Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Insider

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Insider whats the go with Marllon from Forta? Was going to do a thread on him but then just stopped playing. Watched the Fotaleza v Juventude game and wasn't even on the bench. Is he injured suspended?

Cheers.

I don't think it has anything to do with an injury/suspension. If I'm not mistaken, Fortaleza have fired their manager, who was one who loved youth (Bismarck and Bambam were starters, Adailton and Marllon both subbed in constantly). The new manager doesn't seem to believe in that formula.

I might be mistaken though.

thanks

i will look into all these players and i also think i will definately buy Nilmar after he turned in a much improved performance in the second half against Paraguay last night. show glimpses of what he can do i think. is he capable of turning in even better performances on a consistant basis?

Nilmar yes, he had many injury problems tho and that will always worry me, he seems to be made of glass he breaks too often.

Insider' date='

Went through the database the other day and out of the 60 Brazilians currently rated 90+ in the world only 4 of them ply their trade in Brazil (Ceni, Kleber, Hernanes, and a three-goals-in-three-games resurgent Marcelinho). These four along with Argentinian D'Alessandro make up the only 90+ rated players in Brazil.

A few questions:

1. Do you think that any of the players listed above could see a rise in their ratings while staying in Brazil?
  2. Are there any other players that you think could get to 90+ in the near-term while playing in Brazil ? If so, which ones?
  3. Which players (e.g. Keirrison) are set to make a move to Europe this summer and have a very good chance of being 90+ within a year or two?

Thanks...

Very good questions.

1) Hernanes is the only one who could concievable increase while staying in Brazil. You are wrong about the 4 90+ though. It appears you forgot Fluminense' date=' with Thiago Neves and Fred.

2) Many of the Sao Paulo players if they wake up and play well in the Brasileiro, like Washington and Hugo. Diego Souza if Palmeiras pick up the pace. If Santos see a good season, I fully expect Kleber Pereira to get a rise. Juan at Flamengo. Tcheco and Souza at Gremio might get it if they pick up the pace. Heck, if Sport don't slow down, i don't see a reason why Paulo Baier couldn'T get it.

3) [b']Keirrison [/b]is the obvious one here. Hernanes and Jean. Cleiton Xavier, Lenny, Ciro. Diego Tardelli and Maicosuel, from what I've seen this season, could be longshots. Ramires is another main one, from Cruzeiro. Dentinho. Taison, Walter and the Internacional youngsters. Airton, Willians and the Fla youngsters. The rumours havn't really started up yet, they start up at the end of the campeonatos. The bolded ones I have seen rumours about Europe.

I know this was from a while back, but now that the season is a bit further in and you can get a feel for how teams are performing are you able to have a clearer picture of who might be in line for a rise to 90 in the next changes as well as an update on the rumours/transfers to europe? :o

Sorry it's quite a lot Insider,

Thanks

The whole Flamengo team were horrible today 5-0 to Coritiba :eek:

No. You are wrong there. I get the impression you didn't watch the game at all. Flamengo didn't play that badly. I thought Everton Silva had a great game' date=' and so did Toro. A few others played ok. The only brutal player was Bruno. No one was going to stop Coritiba tonight. Not only were they desperate to prove to their own fans that they were a team, but we saw a great performance at the back from #27, Cleiton, who wants a spot in the first team coming back from injury. We also saw a great performance from #28, Renatinho, arguably the man of the match, who wants more first team playing time and was the brightest star replacing Marcelinho.

I was predicting a 3-0 or 4-0 to Coritiba to be honest. Totally saw this coming.

Aye Insider what do you think of Leozinho and Bruno Batata (lol). Both scored for Coritiba today and both made their debut. Leozinho came from Icasa and not sure about Bruno potato. Bruno got a brace BTW.

