Players overrated for their ability!

Guest TOM_HEMY

Re: Players overrated for their ability!

mate just saying diego milito deserves a 93 rating and IMO this season most genoa players should rise as they are having a brilliant season and milito has 15 in 23 most regular premiership strikers dont achieve that

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The players that are over-rated are those playing for big teams in small leagues. Barry Ferguson springs to mind. Week in, week out at Rangers he plays some great footie, and really makes the team tick. And, yeah, looks like a 91 rated player IN THAT LEAGUE. But, anyone remember what happened when he went to England? Didn't exactly set the league alight at Blackburn did he? I'm not picking on Rangers or Celtic but in all truth a lot of their top players are good Championship/bottom 10 Premier league players at best, and I think if they played in a bigger league against a better standard of player their ratings might well reflect their true abilities. I'm not knocking smaller leagues, but will Rangers or Celtic ever win the European cup? Unlikely. Because they don't have the players. And SM should reflect that. Yes their squads should clearly be superior to other teams in their league, but that's about it. In my opinion ofcourse. And no offence intended, though I'm sure some was caused:)

The players that are over-rated are those playing for big teams in small leagues. Barry Ferguson springs to mind. Week in' date=' week out at Rangers he plays some great footie, and really makes the team tick. And, yeah, looks like a 91 rated player IN THAT LEAGUE. But, anyone remember what happened when he went to England? Didn't exactly set the league alight at Blackburn did he? I'm not picking on Rangers or Celtic but in all truth a lot of their top players are good Championship/bottom 10 Premier league players at best, and I think if they played in a bigger league against a better standard of player their ratings might well reflect their true abilities. I'm not knocking smaller leagues, but will Rangers or Celtic ever win the European cup? Unlikely. Because they don't have the players. And SM should reflect that. Yes their squads should clearly be superior to other teams in their league, but that's about it. In my opinion ofcourse. And no offence intended, though I'm sure some was caused:)[/quote']

well where to start... ok first off using ferguson in your argument is not a great idea especially since he only has that rating for getting rangers to the uefa cup final but now with no european games this season and in no way the best player in the team and IMO his rating should go down to 89-90.

another thing i would like to say is that saying players in big teams from the smaller leagues are over rated because they have no chance of winning the champions league doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me as that sort of thing would mean teams like rangers, celtic, besiktas and so on so forth would need to be able to beat man u, bercelona, liverpool, inter milan and so forth to prove that the ratings of there players should be around the 90 mark.

oh and one more thing you should have used mendes instead of ferguson in your argument since mendes could be going up to either 89-90 (personally i think 89 since theres been no european competition) and he wasn't exactly a great player for porsmouth fc but on the other hand look at bentley has he been the same 91 rated player he was for blackburn.

My predictions:

Florent Malouda: 91 down to 89

Salmon Kalou: 92 down to 90

RICARDO CARVALHO: 94 down to 91.

Van Der Vaart: 94 down to 93.

Van Nistelrooy: 96 down to 95.- Controversial.

Actually to take the monkey of ur ratings the only one not controversialis Nistelrooy who along with Vaart will drop.. Rest are :eek::eek:

• 3 weeks later...

:

This the Fair Rating that i think :

1-

Messi 98 ok

2-

Eto'o 96 97 (should be 95 last season and back up to 96 now but by his goal record you cant deny him being 97)

Torres 96

Ibrahimovic 96

Rooney 96

3-

Villa 95 will get 96 in a season

Nistelrooy 95

Drogba 95

4-

Ronaldinho 94

Aguero 94

Totti 94

Kanoute 94 finally somone who agrees' date=' he has 12 in 8 now![/color']

Del Piero 94

Berbatov 94

Henry 94 this is ridiculous hes on fire this year 95/96 Raul 94 raul is playing brilliant 95

