Luuk de Jong

Guest Abdel Zizi

Guest Abdel Zizi

Luuk de Jong

1zfh8py.jpg

Club: De Graafschap

Born: 27 August 1990

Nationality: Dutch

Position: Striker/Attacking Midfield (Fwd/AM)

Foot: Right

Rating: 74

Luuk is a Dtuch forward currently playing for De Graafschap.

He was until recently just training with the first team but after a very bad run De Graafschap decided to turn wheel after the winter break.

They promised young Luuk a chance and he grabbed it with both, well legs:)

He now makes a deadly striker duo with De Graafschap loanie Ben Sahar.

Holland is going wild because they complement each other really good.

Luuk shoud have been a CF on SM: He is 1m88 and good with his head.

He gave Sahar the assist for the only goal this weekend.

Was substituted after 67 minutes but this is normal because the manager asked him to give all he got and then he would be substituted.

Marking 3 appearences with 1 start (this weekend), we can expect a lot more appearences from this kid and I'm pretty sure he will make it to on of the Dutch giants in 1 or 2 years.

Re: Dutch sensation

Good spot :)

It may also be nice to mention that he is the younger brother of Siem de Jong. Siem de Jong plays for Ajax, who rejected de Graafschap's loan offer. De Graafschap wanted to reunite the brothers but Ajax considered that they might need him as a valuable sub.

In my opinion Siem de Jong is slightly more talented than Luuk. But the latter is only 18 so who actually knows how this guy wil develop ;)

Guest Abdel Zizi

Good spot :)

It may also be nice to mention that he is the younger brother of Siem de Jong. Siem de Jong plays for Ajax' date=' who rejected de Graafschap's loan offer. De Graafschap wanted to reunite the brothers but Ajax considered that they might need him as a valuable sub.

In my opinion Siem de Jong is slightly more talented than Luuk. But the latter is only 18 so who knows how far he can get ;)[/quote']

Well said, I forgot to write it down, with this said, everybody will know it now.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Abdel Zizi

Started the last 2 games.

Got subbed after an hour last week and played the full game this week.

Looks like he cemented a place in the first eleven, unfortunatly de Graafschap aren't playing well.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Abdel Zizi

Update:

6 starts and 2 subs totalling 470 minutes with 1 goal.

A raise to 78 is more than likely.

Even more important is the growing interest from Netherlands finest, of whom he is already a target for their summer shoplist.

According to Voetbal International, De Graafschap attacker Luuk de Jong has attracted the interest of a string of Eredivisie teams with his good performances in the last couple of weeks.

Teams like Twente, Heerenveen and Groningen were already closely monitoring the situation of the 18-year-old, and Eredivisie giants PSV and Ajax have added their names to the list of interested teams.

L:uuk's elder brother Siem already plays for Ajax and the two will probably be delighted with the possibility of playing together again.

The Switzerland-born forward is a product of the De Graafschap youth academy and has made eight league appearances so far for the Doetinchem side. He scored once, in the match against Twente.

"I really enjoy playing for De Graafschap, but I want to develop as a player. I think that it's better for my development to play at a bigger side. I think I've deserved a transfer with my performances," said De Jong.

Guest Abdel Zizi

According to Voetbal International' date=' De Graafschap attacker Luuk de Jong has attracted the interest of a string of Eredivisie teams with his good performances in the last couple of weeks.

Teams like Twente, Heerenveen and Groningen were already closely monitoring the situation of the 18-year-old, and Eredivisie giants PSV and Ajax have added their names to the list of interested teams.

L:uuk's elder brother Siem already plays for Ajax and the two will probably be delighted with the possibility of playing together again.

The Switzerland-born forward is a product of the De Graafschap youth academy and has made eight league appearances so far for the Doetinchem side. He scored once, in the match against Twente.

"I really enjoy playing for De Graafschap, but I want to develop as a player. I think that it's better for my development to play at a bigger side. I think I've deserved a transfer with my performances," said De Jong.[/quote']

I have searched a bit and read some newspapers lately and the list of teams that want him is really impressive:

-Twente

-Utrecht

-Groningen

-Heerenveen

-Ajax

-PSV

-Foreign clubs (says his manager)

I think Ajax have the upper hand though, seeing his brother is playing there.

He is due to start in a hour against Heracles.

I hope he goes to Twente, N'Kufo wil be gone after this season.

A frontline with Arnautovic - De Jong - Elia would be stunning.

Guest Abdel Zizi

Re: Luuk de Jong

Luuk scored the one and only goal in his teams 1-0 victory against Heracles.

It was a very nervy game but Luuk showed his class.

Expect to see his reputation go up a notch again after today.

Guest Abdel Zizi

Mate' date=' theres yonks until he may or maynot go up agen.[/quote']

I said reputation, not rating ;)

BTW, forgot to tell he was man of the match and that he scored with an overhead kick.

Guest Abdel Zizi

In an interview made today, Luuk expressed his feelings towards a possible move (he wants to go in summer) and that he hasn't got a favorite team.

However, he admitted his idol is N'Kufo, which means speculation grow over a possible Twente transfer.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Abdel Zizi

Update: Luuk played almost the whole game yesterday in their surprise win over Heerenveen.

He was on of the best players out there and his total comes now to 10 starts and 2 subs.

It's also known now that he won't be going to Utrecht but a far better team.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Abdel Zizi

I have two updates, one is very important.

Luuk de Jong got his transfer to a big Dutch team.

FC Twente managed to sign him, he has signed for 3 years + 1 optional starting at June 1 2009.

I think this is the best move he could ever make because Twente are known for bringing up talent (recently Arnautovic, Elia, Brama, the signing of Kastrati, etc)

N'Kufo is expected to leave after this season and both Arnautovic and Elia are monitored by many good teams.

It looks like he'll get much playing time next season.

Stats update: 11 starts and 2 subs totalling 870 minutes with 2 goals.

• 1 month later...
Guest Abdel Zizi

Luuks team de Graafschap is mixed up in a playoff against RKC Waalwijk to stay in the first div.

RKC won the first game with 2-1, but de Graafschap won also 2-1 at home.

Luuk de Jong scored the 2-1, keeping his soon to be old team in the race.

Wednesday is the final, can Luuk hold de Graafschap in first div and leave like a hero?