Sign in to follow this  
Chambo

International League Match Reports & Transfers

Re: International League Match Reports & Transfers

100pxfsssvgff4.png

Serbia held by Bosnia

Serbia and Bosnia were both the in form teams of the competition. Serbia were undefeated boasting 2 wins from two as were Bosnia. The game was played out i n a near capacity crowd at the Ibrox. This helped Bosnia greatly as 90% of the fans were from Bosnia. But this didn't get to the Serbian lads as they fought hard and eventually won a point. Lee McCulloch stroke on the 15th minute causing an uproar at the Ibrox. Serbia soon fought back and got a hard earned point on the 23rd minute and Serbia's talismanic captain Milan Jovanovic got the equalliser. The rest of the match was exciting but unfortunately had no more goals left in it. End result Serbia 1 - 1 Bosnia

Heres what Up Gunners had to say...

I am really ****** off with the Bosnian manager. He has broken the rules of this setup by playing Non Bosnian players when hes got Bosnian players to cover every position :mad: . I am furious and nothing will probably be done. On the other hand we played great football and deserved the 3 points. But it wasn;t meant to be

tosiczorankx7.jpg

man20city20crest-1-1-1.gif

Belgian Train Keeps On-A-Rollin'

Belgium have continued their run of form at the start of the inaugural "International League" season downing Sweden 3-1 in-front of another packed crowd. The Devils went behind early but fought hard to grind out the 2-goal win.

The Swede's scored first in the 6th, much to the dissapointment of the home crowd. The stiker seemed to toe-poke a ball past the defense following a scramble in the goal-mouth led to the 22-year claiming his first goal of the season.

allbacksh7.jpg

Berg celebrates his first goal of the season

Mohamed Tchite however equalised for the Red Devils after Tchite pieced together a moment of magic which caught the defense flat-footed, gifting the African-born striker an easy shot past Issaksson.

Tchite's next chance was even easier then the last after the front-man latched onto an Axel Witsel cross to hit the lead for Belgium. Isaksson almost was beaten again but made a daring save to keep his team in it.

img.312919_t.jpg

Witsel challenges for the ball before curling in a cross for Tchite

The Swede could do nothing about Tim Matthys header in the 64th minute after the winger climbed high over the defence to secure the win for Belgium in front of 47,689 fans thus continuing their unbeaten run for the season. Witsel defended well for the Devils, keeping out a Sweden attack before failing to hit-home a volley from 20 yards.

We are almost unstoppable. Im trying to keep in my excitement and i dont want to get ahead of myself but when I took over the Belgium job i wasnt expecting anything as good as this. My boys will be ready to go againsnt Uzbekistan

Belgium now sit in 1st place following Bosnia/Serbia draw, leaving the Devils 2 points clear at the top.

f_MELBONRm_30c2d61.png9

Redstall: Nothing to worry about...

Last nights 4-3 away loss to Olympiacos has got some socceroo's worrying about their teams survival hopes, but this morning manager ZRedstall has confidently told them not to worry.

He stated:

This is by no means a crisis. We got a good point against serbia on the first day with a very limited squad and the two losses against Crvena Zvezda and Olympiacos were very close games. We have very good attacking options, especially after the signed of Scot Mcdonald from Celtic, but it's the defence we are looking to strengthen. I promise that once the funds come in, defenders will be replced and we will pick up more points.

img_447fb50d07eae.jpg

Viduka has three goals in three games so far....

Wales defeat Scots in Home Nations clash

Wales coach James Burrow got his first competitive win last night as Wales defeated Scotland 3-1. Goals from Rob Earnshaw, Ryan Giggs and Danny Gabiddon were enough to seal the crucial 3 points. Ross McCormack's 66th minute goal was a mere consolation.

Wales next match is against Ghana.

