Players underrated for their ability!

Torres+Gerrard

Re: Players underrated for their ability!

ok the everton comparison was unfair lol

roma did make some good progress in the league after 2000.

almost defended the scudetto

but if there is a reason for them to do so well in the league, it was because juve and milan were so busy preparing for later CL knockout rounds. in italy, we say, if you dont win, there is no difference btween 2nd and 4th.

their chance did improve after the scandal, by which time totti may have been past his best years

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Juan Carlos Valeron

One of Spain's Best CM's of the last 10 years.

Better than Guti

Better than Albelda

Better than De La Red

Better than Munitis

As good as Xabi Alonso

valeron is an attacking midfielder, albelda is a defensive midfilder, munitis is a winger/striker

HOW CAN YOU COMPARE THEM UNDER CM??!

Just like SM have him INCREDIBLY underrated they also have him in the wrong position. Valeron is the prototypical CM like Xavi, exact replica. And yes he is among the best Spanish CMs. And You can compare them, one is not bound to restrict comparisons between players in slightly different positions, can one not compare a RB and a CB to a large exstent. Here these players are about the same position so I can compare them. Valeron is immensely underrated and he is better than those aforementioned players.

Munitis used to play a more central position.

Maicon and Dani alves are worth 95.

Agger was brilliant during Skrtel's absence and deservs 91-92.

Riera - IMO he has better technique and shot than CR and is more complete (deserves 93-94).

Xabi Alonso. 93 represents the class he was last season very well but he has improved a lot and deserves 94-95

Del Piero is in the top 2 of Italian strikers so deserves 95 IMO

Ivica Olic has world class striking abilities and runs his heart out in every game. Hopefully his move to Bayern Munchen helps him to get his rating where it should be (93 maybe)

Last but not least: Eto'o is really going up to 97 really impressively

Yoann Gourcuff. Easily the best player of Bordeaux that is currently doing well and top player's of which are rated 91. Also perhaps the third best player (after Ribery and Toulalan) of the French National team. So, I believe that with the constantly high performance he's been showing this season (not to forget that he was great before too, only that he didn't get to show his skills very much in AC Milan though he played well there too as well as in the French U21 team and the U19 team that he lead to European champions 2005 with his completely dominant performance) rating of 92 should be minimum. I know, that very probably they wont give that good rating "so soon", but he'd deserve better than that if he continues playing on level he does, so 92 for the performance so far wouldn't be too much (and he only seems to play better all the time).

Maicon and Dani alves are worth 95.

Agger was brilliant during Skrtel's absence and deservs 91-92.

Riera - IMO he has better technique and shot than CR and is more complete (deserves 93-94).

Xabi Alonso. 93 represents the class he was last season very well but he has improved a lot and deserves 94-95

Del Piero is in the top 2 of Italian strikers so deserves 95 IMO

Ivica Olic has world class striking abilities and runs his heart out in every game. Hopefully his move to Bayern Munchen helps him to get his rating where it should be (93 maybe)

Last but not least: Eto'o is really going up to 97 really impressively

Agree with you about Maicon and Dani Alves - clearly the two best right backs in the world today.

Riera - I wouldn't say 93 or 94 for him - He has been playing regularly for Liverpool but to put him up alongside Riquelme, Sneijder, De Rossi or Van Der Vaart may be a little premature. 93 with Alonso, Arshavin, Simao and Joe Cole may be a little too soon too - perhaps a 92 is more likely - but that's just my opinion. Not more complete than CR either - neither have much of a defensive nature.

I wouldn't say that Del Piero merits being up there with Villa on 95 though.

Eto'o could well rise with the imperious form that Barca have been in so far this season.

i hope he goes up in the next rating changes but if not bassong should be at least 88 for me quality player,jagielka should be 90 for me this season his forms been top class and id say only arteta and maybe cahill has been better than him.

I think alonso should be 96 if mascheranos going to be 95, mascherano plays simple passes where as alonso can play passes of any nature and alonso has brought them towards a title challenge this year, i think westerman should get his 91 too and ederson should get 90 as well.

i hope he goes up in the next rating changes but if not bassong should be at least 88 for me quality player' date='jagielka should be 90 for me this season his forms been top class and id say only arteta and maybe cahill has been better than him.

I think alonso should be 96 if mascheranos going to be 95, mascherano plays simple passes where as alonso can play passes of any nature and alonso has brought them towards a title challenge this year, i think westerman should get his 91 too and ederson should get 90 as well.[/quote']

absolutely no way alonso is better than mascherano!

attack wise, alonso is only slightly better than mascher, but mascher is twice the defensive player alonso is.

add in there tremendous leadership skills, and unbelievable stamina

mascherano>>>>alonso

Ok, I figured out couple more:

John Terry. I think he's the best CB in the world at the moment and he should be 96

Julio Baptista. Has been pretty good and of course Italy isn't the most challenging league but deserves 92.. and maybe 93 in the future.

Mohamed Sissoko. Is really solid, kinda mix of Xabi Alonso and Mascherano IMO but definitely not as good as the two mentioned before. But deserves 92-93

Hyypiä is ''old'' and it's unlikely for him to get a rise especially now when he will probably be benched for most of the games but he's really solid and a killer in the air

attack wise' date=' alonso is only slightly better than mascher

[/quote']

dude, you're way off - masch is a bad attacking player - he's in the team for defensive duties and to win the ball and make the short pass to another player whereas alonso is far better going forward - look at his goals, assist totals and his overall play (e.g. alonso can strike a ball from 20 yards out and more often than not its on target or just off whereas with mascherano it usually ends up in the stands) and you'll see alonso is the far superior midfielder attacking wise

Mohamed Sissoko. Is really solid' date=' kinda mix of Xabi Alonso and Mascherano IMO but definitely not as good as the two mentioned before. But deserves 92-93[/quote']

how is sissoko like alonso - has he learnt to pass yet? he's more a bigger, stronger version of mascherano with poorer distribution and technical ability

dude' date=' you're way off - masch is a bad attacking player - he's in the team for defensive duties and to win the ball and make the short pass to another player whereas alonso is far better going forward - look at his goals, assist totals and his overall play (e.g. alonso can strike a ball from 20 yards out and more often than not its on target or just off whereas with mascherano it usually ends up in the stands) and you'll see alonso is the far superior midfielder attacking wise

[/quote']

that s a common mistake to make for those who dont watch football regularly

i watch at least half of liverpool s games. you may be forgiven for thinking mascherano is just another makelele, a drone whoes only task is to destroy

but he offers so much more, the times he go forward, i ve seen him beat 3 defenders like maradona lol, plus he has incredible passing range, almost as good as alonso's. his shooting leaves much to be desired for however.

most country's no.5 may be just an old fashioned destroyer...... not argentina's

can a liverpool fan come on and explain this to blur....as his views are always the polar opposite of mine, i swear to god he is just here to make my life difficult:confused:

the delusions reappear...

i watch at least half of liverpool s games.

really? you see I go to most liverpool games and from my far greater depth of knowledge of the team and the players strengths and weaknesses i can quite confidently tell you that alonso is the far superior attacking player of the two - pretty much anyone who's seen liverpool play either on tv or in person will tell you alonso's the far better player

can a liverpool fan come on and explain this to blur....as his views are always the polar opposite of mine' date=' i swear to god he is just here to make my life difficult:confused:[/quote']

i think you'll find that many liverpool fans will agree with what i am saying.

btw you may find that my views are the polar opposite because i know what i'm talking about lad ;)

the delusions reappear...

really? you see I go to most liverpool games and from my far greater depth of knowledge of the team and the players strengths and weaknesses i can quite confidently tell you that alonso is the far superior attacking player of the two - pretty much anyone who's seen liverpool play either on tv or in person will tell you alonso's the far better player

i think you'll find that many liverpool fans will agree with what i am saying.

btw you may find that my views are the polar opposite because i know what i'm talking about lad ;)

which end do you go in at anfield?

