Sign in to follow this  
manchester786@live.com

will Zlatan Ibrahimovic

Re: will Zlatan Ibrahimovic

I think Eto'o should rise to 97, while Ibra is fine with a 96. He has never really proven himself on the large stage, and this is evident as he never shows up in the Ballon D'or Top ten, Fifa top Ten, top goalscorers.

If he is not an amazing goalscorer then that is fine, I won't expect him to be in those lists of top goalscorers. But atleast he should show up in some other lists, but no he doesn't either. Ibra is simply too lazy.

Both are 27' date='Eto'o has way more honours.

Ibra joined juve in 2004,eto'o joined barca in 2004.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic

67 goals altogether for Juventus AND Inter Milan.142 Apps.

Samel Eto'o 95 goals in 126 apps.

CLEAR winner Samuel Eto'o[/quote']

Here's some more relevant stats from just the last 2 and a half seasons (SM only take the last 2 years into account when deciding ratings):

Ibrahimovic

Games played: 94

Goals scored by Ibra: 51

Goals scored by Inter in games Ibra played in: 170

Ibra goals per game: 0.54

Inter goals per game: 1.81

% of Inter's goals scored by Ibra: 30%

Assists: 20

Assists per game: 0.21

Eto'o

Games played: 73

Goals scored by Eto'o: 40

Goals scored by Barca in games Eto'o played in: 173

Eto'o goals per game: 0.55

Barca goals per game: 2.37

% of Barca's goals scored by Eto'o: 23%

Assists: 16

Assists per game: 0.22

So their stats are almost identical.

You could say that Barca score more goals than Inter and Eto'o has far better attacking players supplying him, meaning Eto'o should score more than Ibra.

You could also point out that Serie A is weaker than La Liga, meaning Ibra's achievements aren't as great.

Maybe La Liga has a more attacking mentality and weaker defences (tactically, not necessarily in terms of players) meaning Eto'o should be expected to do better than Ibra?

How about the fact that Ibra is Inter's main attacking force and almost the sole reason for their success (in terms of attacking at least), but Eto'o isn't a true 'key player' at Barca?

People say Ibra hasn't done it in the CL yet. Is that really true, or is it just that Barca are better than Inter? ...and has Eto'o done anything in the CL recently?

(Over the last 2 1/2 seasons, Ibra has scored 6 in 20 in the CL and Eto'o has 3 in 13 - that's 0.30 per game for Ibra, and only 0.23 per game for Eto'o)

There are an equal number of arguments why one might be better or worse than the other. In my opinion, Ibrahimovic could be either a 96 or a 97 and his rating would be justified... but whatever he gets, it should be the same as whatever Eto'o gets.

Here's some more relevant stats from just the last 2 and a half seasons (SM only take the last 2 years into account when deciding ratings):

Ibrahimovic

Games played: 94

Goals scored by Ibra: 51

Goals scored by Inter in games Ibra played in: 170

Ibra goals per game: 0.54

Inter goals per game: 1.81

% of Inter's goals scored by Ibra: 30%

Assists: 20

Assists per game: 0.21

Eto'o

Games played: 73

Goals scored by Eto'o: 40

Goals scored by Barca in games Eto'o played in: 173

Eto'o goals per game: 0.55

Barca goals per game: 2.37

% of Barca's goals scored by Eto'o: 23%

Assists: 16

Assists per game: 0.22

So their stats are almost identical.

You could say that Barca score more goals than Inter and Eto'o has far better attacking players supplying him' date=' meaning Eto'o should score more than Ibra.

You could also point out that Serie A is weaker than La Liga, meaning Ibra's achievements aren't as great.

Maybe La Liga has a more attacking mentality and weaker defences (tactically, not necessarily in terms of players) meaning Eto'o should be expected to do better than Ibra?

How about the fact that Ibra is Inter's main attacking force and almost the sole reason for their success (in terms of attacking at least), but Eto'o isn't a true 'key player' at Barca?

People say Ibra hasn't done it in the CL yet. Is that really true, or is it just that Barca are better than Inter? ...and has Eto'o done anything in the CL recently?

