Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

Vlad

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Discussions Thread

Before anyone bites my head off I'll like to make it clear I am NOT having a go at Germany.

Was reading something on their squad and the following players aren't fully German(if you get the gist)

Marko Marin - A Bosnian of Serb descent. Lived in Germany since the age of 2 though.

Podolski' date=' Klose and Trochowski - All Poles.

Ozil and Tasci - Both Turks. Tasci rejected Turkey in '06 for Germany.

Jerome Boateng - Partly Ghanian.

Sami Khedira - Has a Tunisian mother.

Cacau - Brazillian.

Aogo - Nigerian. Rejected several Nigerian callups much to his father's annoyance.

Gomez - Spanish descent.

[b']Portugal have 3 Brazillians in Liedson, Pepe and Deco[/b]

HA! You can add Cape Verdian descents Nani and Rolando, Brazilian descent Bruno Alves, Venezuelan-born Danny, Congolese descent Bosingwa (usually a starter, but missed the WC because of the injury), Canadian Daniel Fernandes and even Cristiano Ronaldo from Madeira (OK sorry, couldn't resist on the Portuguese private political joke :o).

But I really don't care. Patriotism above Nationalism.

Before anyone bites my head off I'll like to make it clear I am NOT having a go at Germany.

Was reading something on their squad and the following players aren't fully German(if you get the gist)

Marko Marin - A Bosnian of Serb descent. Lived in Germany since the age of 2 though.

Podolski' date=' Klose and Trochowski - All Poles.

[b']Ozil and Tasci - Both Turks.[/b] Tasci rejected Turkey in '06 for Germany.

Jerome Boateng - Partly Ghanian.

Sami Khedira - Has a Tunisian mother.

Cacau - Brazillian.

Aogo - Nigerian. Rejected several Nigerian callups much to his father's annoyance.

Gomez - Spanish descent.

Portugal have 3 Brazillians in Liedson, Pepe and Deco

Just wondering what's your intention with this list :confused:

And I might to add. I wasn't going through the total list as I'm currently posting in the reading break. But the "both Turks" were both born in Germany and grew up in Germany. To me both are Germans with Turkish roots.

Just wondering what's your intention with this list :confused:

And I might to add. I wasn't going through the total list as I'm currently posting in the reading break. But the "both Turks" were both born in Germany and grew up in Germany. To me both are Germans with Turkish roots.

Just a bit of discussion really. Will beat watching Slovakia Vs New Zealand any day. No harm intended.

Italy have Cameronaisi(spl). Spain had Senna. Any other players?

Yeah same here! some of the players l have never see them play before. either for the club or country great chance to see them in the world cup.

Example: players l want to see play

1. DI MARIA ( Nigeria vs Argentina) l wasn't impressed maybe the next game

2. Vincent ENYEAMA ( Nigeria vs Argentina) Played well

3. Luis Suarez ( Uruguay vs France) I know is a good player but l wasn't impressed.

4. Hamsik ( slovakia vs New Zeland) let wait and see...........

5. Ozil ( Germany vs Autralia) Very very impressive

6. Krasic ( Serbia vs Ghana) didn't impressed me

7. Kjaer ( Dennemark vs Holland) he played ok

8. Di Natalie ( Italy vs paraguay) More of him hopefully didn't see him much

9. Lucas Barrios ( Italy vs Paraguay) Very dissapointed!!

10. Alexis SANCHEZ ( Honduras vs Chile).........

All this players l know them and I know they are good players I saw couple of video on YouTube for every single one of them but I have never seen them play before.

Now it time for HAMSIK to see how good he is

Sky Sports thinks that Hamsik is a striker' date=' and has him playing left-mid. They also claim Vladimir Weiss is the head coach.

Take a guess at which of those three is actually correct. ;)

No knowledgeable people allowed.[/quote']

The coach is called Vladimir Weiss, cause he's Vladimis Weiss junior' father. ;)

The coach is called Vladimir Weiss' date=' cause he's Vladimis Weiss junior' father. ;)[/quote']

Indeed.

Interestly, head coach Vladimir Weiss is the father of the young Man City winger Vladimir Weiss, but his own father is also called Vladimir Weiss.

