Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Official Everton FC Thread

Re: Official Everton FC Thread

Apparently Everton will give Dan Goslings wages to Arteta and make him the highest paid player in the clubs history in a bid to keep him at goodison.

Hope this is true.

Also from Pre season Beckford looks like a good signing, he scored a great goal against Preston the other day.

Surely there is more people who like Everton apart from me and Vlad so I am going to try and get this thread going.

In a couple of the Papers today it says Everton want David Beckham and Landon Donovan. What does anyone make of this. Moyes has also stated that we could afford him due to his merchandise sales he will bring to the club.

Also West Brom today. Looking forward to it, hopefully we can get a win.

Obviously i dont support Everton, but always nice to see a new thread going so ill comment on that, I think Donovan would be great for you guys, he proved himself last time and shown he has the quality to do a decent job in the prem, however i think David Beckham is past it now and you could go for a younger player than him and he would also want a big wage packet. :P

Obviously i dont support Everton' date=' but always nice to see a new thread going so ill comment on that, I think Donovan would be great for you guys, he proved himself last time and shown he has the quality to do a decent job in the prem, however i think David Beckham is past it now and you could go for a younger player than him and he would also want a big wage packet. :P[/quote']

Nice of you to comment. However I don't think he is getting Beckham due to his ability, he generates massive funds through sales of shirts and that. TBH I didn't even know who LA Galaxy where until he joined them and now they sell their shirts all over Britain and maybe the world. Also Everton are without Tim Cahill due to the Asia Cup so some players are needed while he is away.

Nice of you to comment. However I don't think he is getting Beckham due to his ability' date=' he generates massive funds through sales of shirts and that. TBH I didn't even know who LA Galaxy where until he joined them and now they sell their shirts all over Britain and maybe the world. Also Everton are without Tim Cahill due to the Asia Cup so some players are needed while he is away.[/quote']

Yeah good point, id also never heard off LA Galaxy until he went there :P

Really annoyed at that result. TBH the result flattered West Brom as Everton didn't deserve to loose by a three goal margin. Jermaine Beckford missed around 6 sitters however Yakubu and Saha would never get into them positions.

Regarding Arteta's sending off. I believe it was a red card however the game should have stopped and Jara should have seen red and Everton given a free kick/penalty (not sure if it was in the box).

Next up Chelsea:( I think we will finish mid table maybe slightly higher if we find some good form but some serious investment is needed.

Been a terrible season so far for both Merseyside clubs, Everton losing to WBA, Liverpool losing to Blackpool.

Say if Everton where bought by hmm.. Billionaires? what positions do you guys think you can strengthen in apart from the obvious being strikers?

Been a terrible season so far for both Merseyside clubs' date=' Everton losing to WBA, Liverpool losing to Blackpool.

Say if Everton where bought by hmm.. Billionaires? what positions do you guys think you can strengthen in apart from the obvious being strikers?[/quote']

Hmmm. I would buy a 'Keeper, as Howard can't save anything from distance. I would buy a RB as I think that is the weak point in our defence. I would also give Pienaar a new contract as he seems to be in the small minority of players that are actually trying this season and I would buy a Midfielder who would actually shoot once in a while and three strikers.

Looks like Yakubu is going to Leicester for the rest of the season with a view to a permanent move. I would have preferred to sell him now and get someone else in but it doesn't look like that will happen. Heard Dieumerci Mbokani will be his replacement have really seen him play but if he we get him and he comes in and works hard he will do ok.

Also heard Steven Pienaar has agreed a deal with Tottenham and he will join at the end of the contract. It is rumoured that Everton will be geting £2m from Spurs for allowing them to speak to him. Neville is also been linked with Spurs, I wouldn't want this to happen as we would loose our captain and it would be given to Arteta who I don't think would be a good enough captain. Although I think Neville is our weakest player on the field ability wise he brings a lot in organising the team on the pitch and talks a lot which is a huge bonus so he would be a bad sale.

