Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Insider

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Any young players coming through' date=' any of your spots etc playing?[/quote']

Expected lineups:

Felipe - Alessandro - Chicao - Diego - W. Saci - Cristian - Elias - Boquita - Douglas - Souza - Dentinho

Vanderlei - Felipe - Rodrigo Mancha - Pereira - Vicente - Marcio Gabriel - Pedro Ken (Renatinho) - Leandro Donizete - Marcelinho Paraiba - Marcos Aurelio - Ariel Nahuelpan

Wouldn't be surprised to see Cleiton in there as well for Coritiba.

In the Santos / Santo Andre match last night ....(3X3)

Some real nice timing to beat the offside trap & then some nifty footwork by Kléber Pereira to score the first goal last night. That makes 4 goals out of 5 played in the league... not to mention his 10 out of 18 played in the Paulista. Will be interesting to see if Santos keep their solid form if SM give the ol' guy his 90.

Not sure if anyone else watched the match, but Paulo Henrique was quiet after a big weekend performance.

Not sure who wears #4 for Santos, but they were absolutely lit up all night, including for 2 of Santo Andre's 3 goals. Anyone know who this is...?

Neymar in for the final third. And Madson yet again seemed to be the best player on the pitch.

Not many Santo Andre players in the DB. I am assuming it's because they were recently promoted. Had a few young guys out there starting: Antonio Flavio (22-FWD) ; Junior Dutra (21-MID) ; Cicinho (22-DEF) ; Cesinha (22-DEF). And the following came off the bench: Arthur Henrique (22-DEF) ; Ricardo Goulart (18-MID ; looked absolutely lightning fast) ; Dionísio (21-MID)

In the Santos / Santo Andre match last night ....(3X3)

Some real nice timing to beat the offside trap & then some nifty footwork by Kléber Pereira to score the first goal last night. That makes 4 goals out of 5 played in the league... not to mention his 10 out of 18 played in the Paulista. Will be interesting to see if Santos keep their solid form if SM give the ol' guy his 90.

Not sure if anyone else watched the match' date=' but Paulo Henrique was quiet after a big weekend performance.

Not sure who wears #4 for Santos, but they were absolutely lit up all night, including for 2 of Santo Andre's 3 goals. Anyone know who this is...?

Neymar in for the final third. And Madson yet again seemed to be the best player on the pitch.

Not many Santo Andre players in the DB. I am assuming it's because they were recently promoted. Had a few young guys out there starting: Antonio Flavio (22-FWD) ; Junior Dutra (21-MID) ; Cicinho (22-DEF) ; Cesinha (22-DEF). And the following came off the bench: Arthur Henrique (22-DEF) ; Ricardo Goulart (18-MID ; looked absolutely lightning fast) ; Dionísio (21-MID)

Luizinho is #4. He has been like that all season, always a menace, but lacks defensivly (Para's a bit better)

Thanks for the report, I was watching Nautico.

Guest Abdel Zizi

Too bad Goulart is getting well known, I was hoping to snap him up because he was unknown.

I would like to say again what a fine thread this is.

It really makes you feel a part of Brazilian soccer.

For some reason, Udinese have signed Alemao from Santos. Who find themselves laughing their _____ off. Seriously, the "wonderkid" had potential and I wish him the best, but he tanked so bad in Brazil, I can't see him doing that great in Série A.

Have been out with exams, so i couldnt keep up with the League :o

Mark, could you update me ?

How's Toloi been doing ? He's been one of my favorite Brazilian's in the ongoing season. Its quite rare to find good young CB's in Brazil.

btw, should I cash in on Mineiro's Renan (the 19 year old) or do you think he could rise further ?

Have been out with exams' date=' so i couldnt keep up with the League :o

Mark, could you update me ?

How's Toloi been doing ? He's been one of my favorite Brazilian's in the ongoing season. Its quite rare to find good young CB's in Brazil.

btw, should I cash in on Mineiro's Renan (the 19 year old) or do you think he could rise further ?[/quote']

Toloi has 4 starts out of 5. Well, technically, 4 starts out of 4, but he's missing tonight's game due to being sent off last week. He has a goal to his name and has been Goias' best player (with Felipe), nominated for the team of the week twice. He's one of my favourite Brazilians too, I'm actually watching Goias games this year :D

Renan Oliveira hasn't featured yet. He's been nagged by an injury, only has played once or twice in the Mineiro. I've been using him as PE to get other players, because he is still highly rated by the media. I don't like him though, for some odd reason. I just don't like his style.

Toloi has 4 starts out of 5. Well' date=' technically, 4 starts out of 4, but he's missing tonight's game due to being sent off last week. He has a goal to his name and has been Goias' best player (with Felipe), nominated for the team of the week twice. He's one of my favourite Brazilians too, I'm actually watching Goias games this year :D

Renan Oliveira hasn't featured yet. He's been nagged by an injury, only has played once or twice in the Mineiro. I've been using him as PE to get other players, because he is still highly rated by the media. I don't like him though, for some odd reason. I just don't like his style.[/quote']

Thanks for the help, Mark.

