Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Insider

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

No' date=' it isn't possible. In fact, Inter's president already went on a long moaning rant about having to release Sandro during a key part of the season :D

Seeing as Sandro is not on the list and the mos solid U20 player in Brazil, that's what makes me doubt the validity of the list. Douglas Costa, Renan, Maylson, Dentinho, ...[/quote']

Corinthians is not releasing Boquita either the other two will go to the U-20 tournament.

Corinthians is not releasing Boquita either the other two will go to the U-20 tournament.

Do you have a link to that? From what the Inter article said, they didn't have a choice.

If they can refuse, then I doubt Toloi and Raul go as well.

Thank you for this post Insider. I have a few players shortlisted from a while ago' date=' I need help on who to get rid of. I am in a competitive setup, and all the better players are gone. I have a few, just wondering about these.

Victor of Vasco da Gama.

Leyrielton of Goias.

Jefferson of Palmeiras.

Rafael Moura of Athletico Paranaense.

Vanderlei of Cortiba.

Anderson Santana of Nautico.

Heverton of Gremio.

Eduardo of Botofago.

Gabriel of Athletico Paranaense.

Raphael Aguiar of Athletico Mineiro.

Alex Cazumba of Sao Paulo.

Werley of Athletico Mineiro.

Muriqui of Vitoria.

Mauricio of Palmeiras.

Madson of Santos.

Sorry for the long list, but I know little about these and I have been reading your posts, so I wouldn't be looking for information on Elias or Ciro or any high profile players. Thanks.

Edit. I have had Mauricio, I sold him to make funds, thats how he is on my shortlist. I have heard he is a superb defender. I will be buying him back.[/quote']

May I ask your opinion on these players please, Insider. I have signed Eduardo from that list and I have a healthy dose of Brazilian players for a Huddersfield team I have.

Leyrielton of Goias. (Not at Goias, now somewhere in the lower leagues)

Jefferson of Palmeiras. (Good backup)

Rafael Moura of Athletico Paranaense. (Started every match, hasn't played that well)

Vanderlei of Cortiba. (Great keeper, team is playing terrible)

Anderson Santana of Nautico. (Just came back from a 4month injury absence. 2 starts in a row)

Heverton of Gremio. (Hasn't been playing)

Eduardo of Botofago. (Exellent chance for a big rise)

Gabriel of Athletico Paranaense. (Just called up to the U20's)

Raphael Aguiar of Athletico Mineiro. (Hasn't been playing)

Alex Cazumba of Sao Paulo. (Now on loan, I believe at Toledo)

Werley of Athletico Mineiro. (Started 2, I missed both of those)

Muriqui of Vitoria. (Vitoria? Read my posts, he's the one with Avai that I've been raving about)

Mauricio of Palmeiras. (Which one?)

Madson of Santos. (Are you sure you have been reading my posts?)

Well for the Athlete it is a great thing. I believe he should indeed go' date=' specially since the Finals will be through, and in the Copa do Brasil Corinthians can't field in Jucilei since he played for J Malucelli. [b']But in the Brasileiro, with Jucilei, Boquita's absence will be minor[/b].

Tough to predict. This is August or September. Will they all be healthy? Will Elias still be in Brazil?

There are a ton of questions ;)

Leyrielton of Goias. (Not at Goias' date=' now somewhere in the lower leagues)

Jefferson of Palmeiras. (Good backup)

Rafael Moura of Athletico Paranaense. (Started every match, hasn't played that well)

Vanderlei of Cortiba. (Great keeper, team is playing terrible)

Anderson Santana of Nautico. (Just came back from a 4month injury absence. 2 starts in a row)

Heverton of Gremio. (Hasn't been playing)

Eduardo of Botofago. (Exellent chance for a big rise)

Gabriel of Athletico Paranaense. (Just called up to the U20's)

Raphael Aguiar of Athletico Mineiro. (Hasn't been playing)

Alex Cazumba of Sao Paulo. (Now on loan, I believe at Toledo)

Werley of Athletico Mineiro. (Started 2, I missed both of those)

Muriqui of Vitoria. (Vitoria? Read my posts, he's the one with Avai that I've been raving about)

Mauricio of Palmeiras. (Which one?)

Madson of Santos. (Are you sure you have been reading my posts?)[/quote']

Haha, yes I have. I also signed Muriqui, just had him shortlisted. 84 rated Mauricio is who I'm on about, I actually had him when he changed from 82, I am sure he is worth buying. I am just trying to cull my shortlist a little, and I try to see what games I can from Gol TV. Thank you for this magnificent thread. I am wondering do you know the correct position of Maicousel who is in Germany now, and how will he do against the competition? And about Madson, I take it I should take him off my shortlist.

