Official Everton FC Thread

Vlad

Re: Official Everton FC Thread

I have moved on? I don't blame Arteta at all. I'm not complaining about him leaving, I'm merely pointing out that Arsenal are terrible at present.

And you won't finish top 4 this season. You're just not good enough without Nasri and Fabregas. So just move on pal. ;)

I have moved on? I don't blame Arteta at all. I'm not complaining about him leaving' date=' I'm merely pointing out that Arsenal are terrible at present.

And you won't finish top 4 this season. You're just not good enough without Nasri and Fabregas. So just move on pal. ;)[/quote']

I think you might be wrong about that we brought 5 new signings in 2 days so I wouldn't use words like won't :P. I find it weird that you think Everton is better than Arsenal? We may have had a bad start but look what Liverpool did last season they brought some players and they got sorted.

I'm not saying that'll happen to us but I think your your getting carried away if you think Everton is better than Arsenal.

I'll stop there because I don't want to start some war or anything.

Only been 3 games yet you say all of this wait before you open your mouth next time :rolleyes:.

If I want to pass comment I will.

Take your appauling command of the English language and remove yourself from this thread.

You've made 5 signings. LOL Chu Young Park?

I don't for one minute think Everton are better than Arsenal but AT PRESENT we are playing better than you.

Facts are I'm happy with us finishing anywhere above relegation, whereas you'll be slitting your wrists when you finish 8th.

If I want to pass comment I will.

Take your appauling command of the English language and remove yourself from this thread.

You've made 5 signings. LOL Chu Young Park?

I don't for one minute think Everton are better than Arsenal but AT PRESENT we are playing better than you.

Facts are I'm happy with us finishing anywhere above relegation' date=' whereas you'll be slitting your wrists when you [b']finish 8th.[/b]

My last post on this topic try having better predictions :P.

May I just ask if you made any better signings than Chu-Young Park?

I know we are suppose to be a bigger club than you but that's not the only signing.

Anyway I'll leave you lot alone now seeming it seems your getting a bit 'stressed'.

Good luck to Mikel in the rest of his career, probably the best player I have seen play in an Eveton shirt over the time he has been here. I hope he does well in the Champions League as that might get him a call up to the national team although that team has a lot of quality I stil feel he should have had a go there so I hope he gets a go as he deserves it. Shame to see such a player go but he should be playing at a high level as he is a brilliant player. Oh and I don't like Drenthe already, doesn't look bothered to have signed for a new club and showed no enthusiasm what so ever when he was unveiled. Also I know Ross Barkley will be a great player in the future but I feel we will be dependant on him to much this season as I feel he will take the role vacated by Arteta.

A tribute to an Everton legend in my eyes:

JiMDwhCY7-A

Hey :)

Any chance I can get an opinion on Beckford please? Looking forward to seeing him on Saturday' date=' just wondering what to expect.

Well he has his good days and his bad days. He is the kind of player that needs a couple of chances to score a goal but he is capable of producing moments of brilliance (see goals against Bolton and Chelsea). He makes good runs but his touch sometimes lets him down but I think he will do well in the Championship :)

EDIT:Oh and in other news Yobo has gone on loan to Fenerbache.

Well he has his good days and his bad days. He is the kind of player that needs a couple of chances to score a goal but he is capable of producing moments of brilliance (see goals against Bolton and Chelsea). He makes good runs but his touch sometimes lets him down but I think he will do well in the Championship :)

EDIT:Oh and in other news Yobo has gone on loan to Fenerbache.

What about his work effort? Yakubu could be a nightmare in a 4-5-1 formation where he had to run a lot, and Sven does like to play that formation (although it's officially described as a 4-3-3) :o

Beckford will work hard. He's quick but not physically very strong. He's the type of player who thrives in the championship, but not in the premier.

I really don't rate him, he misses far too many chances, whereas with the yak, given time to get fit and regain his form is a 15 goal a season striker. That achiles injury ruined him.

Beckford reminded me of a proper centre forward, he likes to play through the middle and get runs in behind, he'll work hard in chasing down the goalkeeper and defenders but he doesn't go out wide very often to find the ball. His pace means he's able to beat defenders to long balls and hold it up. He was always our furthest man forward last season, so if you can get low, fast crosses, along the 6 yard area he should be there to finish them off. Add the odd touch of brilliance which he showed against Bolton and Chelsea last season, he could do a great job in championship. He's got a lot of competition for places though, he may not walk straight into the side.

