Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

Vlad

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Discussions Thread

How was that not a free-kick? It wasn't even 50/50' date=' Figueroa went flying past Sanchez, completely missed the point and completely took him out. A yellow card offense, not even a free-kick.

Now he's booked Palacios for absolutely no reason..?

Weird.

Also, anyone know why David Pizarro isn't in the Chile squad? Injured or just not good enough?

Edit: Good goal, that.[/quote']

He's been retired from International football for a fair few years now. Shame he hasn't been tempted back, mind. Quality player, and with the amount of players Chile push forward he'd have a field day picking out passes.

Cracking move, this is why Chile are great to watch. They move the ball quickly and aren't afraid to throw men forward.

Really? Why?

Yes and God knows' date=' but according to Wiki:

After failing to qualifying for the 2006 FIFA World Cup in Germany, Pizarro said he would be retiring from international football. There were several reasons for his decision. He disliked the seriousness of ex-coach Juvenal Olmos and the ex-president of the association Reinaldo Sánchez.[citation needed] The main reason why he decided to quit the national team was due to the players. He believed the players on the national team played solely to gain popularity and it is said that some of the younger players on the team turned up to training sessions drunk on several occasions, which he couldn't stand. He also claimed he wished to spend more time with his family.

In early 2009, Pizarro said that he missed playing international football.

Guest Daragh

He's been retired from International football for a fair few years now. Shame he hasn't been tempted back' date=' mind. Quality player, and with the amount of players Chile push forward he'd have a field day picking out passes.

Cracking move, this is why Chile are great to watch. They move the ball quickly and aren't afraid to throw men forward.[/quote']

Agreed. There were rumours about him coming back but unfortunately he didn't. Like you said, he'd have a field day picking out passes with the movement he'd have in front of him but would also add stability and cover for the defence for the bigger games (Switzerland and Spain). His defensive qualities really go unnoticed because of his passing ability.

I never knew Chile played such free-flowing football. A real joy to watch, with flicks and the like. A very forward minded team, with lots of attacking minded players. They could cause an upset this Word Cup if they can maintain there form and keep Sanchez and Vidal fit..

I never knew Chile played such free-flowing football. A real joy to watch' date=' with flicks and the like. A very forward minded team, with lots of attacking minded players. They could cause an upset this Word Cup if they can maintain there form and keep Sanchez and Vidal fit..[/quote']

Don't forget Isla ;)

Agreed. There were rumours about him coming back but unfortunately he didn't. Like you said' date=' he'd have a field day picking out passes with the movement he'd have in front of him but would also add stability and cover for the defence for the bigger games (Switzerland and Spain). His defensive qualities really go unnoticed because of his passing ability.[/quote']

Aye, very true. I'm guilty of dismissing his defensive qualities myself sometimes because of the quality of his vision and passing.

Very refreshing performance in the context of this World Cup, I don't think we've seen a team play like Chile yet and that's with them lacking one of their most important players. Do hope we get to see the 3 man back line at some point though, would have thought it'll get an airing against Switzerland at the least, given their apparent preference for 4-4-2.

I never knew Chile played such free-flowing football. A real joy to watch' date=' with flicks and the like. A very forward minded team, with lots of attacking minded players. They could cause an upset this Word Cup if they can maintain there form and keep Sanchez and Vidal fit..[/quote']

You have to be good to get through that Suth American Qualifying and with Chile scoring the most goals in that said qualification, its obvious they attack rather than sit back.

Brilliant I think.

I wasn't expecting much from Honduras so I'm not disappointed. Just happy to see a team I have never really seen before.

Is it Craig Burley in the com's box with John Champion?

If so' date=' then why? He has no clue what he is talking about![/quote']

They ran out of good commentators. I think Champion and Burley do the ESPN commentary too (sometimes Chris Waddle or Joe Royle if we are lucky!).

Is it Craig Burley in the com's box with John Champion?

If so' date=' then why? He has no clue what he is talking about![/quote']

Because they sacked Robbie Earle for selling his exclusive World Cup tickets to someone outside the ITV crew.

What happened to him? He didn't play in any of your end of season games.

Crocked in the FA Cup against Reading, metatarsal I think. Almost made the last game of the season I think and he's got plenty of football in the warm-up games for Chile.

Thats no loss though. Earle had no clue either.

I thought Earle was just a pundit anyway? I think they have Desailly now and sometimes I get confused by him because he struggles to find the right word for what he is trying to say. It was funny watching him celebrate when Ghana scored against Serbia though. :P

I thought Earle was just a pundit anyway? I think they have Desailly now and sometimes I get confused by him because he struggles to find the right word for what he is trying to say. It was funny watching him celebrate when Ghana scored against Serbia though. :P

Desailly struggle? Have you seen Adebayor? I know its not their first language but he kind of mumbles. All credit for trying and he is a big name for British fans to see in the studio but I think Desailly is class, compared to Ade.

I'd like to personally thank Honduras for not simply parking a bus.

This is also a good point in between me fawning over Chile too much. They've not simply tried to slow the game down and break play up, which is probably unique for the weaker team in the this tournament so far. They've broken with real pace and purpose.

Edit: Chile are great until they have to shoot.

Why is David Suazo not playing for Honduras? Injured?

Both team's are missing their star Suazo's. B)

nah :o it's was pretty similar to Casillas save against Sevilla and some classify it as best save ever.. :o

29M8Isvyg5g

Did that commentator say "lol"?