcelo Cordeio scores in the 8th minute of ET :D

Lulinha scores the loan goal in a match dominated by Corinthians midfielders.

Yesterday's matches

Porto 0 x 1 Sport Recife - Campeonato Pernambucano

The two leaders in the Pernambucano faced, and it was yet another victory for Sport Recife, who incredibly are now 5-0-0. They are one of the hottest teams in Brazil.

The goal was scored by Guto, who was making his first start. The man on loan from Internacional took the long ball on his head; one touch to the back of the net.

0:05 - Guto scores the lone goal.

Sao José 1 x 3 Internacional - Campeonato Gaucho

Now this was an interesting match. No scoring in the first hour, until Internacional made a substitution. Taison came into the game, determined to make it his. After Alex and a Sao José player were sent off, Taison made it one-nil with a nice individual effort. Sao tied it up 5 mins later, but another beautiful effort by Taison made it 1-2.

Then, after Andres D'Alessandro was sent off, Marcelo Cordeio sealed the deal. 1-3 final score.

Surprisingly, D'Alessandro, Alex, Nilmar and co. did not play a flowing style. The freestyle attack that Inter is known for was only put on display when super-sub Taison came in.

0:04 - Taison with his first. It was his first play after coming on :D

0:22 - Taison goes around the defense and scores his second.

0:31 - Marcelo Cordeio get the ball from Magrao. 1-3 final

Bragantino 0 x 1 Corinthians - Campeonato Paulista

This was the match I chose to watch in full, mainly because I was intrigued by the Corinthians midfield. Christian and Wellington Saci holding, Elias and Lulinha attacking. All 4 of them performed admirably. Wellington Saci was absolutly everywhere; attacking, defending, left right and center. Elias was in control of the midfield, setting up Souza a few times. Lulinha was brilliant making runs, setting up Souza and Neto, and scoring the lone goal.

Corinthians played an attacking brand that was fun to watch. However, they need fatty, because Souza fluffed a good dozen chances.

0:01 - Lulinha gets the pass. 0-1.

Portuguesa 0 x 2 Sao Paulo - Campeonato Paulista

While Sao Paulo fans are celebrating their new arrival, they are worrying about the health of their oldest warrior.

New signing Washington, best known for an incredible goal tally in Japan before being amongst the leaders with Fluminense last year, started his first game for the red and black. He was the only man to have his name on the scoreboard, though both were ugly "Right place/Right time" goals.

Now, the worry. Third string keeper Denis made his first appearance as a substitute, late in the match, after Rogerio Ceni had muscle problems. Let's hope it's nothing.

0:11 - Washington's first.

1:01 - Washington's second.

Atlético Mineiro 0 x 0 América Mineiro - Campeonato Mineiro

Very disappointing opening to the Campeonato Mineiro. The problem for Atlético wasn't in the midfield, as Araujo and co. provided tons of chances, it was wasteful finishing by the strikers.

In fact, an error from Juninho in goal almost gave América the lead, but it was Leandro Almeida who saved the day.

Atletico Paranaense 3 x 0 Rio Branco - Campeonato Paranaense

Successful start for Atletico. Despite a scoreless first half, Atletico eased through the second. Both teams had a lot of chances, but goalkeeping was the difference. Galatto was simply phenomenal for Atletico PR, while on the other side... well, watch the video :D .

Moura opened the scoring with a header off a free kick. Then, Lima took the gift from the keeper and made it 2-0, before Alex Sandro set himself up wonderfully for the 3rd.

0:01 - Rafael Moura's goal.

0:09 - Lima's goal

0:13 - Alex Sandro's goal

Coritiba 0 x 0 Iraty - Campeonato Paranaense

Not as good a start to Paranaense for Coritiba. Tons of chances for both teams, but the keepers reigned. For anyone wondering, it was Vanderlei in goal.

Coritiba will need to be better, as no one wants a relegation in the centennial season.

Uberlandia 1 x 2 Cruzeiro - Campeonato Mineiro

Despite the close scoreline, all it would take is a glance at the highlites to determine that, in fact, this game was all Cruzeiro. The 4 man midfield of Gerson Magrao, Ramires, Marquinhos Parana and Elicarlos was simply amazing in this match.

