Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

Vlad

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Discussions Thread

I've quite liked the games so far. Have found almost all of them entertaining.

1. SA X Mexico :
    didn't see

2. Uruguay X France :
    loved seeing Domenech's tactics disintegrate time after time

3. SK X Greece
    : good clinical game by Korea Rep

4. Argentina X Nigeria :
    I could have watched that keeper frustrate them all day ; not to mention waiting for Maradona's tactics to blow up in his fat face

5. England X US :
    are you kidding me... it was 100% entertaining ; maybe not the result or the style of play that English supporters wanted' date='but I can tell you that everyone else on Earth enjoyed it
    :D
    [*']
    Algeria X Slovenia :
    hard to watch

6. Serbia X Ghana :
    disappointingly not entertaining

7. Germany X Australia :
    100% entertaining ; a clinical butt whipping

8. Netherlands X Denmark :
    2nd half was a great display of futbol

9. Japan X Cameroon :
    hard for Cameroon to show up considering Le Guen's crazy tactics/formation, but watching Japan's clinical game vs a superior opponent was nice to watch

10. Italy X Paraguay :
    Entertaining

11. NZ X Slovakia :
    The Weiss(+ + + +) and Skrtel(- - - -) Show

12. Ivory Coast X Portugal :
    thoroughly enjoyed it

13. Brazil X NK :
    can you imagine if NK pull a point out of this !! good stuff

And I can 100% guarantee that Chile are going to put on a show tomorrow versus a Honduran squad who usually play an entertaining brand of futbol.

I have to disagree with you Johnny.

1. I found both Italy's and England's games rather boring. I suppose England's match was entertaining for the English for the emotional aspect (perhaps similarly as I didn't find France's match so boring). I fell asleep during Italy-Paraguay.

2. I found this tactically one of the most mature games by Cameroon. I also found it a quite good matchup. Japan impressed me more than South Korea. South Korea - Greece was by far the worst match I have seen.

3. I think Germany-Australia lost it's entertaining aspect for the second half when it was clear there was only one decent team on field.

4. Domenech's tactics were not so bad to be honest. The XI was badly built though. I'm sure that if some other striker had played whole game in Anelka's place, we would have won it.

EDIT:

Does anyone know what the odds were on this Brazil X NK match ; and/or what the result that most were expecting ?

Korea were 33/1 according to the English commentary. Don't know about anything else.

Would be interested to know what Draw/Brazil was on the HT/FT, mind.

Kaka has been playing along side Ronaldo for too long. Diving like a jesse. Would have been a real shame if it took cheating to unlock the stubborn Korean defence.

I enjoyed the England game, as a spectacle, not just because they didn't win.

I enjoyed the Italy game.

I enjoyed Slovakia vs New Zealand.

Other than that, teams seeming to not concede at all costs rather than try and score as many as possible has spoiled the tournament for me. So far.

Yes' date=' the Crystal Palace goal keeper does it i think.[/quote']

Gabor Kiraly! :D

What a keeper.

As I mentioned' date=' yeah, he's Korea's main threat. Apparently a move to Europe is in the pipe line for him.[/quote']

Apparently, he had a trial with an EPL club.

Haha the commentator says that one of the Korean strikers idiolises Tupac! B)

Is Tupac's music even allowed in Korea DPR? :confused:

Anyway' date=' C'mon Korea DPR! Do it for Kim Jong-il! :D

[img']http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XkyaXZ1rRaU/ShvUjll9qcI/AAAAAAAABw8/XdDQ_U_vles/s400/Kim+Jong+Il+(Team+America).jpg[/img]

The goal was a fluke, he probably meant to square it, but I'll have to see it again. Did he hit it with the inside, or the outside of the foot? Since the goal, the game has become a lot less interesting. I don't see North Korea scoring.

Actually from the replay it was likely a cross as Maicon looks across but I'm not sure about how he hits the ball. A toepoke?

The goal was a fluke' date=' he probably meant to square it, but I'll have to see it again. Did he hit it with the inside, or the outside of the foot? Since the goal, the game has become a lot less interesting. I don't see North Korea scoring.[/quote']

Outside of the boot. BUT he was looking the other way, so make of it what you will. I consider it a fluke

EDIT:2-0 :rolleyes:

Great ball through. Any doubters of Robinho will be silenced slightly by this performance. I never doubted him in the first place anyway. He's been good tonight, granted, the opposition are not world class.

Guest JackWWFC

Great ball through. Any doubters of Robinho will be silenced slightly by this performance. I never doubted him in the first place anyway. He's been good tonight' date=' granted, the opposition are not world class.[/quote']

One game wont silence me, true, he has been good tonight but he has mental issues! Starts crying when he gets tackled, goes in a mard if nobody passes to him etc. And he is playing against North Korea B)

But, good performance tonight, dissapointed with Fabiano though.

One game wont silence me' date=' true, he has been good tonight but he has mental issues! Starts crying when he gets tackled, goes in a mard if nobody passes to him etc. And he is playing against North Korea B)

But, good performance tonight, dissapointed with Fabiano though.[/quote']

I know that one game wont do it completely. He has shown willingness to run back towards his own goal tonight too. :eek:

I think it will be hard for Portugal to break through this stubborn Korean team but IC might just overpower them.

Guest Daragh

Great ball through. Any doubters of Robinho will be silenced slightly by this performance. I never doubted him in the first place anyway. He's been good tonight' date=' granted, the opposition are not world class.[/quote']

I doubt Melo's critics would be silenced by a good performance against North Korea, would they? :P

One good performance (against North Korea) won't silence any doubters. Once they play the bigger opposition, then he can begin to silence his critics.