What should i do?

Louis

Now, i'm very confused what i should do.

I have supported Birmingham City for a good five years now, but im fed up of supporting them now, they play the most boring football i have ever seen in my life.

On the other hand my second local team are Aston Villa who are third in the table, and have a fantastic squad and can do really well this season.

Now my problem is, should i betray all Birmingham City fans and support Aston Villa or continue to support this rubbish Birmingham City club, football is boring me because the team i support don't win and it brings me down, now if i support Aston Villa they win every win and football life will be alot better, i worry about what people will think of me if i support Aston Villa, but i want to support them as i think football will be alot better with them in my life.

Re: What should i do?

Why would you ever change who you support? Stick with your team' date=' don't go glory hunting.[/quote']

Birmingham bore me, and they must be the worste team for watching football in the Championship, they don't score, and don't play, it's very very very boring.

Birmingham bore me' date=' and they must be the worste team for watching football in the Championship, they don't score, and don't play, it's very very very boring.[/quote']

Right...

Newcastle suck...

I am going to support Everton now as they don't suck as much...

You are crazy mate if you are even thinking about changing who you support... Thats like, really bad...

Birmingham bore me' date=' and they must be the worste team for watching football in the Championship, they don't score, and don't play, it's very very very boring.[/quote']

That shouldn't be a reason to not support someone. I bet Notts Forest, Luton, Rotherham, Leeds, Southampton and Charlton all have the same number of supporters as they did when they weren't in a complete mess.

Right...

Newcastle suck...

I am going to support Everton now as they don't suck as much...

You are crazy mate if you are even thinking about changing who you support... Thats like' date=' really bad...[/quote']

You are right Dai, it will betrayal if go support Aston Villa. I just wish i chose them over Birmingham them many years ago.

Do what you think is best, dont care about what others may think of you.

from what I can read above you are not switching for the glory but more for the football and enjoyment factor.

having said all the above I would never consider not supporting LFC, they dont win loads and play boring football at times compared to Arsenal / Man Utd but I would not for 1 second consider switching.

Maybe try supporting a foriegn team along with Brimingham, La Liga is on TV all time so take up supporting Barca, this way you get to stay loyal, see great football, win trophies.

everything will be fine then

ps.... NEVER CONSIDER SWITCHING!!!!!!!!!!

Do what you think is best' date=' dont care about what others may think of you.

from what I can read above you are not switching for the glory but more for the football and enjoyment factor.

having said all the above I would never consider not supporting LFC, they dont win loads and play boring football at times compared to Arsenal / Man Utd but I would not for 1 second consider switching.

Maybe try supporting a foriegn team along with Brimingham, La Liga is on TV all time so take up supporting Barca, this way you get to stay loyal, see great football, win trophies.

everything will be fine then :D[/quote']

It's already a thing i have started to do Neller, i have already been supporting Barcelona for two years since i went to watch them play in Barcelona. ;), it's just that i havent got SS and watching it on the Internet is hard sometimes.

Lost all respect for you Louis mate' date=' to even consider something like that :rolleyes: . Anyway, do what you want, youll just be one of them glory supporters :rolleyes:

UTB![/quote']

I have already made the descision that i wont change teams, it would be wrong and i wouldent feel right doing it anyway, it's the recent poor form of Birmingham City that has caused me to feel this way, paying good money to go watch 90 minutes of defenders kicking the ball to the other team's defence is very boring.

This thread can be locked now,

thank you.

I have already made the descision that i wont change teams' date=' it would be wrong and i wouldent feel right doing it anyway, it's the recent poor form of Birmingham City that has caused me to feel this way, paying good money to go watch 90 minutes of defenders kicking the ball to the other team's defence is very boring.

This thread can be locked now,

thank you.[/quote']

Louis wouldnt be Louis without Birmingham ;)

Or Birmingham wouldnt be Birmingham without Louis.

Once you have supported a team for your whole life you become very passionate for your club and you love your club more and more everyday, every second no matter what troubles your club face whether its financially or struggling against relegation etc. And I think that its impossible to feel the same way about a different club even if you supported them for the next 20 years (unless you weren't a true supporter)

Do you agree/disagree with me Louis? :)

EDIT: I was in the middle of typing this when you made your decision :o

Once you have supported a team for your whole life you become very passionate for your club and you love your club more and more everyday' date=' every second no matter what troubles your club face whether its financially or struggling against relegation etc. And I think that its impossible to feel the same way about a different club even if you supported them for the next 20 years (unless you weren't a true supporter)

Do you agree/disagree with me Louis? :)[/quote']

I agree with you, it would feel wrong supporting the team i hate so much, it's a silly thread, and i silly thought of me tbh. :rolleyes:

I support Southampton, but however much i hate the chairman, a lot of the players and the way they play, i like to think i would never switch teams. Every team has bad runs of form.... just some go on for longer than others. :o

At least Birmingham don't look likely to be playing league 1 football next year :(:eek:;)

Try being a Dunfermline fan Louis ;)... then you will know how bad it can be to support a terrible team. But it is shocking that you thought about changing teams to your team's rivals. And it is even more shocking when you see where Birmingham are in the Championship table at the moment. They are comfortably third and are more than in the title race at such an advanced point in the season.

Went through a similar experience in my youth in the 80's. Having supported Villa all my life which wasnt very long at the time i defected to Tottenham. Cant remember why but i did. Funnily enough it took Spurs losing in the FA Cup final in 87' for me to ditch them. Probably cos they lost to Coventry of all teams.

So i reverted to being what i always was and always will be which is a Villa supporter. It hasnt been a successfull time but now under Martin O'Neil there is hope of a brighter future and Louis you are right we play some good football but we also win ugly. I have seen many games where we were not the better team but we won. I wouldnt say that was entertaining more nailbiting.

If you are a true Birmingham City fan then jumping on the Villa bandwagon would not be something you would dare consider. :P . No matter whatever happened to the Villa i would never jump ship to Blues or Coventry, i think i would rather give up footy althogther :eek: .

However i agree with you about supporting a club from the area you live in, i do like to follow all midlands sides and you can see that in mst of my sides in the GC's where i have Villa, Leicester, Forest and used to have Blues, Cov, Wolves and Walsall.

Whatever you choose it's not the end of the world just make sure you never choose Cov :) .