Another thumping, 3 nil by Aston Villa (Denmark). This is the first game where my opponent ACTUALLY played a starting XI consisting of her designated nation. Shatskikh and Koshelev joined the training camp in Tashkent, while Bunyodkor remains FIRMLY rooted to the bottom. God knows when i can pick up my first points.

World Knockout Cup - Round 1

Uzbekistan 0-1 Russia

Pogrebnyak's 5th minute opener was enough to send Russia through to the next round in a very close affair at MHSK Stadium. Uzbekistan will count themselves unlucky after taking more possession and more shots, but in the end it was the clinical finishing that was enough for the Russians.

Greece 2-1 France

A close encounter in the Athens Olympic stadium saw Greece stun France, with all the action piled inside 5 minutes. Gekas opened the scoring in the 68th minute, before Henry equalised within minutes. But Greece weren't to give up and a Salpigidis goal 2 minutes later sent Greece through. France had more possession, and both had an equal amount of shots, but France shots on goal ratio of 1 in nearly 5 attempts ended up being the difference.

Argentina 0-3 Uruguay

A striker in Argentina has seen Argentina forced to play out a C side this season, meaning that Uruguay perhaps had a slightly better side. But in a hightly entertaining affair, it was the Uruguayans who came out on top over their South American counterparts thanks to three 2nd half goals, courtesy of Abreu, Arismendi and Scotti. Uruguay had much more possession, but an attacking Argentina side had 11 more shots. But Uruguay's hit ratio of 6 on target in 7 saw them have more shots on goal, and ultimately more goals.

Bosnia (2) 0-0 (4) Italy

A very non-Bosnian Bosnia nearly stunned a strong Italy side, and only penalties denied them a place in the 2nd round. Another close encounter saw Italy take more possession, but with both teams firing wildly neither had more that half on target.

Romania 1-2 Norway

A last minute strike saw Norway overturn a one goal deposit to scrape past Romania into the second round. Danciulescu had opened the scoring in 15th minute, but a Iversen goal just minutes into the second half saw things levelled and Grindheim struck with just 3 minutes to go to send Norway fans wild. There were just 7 shots apiece in this match, but both sides hit the majority on target with Norway not missing a single one. Norway also took the majority of possession. A close game, but a slightly deserved win.

England (2) 1-1 (4) Cameroon

Cameroon made a contender for shock of the round after they sent England out on penalties. M'Bami had put Cameroon ahead, but Barry saved England hearts in the 65th minute. Neither side could find a winner, and in the end Cameroon scraped past on penalties. With nearly twice as many shots England will feel grieved that they went out, but perhaps the superior possession was key for Cameroon's success.

Ghana 1-2 Wales

A close cut affair in Leverkusen saw Wales reach the second round, courtesy of early goals from Stock and Eastwood. Rolfes pulled one back for Ghana, but they failed to find an equaliser and Wales squeezed through. Wales had much more of the play but Ghana had more shots. A measly 4 in target might make the manager think about changing his strikers.

Denmark 1-2 Chile

The South American side came from a goal down to pass through after a very defensive performance. Rommedahl had put the Danes ahead, but Gonzales equalised just minutes later, and Tello secured the victory after a goal 10 minutes into the second half. Questions will have to be asked of Thomas Sorensen after Chile scored both of their only shots on target, with another 9 going wide. Denmark had much more shots, but were far inferior in possession.

Portugal 2-0 Israel

Goals from un-Portuguese Di Maria secured victory for Portugal over an Israel team running all over the park. Israel manager had his Israelis running around in circles up front, and this may be why they had just 6 shots on target all match. Di Maria scored after just 0.1 seconds (the 9th fastest in history as of 2099) and then again in the 70th minute. It was an entertaining affair with a total of 42 shots, but Portugal were on top in every area and it was a thoroughly deserved, although expected, win for the Portuguese.

