Kwadwo Asamoah

Ahmed

Kojo "Kwadwo" Asamoah is a Ghanaian international footballer who plays for Udinese as a striker.

20793143.jpg

Kwadwo Asamoah only made his Black Stars debut in November 2007, but has already signed and sealed a move from Ghanaian club Liberty Professionals to Italian team Udinese.

He was one of the best players in the Ghanaian league both last and the previous season. Asamoah can play in midfield and also strike at the same time.

Before the Nations Cup in 2008, Stephen Appiah was unavailable to play due to injury so he replaced him and was surprisingly handed his no. 10 jersey after most players decided to retire that jersey for the tournament.

The move to Italy from local club Liberty Professionals started as he headed to Bellinzona, heading to Torino on loan before settling at Udinese( on loan).

A bright start for him- he has started 2 Serie A games, came off the bench once and started for them in the Coppa Italia.

Summary:

League- 2 starts, 1 sub.

Coppa Italia- 1 start.

Currently not on the DB so watch out for him:)

Re: Kwadwo Asamoah

Cracking spot Ahmed, played the full 90 mins again yesterday against Napoli and looks a quality talent. He's on the DB at a mere 75, and we've still got at least 7 weeks until the Italian ratings, so a possibility of playing around another 10 games. If he does continue, can see him hitting around the 83 mark by then!

Cracking spot Ahmed' date=' played the full 90 mins again yesterday against Napoli and looks a quality talent. He's on the DB at a mere 75, and we've still got at least 7 weeks until the Italian ratings, so a possibility of playing around another 10 games. If he does continue, can see him hitting around the 83 mark by then![/quote']

Thank God you didn't post that an hour ago :o

I sent a ticket on Friday to get him added and he was put on the database yesterday. Luckily all my bids are now completed/accepted and I have him in every GC (bar 2) in which I compete in.

If he continues to start he's going to get a very nice rise.

Kwadwo Asamoah has been called up to the Ghana squad for the friendly next week against Egypt after impressing in Serie A with Udinese.

Rajevac(Ghana's coach) pinpointed his recent performances as to why he has made the Black Stars squad: "Asamoah would present us with some options but he is a good player who is playing at a higher level and it is important to work with him as we prepare the team."

• 2 weeks later...

He's continued to start in the Serie A and now has 6 leagues games under his belt. He also came on as a sub for the Ghana national team last week and played 9 minutes. SM take kindly to players who have played for their national team, so that should help his rise.

Time to buy him if you haven't already.

• 3 weeks later...

Kwadwo was a prominent figure in Udinese's draw with Roma as his energy was immense to the team.

His minutes are racking up!

His minutes and appearances are really good, in the UEFA Cup as well. He's just finding goals hard to come by.

I don't know whether his lack of goals is too much of a problem when you consider where he's been playing. His position on SM is quite decieving really. In real life Udinese play a 4-3-3 formation. Asamoah has been playing in the middle 3, rotating with Inler, D'Agostino and Isla. So as Udinese play with 3 attacking players, rotating between: Pepe, Sanchez, Quagliarella and Di Natale, so it's not really his job to be scoring goals.

If you look at Isla's stats (who plays in the same position as Asamoah), he has never scored a goal in his 42 game career. Likewise Inler has only scored 1 goal in the league from 26 games and D´Agostino (who's a more attacking player) has scored 4 in 26. So comparing Asamoah to playiers in the same position as him he's not doing too badly at all, even if he has only got 1 assist from his 14 games in all competitions so far.

wat does everyone rekon he'll rise to?

14 starts so far in Serie A, looking like a regular, add that the ratings will be done at least in a months time gives at least another possible 4 games, i'd say he's looking at 83 at the worst, but could get as far as 85/86 ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Ghana beat Benin 1-0 in their world cup qualifiers.

Kwadwo Asamoah came as a sub for Mathew Amoah around the 60th minute and he was very very lively.

A strong body with a left-foot, he weaved a couple of times through the defense the way Messi does it but his passes/crosses weren't the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Great find i'd be suprised if he doesnt get at least an 84 the 4 uefa cup appearances and the sub appearance for ghana might mean that SM will give him a big rise.

Apparently Inter are looking to sign him so

http://www.goal.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/04/09/1199857/report-inter-to-open-negotiations-for-genoa-pair-diego-milito--t

Dont worry that it says inter want to sign milito theres a paragraph about asamoah as well

Any opinions if this will be a good move for him? I know mourinho has stated that he wants to build a young team but is he really that good a player to hold down a starting spot at inter? Though he could be a possible replacement for mancini?

I have to admit I've been very impressed with what I've seen from him. Much better than that overrated Isla this forum seem to love. Asamoah has good vision, picks out some neat passes and is not nervous when he has the ball. Come to think of it he is quite like a mini Muntari.

As for the Inter links I'm not sure it'd be the right move. He's playing week in week out at Udinese and doing well. Well as long as he isn't exchanged for Rivas (from an Udinese perspective) :D.

Udinese have got a very good future ahead of them if they can keep hold of Asamoah, Handanovic, Zapata, and Alexis Sánchez. Now that CSKA are out, Udinese are the team I'm hoping win the UEFA ;).

I reckon Kwadwo is worth a shout at 85.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm really getting to like this player more and more by the game. He seems to have all the atributes that make a good midfielder (pace, strenght, fantastic vision, etc) and now he's showing he can score goals and get assists as well. I watched both legs Udinese against Bremen and he was was on the best players on show. What he has done since arriving in January is amazing. He's now picked up International experience, UEFA Quarter finalist, links with Inter (the best team in Italy) and played 1945 minutes in the half a season he's been here.

I'm thinking he'll get at least 85 and a positional change to CM/LM or LM/CM of course :).

I'm really getting to like this player more and more by the game. He seems to have all the atributes that make a good midfielder (pace' date=' strenght, fantastic vision, etc) and now he's showing he can score goals and get assists as well. I watched both legs Udinese against Bremen and he was was on the best players on show. What he has done since arriving in January is amazing. He's now picked up International experience, UEFA Quarter finalist, links with Inter (the best team in Italy) and played 1945 minutes in the half a season he's been here.

I'm thinking he'll get at least 85 and a positional change to CM/LM or LM/CM of course :).[/quote']

Always good to read an update on a player that I never see play!