Sign in to follow this  
Guest cabbytoodles

The Journey Begins. . . My Eng Champ 2937 Manchester City Thread!

Guest cabbytoodles

Hey guys. I've just taken over Manchester City in English Championship 2937 :rolleyes: I plan to turn them into League challengers within this season hopefully! :P I'll be posting my season progress here, so stay tuned!

Caleb

Note: I apologize for not completing my previous threads on my various teams due to a lack of views in some cases. I promise, promise I'll keep this running no matter what. So if you wanna subscribe to this thread, free country! :)

Guest cabbytoodles

Re: The Journey Begins. . . My Eng Champ 2937 Manchester City Thread!

47_1190143104.gif

CLUB NEWS

New man in the dugout at Eastlands!

English outfit Manchester City has unveiled Caleb as their new manager following the sacking of Mark Hughes. Caleb, a self-professed Manchester United fan, has pledged his allegiance in improving the fortunes of Manchester City.

Said Caleb to the BBC Sport.

"I'm going to get this straight. Yes, its true I support Manchester United. But I assure City fans, I'll be fully professional during my time at Eastlands. My goal is to turn Manchester City into a big team, yes, bigger than Manchester United."

Caleb was said to be displeased with the squad he had inherited from former gaffer Mark Hughes. Most of the players were instantly stuck on the transfer list as of press time.

Meanwhile, Caleb's first game in charge will be a derby game. They welcome arch rivals Manchester United at Eastlands Stadium in the season opener on 17 January.

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER NEWS

Defensive trio set to depart Manchester as Caleb begins squad revamp!

329622172-soccer-barclays-premier-league-manchester-city-v-everton-city-manchester.jpg340x.jpg2224647908-soccer-coca-cola-football-league-championship-charlton-athletic-v-queens.jpg

Deemed Surplus (From Left): Michael Ball, Pablo Zayaleta, Danny Mills

Manchester City has confirmed that three defenders would be leaving Eastlands for greener pastures. The trio has been named as third choice full-backs Danny Mills and Michael Ball and Argentina defender Zayaleta.

Said Caleb on the departures.

"It is with great regret that I've informed them to seek greener pastures. The club and I would love to thank them for their services and wish them well for the future."

The sale of the trio is expected to raise £18 million cash for manager Caleb to spend.

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER NEWS

Caleb offloads young goalkeeper as clearance continues.

Kasper Schmechiel is set to play in the Championship with Cardiff City.

Caleb has accepted a bid from Championship side Cardiff City for Danish promising goalkeeper Schmechiel. The 21-year-old is said to be unhappy with lack of first-team action at Manchester City, hence his desire to move on.

Said Kasper to the SM News.

"I'm glad I'll finally be joining a team where I can get games week in week out. I thank Caleb for understanding my worries and allowing me to move."

Following the impending sale of Kasper Schmediel, Caleb is thought to be keen on securing the signature of a new goalkeeper to replace current goalkeeper Joe Hart as new manager Caleb is thought to not rate the 21-year-old England shot-stopper.

Well Caleb , hope you can STICK with this team for a LONG period of time, like what i told ya in MSN:p . Good luck with this City team, i bet, if you stay for long enough, you WILL turn your City team into a much better team than my City team in Forum Premier League 92 ( even though the squad is not v good yet, but i still think its somewhat okay for a 10plus match-old City team:D ). GOOD Luck!

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER NEWS

Micah Richards to join Sheffied Wednesday in deal worth £19 million pounds

MicahRichards_14487t.jpg

Micah Richards is looking forward a new chapter in his life at Sheffield Wednesday.

Despite a lack of signings since taking over as manager, Caleb has decided to cash in on defender Micah Richards, agreeing to sell him to Championship side Sheffield Wednesday in a deal close to 19 million pounds.

The SM Times managed to catch up with Micah Richards and catch what he had to say.

