Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Insider

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Renan (Bota)

Leyrielton (Goias) - Leo (Gremio) - Thiago Heleno (Cruzeiro) - Alex (Sao Paulo)

Marquinhos (Palmeiras) - Douglas Costa (Gremio) - Maylson (Gremio)

Ciro (Sport) - Keirrison (Palmeiras) - Guilherme (Cruzeiro)

Hi Mark

Was looking through some of the earlier posts on the thread and noted that back in January that you had the above as your best U21 XI playing in Brazil. Seeing as we're now 6 months on & 8 games in to the new season, how different would your best XI look now?

Hey insider' date='

can you plz send me the link to your thread about brazilian risers..

Am not able to find it..

And btw what is population of brazil..

How the hell do you guys manage to get new young players each month..[/quote']

As of 2007 We have 183 million Inhabitants, and the City where I'm from, São Paulo has 19 Million inhabitants that's almost as much people as the entire Australia.

And let us remember that Soccer is the ONLY pro sport here. We started a Basketball league this year (NBB). Brazil has a lot of unexplored athletic potential which is wasted because too many kids just want to be soccer players. It's our nation's pride and joy nothing is more Brazilian than soccer. In fact although we have won way too many gold medals in Volleyball and beach volleyball, Volleyball is seen as a girl's game by us.

And to give out the reason to why Brazil soccer is so great and why Portugal and Spain's soccer is gradually growing in ability and dribbling to levels comparable to our soccer I give out one reason: Futsal.

Insider, if it wouldn't be too hard, could you give me some info about Trevizan Felipe and how he's doing atm? And also maybe some additional info about Lulinha (the fallen wonderkid) and Renan Oliveira (from Athletico) and Sandro Ranieri?

CLEITON

cleiton091208.jpg

Cleiton Solzbacher da Silva is not getting any younger. However' date=' after a long, long road, he finally looks like a top division player. The 27 year old caught the eye of Coritiba while playing for Toledo (who happen to be affiliated with Sao Paulo). The small Paranaense side happened to beat Coritiba 1-0 in the Campeonato, with the big Central Defender scoring the goal.

Other than that tidbit, his past is as obscure as any player on whom I have tried getting information. However, for a 27 year old, it's usually the present that counts. Since signing after the loss of Mauricio Ramos to Palmeiras in december, Cleiton has joined one of last season's biggest risers, Felipe, in Coritiba's backline. He has impressed so much that out of 18 Campeonato Paranaense, he has started.... 18. Out of 4 Copa matches... you guessed it, he has 4 starts.

From what I can tell, his deal is a loan deal with the option to make it permanent. Odds are that Coritiba will take the deal, as his maturity and solid defending has been key so far.

He was added a few weeks ago with the rating of 76.

[b']

Campeonato Paranaense Goals

[/b]

1. February 15, 2009 v Rio Branco - 0:43

2. March 22, 2009 v Nacional - 0:05

is he still playing regularly mate?purchased him with a GC team.i also got thiago sales cheap is he finally getting any games?

is he still playing regularly mate?purchased him with a GC team.i also got thiago sales cheap is he finally getting any games?

Cleiton was injured, but is now back in his starting spot. Played stellar in the 2-0 win to Sao Paulo this week.

Insider you post all that reports and youtube links and all through cellphone..

:o

Amazing

my fingers pain in writing just

hey whats up?

You got some packet speed i suppose..Freaking jealous..

I keep searching for one stuff it leads me to general search though i click the player rating

Anyways thanks.:)

Insider you post all that reports and youtube links and all through cellphone..

:o

Amazing

my fingers pain in writing just

hey whats up?

You got some packet speed i suppose..Freaking jealous..

I keep searching for one stuff it leads me to general search though i click the player rating

Anyways thanks.:)

Invest in an iPhone. They are awsome for browsing the net.

WILLIANS' date=' Domingos to 85 ?[/quote']

Hopefully. Deserves it.

thanks mate can you tell me if Douglas Costa will rise and by how many as he has recently be linked wid united

80 max. He hasn't been that great.

