Vlad

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Discussions Thread

BIG NEWS

I just find out Blaise Nkufo is orgin. is from My country :D:D is also born in DR CONGO ( Zaire at the time) I din't know that.

well he choose to play for Switzerland

I think we all know why

Wow! Incredible result. First shock of the tournament, and possibly the BIGGEST shock of the tournament. I can't imagine there will be one bigger than that.

Absolutely delighted for Switzerland. Chile's hopes of qualification have taken a real kick in the teeth right there. They have to either take points off Spain or beat Switzerland now.

ouch that was a bad performance from spain..

Get all your bets on Germany and some non favourite team in the final.

I wouldn't say that.

IMO Switzerland played very smart and with a lot effort and won because of their good performance - not because of the bad one of spain.

Guest Scout Maker

Dangit! My Mum is Spanish so I'm cheering them on more than England (Sorry).

I know we played much better than most of the big teams but what happens if Honduras and Chile go for the same tactics as Switzerland?

Dangit! My Mum is Spanish so I'm cheering them on more than England (Sorry).

I know we played much better than most of the big teams but what happens if Honduras and Chile go for the same tactics as Switzerland?

shes spanish, but ur not are u? disgrace if u are:rolleyes:

I believe Switzerland can get more 4 points from the last 2 games. And Dunga will also believe in that. So i am not seeing they not helping us to qualify and be first in group, to Portugal face Spain instead of them.. when i say helping, i say they letting us win ;|

Spain is still one of the best NT's in the world and they will go through to the next round easily. BUT... They will do so in second place. Whoever wins the Switzerland x Chile game will go in first, or Switzerland if the outcome is a draw. What repercussions does this have? It's great for Portugal. We will go through in second as well, and we are going to avoid Spain. With some luck we could be able to reach the semi's, provided we find an acessible NT in the quarter-finals. Because we will beat Switzerland or Chile before that.

Am I thinking to far already?

Guest Scout Maker

shes spanish' date=' but ur not are u? disgrace if u are:rolleyes:[/quote']

Yeah but I don't want to be a Glory Hunter

Even though England get no glory :P

Well lads....

• If Brazil finish 1st in their group

and

• If Spain finish 2nd in their group (which is now TOTALLY realistic considering how strong Chile are)

Then your bracket looks like mine (:D) we are looking @ Brazil X Spain in the next round.

Man this WC really sucks...:)

Chances of Spain not getting second? Switzerland can beat Honduras on today's showing. The remaining Chile games will be very interesting indeed. If they can beat Switzerland then Spain could well be out :o

Spain didn't play bad at all, they played well, created nearly two dozen shots, but they just couldn't score. And that's down to Switzerland - they closed them down at every opportunity, they refused to let them play, and they restricted them to long-range efforts. And then of course, they were clinical, scoring one of very few chances and very nearly scored a second.

As for Derdiyok's chance, how can anyone claim that was "easy"? He did very well to create a shooting opportunity for himself, and even then he had two defenders and Casillas all looking to tackle him, and he did very well to get a shot away on the stretch, and to direct it with enough power toward the goal. He was unlucky not to hit it an inch to the left, but at the end of the day, it ended up being unimportant.

What's the rule for two teams level on points? I presume it's goal difference, it might be head-to-head though?

Don't over-exaggerate this. Spain should have few problems against Honduras and Chile, especially if those two play as open and attacking as they did today. Don't get me wrong, Chile have some quality players, but if they're open the likes of Iniesta and Xavi will tear them apart. Topping the group is out of their hands now, but Switzerland need to take four points from Chile and Honduras to do so and I fancy those matches to be very close.

Spain is still one of the best NT's in the world and they will go through to the next round easily. BUT... They will do so in second place. Whoever wins the Switzerland x Chile game will go in first' date=' or Switzerland if the outcome is a draw. What repercussions does this have? It's great for Portugal. We will go through in second as well, and we are going to avoid Spain. With some luck we could be able to reach the semi's, provided we find an acessible NT in the quarter-finals. Because we will beat Switzerland or Chile before that.

Am I thinking to far already?[/quote']

I thought exactly the same.. plus,

Spain will beat Honduras next game.

Chile vs Switzerland will more likely be a draw

Switzerland will win Honduras, and will end with 7 points.

I guess Chile will try be like Switzerland and get a draw. Result, Chile ends with 5 and Spain with 4.. :P

and Portugal needs to score goals, what has not been easy.. at least we not suffer too.. :|

Chances of Spain not getting second? Switzerland can beat Honduras on today's showing. The remaining Chile games will be very interesting indeed. If they can beat Switzerland then Spain could well be out :o

:o???

It's more like :D:D

I hate Spain when it comes to football. For the simple fact that they **** on Portugal 90% of the times that they face us. Both in NT's and club matches. :P