"I am really happy to sign for Sheffield," he said. "I like Tut King as a manager and I think it is an ambitious club that is going places. I can't wait to get started now. I have no hard feelings towards Caleb. I wish him well and I will always have a place in my heart for Manchester City."

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER RUMOUR

Caleb: Inter's Julio Cesar would be a good signing

60163700.jpg

Brazilian goalkeeper Julio Cesar. Next stop Manchester?

Manchester City coach Caleb has admitted that Man City are contemplating launching a bid for Inter Milan's first choice goalkeeper Julio Cesar.

Caleb said: "No disrespect to our current man Joe Hart, but I feel, in order to make to step up to the next level, we need to signing good players, players who will improve our squad."

Julio Cesar, 29, who is currently the man between the sticks for the Brazilian national team, is said to be "flattered" to be linked with the Manchester based club.

"Manchester City? People may question me but why not? They are a club going places with Caleb at the helm, besides, I'll love to play in the best league in the world someday before I retire, that's every footballer's dream."

Reports from Italy have said that Jose Mourinho would be unwilling to sell Cesar but taking into consideration the current economic crisis, a bid in excess of 14 million might be able to force the hand of Inter Milan.

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER NEWS

Two more defenders set to depart Eastlands

Nedum_Onuoha_474602a.jpg340x.jpg

Nedum Onuoha (L) and Wayne Bridge call time on their Man City career

English side Manchester City makeover continues, with young defender Nedum Onuoha and first-choice left-back Wayne Bridge leaving.

Nedum Onuoha was said to be frustrated at his failure to break into the Manchester City first team while Manchester City manager Caleb shocked the footballing world by selling Wayne Bridge just weeks after the latter had joined Man City.

"I do not know why Mark Hughes (The previous manager) signed Bridge. Even more ridiculous is the fact he is the highest paid full-back in the world. I do not like Bridge. He will be sold." Caleb did not mince his words when interview by soccernet.com

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER RUMOUR

Caleb: Robinho could leave Manchester City

robinho_1125307c.jpg

Robinho. Is he leaving after joining just months ago?

New Man City gaffer Caleb has hinted that Brazilian playmaker Robinho could depart Eastlands after he said that he wasn't impressed with the 24-year-old.

"I don't know why everyone is drooling over Robinho. He's too egoistic at the moment. Just because he is a big fish in a small pound doesn't give him the right to think he's the most important player." SMTV Live was told.

Rumours have it that Caleb was irked by Robinho's constant late turning up at training sessions and his lacklustre attitude towards training. Reports have it that should Robinho leave, it would be to a country abroad, not England.

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER NEWS

Official: Man City completes Julio Cesar signing. Hart's future increasingly bleak!

659140558.jpg

Brazilian goalkeeper Julio Cesar will make his City debut against Manchester United tonight.

English outfit Manchester City have unveiled their first signing this season, luring Brazilian goalkeeper Julio Cesar to the Eastlands after forking out £14.3 million for his signature.

The Brazilian goalkeeper was only named as the first choice for the man between the sticks for the Brazilian national squad following Dida's retire.

Said Julio Cesar to the media upon his unveiling.

"Everybody knows that I would like a different challenge eventually. I felt I've won all I can at Inter and now its time for a change. I want to go to a club progressing in the right direction and I count Manchester City in that category.

Caleb is also one I'm looking forward to working with. He's enjoying a growing reputation in football currently. Hopefully I can stay at Manchester City for a long time and retire here."

Meanwhile, the future of Joe Hart at Manchester City looked increasingly bleak. The 21-year-old English goalkeeper was rumored to have handed in a transfer request early this morning.

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER RUMOUR

Douglas Maicon: Manchester City interest me.

3167537866-soccer-uefa-champions-league-quarter-final-second-leg-inter-milan.jpg

Inter Milan right-back Maicon: Come and get me, Man City.

