Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

Vlad

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Guest Scout Maker

Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Discussions Thread

I would have thought it was the Algeria-Slovenia game that would sell the least tickets, but it was announced that is was South Korea-Greece yesterday on BBC. I saw some boys at the South Korea match who probably were meant to be at school because they were wearing school uniform.

(Teacher) Boys, your going to the World Cup!

(Boys) Yeah!

(Teacher) To see South Korea - Greece!

(Boys) Stare Blankly :D

I would have thought it was the Algeria-Slovenia game that would sell the least tickets' date=' but it was announced that is was South Korea-Greece yesterday on BBC. I saw some boys at the South Korea match who probably were meant to be at school because they were wearing school uniform.

(Teacher) Boys, your going to the World Cup!

(Boys) Yeah!

(Teacher) To see South Korea - Greece!

(Boys) Stare Blankly :D[/quote']

Bahaha classic man! :D

:? I never saw him playing for an African country.. :P and supposedly are the champions that go with the trophy to there..

He was born in Senegal plus you don't see any African-Italian's apart from Balotelli, but If he did hand over the World Cup, he wouldn't really. He'll turn into Hulk and have a hissy fit or a tantrum saying 'It's Mine!' ;)

Guest Scout Maker

:? I never saw him playing for an African country.. :P and supposedly are the champions that go with the trophy to there..

Vieria Woah! Vieria Woah! He comes from Senegal! He plays for Arsenal!

He was born in Senegal but one of his relatives are French.

He was born in Senegal plus you don't see any African-Italian's apart from Balotelli' date=' but If he did hand over the World Cup, he wouldn't really. He'll turn into Hulk and have a hissy fit or a tantrum saying 'It's Mine!' ;)[/quote']

I know he born in Dakar. But i think it was an offense for Italians.. they could have called Roger Milla, Weah..

Mila can't walk far and Weah' date=' didn't he break Jorge Costa's nose?[/quote']

and..? Vieira haven't made much better.. :S Surely they are more ''symbols' of African football than Vieira.. and i doubt Africans look to Vieira as one of the few Africans that won the WC.. :S

and..? Vieira haven't made much better.. :S Surely they are more ''symbols' of African football than Vieira.. and i doubt Africans look to Vieira as one of the few Africans that won the WC.. :S

I don't know, you shouldn't question me, question the organisers. :o

Btw, not only could Mila not walk far, he'd probably do something else than handing the World cup, he'd probably have an orgy with the corner flags. ;)

Looking forward to seeing Ozil play for Germany' date=' which i've never seen before.[/quote']

Yeah same here! some of the players l have never see them play before. either for the club or country great chance to see them in the world cup.

Example: players l want to see play

1. DI MARIA ( Nigeria vs Argentina) l wasn't impressed maybe the next game

2. Vincent ENYEAMA ( Nigeria vs Argentina) Played well

3. Luis Suarez ( Uruguay vs France) I know is a good player but l wasn't impressed.

4. Hamsik ( slovakia vs New Zeland) let wait and see...........

5. Ozil ( Germany vs Autralia) Let wait and see..............

6. Krasic ( Serbia vs Ghana).................

7. Kjaer ( Dennemark vs Holland)...................

8. Di Natalie ( Italy vs paraguay) l don't know if he will play or not....

9. Lucas Barrios ( Italy vs Paraguay)......

10. Alexis SANCHEZ ( Honduras vs Chile).........

All this players l know them and I know they are good players I saw couple of video on YouTube for every single one of them but I have never seen them play before.

Hamsik plays for Slovakia and not Slovenia' date='easy mistake to make though.[/quote']

Haha really?:o One on those countries needs a name change.:D

I'm looking foward to seeing Hamsik for Slovakia then.B)

England X USA

Classic after-school bust-up.

Punch the schoolyard bully in the mouth and watch 'em not know what to do next...
i.jpg

How Rooney et. al. couldn't get anything going against that complete shambles of a US back-line is crazy.
And how the US was able to make the English wingbacks work hard throughout the match is really beyond me. Sure Donovan was going to have his moments, but the constant defensive effort that they forced Glen Johnson to put in, really was surprising.

