Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

Vlad

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Discussions Thread

Players raises both arms in front of his face with the ball hitting his wrists.

Red card was deserved? In what way' date=' exactly? What rule did he break that was worthy of a red card?[/quote']

A violent tackle straight on legs from semi-behind without even getting near to touch the ball. Clear red card to me.

North korea playing 5 defenders. Portugal will find it hard to score

I corrected your sentence. :P You're welcome. :D

This North Korea seems quite strong to me. Playing really well against such a great opponent. So far no real opportunities for Brazil and Koreans have been able to create some attack too. Good match.

Korea DPR are playing well. Call it negative tactics, call it smart, tactics, either way, it's working very well. You get the feeling that if Brazil are to score, it's going to be from outside the box. Unless the Korean players start to tire later on, not sure what their fitness is like.

Tae-Se is a very decent player, causing Lucio and Juan a few problems.

And how was THAT a goal-kick? Took a very obvious deflection of the defender's head.

A violent tackle straight on legs from semi-behind without even getting near to touch the ball. Clear red card to me.

None of that equates to a red card. Yellow, maybe.

It wasn't violent at all. It wasn't malicious. It wasn't two-footed, his studs weren't showing, it wasn't high. It wasn't a tackle that could have injured the player, not even close.

It was just a mis-timed tackle. Rash, yes. No worse than a similar tackle from another Aussie a few minutes later, which didn't even result in a yellow.

Remeber the name ... Tae-Se Jong

Outclassing Lucio, by a long way. North Korea have a chance, of progressing, if they get a draw here. They'll obviously have to beat either Portugal or Iory Coast though, but i'm sure there odds of progression have already rapidally decreased.

Remeber the name ... Tae-Se Jong

Outclassing Lucio' date=' by a long way. North Korea have a chance, of progressing, if they get a draw here. They'll obviously have to beat either Portugal or Iory Coast though, but i'm sure there odds of progression have already rapidally decreased.[/quote']

As I mentioned, yeah, he's Korea's main threat. Apparently a move to Europe is in the pipe line for him.

The Korean keeper's wearing trackies? Can you do that?

Korea DPR are very organised, but holes are starting to appear in the defense. I reckon it's only a matter of time before Brazil break through, and when they do, Korea will lose confidence and more holes will appear. I can see them getting tired later on as well, what with them closing down at every opportunity and every single one of them is putting in 110%.

So I stick by my prediction of 3-0/4-0. ;)

Yes, the Crystal Palace goal keeper does it i think. Its so they don't get grass stains on there knee's, it's a religion you see. They don't like dirt. It's forbidden in Argentina or something.

Korea DPR are playing well. Call it negative tactics' date=' call it smart, tactics, either way, it's working very well. You get the feeling that if Brazil are to score, it's going to be from outside the box. Unless the Korean players start to tire later on, not sure what their fitness is like.

Tae-Se is a very decent player, causing Lucio and Juan a few problems.[/quote']

In fact, I would call it very good tactics. This is not totally what I would call anti-football. Good defending is not negative tactics, it's game that takes skill too, and this team is not at all only defence either: for comparison, they create way more attack against Brazil than Uruguay did against France. Yes, Uruguay is very defensive team but still no one would come to say that it is a bad team. Point is, the Koreans create attak from other than dead ball situations too, they try their best, they don't kick Brazilians on feet all the time. This is good, appropriate football.

I'm very much enjoying this group of 4 good teams. This might be the first match in which both teams are playing really well. North Koreans truly are surprisingly good, may still cause an upset in this group.

None of that equates to a red card. Yellow' date=' maybe.

It wasn't violent at all. It wasn't malicious. It wasn't two-footed, his studs weren't showing, it wasn't high. It wasn't a tackle that could have injured the player, not even close.

It was just a mis-timed tackle. Rash, yes. No worse than a similar tackle from another Aussie a few minutes later, which [i']didn't even result in a yellow[/i].

Which it should have caused. In my opinion the referee didn't give yellow there exactly because he had just sent of another Aussie. Ok, I could agree that it was a border case, it could have been yellow as well. But it was not simply mis-timed, it was never going to go anywhere near the ball but was directly aimed to legs, and it was two footed from semi-behind. It is true though that he didn't kick Schweinie with his studs, so yeah, it wasn't that bad. A border case, but an acceptable red card. I give you that the referee was inconsistent when not giving a card on next quite similar tackle, but as I said, this is very human, it is because he had already given so many cards (and particularly that one red) to Australia, so there's a pressure to not give them cards in following situations. That is very normal, happens to pretty much every referee. It is not good refereeing but you can't call it particularly bad either, because it is relatively normal.