In sensational news, Inter Milan Brazilian wingback Douglas Maicon has hinted that he is keen to be part of Caleb's exciting plans for Manchester City.

Said Maicon to Milan News.

"Following the sale of Julio Cesar, I am not sure if Inter Milan are progressing in the right way. We seem to be a selling club now. Only time can tell where I end up."

When pressed on news linking him to Man City, Maicon refused to rule out a move.

"Man City? Why not? Everyone would love to work with their manager Caleb. Man City are now growing into a big club, so who knows? Its hard to say no to Man City but as of now, I'm still an Inter Milan player."

Maicon, 27, hailed as one of the best right-backs in the world at the moment, would not come cheap. Rumours have it that Inter Milan are keen on Man City's promising goalkeeper Joe Hart and want him part of any deal.

Guest cabbytoodles

49_1204432433.gifv 47_1190143104.gif

MATCH PREVIEW

League Turn 1: Manchester United v Manchester City

Brendan's Manchester United host Caleb's Manchester City in a mouth-watering derby match in their season opener. The 76,212 seater Old Trafford Stadium will serve at the backdrop for the match. The match will be both manager's first in the dugout.

Manchester City will head into the match without key defenders Micah Richards, Wayne Bridge and Zayaleta. All three were sold ahead of the match. New signing Julio Cesar is expected to start between the sticks for the visitors tonight. Manchester United enter the match in a confident mood, for manager Brendan opted not to sign anyone ahead of the season.

Pundits are already predicting a slim victory for the visitors as Manchester City simply are outclassed in every department. Said Caleb, "I admit my mistake in selling off key players like Micah and Bridge and failing to get in any new defenders ahead of this match. Whatever the result, I promise my fans that after this game, new signings will arrive."

With Man City lacking a good forward up front to partner Jo, Robinho might be pushed up front in a more advanced role.

Man Utd Probable XI (4-4-2)
: Van Der Sar; Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Neville©; Giggs, Scholes, Carrick, Ronaldo; Rooney, Tevez

Man City Probable XI (3-5-2)
: Julio Cesar©; Garrido, Dunne, Ben Haim; Petrov, Ireland, Elano, Wright-Phillips, Kompany; Robinho, Jo

Guest cabbytoodles

49_1204432433.gif

Ronaldo 7th, Rooney 59th

47_1190143104.gif

Kompany 8th

MATCH REPORT

League Turn 1: Manchester United v Manchester City

Caleb's Manchester put in a woeful performance as they deservedly lost to Brendan's Manchester United in yesterday's league opener. Manchester dominated the entire match in both possession and shots.

Newly crowned FIFA World Player Of 2008 Cristiano Ronaldo was in scintillating form, his mazy footwork and searing pace a particular problem to a Manchester City defence short on pace. Ronaldo outsprinted Richard Dunne to a long punt upfield from Van Der Sar, before chipping City's Julio Cesar in the 7th minute to send the home fans to their feet.
900557154-soccer-barclays-premier-league-derby-county-v-manchester-united-pride.jpg

Ronaldo taunts the Manchester City fans after opening the scoring.

Manchester City leveled the score just one minute later, after Belgium midfielder Kompany was sent clear by teammate Elano. Kompany raced onto Elano's inviting pass through a static Manchester United defence before slotting under the on-rushing Van Der Sar amidst thunderous cheers from the travelling fans who sung "Look at the score, look at the score, ooh 1-1".

Vincent_Kompany_563135a.jpg

The supplier and the finisher: Elano (L) and Kompany ®.

It all went downhill for Manchester City from there. The home side began to assert their authority as they laid siege to the "Sky Blue" goal. Were it not for City's goalkeeper Julio Cesar, the two sides wouldn't have gone into the break level.

The second half continued from where it had left off, with wave after wave of red shirts camping in Manchester City's half. English wonderkid Wayne Rooney then showed great strength to hold off the challenge of Tal Ben Haim to rifle home the winner after Berbatov deft flick had fooled the defenders.

rooney_35945a.jpg

A jubilant Wayne Rooney after scoring the winner in the Manchester derby.

