Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

Vlad

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Re: FIFA World 2010 Discussions Thread

South Korea beating Greece 1-0 atm.

I'm supporting SK and South Africa after England of course. I quite like Korea. :P

You know, I'm not watching the match but I remember in 2002 S. Korea was litterly beating/hitting Italy then Spain :P

I support Italy, Japan, England.

The shocking thing is that I was surprised that the ape got a job and he actually got a big wage. He's just going to rob your football federation' date=' trust me. ;)[/quote']

i was surprised to as after all he'd quit managing us before in the past but meer maybe he can kick our team with 'potential' into fighters

Re: Respuesta: Re: FIFA World 2010 Discussions Thread

Yes' date='the referee(Al Ghandour) kick out Spain of the WC.One of the most sad days in the history of spanish football.:mad:[/quote']

A bit of topic, but who remembers the Spain manager Camacho who always had sweaty armpits. Has he not heard of a thing called 'deodorant'. :P

Re: Respuesta: Re: FIFA World 2010 Discussions Thread

Yes' date='the referee(Al Ghandour) kick out Spain of the WC.One of the most sad days in the history of spanish football.:mad:[/quote']

I remember watching that match at the school and I supported Spain then in the WC and I got completly mad and I almost destroyed the chair I sat at :o

Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Discussions Thread

LMAO at all these haters on England... the thing that makes me LOL the most is that your all glory hunters, never been to a game in England to see your team and ? If you hate our country why support a team from it? Imbecile's.

LMAO at all these haters on England... the thing that makes me LOL the most is that your all glory hunters' date=' never been to a game in England to see your team and ? If you hate our country why support a team from it? Imbecile's.[/quote']

The EPL is the best league in the world.....

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: FIFA World 2010 Discussions Thread

I remember watching that match at the school and I supported Spain then in the WC and I got completly mad and I almost destroyed the chair I sat at :o

I couldn't sleep that night.We had a very competitive team with Joaquin,Mendieta,Hierro,Raul and company so I cried a the end of the match.Really annoying.:(

But if you hate England.. why support a team from England which consists most England players' date=' the top sides anyway.[/quote']

I don't really hate England but people hate them because of other none footballing reasons or because of rivalries, like the Germans, Argentinians etc.

Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: FIFA World 2010 Discussions Thread

I couldn't sleep that night.We had a very competitive team with Joaquin' date='Mendieta,Hierro,Raul and company so I cried a the end of the match.Really annoying.:([/quote']

Yep, and the Koreans played very dirty against Italy too and to be honest, they shouldn't have won the game against Italy too if it weren't for the help they got from the refeeres.

Watch :(

Yep' date=' and the Koreans played very dirty against Italy too and to be honest, they shouldn't have won the game against Italy too if it weren't for the help they got from the refeeres.

Ermmmm, what about the Italians claiming Hwan's goal was not legitimate? :P

Ermmmm' date=' what about the Italians claiming Hwan's goal was not legitimate? :P[/quote']

South Korea would never really won the game if there was a non-payed referee who was judging. Atleast half the team would have had red cards before 90 minutes.

I don't really hate England but people hate them because of other none footballing reasons or because of rivalries' date=' like the Germans, Argentinians etc.[/quote']

What have the Scottish and Irish got on us though? ;)

Yes rivalries but... when will we ever face them in a WC knockout stage? Just jealous because we are the only side in GB achieving something imo.

South Korea would never really won the game if there was a non-payed referee who was judging. Atleast half the team would have had red cards before 90 minutes.

You wouldn't be complaining if Vieri didn't miss a sitter. :P

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: FIFA World 2010 Discussions Thread

Yep' date=' and the Koreans played very dirty against Italy too and to be honest, they shouldn't have won the game against Italy too if it weren't for the help they got from the refeeres.

They should be proud...:rolleyes:

You wouldn't be complaining if Vieri didn't miss a sitter. :P

I am not so mad beacuse they knocked out Italy, I was more mad when they knocked out Spain and they used this way again. It's shocking to see games like this on the highest level.