Adding fuel to the fire of rumours sending Guilherme to the Ukraine, the young hitman did not play any role in this game. Interstingly enough... it rained during this game. B)

0:01 - Gerson Magrao. 1-0.

2:15 - Ramires wins the pen.

2:44 - Fernandinho. 2-0.

Flamengo 1 x 0 Friburguense - Campeonato Carioca

Friburguense had a point stolen away. Victor Hugo scored the opener today, but a phantom foul/offside had it called off. Take a look at this :

Ok, now the goal. Flamengo had more chances the Friburguense, and eventually score this goal, by Juan. Great lead up. 1-0 final.

Cabofriense 3 x 1 Fluminense - Campeonato Carioca

Disaster for Flu! Despite the opening goal by Diguinho in the 3rd minute, The couldn't even rescue a point from this match! The reason? Weak defending. You can't blame keeper Luciano Henrique, his defense was terrible.

Let's take a look.

0:03 - Diguinho scores. 0-1

0:50 - Weak defending. 1-1

1:35 - Weak defending. 2-1

2:20 - 3-1.

Itumbiara 0 x 0 Goias - Campeonato Goiano

Goias did not look like a team at 100%. The manager highlited that most of the attackers were not fully fit. Add this to the expulsion of Ramalho, and all Goias could muster was a 1-1 draw.

Nautico 1 x 0 Central - Campeonato Pernambucano

Anderson Lessa plays is the hero for the second consecutive match. This time, he entered in relief of an injured Somalia in the first, and scored the winner. He was dangerous alongside Bala most of the match. He almost had a second, but was denied brilliantly on a play that was setup well by Anderson Santana, the other player I am watching closely for Nautico.

Noroeste 1 x 2 Santos - Campeonato Paulista

Despite giving up a weak goal (Costa should've handled the rebound better) in the first minute, Santos were able to squeak out all three points late. They now have 6/6 points and are in a good position. Madson, once again, performed quite well, I think he will be a revelation for Santos this season. For those wondering, the pen was given because of a handball.

0:01 - Fabio Costa mishandles the shot. Rebound goal. 1-0

0:47 - Rodrigo Mancha gets the header in. 1-1.

1:37 - KP9 with the penalti goal. 1-2.

Gremio Barueri 2 x 2 Oeste - Campeonato Paulista

Despite both games ending in 2-2 draws, there is a positive that Barueri can taken, and his name is Pedrao.

Pedrao is now the leading scorer in the Paulista, scoring every one of Barueri's goals.

Guest Abdel Zizi

Portuguesa 0 x 2 Sao Paulo - Campeonato Paulista

New signing Washington, best known for an incredible goal tally in Japan before being amongst the leaders with Fluminense last year, started his first game for the red and black. He was the only man to have his name on the scoreboard, though both were ugly "Right place/Right time" goals.

0:11 - Washington's first.

1:01 - Washington's second.

The second one wasn't as ugly as you said it was.:)

Lulinha's goal is 0:17' date=' not 0:01. ;)[/b']

Great work once again, some great reports. :)

Washington's second goal was a pretty good goal in all - some good passing before a great ball, and a good, powerful header.

What Magrao is that for Inter?

Do you want the vids or not? :D

Sport Club Internacional

298_1206051012.gif

Name: MAGRAO' date=' Marcio

AKA: Marcio Rodrigues

Height: 186 cm

Former Teams:

SM Position: CM/DM

SM Rating: 88

Projected Rating: --

2009 - Campeonato Gaucho - 2 starts

2008 - Internacional - 17 starts, 2 subs, 1 goal, 1 assist, 3, YC, 1381 mins

2007 - Internacional - 17 starts, 2 subs, 3 goals

2006 - Corinthians - 11 starts, 2 goals

2006 - Yokohama (Jap) - 17 starts, 6 goals[/color']

This one :D

Today's games:

Santo Andre 1 - 0 Ponte Preta - Campeonato Paulista

Yes. You read that right. Santo André actually scored a goal. Santo André actually won a game. Surprise! :D Goal came from 37 year old Marcelinho Carioca on a penalty, that was won by Junior Dutra.