Manchester City must now pick themselves up as they prepare to travel to London to play Fulham while Manchester United travel to the Britannia to play Stoke City.

Manchester United - Manchester City

56% - Possession - 44%

25 - Shots - 9

15 - Shots On Target - 6

8 - Corners - 7

Manchester United
: Van Der Sar; Evra, Ferdinand, Vidic, Neville©; Giggs, Scholes, Carrick, Ronaldo; Berbatov, Rooney

Subs
: Kuszczak, Evans, Anderson, Nani, Tevez

Manchester City
: Julio Cesar©; Garrido, Dunne, Ben Haim; Petrov, Kompany, Ireland, Elano, Wright Phillips; Jo, Robinho

Subs
: Sturridge, Vassell, Bojinov, Hamann, Schaffer

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER NEWS

Manchester City striking duo to leave the club.

776144596-soccer-uefa-cup-first-qualifying-round-first-leg-eb-streymur.jpg767248940-soccer-barclays-premier-league-liverpool-v-manchester-city-anfield.jpg

Jo (L) and Darius Vassell are set for Bolton and Q.P.R respectively.

Manchester City today confirmed the sale of two of their strikers. 21-year-old Jo will leave for Bolton in a deal rumoured to be around the £19 million mark while Darius Vassell, an ex-England international will join Queens Park Rangers in a £7 million move.

Said Caleb, "I thank the duo for their time at City and wish them all the best."

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER NEWS

Latest: Robinho set to join Barcelona in £43 million deal.

robinho_1213493c.jpg

Robinho: Barcelona, here I come

Manchester City are set to offload their highest wage-earner Robinho to Barcelona in a deal confirmed to be in the region of £43 million.

Said Caleb on the deal.

"It is a good deal for us considering who sold Robinho for more than what we paid for him. The £43 million received from this sale will go a long way in helping us strengthen the weaknesses of our squad. I wish Robinho all the best in his Barcelona venture."

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER NEWS

Two more players join mass exodus at Manchester City

3177992204-soccer-barclays-premier-league-manchester-city-v-everton-city-manchester.jpgcaicedofelipe_715136.jpg

Veteran midfielder Dietmar Hamann (L) joins Milton Keynes Dons while Felipe Caicedo moves abroad to Torino.

Two more players are set to leave Eastlands. 35-year-old former German international Hamann look set to join lower league side Milton Keynes Dons in a £2.5 million deal while young striker moves to Italy to further his career with Torino.

Meanwhile, Manchester City fans are growing impatient with the lack of signings by manager Caleb despite him selling many players. Fans marched through the streets to the club's Eastlands Stadiums where they chanted anti-Caleb slogans and burned tyres.

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER RUMOUR

Manchester City given permisson to speak to defensive duo!

3396668651.jpg3094533860.jpg

Barcelona has allowed Caleb to hold talks with Carlos Puyol (L) while Inter Milan gave Maicon ® permission too.

Manchester City manager Caleb has revealed that the club is currently in negotiations with two star defenders - Spanish centre-back Carlos Puyol and Brazilian fullback Maicon.

"At the moment, we are looking to see if we can bring in a couple of defenders. Puyol and Maicon have been given permission to speak to us after we proposed an acceptable offer to the two clubs."

Caleb however, refused to disclose any more information for fear of any clubs hijacking his bids.

When pressed on the progress of the negotiations, Caleb smiled wryly and said.

"The deals are going really well at the moment, really well."

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER NEWS

Breaking News: Manchester City seal the deal for Douglas Maicon

340x.jpg

Maicon (In Blue): I'm proud to be part of Manchester City unique plans

Manchester City has announced their second signing of the season, in the form of Douglas Maicon. The 27-year-old wing-back, known for his surging runs and scorchers, signed after his club Inter Milan accepted a deal worth 25 million in total.