Team of the week nominees' date=' round 9[/center'] (Ratings below 80 bolded)

Gk - Douglas (SAN), Marcos (PAL), Viafara (VIT)

RB - Alessandro (COR), Carlos Alberto (AMG), Elder Granja (Spo)

CB - Fabao (SAN), Juninho (BOT), Marcel (CSA), Rafael Toloi (GOI), Rever (GRE), Welton Felipe (AMG)

LB - Armero (PAL), Fabio Santos (GRE), Marcio Azevedo (APR)

DM - Kleberson (FLA), Guinazu (INT), Leandro Donizete (CFC), Leandro Guerreiro (BOT), Leo Gago (AVA), Pierre (PAL)

AM - Ailton (NAU), Andrezinho (INT), Douglas (COR), Marcelinho (CFC), Paulo Henrique (SAN), Ze Roberto (FLA)

F - Felipe (GOI), Marcos Aurelio (CFC), Maxi Lopez (GRE), Nilmar (INT), Obina (FLA), Ronaldo (COR)

Overall - Maxi Lopez (GRE), Nilmar (INT), Ronaldo (COR)

I see that Ceni is back practicing with the team. That didn't take long (3 months for a broken ankle). Will be interesting to see if he gets back in the mix sometime soon and can help SP recoup from a disappointing start to the Brasileirao.

Although, the defense & goalkeeping isn't necessarily what's wrong w the team...

I like the format Carlos uses. Here goes something that looks more like it.

Palmeiras 4 - 1 Nautico

Palmeiras:

Marcos

Wendel - Mauricio Ramos (Marcao) - Danilo - Armero

Souza (Jumar) - Pierre

Cleiton Xavier - Diego Souza

Willians - Armero

Nautico:

Eduardo

Douglas Maia - Vagner - Gladstone - Galiardo - Anderson Santana (Marcio Barros)

Nilson - Dudu (Juliano)

Ailton (Kuki)

Carlinhos Bala - Gilmar

Only one team showed up. The pitch was a mess because of heavy, heavy rain, and the Palmeiras midfield took advantage of it.

Best Players:

Palmeiras:

Armero - Had the best game I've seen so far. Scored a great goal -with a great celebration dance- and was dangerous down the left all game.

Souza/Pierre - Dominated the midfield. Too bad Souza finished the first half in an ambulance, he was really looking good.

Nautico:

Anderson Santana - Dominated the left side for much of the first half, winning a duel with Wendel. The only Nautico player who wanted to move forward.

Worst Players:

Palmeiras:

Wendel - Horrible, all his touches were bad, including the one that ended behind Marcos for the Nautico goal. Figueroa can't be ready fast enough.

Cleiton Xavier - Only one assist. Not his best game :D

Nautico:

Galiardo - "Like Cristiano Ronaldo, without the skill". Thanks, GolTV.

Carlinhos Bala - Still hasn't figured out that you can't play on the ground in mud.

RE: Palmeiras 4 X 1 Nautico

I didn't think you could draw much of anything from the game other than Nautico shouldn't be playing First division football and that their current team has zero heart. ZERO heart. I feel badly for that manager...he deserves a better team. Hopefully they bring in some more players...

The only thing special about Armero's goal was that he crushed it... But quite frankly he had zero defenders on him and it wasn't like Eduardo (or either keeper) was going to save anything due to immobility playing in that slop.

I think I have seen just about every Palmeiras game this year and the guy I always expect more out of is Diego Souza. Sure he had an assist yesterday (10ft from the goal with no-one on him), but he never seems to play up to his 89-rating. At least not this year.

RE: Palmeiras 4 X 1 Nautico

I didn't think you could draw much of anything from the game other than Nautico shouldn't be playing First division football and that their current team has zero heart. ZERO heart. I feel badly for that manager...he deserves a better team. Hopefully they bring in some more players...

The only thing special about Armero's goal was that he crushed it... But quite frankly he had zero defenders on him and it wasn't like Eduardo (or either keeper) was going to save anything due to immobility playing in that slop.

I think I have seen just about every Palmeiras game this year and the guy I always expect more out of is Diego Souza. Sure he had an assist yesterday (10ft from the goal with no-one on him)' date=' but he never seems to play up to his 89-rating. At least not this year.[/quote']

Agree. Armero's goal went top corner though, well placed. And he was good all game. Did you see the dance? :)

Nautico, to be fair, play a running game, more then any other team. Those conditions REALLY didn't fit them.

I've just about given up on Diego Souza...

Agree. Armero's goal went top corner though' date=' well placed. And he was good all game. Did you see the dance? :)

Nautico, to be fair, play a running game, more then any other team. Those conditions REALLY didn't fit them.

I've just about given up on Diego Souza...[/quote']

Ha! Are you kidding me...that dance was THE HIGHLIGHT of the match!! :)

Good point on Nautico and their style. That said, still no excuse for their lack of heart. They gave up @ 2-0.

Given the hype around Diego Souza, if he were a stock I'd short him ALL DAY LONG. I knew he was an absolute short after his selfish & foolish hijinx vs Santos. Guy like that would never make it in Europe more than a season (e.g. Thiago Neves)