Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

Vlad

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Discussions Thread

Yes it is. That's how ze/de German's say Cote d'Ivore ot Ivory Coast. :)

But' date=' you should see the German word for squirrel, Eichhörnchen. :D[/quote']

i can barely read that, now pronounce, impossible lol

squirrel in spanish: ardilla:)

Ivory Coast in spanish: Costa de Marfil:)

That's a little unfair as it's a year ago and also it's one game and I believe prior to that loss they were unbeaten in about 20 odd games or so

I think group D is very interesting with four very good sides. Who do you guys think will go through from there? I can see Germany winning the group but the runner's up position is very tough to call. It'll be either Serbia or Australia' date=' I think.[/quote']

I would say Ghana for sure, if Essien's injury would hurt their chances so badly. Anyway, I've noticed that Serbia has been really really bad in their friendlies lately. They've got a good team on paper, but I don't believe that they'll live up to expectations. Even in qualification they weren't in my opinion as good as winning the group would make you think. So, to me it's Germany clear and then just anybody. Doesn't seem that tough group to me anymore, to be honest. Seemed like tougher half a year ago.

I think group D is very interesting with four very good sides. Who do you guys think will go through from there? I can see Germany winning the group but the runner's up position is very tough to call. It'll be either Serbia or Australia' date=' I think.[/quote']

I for one believe the Germans will win the whole tournament. I mean, they have a young squad, but the players are still routinated beacuse many of them has already played in their current clubs for some years now and they've been out in Europe (CL and EL) with them, so I don't think they aren't routinated despite their age. I know that several key players at the centre-midfield are out injured, but I believe that Khedira, who is thoughted to replace Ballack, will do good. He has already showed what he is going for in Stuttgart and he has been very impressive. I wouldn't be to suprised if he gets selected to the best World Cup team for 2010. Also, their attacking trio who lies right behind the lonely striker is very strong. Many players can play there, like Trochowski, Podolski, Özil, Muller, Kroos and Marin. All are fairly young, but as I said before, they've got routine from the big games and they will make a big impact this WC, I reckon. I believe Germany will win WC.

Serbia and Ghana are two good teams, but I think Serbia will edge it to the end. Ghana lost out Essien, who is vital to their midfield. I know it's a team sport, but at the same time if you look at Serbia and all their players like Krasic, Zigic, Stankovic, Vidic and Ivanovic for instace, they look very dangerous on paper.

Yes it is. That's how ze/de German's say Cote d'Ivore ot Ivory Coast. :)

Or Elfensbenkusten :P

But if you watched first match' date=' you must have noticed that South-Africans were really nervous and had hard time in sticking to their tactics. I assume they'll be better in forthcoming games, especially as the good game and result must have boosted their confidence. I'm still quite positive that they'll advance from their group, but not with Mexico, they stink. France clearly will advance with South-Africa unless something really radical happens. But, you never know in these tournaments, one match can always fall to any direction. Same goes applies to England meeting Slovenia and Algeria. Though they're clearly the poorest teams of Europe and Africa, respectively, with their ultra-defensive strategies they can make some surprises, particularly if opponent fails to score the first goal.[/quote']

If France play at the same tempo as they did against Uruguay then you have no chance of going through im afraid,the tempo you played at was so slow and tepid it meant that Uruguay could easily get 10 men behind the ball and just defend,despite France been camped in Uruguays half for the whole game you really didn't carry much of a threat and created one good chance with Govou,and Diaby was the only played who played well for France.

i can barely read that' date=' now pronounce, impossible lol

squirrel in spanish: ardilla:)

Ivory Coast in spanish: Costa de Marfil:)[/quote']

Ha, you should see what ze/de German word for nipples, brustwarze. :o It sounds like 'Breast Wart' and what about this, can you pronounce it, Kreuzschlitzschraubenzieher? :D

Anyway, enough of me teaching you German. I'm absoultley looking forward to Serbia v Ghana. I will guarantee you it will be one heck of a game.

