Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Insider

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Ha! Are you kidding me...that dance was THE HIGHLIGHT of the match!! :)

Given the hype around Diego Souza' date=' if he were a stock I'd short him ALL DAY LONG. I knew he was an absolute short after his foolish hijinx vs Santos. Guy like that would never make it in Europe more than a season (e.g. Thiago Neves)

Yep. That video is on this thead somewhere already ;)

Diego Souza is a fan's favorite in Palmeiras. Short of Marcos and Cleiton Xavier, Palmeiras needs this violent kind of player being an Italian-descendant's team :-)

Palmeiras supporters hated Keirrisson, they hate Fabinho Capixaba, hate Marquinhos (they even sing: "Ah que bom seria se o Marquinhos voltasse pra Bahia" which translates to "How good it would be if Marquinhos went back to Bahia") they enjoy his kind of rough soccer that Diego Souza plays calling everyone names and unsettling the rivals.

I was looking on internet and came accross Marcos Rocha. He is a 20 year old defender who plays for Athletico Mineiro and has 5 appearances so far this season. But I can't find him on the database. Does anyone know anything about him and is he likely to be a riser.

Cheers

Question on SPFC's financial health :

Does anyone have any insight into what is going on with Sao Paulo from a financial perspective? I have read bits and pieces over the past year on how they were in debt. Their response last fall was to seriously cut back on their youth programs. Am now reading that they will have to sell a number of players to help them raise funds.

Is this a Valencia situation? (i.e. drastically over-leveraged in debt and absolutely forced to sell their biggest assets)

Does anyone have any insight into this...? Thx.

2 more down today.... How many managerial changes does that make so far ? (Brazil is making the EPL look stable)

The EPL *IS* stable it is rare fr a Brazilian Manager to start and finish a season in the same team in fact only the manager who is being champion does that here the guy who finishes second on a team wich is fighting for the title gets fired.

I mean the guy who is managing Everton for the past 7 years wouldn't last a week in a Brazilian team with his low win percentage and lack of results

What do you know about Werley' date=' is he in for a rise, i see that he has started 7 games this season for Mineiro? ;)[/quote']

Yeah, he has. He's a starter now that Leandro is gone, definate riser. Feel free to post on him if you'd like. I don't have time to.

Yeah' date=' he has. He's a starter now that Leandro is gone, definate riser. Feel free to post on him if you'd like. I don't have time to.[/quote']

I would start a thread on him but i dont really follow that much Brazilian football, just like to keep up to date every now and then. Thanks for offer though and it would still be a good idea if anyone else wanted to make one. I dont mind either ;)

First game of the Venezualan U20 Preparantion tournament

BRAZIL U20 3 - 1 PARAGUAY U20

Rafael - RAUL (Douglas) - Renato (Juan) - RAFAEL TOLOI (SAIMON) - Bruno - Renan - Anselmo (TINGA) - BOQUITA - Gabriel Pimba (Wellington Junior) - TALLES CUNHA (Roberson) - CIRO

Goals: Ciro, Ciro, Ciro

First game of the Venezualan U20 Preparantion tournament

BRAZIL U20 3 - 1 PARAGUAY U20

Rafael - RAUL (Douglas) - Renato (Juan) - RAFAEL TOLOI (SAIMON) - Bruno - Renan - Anselmo (TINGA) - BOQUITA - Gabriel Pimba (Wellington Junior) - TALLES CUNHA (Roberson) - CIRO

Goals: Ciro' date=' Ciro, Ciro[/quote']

Oh fantatic, I haven't understood Ciro's predicament at Recife for a while now, but it's good to see that he's starting for Brazil's U20s.

Nice to see that Rafa Toloi's impressed suffieciently too! :D

Oh fantatic' date=' I haven't understood Ciro's predicament at Recife for a while now, but it's good to see that he's starting for Brazil's U20s.

Nice to see that Rafa Toloi's impressed suffieciently too! :D[/quote']

Ciro has been doing fine at Recife. He's playing really well, just changed styles a bit. He isn't the main goal scorer anymore, he's playing a Fwd/Wing role, and sees more of the ball then anyone, since Paulo Baier has left.

I must say, it's Rafael Toloi who has impressed me most this season. A breakthrough on the National and International scene. It's just perfect that he comes from the state of Goias! I couldn't have seen him making such an impact in any club's first team from Minas Gerais or Rio.

World Cup 2014? ;)

BRAZIL U20 6 - 1 VENEZUELA U20 A

Rafael (Agenor) - RAUL (Douglas) - RAFAEL TOLOI (SAIMON) - Renato (Juan) - Bruno (Diogo) - Renan - Anselmo (TINGA) - BOQUITA (Wellington Junior) - Gabriel Pimba - Alan (Roberson) - Talles Cunha

Goals: Alan, Gabriel Pimba, Roberson, Talles Cunha, TINGA, Wellington Junior

Del Valle scored for Venezuela

Guest BrandonBurrows

I'm sure this has already been asked but I don't remember seeing an answer; when are the brazilian ratings changed?

It was done this way so that when they come about, the Changes are more updated. It will be nothing but beneficial for the likes of Neymar, Toloi and Zezinho who can get more games under their belt! :P

After the summer changes.

:)

if its after the 3rd of august ill be happy. it would allow all of my argentinians risers TB to be over and i could sell some of the less better ones and buy more brazilian risers

i heard a player cap is being introduced. what will be the maximum a team can have

Great win for Goias at Mineiro' date=' closes up the table nicely. Looks like it was a cracking Sport Nautico derby too. Good to see Guto getting a start with Ciro away.[/quote']

Guto has started the past few games. Scored today. Good to see Souza back. I'll post thoughts on that game when I get a minute to watch it.

For now, Cruzeiro - Flu!

Guto has started the past few games. Scored today. Good to see Souza back. I'll post thoughts on that game when I get a minute to watch it.

For now' date=' Cruzeiro - Flu![/quote']

Bound to be a draw, seeing as both of them really do need the win.

Gonna try to find a feed for GB-SP game. Haven't seen Gremio Barueri play before & they seem to be, along with Vitoria, the surprise packages this season so far.