Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

Vlad

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Discussions Thread

I wouldn't be too smug if I was you. The Germans haven't started yet. Anything could happen!

Yep. But we have actually good GKs. We have more than we need.

Something like this would never happen to a German goalkeeper. Never. Ever.

Maybe to Rensing. But I still doubt that he is a real German ;)

Seriously guys' date=' everyone knew that the GK position was the weakest in England's squad....but for it to be this bad...Capello's reaction says it all.[/quote']

Capello's reacts like he's angry even when we scored, typical Italian. ;)

Lol actually had a premonition that something like that would happen to Green, I remember him kicking it once and thought he was gonna miss it and it was gonna go in.

Aside, everytime Andy Townsend speaks my ears bleed. Those horns are annoying but nothing compared to him.

To analyse, Gerrard is infinitely better in the middle, we need to get the ball out wide more as crosses have them troubled, Rooney needs to drop a little deeper so he can get more possession too. Oh and Hart should have started but you all know that already ;)

Glory hunter simple' date=' claim your a United fan, spell your own country wrong and come calling England, come back when your country qualify's for something.[/quote']

Kind of agree with Jake as im a Man Utd fan and I live in Wales but when England play I will support them as its a bit hypocritical to support a team from a different Country and then cheer when that Country is losing, dont get me wrong if Wales play England then I want Wales to win but as they aerent in South Africa then i'll support England and the fact that im British.

back to the thread, it was a decent-ish 1st half for England some slick moves up top, then there was that clanger, Nevermind heads up

Glory hunter simple' date=' claim your a United fan, spell your own country wrong and come calling England, come back when your country qualify's for something.[/quote']

I ain't a Glory Hunter if i was a Glory Hunter i would have supported Chelsea by now. It's not my fault i can't see Man Utd. :rolleyes::mad:

And it's not my fault Scotland can't qualify ok so calm down. You only drawing FGS.

Since when is England drawing my fault.

I don't mind England but it nice that they fail once in a while so they can be just as bad as us.

My problem is all honesty i'll admit it know and it's the same with many people i know because they only want England to lose because I personally am envious that they can to finals.

My best moment as a football was a deaft :(.

Guest JackWWFC

I ain't a Glory Hunter if i was a Glory Hunter i would have supported Chelsea by now. It's not my fault i can't see Man Utd. :rolleyes::mad:

And it's not my fault Scotland can't qualify ok so calm down. You only drawing FGS

IMO unless you support your local team OR go to games you are a glory hunter in my eyes.

Something like this would never happen to a German goalkeeper. Never. Ever.

In top of my head it's this assist for Ronaldo.. i know he was the best player of tournment and a great keeper' date=' but still.. :P

[YOUTUBE']LIVpYZ8oehQ[/YOUTUBE]

i not found in youtube when Kahn in an attacking corner put the ball in goal punching the ball.. it was playing for Bayern.. ^^

What a goal.

There's only one Rob Green :P

People like you really **** me off. So its ok to support our English clubs then? But, when it's our national team you hate us. I really respect people from Wales, Scotland, Ireland etc who show our country respect by chearing us on. When Wimbledon is on, I always cherr on Andy Murray or I always want the home nations to qualify for the World Cup/Euros. Like what Jake says comeback when your countries won something. Oh sorry, doubt you could qualify for a major tournament anyway. Typical glory hunter. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Come on England! Head up Green, everyone makes mistakes. Rooney and Lamps to score in the second half and England win 3-1. :D

Right, first of all, happened with ITV for the goal? Absolutely bleeding ridiculous. Who on earth do they employ? Same thing happened in Euro 2008 too when Germany scored the winner when it went to a break, now a more high profile occasion. Absolutely ridiculous.

Secondly, I've said all along I think Hart should be #1 and I stick by that now more than ever. Don't get me wrong - James and Green are great shot stoppers but they're prone to mistakes and now Green's gone and given away one which could prove very costly. Hart may not have the experience on his side, which is why I understand why Capello prefers Green, but he is far and away the most consistent of the three 'keepers. That said, I felt really sorry for Green when it happened, hopefully he'll be able to put it behind him.

Thirdly, I knew it would be like this. USA dominating possession, England a little nervy, not really running at their defense which has proved to be a little fragile. Lampard and Rooney have barely been involved. We need to get the ball down, pass and move, pass and move, do what we can do. Give it to Lennon to run at them, get Gerrard/Lampard causing them problems, let Rooney weave his magic.

Tbh neither side was better out there, both had decent chances, but if it continues like this USA could very easily come away with the win. England need to wake up. They're not playing anywhere near their potential and as I said earlier, USA WILL punish us if the players don't pull their socks up.

Now, back to watch the second half. I stick by my prediction of a 1-1 draw, but it's going to be a nervy 45 minutes. A draw in all honesty would be a decent result, but a win would relieve a lot of pressure for the next game and also a draw could see USA top the group, even if we both qualify. Meaning we could face Germany, then Spain. So, ye, a draw would be good enough in terms of reaching the knockouts, a win is really important though in terms of actually winning the group.

I did remember. :D

Gutierrez playing RB? Oh dear.

Also good to be able to watch Enyeama play for the first time. Have heard a lot about him' date=' including Hesse making a thread about him a year or two back. Looking good so far, a couple of cracking saves.[/quote']

Leeds United wingers. :)

:D

Both born in Leeds as well. First time two Leeds-born players in the England team god knows how long.

IMO unless you support your local team OR go to games you are a glory hunter in my eyes.

Not at all. But that's a different discussion for a different thread.

I do support my Local team Aberdeen am a season ticket holder.

I will try for the rest of the World cup to support England.

The weird thing is don't mind the English in any other tourament.

I will probably reget this but c'mon England it'll be good for Britain.

Anway it will be intersting to see how Green plays. I wiss Hart had played.

One thing what does Scotland not geting to a major finals in ages have to do with this.

Tottaly unrealted anway let's leave it there. I support England in Cricket anway :).

Edit: i'll leave it there. Best of luck England anway is it allright if i can still hate Terry and Cole i despise them

And it's not my fault Scotland can't qualify ok so calm down. You only drawing FGS.

Since when is England drawing my fault.

I don't mind England but it nice that they fail once in a while so they can be just as bad as us.

My problem is all honesty i'll admit it know and it's the same with many people i know because they only want England to lose because I personally am envious that they can to finals.

My best moment as a football was a deaft :(.

So killing out the hate against England all over the Forum including your profile. No it isn't your fault Scotland can't qualify but your tryna to take the micky out of a side that has, which makes me LOL, then you support a club from England and it's a team you have never seen live so.. :rolleyes: