Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread

Vlad

Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Thread  

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

Re: Official FIFA World Cup 2010 Discussions Thread

Pathetic, it will be a great injustice if we make it throught after those two showings in all honesty. At least if (when) we go out next week they will get the humilation they deserve. We all mock France, well England were not a bit better.

Although they won't care, just return to their mansions behind their security fence, drive their fast cars, cuddle up with their WAGs, enjoy their millions and head off for a quick break before returning to play properly for their clubs where they actually care about performing.

I'm sure Scotland would get humiliated by Algeria. ;)

Might well be. Algeria actually is not a bad team. Their defence is pretty rubbish' date=' but they really play the ball well. Everybody should remember that they won Egypt. And Egypt is really tough (ok, they're not in World Cup, again, but I'm pretty sure they would be if they would qualify in some other continent). It doesn't really save the English, because really, Algerian players aren't really [i']that[/i] good that the English would have excuses for not beating them.

I like the mentality of the Americans, by the way. Twice coming from behind on second half. They're fighting for it really.

And one last thing. Rooney should be subbed? Are you mental? Seriously, get a frakin grip. Rooney has played two bad games, much worse in the second. Heskey/Defoe/crouch are nowhere near rooneys level. What have they done so spectacular to warrant replacing Rooney? Stop clutching at straws. Rooney will be told to play for his life. Stuart pierce will have a pet talk with

Wazza.

Things will be alright. The only way is up.

Night

Slovenia and USA don't deserve to go out for that team of pretenders, I'll be glad when the humilation is over next week and I can enjoy the rest of the tournament as a total neutral.

I found Rooney's little rant most enjoyable too, perhaps our little scouse friend should ask himself why they're donig it before spouting off. Speaking of which, has he contributed anything at all so far, other than bumbling around in a position that we usually expect to see the likes of Barry in?

And yet the truth is that these guys have not played together any more than the English have (or the differences are insignificant). Toulalan said same thing about Mexico-France: it was a team against 11 players. I agree there. But still' date=' have this France squand played less with each other than the Mexicans have in their respective squad? No. Most of them have played whole qualifications together and even before that. Discipline: some have it, some lose on group stage. But for boobies' sake, how on earth do the Algerians and Mexicans have more discipline than us?!?!?! No offence, but I'm astonished. What are our boys thinking? Are these ground school drop outs not satisfied with their huge pay checks and being admired by millions of people for kicking a bloody ball?!? What do they need to just play well too, to do a little work for a while instead of just walking on the pitch for 90 minutes and then go to bang their (team mate's) girlfriend (or someone to whom they pay for it directly)?[/quote']

In France's case, I think some poor team picks are the case, nay, maybe the poorest manager about. In England's case, I think that the case is more that there is way to much expectancy put on their shoulders. England expects and all that. They were expected to beat a decent US team, and put a few past a group of Algerians who are not that good compared to Egypt who didn't qualify. There is way to much emphasis on WAGS and such, so much so, that over here in the US we saw in mainstream articles, reasons why England won't do it. England expects, and the Wags were down, as well as Capello not having the group of players he would wish if he was back in club management, back in his old days I presume. England are/were way to overhyped for this World Cup. I cannot explain it. I am sure if England came up with a big eight team, they would give a big performance, and show that they have the quality. Most teams in the press are undervalued in the sense that they play for poor teams, but what should not be forgotten is the andrenaline that flows from a team that has never played at a high level when compared to a team well used to the top level of competition, namely the Champions League. :)

I will go for 2 more draws in the next games, I've seen enough from Algeria to battle the US, and of Slovenia to be stubborn mothers in the battle against the English. The tightest group I remember was in Italia 90. Egypt, Ireland, Italy, Norway.

The Ghana, Serbia, Germany and Australia should be pretty tight too I imagine. 3 out of 4. Australia without Cahill. Tsk. They put on a great show 4 years ago, undone by a petty referee. No penalties should be given in 92 minutes FGS. :)

Would I support Hearts if' date=' say, they were playing in the CL(yeah right:p)? Of course not. So then why would I support England when they are playing in the WC?:confused:

I am winding you lot up cause you couldn't beat Algeria. Have you ever heard of a joke?:rolleyes:[/quote']

Where have I said you should support England? It's the going out of your way to go against England that I find desperate.

Yet you were supporting USA before and Algeria now? I'm not questioning the ribbing England bit, that's to be expected, but it's the supporting the countries England are playing bit that I've never understood from the Scots (or most of them). Why? You still haven't answered my question?

Oh ye mate, you're hilarious, I must've missed that. Right comedian you are. :rolleyes:

What an over reaction.

Gerrard 3/10? I'd say 5/10' date=' least he tried to get forward and create something on occasions. James 5/6 out of 10? What on earth did he do wrong?