If France play at the same tempo as they did against Uruguay then you have no chance of going through im afraid' date='the tempo you played at was so slow and tepid it meant that Uruguay could easily get 10 men behind the ball and just defend,despite France been camped in Uruguays half for the whole game you really didn't carry much of a threat and created one good chance with Govou,and Diaby was the only played who played well for France.[/quote']

Domenech played out his cards to late and he throwed in Henry instead of Gignac. He should have really started with Malouda on the left and then Ribery on the right (I don't care if Ribery prefers the left-side). In this way, France would have been more balanced and very dangerous on both sides and not only the left-side.

Ha' date=' you should see what ze/de German word for nipples, [b']brustwarze[/b]. :o It sounds like 'Breast Wart' and what about this, can you pronounce it, Kreuzschlitzschraubenzieher? :D

Anyway, enough of me teaching you German. I'm absoultley looking forward to Serbia v Ghana. I will guarantee you it will be one heck of a game.

Bröstvårta in Swedish :P

Guest Scout Maker

Predictions for today:

Slovenia 2 - 1 Algeria

Ghana 2 - 1 Serbia

Germany 3 - 0 Australia

Today will be the first time I've ever seen Ozil, Marin or Muller play :o

Also looking forward to seeing Rukavytsya play today as Palace were linked with him at one point.

France 0 - 0 Uruguay

England 1 - 1 USA

Argentina 1 - 0 Nigeria

The stuff of champions... I'll reserve full and proper judgement until after Brazil, Germany, the Netherlands and of course, Spain play their first games, but at this point to say that England stand any more than a 5% chance of winning the World Cup is nonsense. This was the toughest match in the group stages, but it would be their easiest in the knockout rounds. All I'm saying is don't look past the quarters for now.

On other points:

1) Based on his performance against Nigeria Di Maria's value will be going down rather than up after the world cup.

2) What a clown Domenech was to not start Malouda. What a performance by Abou Diaby! Stunning in the first half.

3) Joe Hart > Rob Green

4) South Africa could very well get past the group stages.

Looking forward to seeing Ozil play for Germany, which i've never seen before.

I'm not an England basher by any means, but the potential England - France tie could prove interesting. ;)

Predictions for today:

Slovenia 2 - 1 Algeria

Ghana 2 - 1 Serbia

Germany 3 - 0 Australia

Today will be the first time I've ever seen Ozil' date=' Marin or Muller play :o

Also looking forward to seeing Rukavytsya play today as Palace were linked with him at one point.[/quote']

Germany v Australia today' date=' I'm quite looking forward to watching this one.

I'm just still disapointed about the England result. :o[/quote']

Very excited about the Australia V Germany game. I will be going to bed reasonably soon so I can get up and watch and not be too tired during the day lol

Rukavytsya won't start unless Kennedy gets injured I would imagine. If he plays it will be as an impact player in the second half due to his pace I would think. We play with balls coming in to Kennedy because of his height and Cahill behind him. I can't see our tactics changing now, so Nikita will be on the bench I would think.

Guest Scout Maker

Very excited about the Australia V Germany game. I will be going to bed reasonably soon so I can get up and watch and not be too tired during the day lol

Rukavytsya won't start unless Kennedy gets injured I would imagine. If he plays it will be as an impact player in the second half due to his pace I would think. We play with balls coming in to Kennedy because of his height and Cahill behind him. I can't see our tactics changing now' date=' so Nikita will be on the bench I would think.[/quote']

Oh Ok :( That's dissapointing :(

Guest Scout Maker

I'm sorry I had to break the bad news to you lol

Lol no worries, can't wait to see some of the German youngsters.

Slovenia vs Algeria will be one of the great (and interesting) matches of this WC.. :P

btw, why in the opening cerimony of WC 2010.. was Patrick Vieira that went to the stage with the World Cup trophy if was Italy and not France that won last World Cup? o.O

Slovenia vs Algeria will be one of the great (and interesting) matches of this WC.. :P

btw' date=' why in the opening cerimony of WC 2010.. was Patrick Vieira that went to the stage with the World Cup trophy if was Italy and not France that won last World Cup? o.O[/quote']

Because he's African :confused: