Kensational

Re: City to sign Kaka?

You all doubted it

But Kaka is joining for manchester city

I seriously cannot belive it!

KAKA :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D: D

Mate i wouldnt be so proud your team could be siging Kaka

MONEY is the only reason he would want to join City

he wants to pla Champions league football and your not going to get into the top 4 . ur out of carling cup and FA.Cup and u got knocked out by brighton and Nottinghm Forest.

That dosent send a message to me that kaka wants to join cuz ur a brilliant club. ur a good club and 1 to look out for in maybe 5 years. but dont take this is a hard way . your not goin anywhere atm except from the championship if u keep playing like you are

More realistic would be if they signed Nigel de Jong' date=' who they are in talks with. Any thoughts on this possible deal?[/quote']

Its reportedly 15 mill ain't it..

I think they need defenders... I know they may be in discussions with players behind the scenees, but before they get MF's or F's they do need a defence...

Mate i wouldnt be so proud your team could be siging Kaka

MONEY is the only reason he would want to join City

he wants to pla Champions league football and your not going to get into the top 4 . ur out of carling cup and FA.Cup and u got knocked out by brighton and Nottinghm Forest.

That dosent send a message to me that kaka wants to join cuz ur a brilliant club. ur a good club and 1 to look out for in maybe 5 years. but dont take this is a hard way . your not goin anywhere atm except from the championship if u keep playing like you are

I think if Kaka moves, it will be because he wants to play in the Prem and because Milan want to sell him, not because of greed. That isn't to say because he is a honourable soul that he wont be enticed by money but I am as sure as a man can reasonably be in this situation that it wont be the decisive factor.

As for the wage, who cares? No-one seemed too bothered when Lampard and Terry were getting £135,000 a week (a figure in that region anyway and I'm not having a go at Chelsea, just picked two names). Wages have went 'too far' too many times for me to care. Footballer's wages have been obscene for about a decade- don't all come out now in a wave of righteous indignation. Besides, City will be repaid handsomely in the certain marketing windfall and the likely up turn in the club's fortunes.

My only gripe is how they spend the money, not the amount. If the were to take the £500,000 a week over a likely 4 years and add it to the £107m fee, you'd have £207m. Why don't Chelsea spend that on a scheme to invent a player with hundreds of legs or maybe an amalgam of Pele, Maradona, Cruyff and Beckenbaur. I mean, where is the imagination these days!?!?!? For less money I reckon they could steal one of Kaka's hairs, clone him and then accelerate his growth somehow. Therein lies the problem with football- not greed but an inablity to dream...

Bob' date='

please do not tell me you compared Terrys 135 k a week to kakas reported 300k after tax wage.

There is a huge difference.[/quote']

It is the same concept. Why is it acceptable that one man earns 135 k a week but when one man is on 300k it's suddenly a case of 'It's going to kill football!'? I'm not stupid enough not to acknowledge a difference but Terry's wage is just the same 'crime' but to a lesser degree.

I think if City offer 500k a week it dould be a good thing. 100k a week is stupid but just about permissable. 500k will make people take notice. It is all over the news in a way that the details of a contract have never been before. I think this kind of deal could be the thing that leads to the reintroduction of a salary cap.

It has to go full circle and things are about to reach the pinnacle of their 'obscenity' to use the objector's venacular. I think that soon MPs will take notice and that is when things could start to happen. It's a long shot, but I can't see things continuing along their current path.

NO ONE can afford 300 k.

The week football went mad: Astonishing wealth of Man City's new owner Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Owners rakes in $500m a day if oil rises $1 a barrel Abramovich's wealth will look like chicken feed

This is the trillion-dollar man behind the mega-rich Arabs promising to build a global super-team at Manchester City.

Sheikh Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan is the brother of the ruler of Abu Dhabi' date=' the biggest of the United Arab Emirates.

Within an estimated family fortune of $1trillion (£555billion) he is set to make the £11.7billion spending power of Chelsea's Russian owner Roman Abramovich look like chicken feed.

The club's new owners are set to bankroll a mind-boggling £540million spending spree .

And we can reveal the staggering wealth of the tycoon behind the group whose sensational developments threaten to turn football on its head.

His mega-deep coffers have been boosted by the surge in oil prices - for it is said every time the price of a barrel goes up a dollar, Abu Dhabi makes another $500million a day.

The Sheikh has spent £210million buying a 90 per cent stake in Manchester City - fired into action by the intense rivalry Abu Dhabi has with its smaller yet even more successful Emirate neighbour Dubai.

In a similar competitive move into the sporting world, Abu Dhabi splashed out £91million for a five per cent stake in Ferrari three years ago in the hope Formula One will give it a Grand Prix.

And the Emirate has also bought one of New York's best-known skyscrapers, the Chrysler Building, for Û800million last year.

Now Sheikh Mansour plans to take City to dizzy heights and put even mighty Manchester United in the shade by turning his new plaything into the biggest club on the planet.

Other big-money transfer targets are thought to include Liverpool's Fernando Torres and Arsenal's Cesc Febregas.

Former Arsenal legend Thierry Henry and Valencia's goal-getting Spanish Euro 2006 striker David Villa are also believed to be on City's shopping list. It follows the stunning £33million transfer-deadline signing of Real Madrid's Brazilian superstar forward Robinho from under the noses of high-rollers Chelsea.

But a deal to lure Ronaldo from arch rivals Manchester United in the next transfer window would prove the biggest scalp - despite his wish to move to Spain.

Dr Sulaiman al-Fahim, frontman of the Abu Dhabi United Group, said: "Ronaldo has said he wants to play for the biggest club in the world, so we will see in January if he is serious. Real Madrid were estimating his value at Û160m but to actually get him, will cost a lot more. But why not? We are going to be the biggest club in the world, bigger than both Real Madrid and Manchester United."

The deal could spark a wave of similar takeovers by oil-rich foreign backers. Financial advisor Amanda Stavely, who brokered the Abu Dhabi deal, explained why the Middle East consortium were keen.

"The Premier League without doubt as a sporting brand is a great opportunity," she said. "We should be very proud of British football. "Any outside or foreign investor can only be excited to get involved in a world-class league. Manchester City sells itself."

The Abu Dhabi United Group is among of a new breed of investors known as sovereign wealth funds.

These off-shoots of governments, mainly from the Middle East, have grown massively wealthy on the back of soaring oil prices. And with oil rising from 23 a barrel in 2002 to $147 this year, they are running out of things to buy at home.

[/color']

May not get some of the other players mentioned but i wouldnt go as far as saying No one can afford 300k ,these guys can 100 times over :D:)

In my opinion, football is losing the value it once had... I mean what has happened to the 'melancholiness' of it all? What happened to the teams that work like hell to get somewhere? It has all been destroyed ever since Roman Abramovich started his headquarters of gluttony at the Bridge.

£500,000 pounds per week? I would only ever consider giving that to someone who has a microchip inserted in his brain which makes him play incredible football, score great goals and never get injured. What type of complete idiot would pay that much?

The way things are going, you think the football craze is going to inevitably die out, but I believe it will just keep going and going because it will be 'funded' by the new generations who are born and bred with all this £500,000 pounds per week extravaganza as we grew up with £100,000 pounds a week extravaganza... I may be being a tad hypocrital to the first sentence I said, however if you truly think about it, just think back to what you think it was like before and say to yourself: 'Did football ever have value? When did being a team and working hard to get somewhere go extinct? When did enjoying the game without having to waste tons of money just to keep up with it go extinct? When did players stop playing football because they love it? Maybe these things never really started...

Sorry I'm just confusing myself and probably you with all this random philosophising :D Anyways I reject the notion of the title of this thread :P

I looked on the Forbes rich list and seen that they were worth about 23 billion. But afterwards I seen that the QPR owners were worth nearly that much. QPR are not mentioned that much, although they are not after players of the calibre that Man City are after. They are keeping a low profile.

Man City have no problems scoring goals. When I build a team on SM, I start from the back up to midfield and then up front. That money could be used at the back as you all know. I am sure De Jong would be a great signing, but looking at Sky Sports News, the Man City fans are so happy, the same fans who have chanted at Chelsea and going back, Blackburn, about money buying you the league. They have stars in their eyes now.

Anyways I reject the notion of the title of this thread :P

Yep should have said " Oil to sign Kaka ",

Then if they by the best and win the prem we can all go out and get sloshed but know that we will be "oil right " once were sober .

We can all say to ourselves "oil still support my team "

And after reading the corny remarks above " oil think you will forgive me and oil be back to normal with next thread .:P;):)

Yep should have said " Oil to sign Kaka "' date='

Then if they by the best and win the prem we can all go out and get sloshed but know that we will be "oil right " once were sober .