I am not so mad beacuse they knocked out Italy' date=' I was more mad when they knocked out Spain and they used this way again. It's shocking to see games like this on the highest level.[/quote']

Like it or not, it's called tactics. It's part of football my friend.

Full Time, Korea win 2-0.

Why shouldn't have Ireland been in the Play-Offs' date=' just why? Yes we may not have won the match, but at least we wouldn't have been cheated out, but you wouldn't know would you, your team probably won their group and automatically went to the World Cup, well it isn't like that for some. We go through all that, France weren't even dominating, we had a good chance of winning and then our hopes are dashed away thanks to a cheat, so don't you try to tell me you wouldn't be moaning if this happened to you.

The game wasn't the best, I haven't seen many International tournaments, Euro 2004 being my first, but the game wasn't one of the best, even if the teams were cautious. Take the game going on now for example, 1-0 to South Korea, now it's end to end stuff, that's what I call a good game.[/quote']

Between one of the best and one of the most boring there's a lot of differences of degree and not being one of the best matches doesn't make a match one of the worst. Greece's all matches in the Euro you mentioned were worse and more boring than that Uruguay-France. That was the victory of anti-football. That was a case of not only one referee mistake, but of a constant abuse of rules of football and victory by absolutely worst football ever seen on that level. Fortunately that was probably one of the reasons to introduce the rule of three errors (was it three?) resulting in a yellow card and that kind of victory is unlikely happen again and we can enjoy some more fair and attacking football.

I can tell you, there's even possibility that the worst matches are not those that are most boring. Take your sweet South-Korea defeating Italy and Spain with huge referee bias in 2002 World Cup. Try and find a video of those matches. I like Korea too, in kung-fu, but they shouldn't be doing that on football field. They do kick bottoms, but they do it too literally. Those matches are not boring, they're quite exiting, but they are really bad, really really bad.

This Korea-Greece match looks like pinball to me. Two bad sides playing awkward football. Goals alone don't make good game.

And about Ireland whining, worse referee mistakes have happened, but I don't hear that whining continuing in other cases. France should have likewise not have had Lloris sent off in a decisive match against Serbia. Not a day of whining. Whole squad of South Korea should have been sent off in Italy clash 2002, but the Italian whining stopped few weeks after. And that wasn't one obscure situation, that was whole match long kicking the heads of the Koreans and false disallowing of Italian goal, a red card for nothing, etc. It was way more than one mistake, yet Italians, that you might falsely suppose being worse whiners than Irish, didn't demand rematch or anything like that.

Btw, Henry didn't "cheat", if you watch it, he couldn't have seen the ball or expected it to com there (Squillaci should have headed it before it, but he missed it), his hand was moving to that direction before the ball appeared there, and he pulled his hand off immediately after he had hit the ball. Yes, that goal should have been disallowed, yes, France wasn't dominating or even playing well (that was a bad match with two sides playing badly) and yes it wasn't nice that Henry celebrated that goal in such a way, but worse things happen in football, so you should try move on and not make it part of your national identity to whine about one unfortunate happening in your football history. I can't remember whining in football ever before taking such a massive dimensions. Tell me if you can, when has before the governments federations even enterprises started ridiculously huge campaigns of whining for an event in football. And it only was one lousy handball, a referee mistake that happens very often in football - Henry took advantage of it, but that too happens all the time in football and that doesn't cause massive government lead campaigns or result in players being called cheats. I don't hear you calling Keane a cheat nor anybody talking about "Hand of Mick" in reference to the Georgia clash. And I refer to two Georgia clashes, when I say Ireland shouldn't have been in playoffs in first place. That's of course only if you start the ifing with France's place. There's at least as good a case against Ireland here.

Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: Respuesta: Re: FIFA World 2010 Discussions Thread

Like it or not' date=' it's called tactics. It's part of football my friend.

Full Time, Korea win 2-0.[/quote']

Spain scored two legal goals...Helguera and Morientes if I'm right.Korea 0.