Said Maicon upon his unveiling.

"Words can't describe how I feel, Manchester is a wonderful place. And to be able to play in the best league in the world leaves on speechless. I hope to turn the blue half of Manchester into a bigger side than the "Red Devils." I'll also like to thank Caleb for offering me the chance to work under him."

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER RUMOUR

Caleb: Ribery and Ibrahimovic are good players, the "Man City" type.

2749271722-soccer-international-friendly-france-v-england-stade-de-france.jpg2598420197-soccer-uefa-european-championship-2008-group-d-russia-v-sweden.jpg

Franck Ribery (L) and Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Will they move to Eastlands?

English outfit Manchester City manager Caleb has cheekily revealed that he is keen on Bayern winger Franck Ribery and Swedish hitman Zlatan Ibrahimovic.

"Ribery? Why not, we are searching for a winger or two currently. He has the attributes and the personality to play well here. But of course, only if Bayern are willing to sell him. Ibrahimovic is another lad we are looking at."

Caleb's revolution at Eastlands seem to be truly up and going, with most of the original squad offloaded as he seek to build a new team from scratch, one that is capable of challenging for the inaugural Premier League crown this season.

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gifv 32_1203570233.gif

MATCH PREVIEW

League Turn 2: Manchester City v Fulham

Caleb's Manchester City welcome Sean's Fulham at the Eastlands stadium today in the round 2 of the League. Caleb will be looking to inspire his charges to bounce back from their opening day defeat against arch-rivals Manchester United while Fulham are brimming with confidence after defeating West Brom 2-1.

Caleb has so far failed to live up his promise of signing more players, with only Maicon and Julio Cesar expected to be the new faces in a relatively similar line-up to the previous match, while Sean's Fulham has not made any changes to their squad.

Caleb is expected to experiment with a new 3-2-2-2-1 formation while Sean should stick with a 4-4-2 line-up.

Man City Probable XI (3-2-2-2-1)
: Julio Cesar©; Ben Haim, Dunne, Maicon; Kompany, Gelson Fernandes, M.Petrov, Elano, M.Johnson, Wright-Phillips; Bojinov

Fulham Probable XI (4-4-2)
: Schwarzer; Stoor, Konchesky, Hughes, Hangeland; Bullard, Murphy©, Davies, Dempsey; Kamara, Johnson

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

Elano 31st, M.Johson 54th

32_1203570233.gif

Kamara 6th

MATCH REPORT

League Turn 2: Manchester City v Fulham

Manchester City turned in a gritty performance as they posted a magnificent comeback to beat visiting Fulham 2-1 at the Eastlands stadium yesterday. Caleb would have been relieved after seeing his side fall behind to an early Kamara goal after just 6 minutes. Sean's Fulham have only themselves to blame after some slack defending saw them slump to a defeat.

Manchester City bossed possession and shots, with 60% possession and 20 shots to Fulham's 13.

Fulham took the lead through Senegalese forward Diomansy Kamara who exploited Richard's Dunne poor clearance before sending an exquisite lob over stranded Man City goalkeeper Julio Cesar to break the deadlock after just 6 minutes.
3038456028-soccer-barclays-premier-league-manchester-city-v-fulham-city-manchester.jpg

Kamara ® celebrating his opener.

The home side gradually began to settle down, with Brazilian playmaker Elano a particular thread for the Fulham's defence. It was Elano himself who drew Man City back into the game. Fulham's Hangeland clipped the heels of Bulgarian Bojinov, conceding a free-kick just on the edge of the penalty box. Despite the best efforts of Mark Scharwarzer, he was powerless as Elano curled home the equalizer in the 36th minute. The first half ended then with Martin Petrov and Jimmy Bullard earning bookings.

elano_280x390_369094a.jpg

1-1. Elano's beauty drew Man City level.