To merely sum this match up as a goal keeping blunder, a missed 1X1 shot by Heskey and a superior effort by Tim Howard, I think misses the point entirely.
How all of England's central midfielders and forwards went missing after the first 3 minutes of the game is the glaring story of the match. How they only were able to fully expose a weak US defensive midfield ONCE (on the sublime pass by Heskey and the solid run by Gerrard) for the full 90 minutes, is beyond belief. And furthermore where was the grit...? Not one Rooney F-Bomb.

The US really lucked out with the Onyewu X Heskey match-up.
While I thought Heskey played a good match, his style/attributes fit right into Onyewu's fleeting strengths. Stick a pacy player like Defoe against Onyewu and I think we are talking about a much different result.

Can't say enough good things about Donovan.
He's just on a different level than the rest of the US field players. I lost track of the number of passes that he
didn't make
because one of the other players wasn't instinctual enough to anticipate his passes. I really hope he ends up in Europe after this summer. The last thing US futbol supporters need is our country's best player to be taking it easy on a tempting California beach during the prime of his futbol career. We deserve more from him in that regard. I really hope LA Galaxy let him go and set a reasonable price on his head.

This result doesn't change much for the US.
We still will need 4-6 points vs Slovenia & Algeria, considering that one of them is going to get 3 points today. And we are actually going to have to score a boatload of goals in doing so.

Anyway, a fully deserved point by the US.
and a fully deserved dropped 2 points for England.

France 0 - 0 Uruguay

England 1 - 1 USA

Argentina 1 - 0 Nigeria

The stuff of champions... I'll reserve full and proper judgement until after Brazil' date=' Germany, the Netherlands and of course, Spain play their first games, but at this point to say that England stand any more than a 5% chance of winning the World Cup is nonsense. This was the toughest match in the group stages, but it would be their easiest in the knockout rounds. All I'm saying is [i']don't look past the quarters for now[/i].

On other points:

1) Based on his performance against Nigeria Di Maria's value will be going down rather than up after the world cup.

2) What a clown Domenech was to not start Malouda. What a performance by Abou Diaby! Stunning in the first half.

3) Joe Hart > Rob Green

4) South Africa could very well get past the group stages.

Looking forward to seeing Ozil play for Germany, which i've never seen before.

I'm not an England basher by any means, but the potential England - France tie could prove interesting. ;)

It's ridiculous to judge teams and players on one game. Not just that, but their first game. As mentioned before, France couldn't beat Switzerland in 2006 but still reached the final. First game in, teams are a bit nervous, still settling in, scared to take risks and potentially lose which would put loads of pressure on their next two games.

And christ, judging players on one game is even more ridiculous. Players can have bad games, you do realise? Rooney was poor yesterday, therefore he is no longer one of England's best players.

That's not to say I think England have any real chance of winning the thing - few actually do, but to immediately discount someone because of their very first game is pointless.

That was a great free kick by Belhadj but I have watched all the matches so far and all this talk of the ball being bad hasn't really materialised was it? The flight seemed normal for that free kick as it has been for the whole tournament so far.

Yeh, well in fairness there's not been a lot of long distance shots really. That's got to be the first decent free-kick, and the first one on target. Pitch is quality, very impressed by Algeria so far, Slovenia haven't got much shape to them.

Yeh' date=' well in fairness there's not been a lot of long distance shots really. That's got to be the first decent free-kick, and the first one on target. Pitch is quality, very impressed by Algeria so far, Slovenia haven't got much shape to them.[/quote']

I don't think it was on target really.

That said it's the only bright spark of a very nervy first 15 minutes. Maybe the thought of going top is getting to both sides?

I'm with Algeria here but I'm not liking Chaouchi's hairstyle. :P

Not great, is it? I fancy Slovenia to keep their shape and discipline better than Algeria the deeper it goes. Algeria probably have the slightly more talented players though, particularly in the final 3rds. Slovenia to take it 1-0. ;)