Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Insider

Re: Guide to the 2009 Brazilian season

Yesterday:

Ciro (80): Played 45 mins in a 1-1 draw with Coritiba. Didn't play badly, but still just got rated 4.0.

Renatinho (78): Will just get credit for 45 mins, but he played 70 mins. Is the only player who was only on the pitch for his team's goal. Rated 5.5, 2nd on Coritiba.

Souza (84): Played 90 in a 4-0 thumping of Goias. Rated 7.0, 4th on Palmeiras. Got an assist.

Rafael Toloi (84): Sent off after 80 minutes, was only on for 2 goals of the 4. Rated 4.0.

Douglas (77): Subbed in, played the end of the game. Rated 5.5, 3rd on Goias.

Dalton (75): Played the 90 in a 2-1 shocker over Atletico Mineiro. Rated 6.5, 3rd on Fluminense.

Werley (82): Played the 90, rated 5.0.

Sport TV's team of the round:

Bruno; Gilberto, Juninho, Miranda, Jonathan; Fabiano, Willians, Tcheco, Junior Dutra; Obina, Val Baiano.

Globoesporte's team of the round:

Bruno; Armero, Leandro Castan, Daniel Marques, Nei; Souza, Gilberto, Ewerton, Diego Souza; Obina, Thiago Humberto

UOL Esporte's team of the round nominees:

Gk:

Bosco

Edson Bastos

Jefferson

RB:

Figueroa

Jonathan

Mariano

CB:

Andre Dias

Chicao

Durval

Juninho

Marcao

Rever

LB:

Armero

Bruno Costa

Dutra

DM:

Adilson

Correa

Ewerton

Fabricio

Jucilei

Junior Dutra (?)

AM:

Conca

Defederico

Diego Souza

Gilberto

Paulo Henrique

Thiago Humberto

F:

Fred

Maxi Lopez

Obina

Thiago Ribeiro

Val Baiano

Washington

MSF who would you consider to be a better buy' date=' Calixto RENATINHO or Vieira de Souza BERNARDO? What do you predict they will rise to in the next brazilian rating changes?[/quote']

Short term, Renatinho, long term Benno.

Renatinho - 81/82

Bernardo - 79.

Bernardo is much more likely to make it in Europe. But you are asking about Renatinho' date=' the player in my display pic, who is probably my favourite player to watch.[/quote']

That's all good and fine MsF, but the BIG question is "Who are you rooting for in the BRA X SWI U-17 match that is going on right now ?!!?" don't you dare say Brazil! :D

(Leaving the office now for the start of an early weekend... going to catch the second half and then maybe some Bundesliga)

And how about that PAL X GOIAS match last night. Hellooooo Obina and a welcome back to you Rafael Tolói

That's all good and fine MsF' date=' but the BIG question is "Who are you rooting for in the BRA X SWI U-17 match that is going on right now ?!!?" don't you dare say Brazil! :D

(Leaving the office now for the start of an early weekend... going to catch the second half and then maybe some Bundesliga)

And how about that PAL X GOIAS match last night. Hellooooo [b']Obina[/b] and a welcome back to you Rafael Tolói

Toloi played well... Palmeiras scored two of the 4 in the 10 minutes that Toloi didn't play. I told tom at the half that I was anticipating a Toloi Red :P

Come on SWITZERLAND! :D

I really don't rate Coutinho, to be honest, and he's getting so much possession and doing so little with it. Neymar and Zezinho should be more involved.

Expected to start TODAY:

• Xandao (BAR)
  • Willians (FLA)
  • Felipe Azevedo (SAN)
  • Madson (SAN)
  • Paulo Henrique (SAN)
  • Alex Sandro (APR)
  • Ronaldo (APR)
  • Manoel (APR)

Expected to start TOMORROW:

• Souza (PAL)
  • Elias (COR)
  • Sandro (INT)
  • Victor Simoes (BOT)
  • Werley (AMG)
  • Junior Dutra (STA)
  • Marcio (NAU)
  • Diego Renan (CRU)
  • Dalton (FLU)

Hi MSF i was wondering when will are the rating changes going to be done for Brazil' date=' as i have read that they are going to go through Main leagues again before the Summer rating changes, so are they?

Thanks[/quote']

Havn't got a clue.

should i consider selling him then? or will he be a regular when he returns from injury.

No. I think he gets sold. Inter have Taison, Alecsandro, Marquinhos, Edu, Alan Kardec, Bolanos, Tales, Talles Cunha, Leo and him up front... that's a lot of competition. I think Taison, Walter and maybe Alecsandro get sold.

Then there's the outside possibility of Bambam and Felipinho, the younger ones.

Wooow, Petkovic is a classless jerk.

Here are the highs and lows of last night:

Willians (85) played the 90 in a 1-0 win over Santos. Rated 6.5, 3rd best on Flamengo.

Welinton (80) subbed into the game and was rated 5.0,

Eli Sabia (82) played the 90 in the loss. Rated 3.5

Felipe Azevedo (72) subbed in and played the second half, rated 5.5, 2nd best on Santos.

Paulo Henrique (85) played the whole game, missing two penalties. Rated 3.5.

Madson (86) subbed in and was rated 5.0.

Xandao (82) was subbed out in a 1-0 loss to Sao Paulo, rated 6.5, 2nd best on Barueri.

Manoel (77) played the 90 in a 2-0 loss to Avai. He was rated 4.0, 8th on Atletico.

Ronaldo (74) also played 90, also 4.0.

Alex Sandro (72) also played 90, he was rated 5.0, 3rd on Atletico.

Raul (80) subbed in and was rated 4.5.

Bismarck (--) started and scored the go-ahead goal for Fortaleza in a 1-1 draw with Vasco da Gama. Havn't heard from him in a while, have ya?

Wooow' date=' Petkovic is a classless jerk.[/quote']

Can't say that I've seen that before! You picked the perfect word... "Classless".

Bismarck (--) started and scored the go-ahead goal for Fortaleza in a 1-1 draw with Vasco da Gama. Havn't heard from him in a while' date=' have ya?[/quote']

Yeah. Almost as rare as the Saimon sighting last week...

I can buy Gonçalves MARQUINHOS of Palmerias for £5.5 million from unmanaged team. Should I do it? I dont no much about him' date=' tried searching on forum but no help.[/quote']

He was awesome last year for Vitoria. Not so much this year. Still has potential, but needs to move to exploit that, or to get a new chance.