Wrong again. Both have played matches before. Bruno is a very promising player, I was talking to Bourkey on MSN and told him when Bruno game on:"Keep an eye on Bruno, he was stellar in the Paranaense". Seconds later, he scored. Bruno was absolutly brilliant for J.Malucelli (Corinthians Paranaense) during the Campeonato and is on loan from them. Both Atletico and Coritiba, the two Paranaense giants, were fighting for his signature.

Leozinho's goal was all Renatinho's work to be honest. He was just at the exact spot the rebound went to.

I know this was from a while back' date=' but now that the season is a bit further in and you can get a feel for how teams are performing are you able to have a clearer picture of who might be in line for a rise to 90 in the next changes as well as an update on the rumours/transfers to europe? :o

Thanks[/quote']

I'm going to talk a bit about this week's games first, but remind me mid-week if I havn't answered this. I want to give detail :D

Guest Abdel Zizi

Keirrison scored today in Palmeira 3-1 win over Cruzeiro

I think someone got their groove back :D

Yeah, he scored twice.

Can't wait to see a vid of it.

Is their any players who have a chance at a big rise in the upcoming Brazilian rating changes.

I know you've pointed out Neymar and the such but is their any along the lines of Otamendi' date=' basically +10 risers.

Cheers mate.[/quote']

All the big ones have their own threads, linked from post #1.

Paulo Henrique, Toloi, Neymar, Boquita, Sandro Ranieri, Victor Ramos are amongst the main ones.

Nominees for the Team of the Round, Round 6

Gk:

Michel Alves - INT

Denis - SP

Felipe - COR

RB:

Bolivar - INT

R. Heffner - CFC

Wendel - PAL

CB:

Danny Morais - INT

Marcao - PAL

Rafael Santos - APR

Rafael Toloi - GOI

Thiego - GRE

Welton Felipe - AMG

LB:

Arthur - CSA

Eduardo - BOT

Junior - AMG

DM:

Cristian - COR

Diguinho - FLU

Joao Vitor - BAR

Hamilton - SPO

L. Domingues - VIT

Marcio Araujo - AMG

AM:

Batista - BOT

Conca - FLU

Marcelinho - CSA

Marcio Azevedo - APR

Renatinho - CFC

Souza - GRE

F:

Borges - SP

Bruno Batata - CFC

Diego Tardelli - AMG

Keirrison - PAL

Laio - BOT

Thiago Humberto - BAR

Best player:

Bruno Batata - CFC

Junior - AMG

Felipe - COR

With 3 clean sheets and with galo on top of the rankings' date=' why isn't Aranha on the List?

I mean ever since he joined the club no goals were scored in the 3 games he was still at Ponte Preta Galo took 5 goals, and no big change on the defenders took place...[/quote']

I know, he was on there last week though to be fair. I didn't watch the game, so I can't really comment on that. Busy with the CFC goalfest.

I know this was from a while back' date=' but now that the season is a bit further in and you can get a feel for how teams are performing are you able to have a clearer picture of who might be in line for a rise to 90 in the next changes as well as an update on the rumours/transfers to europe? :o

Thanks[/quote']

I'm going to talk a bit about this week's games first' date=' but remind me mid-week if I havn't answered this. I want to give detail :D[/quote']

Midweek reminder as asked for. I noticed your look at brazil thread in the player ratings section. very useful, you must spend so much time on threads and answering questions. I think i speak for everyone on SM forums when i say your doing a great job. so thanks :D

Insider,

Went through the database the other day and out of the 60 Brazilians currently rated 90+ in the world only 4 of them ply their trade in Brazil (Ceni, Kleber, Hernanes, and a three-goals-in-three-games resurgent Marcelinho). These four along with Argentinian D'Alessandro make up the only 90+ rated players in Brazil.

A few questions:

Do you think that any of the players listed above could see a rise in their ratings while staying in Brazil?

Are there any other players that you think could get to 90+ in the near-term while playing in Brazil ? If so, which ones?