I think Everton need to invest in another centre back as we only have three, we need another player to replace Pienaar as I don't think Bilyaletdinov is good enough so I would take a chance on Adam Hammill as he would only cost £500,000 so not that much of a risk. If we do get money we could go for someone like Matt Jarvis as he can also cross a good ball like Baines so our left hand side would be great. If we can't get them I would get Sebastien Larsson(if he is till free in the summer) as he is a decent player and in my opinion a lot better than Bily.

Also what is everyone's prediction for the Derby on Sunday I am going with a 0-1 win to Everton.

Well looks like Heitinga will be leaving in the summer as he apparently believes he is in the top 4 centre backs in the world.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Everton-s-Johnny-Heitinga-insists-that-his-World-Cup-experience-should-guarantee-a-starting-place-in-the-team-article717255.html

He hasn't really been the same since the world cup.

Well looks like Heitinga will be leaving in the summer as he apparently believes he is in the top 4 centre backs in the world.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Everton-s-Johnny-Heitinga-insists-that-his-World-Cup-experience-should-guarantee-a-starting-place-in-the-team-article717255.html

He hasn't really been the same since the world cup.

Mayswell get rid, and put the money you get from him with the 15m for Baines when he comes to Liverpool in the Summer, and go spend it on some replacments :P You could take Konchesky in that Baines deal to and then spend on a new CB/Striker :P

The worst transfer out got to be the rumors about Moyes quitting, hope he does not though-seems like a nice bloke.

My ignorance is blatant so can one of you knowledgable folk explain why Everton is in the financial mess its seems to be in-when teams (some second divisions) are able to attract sugar daddys?

The worst transfer out got to be the rumors about Moyes quitting' date=' hope he does not though-seems like a nice bloke.

My ignorance is blatant so can one of you knowledgable folk explain why Everton is in the financial mess its seems to be in-when teams (some second divisions) are able to attract sugar daddys?[/quote']

Kenwright doesn't really want to sell to just anyone he wants someone he knows will help the club and not put them in hundreds of millions more debt like Liverpool and United. Also I don't think Moyes will quit as he said he will only quit once the fans want him to leave so I still think we will be around for a couple more years.

Also regarding the "sugar daddys", Everton don't make much money on Match Days due to the lack of corporate facilities as we only have around 5/6 boxes. So anyone who came in would also have to cough up money for a stadium.

Mayswell get rid' date=' and put the money you get from him with the 15m for Baines when he comes to Liverpool in the Summer, and go spend it on some replacments :P You could take Konchesky in that Baines deal to and then spend on a new CB/Striker :P[/quote']

£15m are you having a laugh:cool: Considering the way Liverpool threw the money around in the last transfer window I think we could get at least £20m from you lot. :P

Also in other news Moyes is looking to sign Felliani on a long term contract after interest from some big clubs around Europe such as Real Madrid. I think this is just a way of Everton to get more money for him when he eventually does leave.

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/2011/04/05/moyes-eyes-new-fellaini-contract

Kenwright doesn't really want to sell to just anyone he wants someone he knows will help the club and not put them in hundreds of millions more debt like Liverpool and United. Also I don't think Moyes will quit as he said he will only quit once the fans want him to leave so I still think we will be around for a couple more years.

Also regarding the "sugar daddys"' date=' Everton don't make much money on Match Days due to the lack of corporate facilities as we only have around 5/6 boxes. So anyone who came in would also have to cough up money for a stadium.

[/quote']

Hmm..I remember a couple times last year the idea of a stadium sharing taking place-is that still dead in the water? Seems that the club is struggling to keep going uphill..

Hmm..I remember a couple times last year the idea of a stadium sharing taking place-is that still dead in the water? Seems that the club is struggling to keep going uphill..

I am not to sure about the stadium sharing haven't heard much about it lately.

Yeah its dead, Both clubs didn't like the idea of it happening.