A win against Slovenia and we're through, and we can do that. We NEED Rooney to get his game on. I think he's injured myself, but keeping it quiet.

I'm ashamed, honestly. Rooney what are you playing at? You know better than that.

We need joe cole with his mazy runs, his fearless style of play.

Jeez. I'm going bed.

Fabios got one he'll of a job on his hands.[/quote']

And one last thing. Rooney should be subbed? Are you mental? Seriously' date=' get a frakin grip. Rooney has played two bad games, much worse in the second. Heskey/Defoe/crouch are nowhere near rooneys level. What have they done so spectacular to warrant replacing Rooney? Stop clutching at straws. Rooney will be told to play for his life. Stuart pierce will have a pet talk with

Wazza.

Things will be alright. The only way is up.

Night[/quote']

I'm exaggerating mate. ;) Thought that was obvious. Although I do have to question playing Rooney when he has been one of our worst players in the first two games and showing no signs of playing to his true potential. Players shouldn't be picked on reputation.

Trying to show just how bad I thought they were. Although my ratings would probably be fair if you were comparing their performance to their ability.

:D:D:D

Glad someone posted that' date=' I was thinking about it tonight! Typical stupid gutter press tabloid trash, at least they are being made to look like the tw@ts they are.[/quote']

I know, I can't stand them. It's them that give England a bad name and give foreigners the impression that us English fans think we'll win the WC with little problems, battering everyone on the way, like the impression our resident Congo fan seems to have gotten. When in fact it couldn't be further from the truth.

First off Didi I aplogise for me slating France after England's performance tonight,In a nutshell noone performed and a lot what I though before the tournament has finally come to be unfortunately,I will be shocked and suprised if we beat Slovenia and qualify for the last 16 and we don't deserve to get through,it's a real shame as this as far as im concerned was a real chance to win it but I can't see us winning it after that performance,im really annoyed atm but I am trying to add some perspective and be rational and not let my emotions get the better of me at this time.

Now first off let's start with the man I am quite frankly annoyed with in Capello,I know it's easy to blame the manager and he always bares the brunt of the criticism but I think all the criticism he and the team recieves is fully justifed,the first half was poor with only Gerrard trying to force the game at any stage whilst the others let it pass by,however once Algeria's spell was over and we got to half time at 0-0 it was clear to see that some kind of change was needed tactically but yet he never done it,instead of making a decision to change the game he stuck with a 4-4-2 system noone seemed to understand and he still left one of the best central midfeilders in Gerrard just be wasted on the left wing,I know he isn't that bad a manager because of what his done at club level but some of his management decisions tonight were bizzare to say the least,4-4-2 doesn't suit England and if I can recognize that how come Capello can't?

The players also seemed to have something majorly wrong as well,it was like all of sudden we were playing with fear or lack of confidence or something has gone majorly wrong in the last week and there is disharmony in the camp,it may seem like im trying to make excuses here and I do think England are overhyped but we should still be easily capable of beating Algeria who let's face it didn't play a great game and weren't trying to play defensive football,Gerrard looked angry and was going to have a go at the coaching staff and the players as well and in my opinion is right to do so as he knows this is probably going to be his last world cup and is fed up of been played out of position,for Lampard who has offered nothing during the tournament,I also think Rooney should be dropped for what he said about the England fans as they have travelled 5000 or so miles probably spent the same amount of money and yet he thinks his big enough to criticise them,I can tell you now Wayne that the fans have made you what you are and are always bigger than you'll ever be and he doesn't seem to recognize this,maybe if he delivered a half decent performance we would have won the game and noone would have been booing in the first place.

Something's wrong and im not sure what but it looks like our chances of winning the World Cup is over on tonight's performance.

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

_sdg_6kBiT4

He'd be booing them if he'd wasted 90 minutes of his Friday night watching rubbish.

whats he actually sayin.

It's nice to see home fans---?

Guest Ciaranmc2k10

"Nice to see your home fans boo you. That's what loyal support is."

Dont blame im anyways no need to boo them boo Capello he's done nothing with the team tactics are wrong ad all Algeria were the better team. IMO

I'm Irish and I think England are a class team with the right management they could be the WC winners

Bloody Rooney! If the boys weren't so rubbish then we wouldn't boo them. That's going to earn him a lot of new supporters... not!!!

Capello needs to sort them out! :rolleyes:

Yeh new supporters like Henry he was threatend after the WC qualifiers by an Irish fan and dont blame becuase the handball.

So Rooney watch out:):D

Maybe he would reconsider when he thinks how much those people have paid to go out there and watch them. Its not a drop in the ocean like it is to Rooney and co.

100% agree. Silly boy! That p*sses me off so much, how he can say that. Capello really really needs to get them boys in to shape, because if we don't get out of this group then the fans and media will crusify them all. Which they'd deserve. :mad::mad::mad: Fuming atm at how Rooney can say that.