Poland 1-2 Holland

Two goals in 6 minutes were enough for Holland to go through after Brozek gave Poland a shock lead. Affelay equalised 10 minutes into the second half before Golanski put through his own net. Holland's victory was tarnished by a red card for Emmanuelson, but the main thing is they are through. It was a deserved win for Holland, who had a whopping 33 shots, with just over half on target. Holland also had more possession and the only area Poland won in was on corners. The match ended with just one shot under the 60 mark in a very entertaining match.

Biggest Shock

The award of the Biggest Shock for Round 1 goes to Mike SM of Greece, who defeated France 2-1. Cameroon (defeated England on penalties) were close behind.

Most Impressive

The most impressive performance of Round 1 goes to Sambalele of Uzbekistan, who were narrowly defeated by Russia. Uzbekistan had more shots and possession.

Most Convincing

The clear winner for the Round is Chris Camilleri of Uruguay who breezed past Argentina with ease, scoring three goals in the process and also keeping a clean sheet. Uruguay had much more possession, although Argentina had more shots.

To vote for your manager of Round 1, please go here.

World Knockout Cup - Round 2 - Fixtures

The smallest team left in the competition are Montenego, who will host Turkey in a bid to upset. Giantkillers Greece face another stern test in Holland whilst Germany face Italy in the clash of the round. After storming past Argentina Uruguay will look to upset the odds once again as they face Portugal, with Chile facing Brazil in an all South American tie. High hopers Spain will host Ireland whilst Croatia travel to Nigeria and Australia will have high hopes of success against unmanaged Austria.

Montenegro v Turkey

Paraguay v Russia

Scotland v Bulgaria

Germany v Italy

Ivory Coast v Norway

Nigeria v Croatia

Spain v Ireland

Ukraine v Colombia

Australia v Austria

Cameroon v Sweden

Belgium v Wales

Chile v Brazil

Holland v Greece

Uruguay v Portugal

Switzerland v Mexico

Serbia v Czech Republic

Every month, starting March, there will be a Manager of the Month competition. There will be one from 01/03 -> 07/03, and it will be for each division. It will be multiple choice, BUT votes will be public, so please only vote for one team from each division or your vote will not count.

There will only be 3 nominees per division. The winner of each will face off from 07/03 -> 14/03 where the overall MOTM will be crowned. :)

Also, after every cup round there will be a MOTR, lasting one week. For tonight's matches, there is a topic already open. Link is in the above post. ;)

Biggest Shock

The award of the Biggest Shock for Round 1 goes to Mike SM of Greece' date=' who defeated France 2-1. Cameroon (defeated England on penalties) were close behind.

[/quote']

not really as France played most of the youths apart from a few whereas Greece had a full strength squad :P;)

wanted to get out of the comp:o ...league promotion being main target:)

not really as France played most of the youths apart from a few whereas Greece had a full strength squad :P;)

wanted to get out of the comp:o ...league promotion being main target:)

And the match engine does't know that 90 rated players are better than 86 rated players.

looks like couple of people couldnt handle some bad results....

i just disagreed with seft classifying France v Greece as biggest shock... & it was not the case as ur pointing out....Greece fully deserved the win ;) in reality it was not a bad result for me :P

Argentina 0-3 Uruguay

A striker in Argentina has seen Argentina forced to play out a C side this season' date=' [u']meaning that Uruguay perhaps had a slightly better side.[/u] But in a hightly entertaining affair, it was the Uruguayans who came out on top over their South American counterparts thanks to three 2nd half goals, courtesy of Abreu, Arismendi and Scotti. Uruguay had much more possession, but an attacking Argentina side had 11 more shots. But Uruguay's hit ratio of 6 on target in 7 saw them have more shots on goal, and ultimately more goals.