So you have grandad Vladimir Weiss Snr Snr, head coach Vladimir Weiss Jnr Snr and young winger Vladimir Weiss Jnr Jnr.

Indeed.

Interestly' date=' head coach Vladimir Weiss is the father of the young Man City winger Vladimir Weiss, but his own father is also called Vladimir Weiss.

So you have grandad Vladimir Weiss Snr Snr, head coach Vladimir Weiss Jnr Snr and young winger Vladimir Weiss Jnr Jnr.[/quote']

And all played for the national team ;)

Indeed.

Interestly' date=' head coach Vladimir Weiss is the father of the young Man City winger Vladimir Weiss, but his own father is also called Vladimir Weiss.

So you have grandad Vladimir Weiss Snr Snr, head coach Vladimir Weiss Jnr Snr and young winger Vladimir Weiss Jnr Jnr.[/quote']

I wonder what will Vladmir Weiss (The Man City one), will name his kids? :D

Vladmir Weiss Jnr Jnr Jnr

Vladmir Weiss Jnr Jnr Jnr Jnr

It's all getting confusing.

New Zealand have surprised me actually, they are very organised and playing very well.

Slovakia may not be the best team in the World Cup, but they some quality players in their team; Hamsik and Skrtel obviously, then the likes of Weiss, Sestak, Vittek, Durica, even Pekarik and Stoch on the bench. I thought it'd be a fairly straightforward win for them in their first ever WC match, but New Zealand are probably the better team so far.

Edit: Since I said that, it's been all Slovakia. They've ended this half with a flourish, had a few half-chances.

Ozil was the official MOM - not my opinion. Not sure if you got that or thought it was my opinion? :o

I don't follow official stats' date=' because I'm not too interested in them (so far, anyways). Yes, I thought that it was your opinion, so my bad :o

If this WC has shown us anything it is how important it is to have a solid GK. They have made the complete difference in results for half the matches played so far.

Gets back to what I have been saying for a while that guys like Friedel, Howard, Kameni, Rost, Schwartzer, Hart, James, Jaaskelainen, & Diego Alves should all be rated much higher. Let alone guys like Reina, Frey & Lloris.

There is a much much bigger divide between the performance/ability of guys like the US's Tim Howard (90) and Argentina's Serg Romero (88) than the +2 differential suggests.

SM reviewers ONLY rate SIXTEEN GKs above a 90-rating. And they rate ONLY TWELVE others a 90.This is nuts!

Meanwhile, check out some of the CBs that SM reviewers have @ a 90-rating..... Many of these guys are absolute SCRUBS ! CBs who it's hard to rate highly like Skrtel & Berezutsky, & Miranda, and even those CBs who it's somewhat easy to rate highly like Rolando & Chygrynskiy & Thiago Silva & Cuellar, should not even be close to the same SM rating as a guy like Kameni or Frank Rost (let alone having the same ratings as them).

SM needs to seriously re-address their ratings criteria for GKs. It continues to be completely out of whack with reality.

Amen! I whole-heartedly agree! P.s. Great shouts on Diego Alves/Kameni :) Would also add Diego Lopez, who I personally consider one of THE best GK's in the world...

Is it just me or is everyone else also disappointed with the WC so far' date=' i mean except Germany all the other 10 matches have not passed the 2 goal mark. 14 goals in 900 minutes of match time is terrible, 1 goal per hour average.

Another thing is the poor performance of the African teams, for a continent that never hosted the WC you would recon African teams would be more enthusiastic and have an edge on everyone else... they actually seem joyless. Lets wait for their biggest contender tomorrow, Ivory Coast.

Im hoping it picks up the pace tomorrow with Brazil, but North-korea should be no walk over.[/quote']

I for one am not disappointed with the cup. We've seen some great matches and it's not just all about the goals... At least for me, anyways.

Vittek was actually offside for Slovakia's goal. Unlucky for New Zealand.

