Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

Vlad

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Discussions Thread

I have no doubts that If Villa were 22 cm more back he would not score the goal. Ricardo Costa would block both' date=' the pass and the 2nd shot. I have also no doubts that David Villa should not have played at least last game against Chile. As he should have been sent off against Honduras by punching a player. I am not sure, but straight red card and aggression should be more than one game and he shouldn't play yesterday if Spain had won Chile.

But this is me, with mine[i'] conspiracy theories[/i].. :rolleyes:

Maybe Lord Triesman was right after all? ;)

Guest Scout Maker

lol.. all your danger situations were also blocked.. :confused: Llorente 1st header was straight to keeper' date=' only if was Green would have been goal. 2nd header our keeper controlled the ball. The Almeida jump with Casillas not was foul. If we would swap a Mexican assistent by a European assistent with no relations with Spain would not be a goal. If we had swapped Ronaldo by Eusebio, Simão by Figo we would win this easily. [/quote']

Yes they were blocked by your keeper who kept you in the game. Torres had a good shot saved, Villa had a few and Ramos was so close to scoring. The 1st header was straight at the keeper yes, but what I mean is, it was a great chance, like the second one, what I'm trying to say is that if it was Villa or Pique e.c.t it would have probably gone in. Yes the Almeida jump was not a foul, but Almeida would not have been able to get the ball without fouling Casillas.

Maybe Lord Triesman was right after all? ;)

who's him? the man that said' date=' in a football game are 11 vs 11 and Germany always wins? :confused:

Yes they were blocked by your keeper who kept you in the game. Torres had a good shot saved, Villa had a few and Ramos was so close to scoring. The 1st header was straight at the keeper yes, but what I mean is, it was a great chance, like the second one, what I'm trying to say is that if it was Villa or Pique e.c.t it would have probably gone in. Yes the Almeida jump was not a foul, but Almeida would not have been able to get the ball without fouling Casillas.

If i have not mistaken, Spain have + or - 6 chances(+goal) and Portugal + or - 4. Chances of real danger. If we had 1/2 of Eusebio instead of Ronaldo, we would have won ;p

At least we finally get a decent LB and a decent GK. The wholes we had in our XI where the RB, where Bosingwa will start after recovering his injury, the wing we had Ronaldo as Nani was injured and we also used Pepe at 10% and had a Deco at 30% of his best. We should do better next time :X Need to up the head.. :|

is this for real?? people still going on about a game that happened last night jeez... get over it..

Of course i will not speak about your beautifull eyes and about the weather.. :rolleyes:

Guest Scout Maker

If i have not mistaken' date=' Spain have + or - 6 chances(+goal) and Portugal + or - 4. Chances of [u']real[/u] danger. If we had 1/2 of Eusebio instead of Ronaldo, we would have won ;p

We totally outplayed you, we only sat back when we got the goal because we didn't want another Switzerland. There were only two points in the match when I was frightened you might score. When Puyol nearly scored an OG and when that shot got blocked in the last minute but that didn't turn out to be anything special.

We totally outplayed you' date=' [b']we[/b] only sat back when we got the goal because we didn't want another Switzerland. There were only two points in the match when I was frightened you might score. When Puyol nearly scored an OG and when that shot got blocked in the last minute but that didn't turn out to be anything special.

did you play?:P

What match is on Sunday night/Monday morning for Australia? The TV guide isn't clear and all the different times are confusing me :o
Hi Leeds...Wrong Days.

For Sydney' date=' Australia :[indent']Argentina X Germany: 12:00:00 Midnight Sunday July 4, 2010

Paraguay X Spain: 4:30 a.m. Sunday July 4, 2010[/indent]

Hi Leeds...Wrong Days.

For Sydney' date=' Australia :[indent']Argentina X Germany: 12:00:00 Midnight Sunday July 4, 2010

Paraguay X Spain: 4:30 a.m. Sunday July 4, 2010[/indent]

I invited a mate around Sunday night to watch the Argentina V Germany game as well :o

Thanks very much though Johnny :D

Appranrly Howard Webb has missed out on the chance of reffing a quarter final match, don't no how considdering he's been one of the best refs in the tournment, had a great brazil-chile game if thats the one he did ref.

Appranrly Howard Webb has missed out on the chance of reffing a quarter final match' date=' don't no how considdering he's been one of the best refs in the tournment, had a great brazil-chile game if thats the one he did ref.[/quote']

I think he deseves it, he's been the best ref by miles!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/worldcup/2012249878_wcrail01.html

Oh dear, it looks like Germany's World Cup run is about to end, seeing as Paul the octopus has predicted Germany to triumph over Argentina in their World Cup Quarter-Final clash this weekend. "Why", I hear you cry? Due to the fact that Paul's success rate at the Euro 2008 championships was 80% - i.e. four out of five. And seeing as he's already predicted four results correctly, Germany are set to lose against Argentina.