if you go to anfield, you are clearly not there to watch football if you think alonso is better player than mascherano

the local toilet cleaner go to anfield regularly to clean there, he s probably a lot older than me too, and can call me "lad", are you assuming that position? :D :D

which end do you go in at anfield?

lower cent' date=' main stand, anny road end - the part of the ground which the ticket is for! not a season ticket holder so have to apply for games and usually end up successful via net/phone/post application

if you go to anfield, you are clearly not there to watch football if you think alonso is better than mascherano

you've changed it from who is the better attacking player to who is the better overall player.

personally i wouldnt say that one or the other overall is the superior player - i'd say alonso is better attacking wise and is the better technical player and mascherano is better defensively and is the better athlete

since when did this debate turn into "is alonso a better attacker than masher?"

attack wise' date=' alonso is only slightly better than mascher[/quote']

lower cent' date=' main stand, anny road end - the part of the ground which the ticket is for! not a season ticket holder so have to apply for games and usually end up successful via net/phone/post application

you've changed it from who is the better attacking player to who is the better overall player.

personally i wouldnt say that one or the other overall is the superior player - i'd say alonso is better attacking wise and is the better technical player and mascherano is better defensively and is the better athlete[/quote']

i didnt change anything

i replied to your post that said "if mascherano is 95, alonso should be 96"

ridiculous. mascherano should be 2 better than whatever alonso is

i will say this now: mascherano is currently one of 3 best central midfielders in the world

and i still maintain my argument that as an attacker, alonso is only slightly better than mascherano, in that he packs a more accurate strike

The player that most springs to mind for me is Stephen Ireland. If Man City want to try and sign big name players next season, I hope he joins a good team in the top 6, where hopefully he can reach greater heights. Also Darren Fletcher and Curtis Davies come to mind.

i didnt change anything

you made a point that mascherano is the better attacking player and i responded to that

i replied to your post that said "if mascherano is 95' date=' alonso should be 96"[/quote']

and have a look to see who made that post ;)

ridiculous. mascherano should be 2 better than whatever alonso is

see previous post - no way should mascherano be two points ahead of alonso

Quote:

Originally Posted by burs

dude, you're way off - masch is a bad attacking player - he's in the team for defensive duties and to win the ball and make the short pass to another player whereas alonso is far better going forward - look at his goals, assist totals and his overall play (e.g. alonso can strike a ball from 20 yards out and more often than not its on target or just off whereas with mascherano it usually ends up in the stands) and you'll see alonso is the far superior midfielder attacking wise

i watch at least half of liverpool s games. you may be forgiven for thinking mascherano is just another makelele, a drone whoes only task is to destroy

but he offers so much more, the times he go forward, i ve seen him beat 3 defenders like maradona lol, plus he has incredible passing range, almost as good as alonso's. his shooting leaves much to be desired for however.

most country's no.5 may be just an old fashioned destroyer...... not argentina's

can a liverpool fan come on and explain this to blur....as his views are always the polar opposite of mine, i swear to god he is just here to make my life difficult

I'm a Liverpool fan and have seen 90% of their games this season so I hope I can bring little light to this argument. First things first: Both players are brilliant and even though they play the same position, they are really different. Xabi Alonso is more attacking and has a little bit better shot (Masch have made some neat goals but 70% of his shots don't threat the goalie) but Mascherano has better tackles, defensive skills and does the dirty work. Both are really intelligent on the pitch like midfielders really should be and I can't really decide which one is better. It wouldn't be wrong in any way if both of them had rating 95 by the end of the season. They're better than each others in their own way...

Now when I look at this I can see I didn't really bring any ''light'' to this but at least I got to say what I think

mascherano-terrific vision, excellent passing range with both foot, techically superb, phenomenal athlete, and an extremely mature and intelligent footballer who is only 24. if he was a few pounds lighter and more elegant looking, people will be hailing him as the new pirlo

alonso defensively ok, great technique and passing range, but inconsistent, slow and flat footed(sry lol)

no comparison to the argentine captain