For the record;

Argentina (3-5-2)

Abbondanzieri (90)

Ayala (90)

Heinze (92)

Cata Diaz (90)

Zanetti (94)

Lucho Gonzalez (93)

Maxi Rodriguez (93)

Riquelme (94)

Palacio (90)

Higuain (90)

Datolo (90)

Average Rating: 91

Uruguay (5-3-2)

Viera (88)

Diogo (89)

Caceres (89)

Scotti (89)

Gonzalez (87)

Alvaro Pereira (86)

Montelongo (85)

Arismendi (85)

Abreu (88)

Luis Suarez (89)

Pablo Garcia (88)

Average Rating: 87

Maybe it's not Argentina's dream line-up, but it's definitely better than mine...

Hmm tried out some new tactics, seems to have some damage limitation, as my 82 avg side lost only 1 nil to a 90 rated Russia (plus Hubocan) side. Was surprised to have more possessions and shots, and surprisingly, the match commentary was filled with Uzbek players names rather than Russia's. However, got plenty of 4's and 5's for match ratings despite being fit (>60%). Hope to build on this when i face Manchester City (Belgium) next. Doubt it will happen though. :o

For the record;

Argentina (3-5-2)

Abbondanzieri (90)

Ayala (90)

Heinze (92)

Cata Diaz (90)

Zanetti (94)

Lucho Gonzalez (93)

Maxi Rodriguez (93)

Riquelme (94)

Palacio (90)

Higuain (90)

Datolo (90)

Average Rating: 91

Uruguay (5-3-2)

Viera (88)

Diogo (89)

Caceres (89)

Scotti (89)

Gonzalez (87)

Alvaro Pereira (86)

Montelongo (85)

Arismendi (85)

Abreu (88)

Luis Suarez (89)

Pablo Garcia (88)

Average Rating: 87

Maybe it's not Argentina's dream line-up' date=' but it's definitely better than mine...[/quote']

I didn't actually check, hence why I said 'perhaps'. I was just going on what I remembered last time I checked the teams. Obviously he had improve it.

Does anyone know why Toonfan4life has left?

I warned people not to join if they were just going to leave.. :rolleyes:

Right.... it happens all the time so of course I can handle it' date=' I was only making a statement. :rolleyes:[/quote']

oh sorry i wasnt talking about you, i was saying how the another manager has quit.

Sorry for the misunderstanding :D

Lost 4-3 again :mad:

I need some more defenders and quick. Lucas Neill is next on my wish-list. :)

Not sold him yet.

Wales hold Sweden to a 3-3 draw, an Earnshaw brace and Ledleys first goal cancelled out Wilhelmsson x2 and Rosenbergs goals.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another win for Uruguay (Barca)!

flag_of_Paraguay.gif 2 - 4 flag_of_Uruguay.gif

Paraguay ........................................ Uruguay

A goal from Monaco's
Diego Perez
and another from Porto's
Cristian Rodriguez
gave the lead (2-0) to
Uruguay
in less than 10 minutes.
Paraguay
's
Valdez
and
Dos Santos
scored a goal each to give
Paraguay
the equaliser.

Atletico Madrid's
Forlan
scored just after the half-time to give
Uruguay
the lead and Getafe's
Albin
sealed the victory by scoring another in the hour mark.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Next up:

flag_of_Uruguay.gif VS flag_of_Nigeria.gif

Uruguay .............................. Nigeria

man20city20crest-1-1-1.gif

Read "Shocked" At Uzbekistan Loss

Belgium manager Mitchell Read has expressed his shock at his team's shock 2-0 loss at the hands of Uzbekistan. The Red Devil's, sporting big names such as Vincent Kompany, Axel Witsel and Jan Vertonghen, were outplayed by possibly the lowest ranked team in the comp.

The Uzbeks struck early in the 24th through Djeparov, who curled home off his right foot, just glancing past the near post. Shatskish secured the win in the 57th, who was given an almost open goal to thunder the ball home. The Red Devils barely got a look in, and with such highly rated players, this came as a shock to Read.

I just dont know how it happened, we were in the best form in the comp and now we suddenly lose to, well not a bad side, but not the best side either. Im hoping we can improve for the match vs Serbia