Which players (e.g. Keirrison) are set to make a move to Europe this summer and have a very good chance of being 90+ within a year or two?

Thanks...

No, none of those players are looking good for rises. Nor Fred, Adriano, Thiago Neves or the other 90's. Near term 90s: Ibson, Kleber Pereira, Miranda, Andre Dias, Kleber (Cruzeiro), Nilmar, Fabio.

The transfer rumours.

Elias - Atletico Madrid

Keirrison - Atletico Madrid (A deal is close with Traffic for the pair if Forlan leaves)

Ciro - Panathinaikos, Lyon, Sporting, Shakhtar

Douglas Costa - Manchester United

Nilmar - Manchester United

Taison - Manchester United

Nilmar - Napoli

Kleber - Liverpool

Kleber - Napoli

Nilmar - Palermo

Gustavo - Vitoria Guimaraes

Marquinhos - Botafogo

Tiago Dutra - Villarreal

Pedro Ken - Flamengo

Felipe (Coritiba) - Undisclosed club in Portugal

Rodrigo Mancha - Santos

Hernanes - Chelsea

Keirrison - Man City

Keirrison - Liverpool

Andre Santos - Roma

Dentinho - Roma

Elias - Fiorentina

Ibson - CSKA

Ibson - Internacional

Ibson - Cruzeiro

Edcarlos - Club América

That's just a few.

Hey insider,

can you tell me about 17 year old Sao Paulo player

Emboaba Oscar.

Is he good?

What will he rise to?

Someone placed a bid on him and i want to outbid him so plz reply Asap.:)

I watched nacional v Palmeiras last night and I haveo say i was extremely disapointed in what I saw. The quality f football was average at best, both teams could not string together 3passes and it was a really poor match. I have seen Palmeiras a few times this season and I am sarting to wander what all the hype is with Keirrison. He was completely annoynmous last night in a game Palmeiras had to score at least to have any chnce of going through, he was missing-consistantly could not hold the ball up, his runs at least last night wre non-exsistant, no fight for the cause. Noboy can argue with hisscoring record but i am sceptical TBH, seen him play 5-6 times this season and failed to be impressed.

The one bright spot for Paleiras was Cleiton Xavier who played reasonably well good eye for a pass, all action midfielder, gave everything if his team mates showed half of his commitment Palmeiras would have won, they should have they are the better team but they are out.

Best player on the park by a long way IMO was Nicolas Lodeiro the Urugaryian midfielder showed some nice touches, decent dribbling skills and made intelligent runs, could be one to look out for in the future for sure and I hear big clubs such as Liverpool, barcelona are all monitoring him.

Wow! Saw on Globo Esporte that Villareal have confirmed their interest in Tiago Dutra. I honestly feel that he has more of a chance at Villarreal then Gremio ATM. There selling him to keep Souza which is pretty fair i guess. I guess this means that Tiago is pretty much certain to go to Villarreal. 1.2 Million for a player with only one professional game played is a massive risk but fair play to Villarreal as this 1.2 Mil can soon turn into 20 Mil.

Oscar is a very talented midfielder who won't rise in the forseeable future, because he's just 17 and doesn't play yet. It will come though. He's got some serious talent.

Tiago Dutra, I'm not sure what to think. I've only seen him once, and I only realised after the game that he was there. Completly anonymous. However, I hear all these great things. He's definatly be behind Altidore at Villarreal, he'll probably go out on loan to a Liga II side.

As for Palmeiras, I've been saying that their quality has gone down recently. The only player who is still quality week in, week out is Cleiton Xavier. You described it perfectly.

Hey insider what are your thoughts on Corinthians LB Andre Santos??

I used the search tool and couldn't really find much on him apologies if theirs an independant thread on him :o

But anyhoo I noticed that Roma are rumoured to be interested in him and he has taken up the starting position at LB for Brazil in their recent Confederations cup game against USA, Is this just a one off or his he a serious talent that could be pushing the 90's one day??