Iliyan MICANSKI

Trent

photo_verybig_61493.jpg

Iliyan MICANSKI [rated 78, 23yo, Fwd/Wing] is currently leading the voting for Best Player of the 1st half of the season [in the Polish 2nd devision] Award. The talented Bulgarian has been leading the goalscoring charts and he's definitely one to watch for the future - moving to a better European club or making a comeback to Bulgaria with one of the top teams.

Micanski has 21 goals since the start of the season.

photo_big_66696.jpg

Re: Iliyan MICANSKI

Gathered the news about him from Bulgarian sports site Gong.Bg, so you can see a more detailed info on the lad.

The info will be posted in the chronological order - starting from the newest to the oldest.

29th October

The Bulgarian striker Micanski turned into a hero for his Zagljeble side with 4 goals in the 4:1 away win over Promjen for the Polish Cup.

The visitors took the lead in the 32nd minute when Micanski scored the first goal, while Gosciniak got Promjen back on level terms in the 55th.

Only three minutes later Micanski got his second and in the following attack, the Bulgarian striker got his hattrick. The 4th goal came in the last minute of the match.

4th October

Micanski scored twice in the 3:0 win over Varta Poznan in a fixture of the Polish 2nd devision.

Micanski opened the scoreline after 21 minutes of play and 8 minutes into the second half he completed the convincing win.

Zagleblje are leaders in the table with 28 points, 2nd place is for Widzew Lodz.

28th September

Micanski scored the first goal for Zagljeble's 3:0 win over Odra Opole in the 13th minute of the match. The Bulgarian was subbed off 6 minutes before time by Darius Yackevic.

7th September

Micanski scored his 10th league goal and 13th in total for the season in the away game to GKS Katovice.

The game finished 2:2, but Zagljeble took the lead witg goals from Mihal Golinski (11th minute) and Micanski (45th minute). In the last 10 minutes of the game GKS Katovice got the draw thanks to a desperate all out attack formation.

3rd September

For the 8th league fixture, Zagljeble demolished Tur Terek by 5:0, Micanski grabbing two goals in the process.

The Bulgarian opened the scoreline after 35 minutes, while 4 minutes later Pavlovski doubled the lead.

Two minutes before the break Micanski grabbed his second goal from a penalty kick. With those two goals the Bulgarian remained top of the goalscoring charts with 10 goals in 6 games [3 from the penalty spot].

In total, it seems that he oftenly scores more than one goal per game, so I'd be really pleased if he gets the attention of a bigger club next season.

• 3 months later...

photo_verybig_76807.jpg

Zagleblje Ljublin is getting closer and closer to their goal - a place in the Polish top devision. The Bulgarian striker Iliyan Micanski got his goal N23 this season, as the hosts from Odra were brushed aside by 3:0.

The win establishes Zagleblje in the 2nd place with 57 points, 3 behind Widzew Lodz, who also won their fixture. The 3rd placed Znic lost, which makes things easier for Micanski & Co., as they now have a 4 point lead. Still there are 5 more games to play and Zagleblje should be fighting till the very end.

Micanski is the undoubted leader in the goalscoring charts and he opened the scoreline today after 49 minutes. Golinski added the other two in the 74th and 87th minutes.

P.S.: this thread didn't have a reply for long because Mitsanski had an injury and for awhile he was either on the sub bench or making just a cameo appearance. I'm glad the setback hasn't killed off his hunger for goals, though, I hope his career in the future will only be getting bigger and better.

• 3 weeks later...

photo_verybig_78101.jpg

Iliyan Mitsanski scored a magnificent hattrick in Zagleblje's 4:0 win over Korona Kielce. The victory sees Zagleblje top the Polish 2nd devision and they only need a point in the remaining 2 games to seal their promotion.

In the next round they'll play against the total outsiders Kmita Zabierzhov, which basically means that Mitsanski & Co. can feel safe about playing in the top next year.

Iliyan Mitsanski has the magnificent 25 goals on his account and he's one of the most constant Bulgarians in Europe. In this game he was again in the foundation of the win, as he opened the scoreline on 42 minutes of play, while his other two came in the last two minutes of the match.

Zagleblje has 63 points, same as Widzew Lodz, who have a game in hand. Third and fourth placed are Bielsko Bjala and Korona Kielce with 55 points.

P.S.: it's a bit difficult with these news reports, because they always get different numbers - sometimes they count Mitsanski's goals for the cup too, other times they don't. But in the end a goal more or less doesn't make Mitsanski less sensational. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets a call up for the Bulgarian squad in the future, specially in such times when we're lacking striking force.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

photo_verybig_76807.jpg

Zagleblje Ljublin is getting closer and closer to their goal - a place in the Polish top devision. The Bulgarian striker Iliyan Micanski got his goal N23 this season' date=' as the hosts from [b']Odra[/b] were brushed aside by 3:0.

The win establishes Zagleblje in the 2nd place with 57 points, 3 behind Widzew Lodz, who also won their fixture. The 3rd placed Znic lost, which makes things easier for Micanski & Co., as they now have a 4 point lead. Still there are 5 more games to play and Zagleblje should be fighting till the very end.

Micanski is the undoubted leader in the goalscoring charts and he opened the scoreline today after 49 minutes. Golinski added the other two in the 74th and 87th minutes.

P.S.: this thread didn't have a reply for long because Mitsanski had an injury and for awhile he was either on the sub bench or making just a cameo appearance. I'm glad the setback hasn't killed off his hunger for goals, though, I hope his career in the future will only be getting bigger and better.

By Odra, I assume you mean Odra Wodzisław. They are in the top Polish division, so how could they be playing Micanski's team ?

I've never seen Micanski play before, but I might have to try and watch him next season. We might have another Lewandowski on our hands. . .:D Good find.

I really have no idea about the team name - it says just Odra in the Bulgarian news site Gong.Bg and I'm sticking just to that :D

I would be very pleased if Micanski turns out like Lewandowski, but I doubt he'll make that much of an impact. Thus, he's already at 80 [if I'm not mistaking].

• 2 months later...

Micanski managed to grab his first goal in the Polish 1st Devision, but sadly his team lost 1:4. Just 9 minutes in he got the opener, but until the half-time break it was already 1:2.

Three games for his club and in all of them they concede more than 4 goals :( Micanski is better off elsewhere, it seems like he's a swan amongst ugly ducklings...

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Micanski scores once more in the friendlies - after doing that against Liverpool, now he got on the scoresheet against Auxerre, helping his team win by 3:1 [total of 6 goals so far in the pre-season]

I seriously hope he goes on like that in the league...There are really, really big things in store for this guy. Apart from Gadzhev, I think he's the only other Bulgarian capable of reaching an 88+ rating in the future.