Korea are holding their own, quite brilliantly in fact. If they can keep it up then they can nick at least a point. I still worry that Brazil will break through and the floodgates will open though. Don't know how they'll cope coming from behind.

Hopefully round 2 of group games will be alot more entertaining' date=' once the teams have settled in[/color'].

I've quite liked the games so far. Have found almost all of them entertaining.

1. SA X Mexico :
    didn't see

2. Uruguay X France :
    loved seeing Domenech's tactics disintegrate time after time

3. SK X Greece
    : good clinical game by Korea Rep

4. Argentina X Nigeria :
    I could have watched that keeper frustrate them all day ; not to mention waiting for Maradona's tactics to blow up in his fat face

5. England X US :
    are you kidding me... it was 100% entertaining ; maybe not the result or the style of play that English supporters wanted,but I can tell you that everyone else on Earth enjoyed it
    :D
  6. Algeria X Slovenia :
    hard to watch

7. Serbia X Ghana :
    disappointingly not entertaining

8. Germany X Australia :
    100% entertaining ; a clinical butt whipping

9. Netherlands X Denmark :
    2nd half was a great display of futbol

10. Japan X Cameroon :
    hard for Cameroon to show up considering Le Guen's crazy tactics/formation, but watching Japan's clinical game vs a superior opponent was nice to watch

11. Italy X Paraguay :
    Entertaining

12. NZ X Slovakia :
    The Weiss(+ + + +) and Skrtel(- - - -) Show

13. Ivory Coast X Portugal :
    thoroughly enjoyed it

14. Brazil X NK :
    can you imagine if NK pull a point out of this !! good stuff

And I can 100% guarantee that Chile are going to put on a show tomorrow versus a Honduran squad who usually play an entertaining brand of futbol.

EDIT:

Does anyone know what the odds were on this Brazil X NK match ; and/or what the result that most were expecting ?

Korea DPR are very organised' date=' but holes are starting to appear in the defense. I reckon it's only a matter of time before Brazil break through, and when they do, Korea will lose confidence and more holes will appear. I can see them getting tired later on as well, what with them closing down at every opportunity and every single one of them is putting in 110%.

So I stick by my prediction of 3-0/4-0. ;)[/quote']

It is even possible that this will go 3-0 to Brazil, but even in that case I wouldn't say Koreans tale is over, because I reckon them having chances to beat the other teams of this group.

I've quite liked the games so far. Have found almost all of them entertaining.

1. SA X Mexico :
    didn't see

2. Uruguay X France :
    loved seeing Domenech's tactics disintegrate time after time

3. SK X Greece
    : good clinical game by Korea Rep

4. Argentina X Nigeria :
    I could have watched that keeper frustrate them all day ; not to mention waiting for Maradona's tactics to blow up in his fat face

5. England X US :
    are you kidding me... it was 100% entertaining ; maybe not the result or the style of play that English supporters wanted' date='but I can tell you that everyone else on Earth enjoyed it
    :D
    [*']
    Algeria X Slovenia :
    hard to watch

6. Serbia X Ghana :
    disappointingly not entertaining

7. Germany X Australia :
    100% entertaining ; a clinical butt whipping

8. Netherlands X Denmark :
    2nd half was a great display of futbol

9. Japan X Cameroon :
    hard for Cameroon to show up considering Le Guen's crazy tactics/formation, but watching Japan's clinical game vs a superior opponent was nice to watch

10. Italy X Paraguay :
    Entertaining

11. NZ X Slovakia :
    The Weiss(+ + + +) and Skrtel(- - - -) Show

12. Ivory Coast X Portugal :
    thoroughly enjoyed it

13. Brazil X NK :
    can you imagine if NK pull a point out of this !! good stuff

And I can 100% guarantee that Chile are going to put on a show tomorrow versus a Honduran squad who usually play an entertaining brand of futbol.

EDIT:

Does anyone know what the odds were on this Brazil X NK match ; and/or what the result that most were expecting ?

Some games have been good yes, but we need goals!