If you have any sense, you will go right to the bookies and put every dime you own on Argentina to progress to the semi-finals of the World Cup!

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/worldcup/2012249878_wcrail01.html

Oh dear' date=' it looks like Germany's World Cup run is about to end, seeing as Paul the octopus has predicted Germany to triumph over Argentina in their World Cup Quarter-Final clash this weekend. "Why", I hear you cry? Due to the fact that Paul's success rate at the Euro 2008 championships was 80% - i.e. four out of five. And seeing as he's already predicted four results correctly, Germany are set to lose against Argentina.

If you have any sense, you will go right to the bookies and put every dime you own on Argentina to progress to the semi-finals of the World Cup![/quote']

Good to see that logic remains on the forum... :D

I'm backing Germany all the way, for better or for worse.

SPAIN :

Torres has been pretty much ineffectual
so far this tournament. Not necessarily his fault. But it didn't escape any of us that when Llorente came on versus Portugal that the Spanish attack picked up not to mention looked like it had more ideas.

IMO there is little chance of Torres starting
the next match versus Paraguay.

I'd love to see a way for Spain to get both Fabregas & Xavi
as well as Iniesta & DVilla into the same Starting XI. The only way I figure they can do that is something like this :

Casillas

Ramos Pique Puyol Capdevila

Busquets XAlonso

Fabregas Xavi Iniesta

DVilla

The problem with that line-up
of course is that DVilla works best when he gets the ball on the left-hand side. Precisely where Iniesta would be occupying.

In any regard, I think this match is a good time to sit Torres initially.
Even if that means Llorente starting in his place up front.

Guest Higgy

Completely agree Johny, although I don't agree with that lineup. I really don't see why Torres keeps starting over Llorente tbh.

SPAIN :

Torres has been pretty much ineffectual
so far this tournament. Not necessarily his fault. But it didn't escape any of us that when Llorente came on versus Portugal that the Spanish attack picked up not to mention looked like it had more ideas.

IMO there is little chance of Torres starting
the next match versus Paraguay.

I'd love to see a way for Spain to get both Fabregas & Xavi
as well as Iniesta & DVilla into the same Starting XI. The only way I figure they can do that is something like this :

Casillas

Ramos Pique Puyol Capdevila

Busquets XAlonso

Fabregas Xavi Iniesta

DVilla

The problem with that line-up
of course is that DVilla works best when he gets the ball on the left-hand side. Precisely where Iniesta would be occupying.

In any regard' date=' I think this match is a good time to sit Torres initially.[/b'] Even if that means Llorente starting in his place up front.

Good thought, but I recall Del Bosque already said that Torres will start. No matter how ineffective he has been, he nevertheless does occupy some defenders and leave Villa to the surprise attacker role. Iniesta and Xavi practically fill all the AM posts. I understand why you would like to see that formation, but I don't think it would be as effective as the current one, because you would basically have 2-3 lower play makers and only one striker. It would be quite maladroit 4-2-3-1 and if you compare that to Brazil's, wherel both Robinho and Elano play sort of forward/AM roles, making lots of runs, I just don't see neither Xavi nor Fabregas playing effectively that high. Not to mention Xabi Alonso. These are good players, but with those tactics Villa ans Iniesta would be easily marked and be it that both Cesc and Xavi are excellent attack wise, they can't play forward positions. Think about their club teams: it is not only Xavi and Messi in Barca, there's always 2 other strikers aside of Xavi, Iniesta and Messi in that XI; in Arsenal, there's perhaps only one striker, but above Cesc there's nevertheless Arshavin and some other winger and possibly behind him either Diaby or Nasri, perhaps Eboue, but always someone who makes runs forward. True, Xabi Alonso can occupy more attacking position for Spain, because Busquets takes more defensive duties, but he still is not an attacking player. Del Bosque seems wise to me when he sacrifices one striker in order to make his attack in whole work , be it that he would perhaps be wiser if he chose Llorente to be that striker instead of Torres. Although, Villa played very well as a CF against Honduras the last minutes when Mata was on left flank, but then again, that was Honduras. Anyway, that system, with Mata on left and then Iniesta on right and Xavi still in the middle and Villa as CF, could work out fine.

I agree that this would be a good place to try to play without Torres. On the other hand, Del Bosque might want to give his star another chance to find his form and confidence for the semi-finals: benching Torres now could practically mean not having him in rest of the tournament, and he is potentially one of their most dangerous players.

Diego Maradona pledged to move through Buenos Aires naked if Argenitna won the world cup. Verdict - I doubt many of us want to witness such a gross sight.

The Argentinian assistant manager extended a free invitation to the player who scored the winning goal in the final to enter him from behind. Verdict - I very much doubt if the likes of Messi/Tevez/Higuain will queing up with such a prize at stake.

Larissa Riquelme(goofle!!!) has pledged to roam naked if Paraguay were to win the World Cup. Verdict - Common Paraguay!!!!!:D