Australian Open

KopStar

Re: Australian Open

I couldn't care less if the sportsmen is English, Scottish, Welsh or Nor'n Irish, to me they're British. :)

The media really annoy me at times though, always overhyping and as a result more people slamming the sportsmen, and foreigners slamming Brits for overhyping, when it's in fact the media..

Anyway, with Miles coaching him I'm sure they'll look to work on this, and come the French I hope to see him reaching the latter stages (although I can't see him winning it). I think his best chance is in the US, and even then it will be very difficult, and Fed or Nadal will probably win.

I'm sure he will win a GS eventually, and from there on in the pressure is lifted, but it really depends on when that time is.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nadal Vs Verdasco turned out to be one of the best tennis games i have ever watched in my entire life. Loved every minute of the game. Both the players gave their heart and soul to the game. I really can't believe Verdasco made two double faults in the last game !!! He was 0-30 down when he double faulted giving Nadal 3 match points. But then he recovered well and made it 30-40, and then the second double fault. He must have been gutted (i was....). Not the greatest way to end the best match played in the Aussie Open this year. :o;)

Federer won. Question is who will play him in the final?

as for the womans go serena! dinara is yuck!

Nah, got to go against you there mate. For some reson i just can't stand the two William sisters. Go Safina !!! :P:D

Nadal Vs Verdasco turned out to be one of the best tennis games i have ever watched in my entire life. Loved every minute of the game. Both the players gave their heart and soul to the game. I really can't believe Verdasco made two double faults in the last game !!! He was 0-30 down when he double faulted giving Nadal 3 match points. But then he recovered well and made it 30-40' date=' and then the second double fault. He must have been gutted (i was....). Not the greatest way to end the best match played in the Aussie Open this year. :o;)

Nah, got to go against you there mate. For some reson i just can't stand the two William sisters. Go Safina !!! :P:D[/quote']

saw the full match and without a doubt the best match.. Did u see the 4th set? Verdasco went for broke and suddenly Nadal looked a bit flustred. And some of the best rallies I have ever seen. Verdasco having chance after chance to finish the point and time and time again nadal denies him and then from nowhere comes up with a blinder of a shot. What a match, what a player.

Rafa all the way

saw the full match and without a doubt the best match.. Did u see the 4th set? Verdasco went for broke and suddenly Nadal looked a bit flustred. And some of the best rallies I have ever seen. Verdasco having chance after chance to finish the point and time and time again nadal denies him and then from nowhere comes up with a blinder of a shot. What a match' date=' what a player.

Rafa all the way[/quote']

I could not see the entire match but i saw decent chunk of the game. I totally agree with you. Nadal did look a bit flustered, but imo only during Verdasco's service games. Nadals ball recoverly was unreal. The guy managed to retrieve balls that looked impossible to retrieve. The s the two of them played were phenomenal. I must say, i will not forget this game for yeras to came. ;)

I could not see the entire match but i saw decent chunk of the game. I totally agree with you. Nadal did look a bit flustered' date=' but imo only during Verdasco's service games. Nadals ball recoverly was unreal. The guy managed to retrieve balls that looked impossible to retrieve. The s the two of them played were phenomenal. I must say, i will not forget this game for yeras to came. ;)[/quote']

yeah some of the rallies were insane. And as the commentators mentioned you just have to go for something extra to win a point against Nadal. Hence lots of unforced errors. Winners in 3 figures as well:eek:

The last couple of points were terrific and frustrating in equal measure, Verdasco was so brave to try a drive volley at match point down and go on to win the point, only to then double fault next point. Fantastic match though, they both left everything out there.

My predictions so far have been shocking, so when I say Federer in 4 and Williams in straight sets I'd expect Safina and Rafa to win. :D

O well, i must say that i was really disappointed with the women's final. I really expected a much better performance by Safina, who had, tbh quite a horrible game. He lost the first set 6-0 !!! It was over in 20 minutes flat !!! Her services were horrible. She really has to work on them. Not a single service actually made Serena work, stretch to get the ball. Her serves were such that they came properly on to Serena's forehand so she could smash the ball across the court and from then on dictate the point. Safina played better in the second set but Williams was just too good (and Safina was not good enough). ;)

But credit must also be given to Serena who played really well. Four time winner of the Australian open now. :)

O well' date=' i must say that i was really disappointed with the women's final. I really expected a much better performance by Safina, who had, tbh quite a horrible game. He lost the first set 6-0 !!! It was over in 20 minutes flat !!! Her services were horrible. She really has to work on them. Not a single service actually made Serena work, stretch to get the ball. Her serves were such that they came properly on to Serena's forehand so she could smash the ball across the court and from then on dictate the point. Safina played better in the second set but Williams was just too good (and Safina was not good enough). ;)

But credit must also be given to Serena who played really well. Four time winner of the Australian open now. :)[/quote']

ye safina's serving was a real downfall. if i remember correctly in one service game she had 2-3 double faults. safina played badly but credit must go yo serena for not giving her a chance.

And it's all over.....

NADAL WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great match and Nadal deserved to win it. His 6th slam. He is almost inhuman. Question now is can Federer win his 14th???

Course he can win his 14th...

He showed today that he can equaly play with Rafa, I see his chance at Wimbledon.