And like you Tom, I'm quite enjoying this World Cup. It's my first one that I won't be on holiday for half of as well. As it is, we're still only in the first round of matches, and the two pre-tournament favourites are yet to play. I can't wait for Group G - there's going to be on quality game every round with Brazil, Portugal and Ivory Coast, whilst the other game will hopefully be goals galore (although we all know it's not that simple - North Korea will do better than expected I reckon). It's the second and third round of matches where things start to get excitement, with teams going through / going home early, and where you might see some big names (hopefully not England) in real trouble, whilst some smaller teams might be already through (Slovenia for instance, if they beat the US).

The best is yet to come.

Vittek was actually offside for Slovakia's goal. Unlucky for New Zealand.

And like you Tom' date=' I'm quite enjoying this World Cup. It's my first one that I won't be on holiday for half of as well. As it is, we're still only in the first round of matches, and the two pre-tournament favourites are yet to play. I can't wait for Group G - there's going to be on quality game every round with Brazil, Portugal and Ivory Coast, whilst the other game will hopefully be goals galore (although we all know it's not that simple - North Korea will do better than expected I reckon). It's the second and third round of matches where things start to get excitement, with teams going through / going home early, and where you might see some big names (hopefully not England) in real trouble, whilst some smaller teams might be already through (Slovenia for instance, if they beat the US).

[b']The best is yet to come.[/b]

we already have a moment which would be remembered for a long time.

robert green blunder.:)

Hamsik's not been brilliant has he?

Far from it, Weiss has looked better to be honest. Had one average shot.. that's about it. He looks frustrated, but his class is undoubted, hope he shows us what he can do in the next few games.

Hamsik's not been brilliant has he?

Disappears !!! Just like he does for Napoli most of the time...:rolleyes:

IMO he's in the same vein as Kjaer. Young and raw and talented' date=' but completely unpolished and massively massively over-hyped (at least by those on SM).

He's this year's Anderson.

But full disclosure, I've probably only seen half a dozen Napoli games and Palermo games this season, each. And maybe 3 games each of both Slovakia & Denmark. So maybe someone like Daragh or Pazzano or Mr. Liucci will have a more informed opinion.

[b']

Gotta say though that this kid Weiss has come on leaps and bounds[/b] since the fall for this Slovakian team. He was a late sub in the Fall. The loan out to Bolton has done this kid wonders in terms of confidence (at least for his NT).

EDIT:

Speaking of absolutely sucking this match. Has anyone had an eye on Skrtel ?

Oh.... THERE HE IS !!!! Right on queue, as I type this...! Caught in No-MAN's LAND for the Kiwi GOAL !!! Atta' Boy Skrtel.

It is a travesty to SM ratings that this guy is rated 90. That is the same rating as:

• GKs:
    Friedel, Howard, Kameni

• DEFs:
    Rolando, Castro, Thiago Silva

• MIDs:
    Milner, Kranjcar

• FWDs
    : Nilmar, Bent, Kalou

Disappears !!! Just like he does for Napoli most of the time...:rolleyes:

IMO he's in the same vein as Kjaer. Young and raw and talented' date=' but completely unpolished and massively over-hyped (at least by those on SM).

But full disclosure, I've probably only seen half a dozen Napoli games and Palermo games this season, each. And maybe 3 games each of both Slovakia & Denmark. So maybe someone like Daragh or Pazzano or Mr. Luicci will have a more informed opinion.

[b']

Gotta say though that this kid Weiss has come on leaps and bounds[/b] since the fall for this Slovakian team. He was a late sub in the Fall. The loan out to Bolton has done this kid wonders in terms of confidence (at least for his NT).

Might of done, but he didn't play that much. Coyle played him sparingly, and didn't play Weiss and Wilshere togeather for whatever reason. When he did play, he looked a real threat.

Gotta say though that this kid Weiss has come on leaps and bounds since the fall for this Slovakian team. He was a late sub in the Fall. The loan out to Bolton has done this kid wonders in terms of confidence (at least for his NT).

Dunno what you mean :P He's always been awesome ;)

First time I saw him live in the FA Youth Cup final he does this:

JNjcoTbGvBs

and then in the qualifiers (whilst still at City) he rips Jonny Evans (best young defender in the world according to some :rolleyes:) to shreds:

zMr_Mw9CVIE

I'm a massive fan to say the least :P