Mark Davies - Bolton

fatshaft

Born: 18 February 1988

Nationality: English

Position: Central Midfield

Rating: 77

Just transferred from Wolves where he had been farmed out to league 2 Leicester, rated 77 and never moved from that spot, should be due a boost as he seems to have been signed to fill the Nolan/McCann role and be a starter.

No guess on rating, but prem team will take him well into the 80s.

Guest Mr. Razzcocks

Re: Mark Davies - Bolton

Nolan now just been sold to Newcastle' date=' looks like Davies being lined up as a regular.[/quote']

Chris Basham is ahead of Davies in the queue of central midfielders.

Im a leicester city fan and Mark Davies was on loan to us for like a month. I watched him play a couple of times and i have to say he really is Premiership Quality. Bargain buy for 1 million from Wolves. Leicester should of out bidded Bolton though :D I think he will slot in fine, and could hit 85 if he plays as good for Bolton as he did for Leicester. I rate this guy so much :)

Hes class, shames hes gone to red-head gary megson:mad:

Born: 18 February 1988

Nationality: English

Position: Central Midfield

Rating: 77

Just transferred from Wolves where he had been farmed out to league 2 Leicester' date=' rated 77 and never moved from that spot, should be due a boost as he seems to have been signed to fill the Nolan/McCann role and be a starter.

No guess on rating, but prem team will take him well into the 80s.[/quote']

Oh yeah one more thing. Dont you ever say Leicester are League 2 again!

Were err.. League 1:mad:

Were going up though :D and then up to the prem :rolleyes:

He's come from nowhere really to suddenly becoming a Prem starter. Wolves youngster, on loan in League 1, next thing you know he's in the Prem and starting.

Played well, although at 77 rated is a bit too expensive a gamble for me. If he starts the next few games, only THEN will I spill out. :)

A good spot.

watched the game against spurs today he was the best midfielder on show by a mile great debut

a real gem for the future if he continues to play like that

Aye as also mentioned by MOTD' date=' he was a shining light yesterday. Didn;t make the game as my son wasn't in the mood :mad: , but anyway a thread was started on the Bolton forums about his performance yesterday - says it all for me.

As a new SM.com-er, I have no idea how the ratings rises go, but this lad will shoot up no doubt.

I know it's his first full game for us, but Mark Davies looks the player we've been screaming for, for years!

I know Megson's ultra defensive, protect the lead attitude can have us wanting to cut of our own heads at times, but his signings (less one) have all improved our team. Now he's trying to sign on of the best potentials in the world today. If he gets him, we'll have gone from a slow, workmanlike, frustrating midfield, to one the rest of the Premiership will fear.

That kid today looked immense, exciting, creative, pacy. If he's genuinely as good as he was today I'll be one happy bunny! Due to the fact he cost us sod all, and we have him on a four and a half year contract.

World Class: 95 - 99

Top Premiership player, International: 90 - 95

Premiership regulars: 85 - 90

Championship regulars: 80 - 85

League 1 regulars: 75 - 80

Etc

But if he becomes a regular for Bolton, he will eventually hit between 85-90.

BUT SM tend to increase players gradually, so hypothetically he would hit around 83 (give or take 1) in the next changes, then around 86 in the next. After that it all depends on how well he plays, but if he plays as well as he did today, then 87-88 is on the cards next season.

But this is hypothetical, so lets not hype him too much after one game. That is, after all, the downfall of the English. ;)

He is quality as a bolton fan he is the best midfielder we have had since okocha. He has only played 2 games so far but for a 20 year old he is so confident on the ball great at picking out a pass. He took it past 4 spurs players when he went on a run. I would expect him to rise to 86 the same as Muamba is rated on here.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...