This thread is my only source of Brazilian football. Appreciated the huge effort you've put into this thread. It's like your baby. :P

btw, I remember you telling on one of your threads to keep an eye out for 20 year old Gremio youth Aloisio...heard he went out on loan, how's he been doing ?

Sport Recife are looking a team in complete disarray. 2-0 to Fla after 10. Good start for the new Sport manager.

Yea great start for that new manager..well Sport have equalised now in the space of 1 minute!!! :D I'm currently watching that game. Just having some trouble as always to recognise all those players.

Btw could you update me a bit on Aparecido ANDERSON SALLES. Thanks.

My mouth still won't close. Anyone else see the number Ciro put on Ronaldo Angelim to win that last free kick? Incredible.

I saw that but I didn't realise is was Ciro. :o Nice skill. Also, who the hell is this Weldon kid - he's on fire!! Great finish for the fourth. Has he scored all 4? I missed the first goal.

Yea great start for that new manager..well Sport have equalised now in the space of 1 minute!!! :D I'm currently watching that game. Just having some trouble as always to recognise all those players.

Btw could you update me a bit on Aparecido ANDERSON SALLES. Thanks.

So,what do you think of Ciro now? :P

It's FOUR - two. This is the reason I love Brazil :D Ciro may not have a goal, but he is BIG in this one.

I'll update Anderson Salles later. Bit busy atm.

So' date='what do you think of Ciro now? :P

It's FOUR - two. This is the reason I love Brazil :D Ciro may not have a goal, but he is BIG in this one.

I'll update Anderson Salles later. Bit busy atm.[/quote']

Well at the moment i'm just waiting for Ciro to score now!! :D

Great finish there by Weldon for that last one, what an overturn of the situation huh and its not even half time!!

Ciro's been awesome for the time i've been watching, yea no prob i'll wait for the update. Thanks.:)

I saw that but I didn't realise is was Ciro. :o Nice skill. Also' date=' who the hell is this Weldon kid - he's on fire!! Great finish for the fourth. Has he scored all 4? I missed the first goal.[/quote']

Nah Durval got the first

I saw that but I didn't realise is was Ciro. :o Nice skill. Also' date=' who the hell is this Weldon kid - he's on fire!! Great finish for the fourth. Has he scored all 4? I missed the first goal.[/quote']

28/85 CF who has come back from Japan I believe. Went to the money. Hasn't been that great. Exept today apparently.

I'm quickly losing faith in Welinton :(

Jeez..... I guess I picked the wrong game to watch...! What happened to FLA's defence...?

SP vs Avai is a snoozer...! Aside from Hernanes with a few flashes of brilliance, SP is asleep. Right now it's 20 shots for Avai vs 8 for SP !! Really question SP's tactics. Granted Washington hasn't been lighting it up yet, but to sub him off after only 5 minutes of the 2nd half is questionable.

On the +++ side there hasn't been one flop yet in the entire game. Has to be a first in the Brasileirao. That fact alone, makes this game somewhat worth watching... :)

I actually tuned in because I wanted to see the player that Insider has mentioned a few times, Muriqui. He hasn't disappointed. Is involved in everything in Avai's atttack. Not sure if is this all the time, but the entire offense has flowed through him.

Jeez..... I guess I picked the wrong game to watch...! What happened to FLA's defence...?

SP vs Avai is a snoozer...! Aside from Hernanes with a few flashes of brilliance' date=' SP is asleep. Right now it's 20 shots for Avai vs 8 for SP !! Really question SP's tactics. Granted Washington hasn't been lighting it up yet, but to sub him off after only 5 minutes of the 2nd half is questionable.

On the +++ side there hasn't been one flop yet in the entire game. Has to be a first in the Brasileirao. That fact alone, makes this game somewhat worth watching... :)

I actually tuned in because I wanted to see the player that Insider has mentioned a few times, Muriqui. He hasn't disappointed. Is involved in everything in Avai's atttack. Not sure if is this all the time, but the entire offense has flowed through him.

I'll be watching it later in English. I have a DVR, so I'll try to take my first good look at Avai. I don't care if it's a snoozer, still looking forward to it.

Thanks for the report, as always.

Hey Insider could u Pm me some times for some brazilian football because i want to start watching some' date=' EG what time and what channel ?[/quote']

http://www.justin.tv/tv_celeste Starting in 15 mins. One of the best games so far.

So, today is turning out to be a great day. 6 goals in 40 minutes. Finally got a few SMers to watch Ciro and he showed the same dancing and dazing runs that lead him to first catch my eye. That's going to help them believe me now.

And now, in 15 minutes, Cruzeiro x Internacional. Both teams expected to field their best team possible, and Bernardo is expected to play a role for Cruzeiro. Ahhh, joy :D