Toni 94

Mutu 94

3-

Adebayor 93

Tevez 93

Milito 93

Fabiano 93

Di NAtale 93

Forlan 93 should get his 94, scoring more then aguero

Klose 93

Benzema 93

Gomez 93

Trezeguet 93 should drop

id make these cahnges to your predictions

The players that are over-rated are those playing for big teams in small leagues. Barry Ferguson springs to mind. Week in' date=' week out at Rangers he plays some great footie, and really makes the team tick. And, yeah, looks like a 91 rated player IN THAT LEAGUE. But, anyone remember what happened when he went to England? Didn't exactly set the league alight at Blackburn did he? I'm not picking on Rangers or Celtic but in all truth a lot of their top players are good Championship/bottom 10 Premier league players at best, and I think if they played in a bigger league against a better standard of player their ratings might well reflect their true abilities. I'm not knocking smaller leagues, but will Rangers or Celtic ever win the European cup? Unlikely. Because they don't have the players. And SM should reflect that. Yes their squads should clearly be superior to other teams in their league, but that's about it. In my opinion ofcourse. And no offence intended, though I'm sure some was caused:)[/quote']

Umm, Okayyy:confused: Some of the players in the SPL have proven they are quality players against big teams in Europe and at international level. Think of players like Aiden Mc Geady, Scott Brown and Scott Mc Donald at Celtic, all quality players. (maybe Rangers don't have any quality players:D, oj) And Rangers and Celtic have both reached the finals of the UEFA cup in recent years, and have beaten big teams along the way, so the players have to be decent at least

• 1 year later...

Umm' date=' Okayyy:confused: Some of the players in the SPL have proven they are quality players against big teams in Europe and at international level. Think of players like Aiden Mc Geady, Scott Brown and Scott Mc Donald at Celtic, all quality players. (maybe Rangers don't have any quality players:D, oj) And Rangers and Celtic have both reached the finals of the UEFA cup in recent years, and have beaten big teams along the way, so the players have to be decent at least[/quote']

Ok so when Celtic and Rangers best players are available where do they go?

Man U? Chelsea? No. Not even Bolton and Blackburn. Most of them seem to have ended up at Middlesborough in the Championship. And whats happened to their ratings since they moved? You tell me. Think recent developments have born out my theories. How many SM Celtic managers hung on to McDonald when he went south of the border? And again, what happened to his rating (and his form)? Please, they were clearly over-rated playing in Scotland. Don't care what you say, some of the teams Boydy was scoring against were at a similar level to league 1 clubs in England. Point made bud;)

Ok so when Celtic and Rangers best players are available where do they go?

Man U? Chelsea? No. Not even Bolton and Blackburn. Most of them seem to have ended up at Middlesborough in the Championship. And whats happened to their ratings since they moved? You tell me. Think recent developments have born out my theories. How many SM Celtic managers hung on to McDonald when he went south of the border? And again' date=' what happened to his rating (and his form)? Please, they were clearly over-rated playing in Scotland. Don't care what you say, some of the teams Boydy was scoring against were at a similar level to league 1 clubs in England. Point made bud;)[/quote']

Lol you made your point, but do you realise that you quoted a post made a year and 4 months ago? The Celtic/Rangers players who have gone to Middlesbrough should drop, they can't have an 89 (Boyd) playing in the Championship.

Lol you made your point' date=' but do you realise that you quoted a post made a year and 4 months ago? The Celtic/Rangers players who have gone to Middlesbrough should drop, they can't have an 89 (Boyd) playing in the Championship.[/quote']

Ha true! No i didn't realise. Guess I'm just arguing with myself then! Even so, its nice to be at least a bit right - even if I've had to wait a while for my point to be proven

This is what happens when you have the whole summer off work :)

Ha true! No i didn't realise. Guess I'm just arguing with myself then! Even so' date=' its nice to be at least a bit right - even if I've had to wait a while for my point to be proven

This is what happens when you have the whole summer off work :)[/quote']

Well you're guaranteed to win it then :D Feel free to carry on