Haha' date=' yes I have. I also signed Muriqui, just had him shortlisted. 84 rated Mauricio is who I'm on about, I actually had him when he changed from 82, I am sure he is worth buying. I am just trying to cull my shortlist a little, and I try to see what games I can from Gol TV. Thank you for this magnificent thread. I am wondering do you know the correct position of Maicousel who is in Germany now, and how will he do against the competition? And about Madson, I take it I should take him off my shortlist.[/quote']

Are you nuts? Madson is Santos's MVP!!!

Madson is possibly the best performer in the entire Brasileiro so far. Possibly.

Mauricio Ramos (the 84) is a starter for Palmeiras, but it's quite soon to tell. They have been leaky.

Maicosuel, when at Botafogo, was an AM/RM.

hi,

I am new to SM and I stumbled onto this thread and have been looking through it since earlier this evening just after I joined. From what I have been reading this is a great thread and i have decided to subscribe.

I didn't have time to read everything and don't know a great deal about the Brazilian league and dont get much time to watch matches. I do a few players and I was just wondering what will these players most likely be rated after the next rating change.

Anderson HERNANES CM 90

Andres D'ALLESANDRO AM/LM 90

Augusto THIAGO NEVES AM/LM 90

Chaves FRED CF 91

I desperately need to strengthen my team in the midfield and was thinking of buying FRED so all help will be great

also if there are better midfielders to buy would someone be able to mention two or three to me please.

Thanks.

Thiago Neves has only been a shadow of his old-self. Fred has been showing some hope, but for the most, he seems done. I'd give them both a -1.

D'Alessandro has been having injury troubles but has looked good when playing for an Inter side who have been easily best in Brazil. Should stay.

Hernanes was pushed into an attacking midfield role this season and hasn't adapted. Now that Marlos has arrived, I'm hoping he regains a DM spot, but he hasn't done enough yet to warrant a 90. -1 for now based on performance.

hi' date='

I am new to SM and I stumbled onto this thread and have been looking through it since earlier this evening just after I joined. From what I have been reading this is a great thread and i have decided to subscribe.

I didn't have time to read everything and don't know a great deal about the Brazilian league and dont get much time to watch matches. I do a few players and I was just wondering what will these players most likely be rated after the next rating change.

Anderson HERNANES CM 90

Andres D'ALLESANDRO AM/LM 90

Augusto THIAGO NEVES AM/LM 90

Chaves FRED CF 91

I desperately need to strengthen my team in the midfield and was thinking of buying FRED so all help will be great

also if there are better midfielders to buy would someone be able to mention two or three to me please.

Thanks.[/quote']

DON'T Buy Fred, it is throwing money away in my opinion. Best choices are D'ALLESANDRO and Thiago Neves.

Thiago Neves has only been a shadow of his old-self. Fred has been showing some hope' date=' but for the most, he seems done. I'd give them both a -1.

D'Alessandro has been having injury troubles but has looked good when playing for an Inter side who have been easily best in Brazil. Should stay.

Hernanes was pushed into an attacking midfield role this season and hasn't adapted. Now that Marlos has arrived, I'm hoping he regains a DM spot, but he hasn't done enough yet to warrant a 90. -1 for now based on performance.[/quote']

thanks

I was was hoping that Hernanes would be playing well:( heard he was the new Kaka from multiple sources(though thats probably very common in Brazil) would you be able to recommend 1 or 2 players who will hit 90 or 91.

plus good result for Brazil last night.

thanks

I was was hoping that Hernanes would be playing well:( heard he was the new Kaka from multiple sources(though thats probably very common in Brazil) would you be able to recommend 1 or 2 players who will hit 90 or 91.

Magrao/Guinazu to 89/90. Nilmar to 90. Miranda to 90. Cleiton Xavier is 90 quality but he's too far down to hit it now. Same for Madson. Kleber Pereira with a slight shot at 90. Kleber to 89/90.

thanks

In my opinion:

1- Nilmar (Internacional)

2- Kleber (Cruzeiro)

DON'T Buy Fred' date=' it is throwing money away in my opinion. Best choices are D'ALLESANDRO and Thiago Neves.[/quote']

thanks

I will definately buy D'Allesandro I know how good he can be from his time in Europe. very talented player who should have been with better team than the ones he was at like Wolfsburg(at the time).

Magrao/Guinazu to 89/90. Nilmar to 90. Miranda to 90. Cleiton Xavier is 90 quality but he's too far down to hit it now. Same for Madson. Kleber Pereira with a slight shot at 90. Kleber to 89/90.
In my opinion:

1- Nilmar (Internacional)

2- Kleber (Cruzeiro)

thanks

i will look into all these players and i also think i will definately buy Nilmar after he turned in a much improved performance in the second half against Paraguay last night. show glimpses of what he can do i think. is he capable of turning in even better performances on a consistant basis?