We can all say to ourselves "[b']oil still support my team[/b] "

And after reading the corny remarks above " oil think you will forgive me and oil be back to normal with next thread .:P;):)

I think it's best to start supporting teams from the conference, whose players are affected by the recession... That way we can relate to them.

Bristol_Rovers.jpg

Rumour has it that Bristol Rovers may have kept quiet and already been taken over by overseas financiers .

Apparently this is just paper talk and gossip , but no truth as yet in the rumour :D

its a supposed syndicate from Somali who have gone into the Oil Buisness theirselves :rolleyes: ,ask why Bristol Rovers the head of the syndicate said

"We loved their nickname ";) :D:)

Bristol_Rovers.jpg

Rumour has it that Bristol Rovers may have kept quiet and already been taken over by overseas financiers .

Apparently this is just paper talk and gossip ' date=' but no truth as yet in the rumour :D

its a supposed syndicate from Somali who have gone into the Oil Buisness theirselves :rolleyes: ,ask why Bristol Rovers the head of the syndicate said

"We loved their nickname ";) :D:)[/quote']

Fair enough if you have these 'overseas financers' taking over teams such as Manchester City, however the fact that they have gone for Bristol Rovers just show how aware and up to date they are when it concerns prospectful football teams...

Soon, the Sheikh will have his own plethora of giant teams, all of which he will use as mere playtoys...

Yep should have said " Oil to sign Kaka "' date='

We can all say to ourselves "oil still support my team "

And after reading the corny remarks above " oil think you will forgive me and oil be back to normal with next thread .:P;):)[/quote']

Very funny. I have a big smile on my face typing this. Oil be back when this all blows over. Quality defenders is what Man City need.

I looked on the Forbes rich list and seen that they were worth about 23 billion. But afterwards I seen that the QPR owners were worth nearly that much. QPR are not mentioned that much' date=' although they are not after players of the calibre that Man City are after. They are keeping a low profile.[/quote']

QPR's owners are running them as a business, not a plaything hence the difference between how QPR and Man City operate

I think people are taking all of this too seriously now. City, at the end of the day, are not going to sign any superstars in this transfer window barring Kaka (possibly). Which means they will still be playing the same as they have been so far this season, which has currently put them near the very real situation of relegation.

If they are relegated, how many star players will sign for them then? And also i've heard that Kaka's possible agreements with City are going to have a series of get-out clauses i.e. relegation, no european football within 2 years etc.

I think their position this season is going to be vital in regards to signing players. What i think is most likely, is they will end up signing 30+ year old class acts, who are looking for their final bit of money, and City will offer them more than they could dream of. Players like Cannavarro, Henry, Pirlo, Nesta, Donni and many more.

They are quality players, but will only stay quality for a season or two more. In all seriousness are players like Torres, Rooney or Messi going to leave clubs they love so much, and that (barring Liverpool of late) are very successful? They top young players in the world will not sign for City.

There are too many people looking after them, and City will not be able to just poach players with pure money. Even if a club accepts the transfer fee, it is still ultimately up to the player as to whether they want to move or not. It's interesting that there's never been any serious talk from City about signing the likes of Messi, Rooney or Aguero.

I think that if we ignore them, and get on with supporting our teams then we'll see what really matters. This is football. It gets richer.

On the radio the other night, they were talking about when Clough signed Trevor Francis for £999,999 (a little piece of man management there where he made sure he wasn't tagges as the first 1m pound player) and there was outrage from the football world. People said that kind of money for a player was ridiculous, and this was only 30years ago.

In the end, it is teams with great tradition and history that will overcome pure money. Chelsea had no history, they got the money and forged a good team under Mourinho, but Ferguson brought United back and now we've won two titles in a row, and Chelsea look spent. The teams who have that history and prestige to fall back on, the uniteds, the arsenals, the liverpools (although it pains me to say it), the inter milans, the barcelonas and so many more top top teams, have got something that money can't buy.

When the day comes that a team can reign supreme across the world, for a period of time, on a team built purely on money then that day is the day that football is ruined, and everything it stands for is tarnished. Until that day, we should continue to enjoy something that has inspired so many over the years, and continue to be proud of our teams, and what our team has gained in the past.

Remember as well, that Nottingham Forest have more European Cup wins than Manchester City. And they showed they can outdo City in other ways recently as well.