Fulham's Mark Schwarzer put on a goalkeeping clinic in the second half as he practically hurled himself at every shot, ensuring Fulham remain in the game as Man City upped their tempo. However, the Fulham's defenders marking at set pieces were dodgy at times and it was through a corner that Man City scored.

In the 54th minute, Elano's short corner was picked up by Maicon who whipped in a wicked cross which Michael Johnson bundled home. Man City then held on till the final whistle as Caleb celebrated his first win as "The Citizens" manager.

_44119861_city5.jpg

Michael Jonson (L) mobbed by his teammates after scoring what turned out to be the winning goal.

Manchester City - Fulham

60% - Possession - 40%

20 - Shots - 13

6 - Shots On Target - 8

3 - Corners - 8

Manchester City
: Julio Cesar©; Ben Haim, Dunne, Maicon; Petrov, Kompany, Fernandes, Elano, Johnson, Wright-Phillips; Bojinov

Subs
: Glauber, Logan, Etuhu, Garrido, Evans

Fulham
: Schwarzer; Stoor, Konchesky, Hughes, Hangeland; Bullard, Murphy©, Davies, Dempsey; Kamara, Johnson

Subs
: Zuberbuhler, Paintsil, Andreasen, Etuhu, Zamora

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER NEWS

Manchester City seals the deal for trio!

2598420197-soccer-uefa-european-championship-2008-group-d-russia-v-sweden.jpg3528574032-soccer-uefa-champions-league-semi-final-second-leg-manchester-united.jpg761377721-soccer-uefa-european-championship-2008-group-d-sweden-v-spain.jpg

From Left: Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Gianluca Zambrotta, Carlos Puyol

A beaming Manchester City manager proudly unveiled three more signings as the English outfit aim to live up to their promises of establishing themselves as an English powerhouse this season. Spanish defender Carlos Puyol signed from Barcelona, Itailian full-back arrived from AC Milan while Zlatan Ibrahimovic joined the Manchester club from Inter Milan. Said Caleb to the press upon the unveiling of the trio.

"All three of them will walk into any team in the world. To capture their signatures says how much other players view our club. Barring any hiccups, the trio should make their debut against Stoke in our next league game."

The signing of Puyol, Zambrotta and Ibrahimovic makes up Caleb's fourth, fifth and sixth signing since taking over the reins of Manchester City.

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER NEWS

Caleb prepared to release Man City duo

340x.jpg79D3223C-025D-9AE3-EA77A86393B0506E.jpg

Tal Ben Haim (L) and Shaun Wright Phillips are set to be sold.

Manchester City gaffer Caleb has revealted that winger Shaun Wright Phillips and defender Ben-Haim hold no place in his plans for the future.

Said Caleb to the media.

"They can go. Nothing against them or anything but they are not in my blueprint for the future. Shaunie will join Wigan while Ben-Haim moves to Chile."

It is widely reported that the sale of the duo would swell the club's war chest by £24 million.

Guest cabbytoodles

47_1190143104.gif

TRANSFER NEWS

Two more players arrive as Caleb seeks reinforcements.

mathijsen_joris_345x468.jpg340x.jpg

From Left: Defender Mathijsen and striker Diego Milito

English outfit Manchester City were given a boost after signing two more players for their campaign. The new arrivals were Dutch defender Joris Mathijsen, who signed from German side Hamburger SV while Genoa sold Argentine hitman Diego Milito to Man City.

Said Milito, 29 to The Guardian.

"I'm glad to be able to join Man City. Ask any player in the world, and they will tell you that they would love to play under Caleb. I don't mind competition up front, its all healthy and helps us improve."

Diego Milito is expected to play second fiddle to Swedish forward Zlatan Ibrahimovic in Caleb's preferred lone forward formation.

Guest MR_ENG_CHAMP_1

Hi I just noticed your thread ive just started doing the same thing sold virtually the whole team already tho

Keep up the good work ill post up a screenie of my team once i finished tinkering