(Over the last 2 1/2 seasons, Ibra has scored 6 in 20 in the CL and Eto'o has 3 in 13 - that's 0.30 per game for Ibra, and only 0.23 per game for Eto'o)

There are an equal number of arguments why one might be better or worse than the other. In my opinion, Ibrahimovic could be either a 96 or a 97 and his rating would be justified... but whatever he gets, it should be the same as whatever Eto'o gets.[/quote']

That should be a slap in the face for most of the people on the thread:rolleyes: Great post mate. Brilliant as usual

But this champions league ibra has scored 1 in 6 and eto'o 1 in 3 so eto'o has betta record THIS SEASON.not last.

not being bias btw my personal opinion.

(Over the last 2 1/2 seasons' date=' Ibra has scored 6 in 20 in the CL and Eto'o has 3 in 13 - that's 0.30 per game for Ibra, and only 0.23 per game for Eto'o)

But this champions league ibra has scored 1 in 6 and eto'o 1 in 3 so eto'o has betta record THIS SEASON.not last.

not being bias btw my personal opinion.[/quote']

So Eto'o is better than Ibra as he has a better scoring record in 6 CL gamesand tbh both have 1 goal. For Ibra that's not bad considering inter have been poor in Europe

i watched the match vs roma tonight

people keep saying etto is better than ibra but can etto do this?

Inter Milan secured their place in the semi-finals of the Coppa Italia with a 2-1 win over Roma.

The home side went in front after 10 minutes when Brazilian striker Adriano capitalised on some slack Roma defending to score.

Roma drew level just past the hour mark when Rodrigo Taddei fired home past Francesco Toldo.

Parity proved short-lived as Inter grabbed the lead and winner just two minutes later as Ibrahimovic acrobatically volleyed home.

acrobatically volleyed home?

this is why he's rated so highy with amizing goals and skills, with etto i never see him do these types of moves with acrobats lol, so it''s hard for u people to choose whos better rember,

goals do matter in football yea i agree.. but so does class! seen him tonight as he own'd roma all night kept givin them headche,

so for me now as i wasnt sure before he's gonna hit 97! if he carrys on the way he is now:cool:

I have nothing against ibra, although I dont think its fair saying eto'o cant score those types of goals as it would be like saying Ibra cant pick the ball up from distance, fly past a few players with speed and roll it past the GK etc

Eto'o has scored some stunning goals, they both have totaly different attributes really

ok So Ibra can hit acrobatic volleys?

Eto'o can hit 25+ goals a season, can Ibra, nope. :P

Different attributes as Neller said, but I'd rather have a goalscoring Machine like Eto'o, rather than a make shift playmaker as Ibra. In all honesty I would not like my Forward to be my playmaker, because then who is going to score. That said Eto'o is a better Forward in the sense of the word. SCORING

not being bias btw my personal opinion.

That would be a more valid argument if we were talking about a player getting a possible rise from 86 to 87' date=' but once a player gets to the really high ratings, they need to be consistently brilliant over an extended period of time to get a rise (just a few games, or even half a season isn't really enough). When you look at the full period SM use to judge a player, both Eto'o and Ibra have been equally good, and so deserve to have equal ratings.

Maybe later in the season if Barca win the CL and Eto'o is a major reason for that, he might deserve a better rating. Right now though, anything more than whatever Ibra gets wouldn't be justified.

Eto'o can hit 25+ goals a season, can Ibra, nope. :P

Over the last 2 and a bit seasons, Eto'o has only averaged 0.01 goal per game more than Ibra... and Eto'o plays for a team that constantly pushes forward and scores goals for fun. ;)

Eto'o also has more shots than Ibra in an average game, so you could also argue that Ibra is a more clinical finisher.

yeah.

rooney is the best striker ever

will simao' date=' fraizer campbell,benzema and arjen robben rise???

anyone???????????

please[/quote']

what a stupid opinion!!!:P

a typical MANyou fan...

rooney is OVERATED!!

never a 96..

*Etoo is better than Ibra in many aspects...FACT