offer rejected from an unmanaged team?

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

In GC7 I made an offer for a player from an unmanaged team, they have 26+ players and it got rejected, it wasn't the last GK, I have never seen this before, has something changed? David

PS> Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I couldn't find anything on it, plus it's very early here :P

Re: offer rejected from an unmanaged team?

In GC7 I made an offer for a player from an unmanaged team' date=' they have 26+ players and it got rejected, it wasn't the last GK, I have never seen this before, has something changed? David

PS> Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I couldn't find anything on it, plus it's very early here :P[/quote']

Several things like the players rating going up or a different player in the same position being sold so the chairman's value increases.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

This happened to me in GC 33 as well. I bid for a player fom an unmanaged club and it got rejected. The bid was above the chairmans value but yet it was rejected. But a made a new bid ( a bit higher) and it got accepted and the transfer got completed. ;):)

I just looked at the player after writing my thread and his value had increased by 50,000 :P, he's just a boy :) so I put in another higher bid and hopefully it will go through, thanks again to all who replied. By the way, is it just happening to me or what!:confused: Recently when I trawl the leagues for young players (because all the good ones are gone :) ) I find a decent looking player and make a bid, within hours there are 3/4 sometimes more bids for this player, who is usually young and playing in a lower obscure team. I got to thinking that managers were tapping in to my "finds", I spend hours on search and things looking for young talent and as soon as I make a bid...WHAM, there are 3/4 bids for him, and I'm not talking about the well known young stars mentioned on the forum, talking about skinny little guys I drag from the poorer leagues, it's been happening a lot recently and was just wondering if it's common or just me :) . david

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

Hi again, just made a bid for Victor Manuel, from Swansea in GC4, he's 34, rated 87 and valued around 2 million, I put in a bid for him, (not really wanting him) just to see if anyone else came in for him, well lo and behold there was TWO offers for him and he has just been bought for 8million pounds. Maybe I'm just paranoid but Swansea have been unmanaged for a while now and as soon as I make a bid, WHAM, others follow suit, apart from actually looking at the players profile, is there any other way they know a player has been bidded on? It's getting annoying now :) . David.

Hi again' date=' just made a bid for Victor Manuel, from Swansea in GC4, he's 34, rated 87 and valued around 2 million, I put in a bid for him, (not really wanting him) just to see if anyone else came in for him, well lo and behold there was TWO offers for him and he has just been bought for 8million pounds. Maybe I'm just paranoid but Swansea have been unmanaged for a while now and as soon as I make a bid, WHAM, others follow suit, apart from actually looking at the players profile, is there any other way they know a player has been bidded on? It's getting annoying now :) . David.[/quote']

I think someone else had this problem too

I'm not sure though, I will look to see if there is a thread on this for you :)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

I think someone else had this problem too

I'm not sure though' date=' I will look to see if there is a thread on this for you :)[/quote']

Thanks Daragh, sorry to be a moan, I know managers are entitled to go after who they like but it seems that they are just waiting for guys like me, who put the time and effort into trying to find "little gems" :) then outbid me, I go after older or younger players because I have a lot of lower teams with very little cash, which I enjoy, but it irks me to think I'm putting in the spade work and then someone comes along and snaps him up :mad: gonna get a coffee and calm down :D:)

Thanks Daragh' date=' sorry to be a moan, I know managers are entitled to go after who they like but it seems that they are just waiting for guys like me, who put the time and effort into trying to find "little gems" :) then outbid me, I go after older or younger players because I have a lot of lower teams with very little cash, which I enjoy, but it irks me to think I'm putting in the spade work and then someone comes along and snaps him up :mad: gonna get a coffee and calm down :D:)[/quote']

lol a nice cup of tea always calms me down :P:D

Sorry mate I just can't find it anywhere :( I'm sure I saw a thread on this before though, or maybe I'm just seeing things :D

I've looked everywhere :( I'll keep on looking though :)

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

lol a nice cup of tea always calms me down :P:D

Sorry mate I just can't find it anywhere :( I'm sure I saw a thread on this before though' date=' or maybe I'm just seeing things :D

I've looked everywhere :( I'll keep on looking though :)[/quote']

With a drop of good ol' whisky in it to brighten up the morning :D:)

Hi again' date=' just made a bid for Victor Manuel, from Swansea in GC4, he's 34, rated 87 and valued around 2 million, I put in a bid for him, (not really wanting him) just to see if anyone else came in for him, well lo and behold there was TWO offers for him and he has just been bought for 8million pounds. Maybe I'm just paranoid but Swansea have been unmanaged for a while now and as soon as I make a bid, WHAM, others follow suit, apart from actually looking at the players profile, is there any other way they know a player has been bidded on? It's getting annoying now :) . David.[/quote']

Yes there is and its a way I use because its quicker - if I'm looking for a player particulary in a Gold Setup I go to the search player bit in transfers and have a look at whos already got bids in on them, check the player out to see if they are at an unmanaged side, then check the unmanaged team out to make sure they have more than 18 players.

Its much quicker than randomley checking all unmanaged sides for size of squad and players - I pay more for players but its easier than spending 5 hours online looking through every setup trying to pick out players, when someone else has already done that for you.

Guest ExiledScotInTheUSA

FOUND IT!!!! :D

You posted on it :D

After reading through it first' date=' I don't think there is much you can do :(

But hey you should take it as a complement because they must think your a great manager to go after all the players your interested in :o:P:D

http://forum.soccermanager.com/showthread.php?t=31204&highlight=annoying

Lol, great find, I read what I said and the point I was making then that of course other managers will make a bid on players you are after but I have been delving into really unknown teams and players and as soon as I bid, bang there are two or three offers within hours of my bid, looking at what SOP said, I guess it's fair game I suppose but I just get a bit angry when it seems that I've found a little nugget in the lower leagues then BAM, others move in, oh well, worse things happen at sea :D David.

Archived