Palmeiras 3 - 0 Marilia - Campeonato Paulista

A much different Palmeiras took on Marilia. They were resting starters Cleiton Xavier, Keirrison, Deigo Souza, Willians Santana, Pierre, Fabinho Capixaba and Jefferson, because there is a Libertadores fixture in 2 days. Instead, two big name signings made their debuts: Pablo Armero and Edmilson. Armero performed admirable, same for the defensive mids Sandro Silva and Jumar. Lenny finally scored his first in 35 matches, he seems to be on the right track this year. Evandro scored the first. After coming on as a sub, Cleiton Xavier knocked in his 3rd in as many games. He is as exiting a player as any this season.

For the Keirrison watch, he missed a pen today, but was always looking dangerous after coming in for Max.

0:10 - Lenny sets up Evandro. 1-0.

1:05 - Ball falls to Cleiton Xavier, who places it low in the corner. 2-0.

1:45 - Lenny finds himself alone with the keeper. 3-0.

Great thread so far Insider.

I'm wondering if there is anyone else I should be watching out for? So far i've bought Anderson Santana, Leyrielton, Maylson, Walter, Ciro and Anderson Lessa. My set up is highly competitive, so I only got a minority of the last bunch of risers/talents so i'm getting in early as possible this time :D

Great thread so far Insider.

I'm wondering if there is anyone else I should be watching out for? So far i've bought Anderson Santana' date=' Leyrielton, Maylson, Walter, Ciro and Anderson Lessa. My set up is highly competitive, so I only got a minority of the last bunch of risers/talents so i'm getting in early as possible this time :D[/quote']

That's a pretty good list to start with. Jefferson is getting some games in at Palmeiras, but with Armero there, it might change. Also, I'd keep an eye on Talles and Sandro at Inter.

That's a pretty good list to start with. Jefferson is getting some games in at Palmeiras' date=' but with Armero there, it might change. [/quote']

I nearly bought Jefferson before the rise actually :D I'll probablly keep an eye out on how they fair once the league starts there.

Also' date=' I'd keep an eye on Talles and [b']Sandro[/b] at Inter.

I remember you mentioning earlier him now. I'll take the risk on both rather than lose out later :D Thanks again :)

Yesterday's matches:

Ypiranga 1 - 4 Sport Recife - Campeonato Pernambucano

Ciro! Ciro! Ciro! What a goal!

Well, Sport Recife managed, quite easily, to keep a clean record of 6-0-0 so far. I love games like this, where players who I have targeted play well. The first two goals of the game came from Guto. I've been waiting for a game like this to make a post about Guto, but it's on his way now. Then, the next two from Ciro. I strongly suggest you watch the video, as that 3rd sport goal is absolutly stunning.

1:07 - Guto's first. 1-0

1:48 - Guto cleans up for his second. 2-0.

2:27 - STUNNING strike by Ciro. WOW! 3-0.

3:04 - Goal by Ciro. Cameraman kind of missed it, but it was weak goalkeeping. 4-0.

Criciuma 4 - 2 Avai - Campeonato Catarinense

First defeat for Avai, who didn't look too sharp. They won't stay in the top flight long if they play like that against Cri.

2:11 - Ferdinando scores with a blast from long range. 2-1.

5:00 - Odair with a late free kick. Much too late. 4-2.

Corinthians 2 - 0 Botafogo SP - Campeonato Paulista

Not to be confused with the other Botafogo. I'm quickly falling in love with the midfield line of Lulinha - Saci - Cristian - Elias.

0:19 - Chicao makes it 1-0 from the spot.

1:10 - Diogo, 2-0.

Iguacu 0 - 1 Coritiba - Campeonato Paranaense

Coritiba got away with one. They probably should've drawn 0-0 for the second consecutive time, but Ariel Nahuelpan scored in the 92nd minute. Lucky.

Second consecutive clean sheet for Vanderlei, for those of you who, like me, invested in him last year.

Fluminense 0 - 0 Madureira - Campeonato Carioca

After a 3-1 loss on the road to Cabofriense, Fluminense were looking forward to getting all three points from Madureira. Didn't quite happen that way. In fact, keeper Fernando Henrique had to make a wonderful save late just to salvage a point.

Goias 3 - 0 Catalao - Campeonato Goiano

There's the Goias attack! The had chances in their first match, but it finished one-nil. A bit more clinical this time.

0:30 - Vitor makes it 1-0.

0:40 - Romerito. 2-0.

0:45 - Felipe. 3-0

Sao Caetano 0 - 1 Gremio Barueri - Campeonato Paulista

A ton of firsts in this one. First win for Barueri. First goal by someone other than Pedrao (who has 4). First clean sheet for Rene (who has been spectacular). Only goal came early, when Thiago Humberto made no mistake after being sent in in the 11th.

Sete De Setembro 1 - 1 Nautico - Campeonato Pernambucano

Carlinhos Bala scored the loan goal for Nautico, who are still undefeated. However, at 3-3-0, they are falling far behind big rivals Sport Recife.

For those who are paying attention, Lessa was back in the starting lineup, but Santana did not feature. Another start for Luiz Alberto though. I wonder if SM will add him based on Pernambucano only :confused::rolleyes:

Guarani 0 - 2 Sao Paulo - Campeonato Paulista

Confident win by Sao Paulo. First goal was an own goal, but I'm sure Washington would've scored it even without the help from the defender. Second was a great pass from Dago to Hernanes.

Bosco made the start in goal after the injury to Ceni in the 2-0 over Portuguesa on the 25th. The injury is not serious, the training crew is debating over whether or not he will be available for the weekend fixture against Santo Andre.

0:08 - Own Goal. Washington would've had it. 0-1

0:15 - Dagoberto sets up Hernanes. 0-2.

Vitoria 7 - 0 Pocoes - Campeonato Baiano

Just watch the video... :rolleyes: . You know you want to.

No video for the first goal. Valmir Bida.

0:00 - Washington. 2-0.

0:13 - Jackson. 3-0

0:20 - Andre Luis. 4-0

0:28 - Jackson. 5-0.

0:34 - Washington. 6-0.

0:38 - Jackson. 7-0.

Sao Luiz 0 - 1 Internacional - Campeonato Gaucho

It was Andrezinho's time to shine. The attacking midfielder took advantage of Alex and D'Alessandro being suspended to score the only game of this encounter, from a free kick won by Nilmar. Apologies for the poor quality.

1:16 - Andrezinho. 0-1.

*Last update: January 29

GUTO

12932.jpg

Augusto Pacheco Fraga, better known as Guto, is a former U20 international for Brazil. He mainly plays as a striker, or supporting the strikers. He signed for Sport Club Internacional de Porto Alegre from Criciuma in 2007, where he scored a goal in 12 appearance in 2007 and 2008.

At the beginning of the season, Sport Recife were unsure of what to do for attackers. Fumagalli and Paulo Baier both prefer wing/attacking midfield positions, and hot prospect Ciro was highly unproven. So they signed Guto on loan for a season. Even if Guto wasn't proven either, at least it gave them some options.

Guto hasn't quite been a starter yet, appearing in 4 of 6 matches, two of them as a sub, but has started the last two matches. Coach Nelsinho has praised his performance, and he is compiling an impressive statline. In the 4 games, he has 3 goals, he won a penalty, and has a few assists as well, working up a great partnership with Ciro. If they can keep it up, Sport will be an interesting team to watch in the Brasilierao, and also in the Copa Libertadores (Sport qualified through the back door, winning the Copa do Brasil).

In the long term, he has a contract until 2012 with Internacional. They have a ton of young talent, but it's a question of time before a few of Noir, Walter, Sandro Ranieri, Taison, Juliano, Talles Cunha and Talles make the jump overseas. One thing that is sure, however, is that Guto is a talent worth watching. Rated 75, he is also a talent worth buying.

CAMPEONATO PERNAMBUCANO Goals

1. January 25, 2009 v. Porto - 0:01

2, 3. Jan 28, 2009 v. Ypiranga - 0:14 and 0:23

4. February 4, 2009 v. Cabense - 0:09

*Note: If there is a detailed post on Guto somewhere, please send me a PM so I can give proper recognition and link it.

Looks like people are reading my thread :rolleyes: : http://noticias.uol.com.br/pelenet/revista/ult1334u1741.jhtm

An article published yesterday about two friends who have grown through the ranks as cross-town rivals and top scorers: Ciro and Anderson Lessa.

Quite a nice article actually.

Also, Ciro's pay has been raised another 300% this week, followike the previous 600% hike. They rate him so highly, that he now has a buyout clause of 20 million $.

These two kids are really worth it.