Xabi Alonso  

1. 1.

Re: Xabi Alonso UP!!??!!

Coming from a (Manchester) United fan, Xabi Alonso has been fantastic this season and that's not easy for me to say. Maybe not a 95 yet but I think he warrants a rise to 94, I don't know if he'll be a regular enough player in the spanish national team to get a 95+ but that's all to be seen. I think he is just as good if not better than Marcos Senna, after all it is hard to make such an impression in a team with Steven Gerrard.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Re: Xabi Alonso Certainly deserves a 94, no question to be honest. I also concur that Carrick should be rated higher.

Re: Xabi Alonso

Re: Xabi Alonso Alonso should be 88, everyone knows that he's only on the same level as Darren Fletcher really. Fletcher is Captain of Scotland for goodness sake! A fine footballing nation, Alonso

No offense but Mascherano hasn't done anything to warrant a rise. Just because he's rated higher than Alonso doesn't mean he must forever be 'better' than Alonso in terms of SM rating.

Aaaaaand also because he's captaining the Argies now' date=' but yeah he hasn't been playing all [i']that[/i] well.

Coming from a (Manchester) United fan' date=' Xabi Alonso has been fantastic this season and [i']that's not easy for me to say[/i]. Maybe not a 95 yet but I think he warrants a rise to 94, I don't know if he'll be a regular enough player in the spanish national team to get a 95+ but that's all to be seen. I think he is just as good if not better than Marcos Senna, after all it is hard to make such an impression in a team with Steven Gerrard.

Why not? :P

And I think he is a regular, at least he's played the last two internationals.

Alonso had a poor season last time by his high standards, but has been a revelation and totally deserves a rise to 94. If he stays first choice for Spain and Liverpool win something he could get 95 next time.

Had Liverpool stumped up the cash for Gareth Barry there is no doubt Alonso would have been on his way - someone at Anfield made a good decision there B)

I think we could have sold him but due to the protracted nature of the Barry deal coupled with vociferous support for Xabi from our fans pre-season (he got more support than anyone and he said he'd repay us for it- and he has!) meant he wasn't being sold. I honestly believe the vocalness of the fans made a difference here.

lots of rumours about him moving back to Spain this summer' date=' most rumours suggest Real Madrid due to the lack of quality they have had (Sneijder, VDV, Gago, Guti, M.Diarra have all underperformed/been injured).

[/quote']

why would he go to madrid - he'd end up getting murdered if he joined them

and who the hell voted 97 - thats almost as bad as the person who said kuyt should be a 96!!!

Where is the option for him to go down to 92? :o

Only joking, always liked him as a player even if he does play for a poop team, he deserves to rise to 94. :):P

Seriously though, why would you even put 97 as an option?! LOL Stay at 93 or drop would even be more suited than that and as for the person who voted it.. Obviously taking the mick. ;)

Why not? :P

And I think he is a regular' date=' at least he's played the last two internationals.[/quote']

It's difficult being a Manchester United fan and complementing a Liverpool player because it would really be beneficial to us if they were playing horribly but in this case Xabi Alonso has been great. Yeah he's played the last couple of games for Spain against Turkey but I'd like to see him played regularly in a competition for that 95 rating, or playing close enough every qualifier. All will be seen in the coming months, but I think for now a 94 is an accurate rating for Xabi Alonso.

• 1 year later...

Re: Xabi Alonso to go up?

I am also considering buying Xabi Alonso. Will he go up to 95? Stay the same or go down?

Also' date=' is it wise to buy Cambiasso instead of Xabi? Or vice-versa?[/quote']

when it gets nearer the spanish ratings i would sell alonso and buy busquets he is a quality young player who i reckon could go up 2 to 93

when it gets nearer the spanish ratings i would sell alonso and buy busquets he is a quality young player who i reckon could go up 2 to 93

Don't do this, most people on this forum (and me included) think that Busquets is very overrated and is carried by much better teammates. That said he might scrape a 92 because he plays for Barca and Spain.

Alonso will stay the same. I'd keep him.

Don't do this' date=' most people on this forum (and me included) think that Busquets is very overrated and is carried by much better teammates. That said he might scrape a 92 because he plays for Barca and Spain.

Alonso will stay the same. I'd keep him.[/quote']

yes whats the point in keeping someone who's older and going to get worse realistically when you can get a quality player like busquets he is not overated.

yes whats the point in keeping someone who's older and going to get worse realistically when you can get a quality player like busquets he is not overated.

how do you figure alonso is going to get worse :confused:

maybe because he moved to a bigger side (Liverpool -> Real)?

maybe because since he moved to Real he has been playing more regularly for spain?

You should buy alonso as he is 94and wont drop anytime soon whereas busquets will have to play well and regalarly for 2 years to reach 94, and thats not guarunteed with masch arriving and at some point fabregas going to barca. ;)

Going to get worse? How do you figure that out? He's only 28 and 94 rated, potential to stay at 94 (or even climb to 95 but I doubt that) for a fair few years.

I dont see the point of buying players just because they are young... Busquets 'might' reach the quality of Xabi in 4 to 5 years time, do you see yourself still playing SM in 5 years?

Anyway Xabi Alonso is more likely to rise than to drop, believe me. With Mourinho at Real in 2 years Xabi's honours will include 1 Champions League, 1 Domestic League, 2 Domestic Cups, and one UEFA Supercup :D

Xabi Alonso is a class player, Busquets is a player with no fairplay.

• 3 months later...

Xabi Alonso no rating increase?

How can xabi alonso not get an increase in the rating

if you compare him to cambiasso , xabi alonso plays in the nt and they r the defending champions and also plays at a club playing better at the moment. I honestly think Alonso deserves the 95 he even keeps a player like fabregas on the bench in the spain NT