Selling him for 3m when we got him on a free last season is good business; we need this new guy to do a good job because we can't rely on saha to stay fit.

Beckford reminded me of a proper centre forward' date=' he likes to play through the middle and get runs in behind, he'll work hard in chasing down the goalkeeper and defenders but he doesn't go out wide very often to find the ball. His pace means he's able to beat defenders to long balls and hold it up. He was always our furthest man forward last season, so if you can get low, fast crosses, along the 6 yard area he should be there to finish them off. Add the odd touch of brilliance which he showed against Bolton and Chelsea last season, he could do a great job in championship. [b']He's got a lot of competition for places though, he may not walk straight into the side.[/b]

Selling him for 3m when we got him on a free last season is good business; we need this new guy to do a good job because we can't rely on saha to stay fit.

Thanks for the input :)

As for the bit on bold, expect him to walk straight into the side ;) Nugent is out for another 3/4 weeks, and I would bet my house on Beckford starting against Barnsley tomorrow :)

Thanks for the input :)

As for the bit on bold' date=' expect him to walk straight into the side ;) Nugent is out for another 3/4 weeks, and I would bet my house on Beckford starting against Barnsley tomorrow :)[/quote']

Still I dont think he was worth 3 million if Arteta who is a far far far far better player only cost 10, and that was to a far far far far far bigger club.

Still I dont think he was worth 3 million if Arteta who is a far far far far better player only cost 10' date=' and that was to a far far far far far bigger club.[/quote']

Leicester needed a striker, Everton didn't really want to sell him so they had to pay a bit more than he was worth.

Still I dont think he was worth 3 million if Arteta who is a far far far far better player only cost 10' date=' and that was to a far far far far far bigger club.[/quote']

There is a clear difference between Arteta and Beckford, but you've also yourself pointed out that there is also a clear difference in the price tag B)

CMS went for the same price having simply only really proven himself in League 1 with a fairly good season in the Championship.

With what Bristol City were asking for Maynard, i think Leicester took the better option in bringing in Beckford for £3 million and with teams likely to ask for a bit more because they know that Leicester have money i'm suprised they didn't pay more.

Disappointed with a draw today, felt we did enough to win the game. I felt the referee made a huge mistake when it was 1-0 to Everton, from were I was it looked as if Baines had taken the ball past Barry Bannan only for the Villa player to turn and catch him. However the referee did not give the penalty and I think if we would have had the penalty at 1-0 instead of 1-1 and scored it we would have won the game. However there are some positives out the game, I thought we played quite well and even managed to score 2 goals without a striker on the pitch. I also think Drenthe will be a good player for us this season and Barkley and Vellios looked good once they came on, if I was Moyes I would start Vellios against Wigan as playing with a striker would make much more sense.

Do you think the guy from Tigres will make his debut today? I hope he gets a game' date=' he's a big lad![/quote']

I hope he does but my mate who went the reserve match the other night said he didn't do to well so I think he will start on the bench. I would like to see Moyes start with a striker this time, maybe give Vellios a go but he will probably play a similar team to last time but with Cahill up front with Osman behind him but maybe with Drenthe or Gueye on the left and Neville right back.

Drenthe bagged for the reserves didn't he?

Vellios...is pants. He needs to bulk up a bit, he's too lightweight at the moment.

Moyes needs to throw Straq in at the deepend and see what happens. He was top scorer in Argentina last year, so he must have some pedigree.

Going to rush home from work at 2pm and get the game up online. Looking forward to it. Baines to have a stormer!!B)

Drenthe bagged for the reserves didn't he?

Vellios...is pants. He needs to bulk up a bit' date=' he's too lightweight at the moment.

Moyes needs to throw Straq in at the deepend and see what happens. He was top scorer in Argentina last year, so he must have some pedigree.

Going to rush home from work at 2pm and get the game up online. Looking forward to it. Baines to have a stormer!!B)[/quote']

Yeah my mate said Drenthe was very good for the reserves. Although I think Wigan would be a good game to but Straq in as they aren't the greatest team but for some reason I just think Moyes will stick with Cahill up front. Oh and Baines always has a good game:cool: