Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Official Everton FC Thread

Re: Official Everton FC Thread

But financially wont it make sense? Lots of club sharing takes place around the world..or is it the supporters being fanatics?

Personally im all for Liverpool and Everton sharing a stadium as you say financially it will benefit both clubs and im sure both clubs together could scrape up a 70,000 seater. :P Look at A.C. and Inter with the San Siro its a fantastic stadium and something which Liverpool and Everton could do with. It would certainly make derby games much less fierce I understand and thats why a lot of fans are weary of the idea. But we have to think about both clubs futures and not just that one game.

Personally im all for Liverpool and Everton sharing a stadium as you say financially it will benefit both clubs and im sure both clubs together could scrape up a 70' date='000 seater. :P Look at A.C. and Inter with the San Siro its a fantastic stadium and something which Liverpool and Everton could do with. It would certainly make derby games much less fierce I understand and thats why a lot of fans are weary of the idea. [b']But we have to think about both clubs futures and not just that one game[/b].

WE are aren't we? I totally agree-but lets be honest right now Liverpool have the upper hand-and Moyes squad is being dismantled ..man what will happen when Cahil goes?

So pool most likely won't want to look at it..but if they can't expand their stadium they may look at it-but will Evertonians swallow their pride and be the smaller club in the stadium?

WE are aren't we? I totally agree-but lets be honest right now Liverpool have the upper hand-and Moyes squad is being dismantled ..man what will happen when Cahil goes?

So pool most likely won't want to look at it..but if they can't expand their stadium they may look at it-but will Evertonians swallow their pride and be the smaller club in the stadium?

Woops sorry I meant that the supporters against it have to look at it that way. :P I recall John Henry saying if fans wanted it that he would look into it but the majority of fans are against it unfortunately so I doubt it will happen. Really I don't think Everton fans would have a choice they are already in enough financial difficulty and if the opportunity did come along Kenwright would seriously consider it to keep the club in top flight.

Cahill hasn't played much lately and we have coped fine. However I still think he has a couple of years left in him at the top flight.

Do you rate Beckford-seemed a good championship player' date=' average premier player. Everton 1-0 wolves.[/quote']

He is the only striker we have who actually plays in the middle, as Saha always tends to drift out wide to much when he should be in the box. Regarding Beckford, I think he just needs time to settle into the Premier League as this is his first year playing above League One so he needs time to get used to it. He has good positioning, good pace and on his day has a good finish but I think he just needs a run of games, which he will now get due to Saha being out for the season.

EDIT: Also Leon Osman is having another good game. He has been our best player by far the last couple of months.

EDIT:Phil Neville!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2-0 everton.

From what limited matches I have seen of everton Beckford was average-and was thinking maybe an Elmander or Santa Cruz might be more effective.

The teams too dependent on giving 110% every game-across a season over 50+ games that's not possible. The teams short on quality and investments needed.

Wow. 3-0. Wolves did look good in the beginning and had their chances. Difference between mid-table/European aspirations and relegation battling clubs.

Who would have thought that a horrible Away Everton could beat a pretty solid home Wolves that easily.

2-0 everton.

From what limited matches I have seen of everton Beckford was average-and was thinking maybe an Elmander or Santa Cruz might be more effective.

The teams too dependent on giving 110% every game-across a season over 50+ games that's not possible. The teams short on quality and investments needed.

I wouldn't say that, Howard is a great keeper. Baines is a fantastic left back, Felliani, Arteta and Cahill could easily get into better teams than us and Saha on his day is a very good player. We also have some decent youngsters such as Coleman and Rodwell.

EDIT: Hahahaha even Bily has scored and he doesn't do much normally, but when he does he produces quality finishes.

Nice-but lets face it the age of some of those players won't allow them to compete week in week out-kinda like the Pre-abramovich chelsea with zola, dessaily etc.

Who would you replace those players with-remember-realistically.

Am thinking Rob green for friedel if Hammers are relegated.

Nice-but lets face it the age of some of those players won't allow them to compete week in week out-kinda like the Pre-abramovich chelsea with zola' date=' dessaily etc.

Who would you replace those players with-remember-realistically.

Am thinking Rob green for friedel if Hammers are relegated.[/quote']

Friedel plays for Villa:p I would also rather have Howard than Green.

I would try and get Jarvis from Wolves, not to sure who else I would get as the players I would like us to sign we can't afford:p

Friedel plays for Villa:p I would also rather have Howard than Green.

I would try and get Jarvis from Wolves' date=' not to sure who else I would get as the players I would like us to sign we can't afford:p[/quote']

Sorry-always screw up those two..like i do with robinson and that Bristol guy:)

How about N zogbia?

Yeah me too-but he seems to want to play for particular sides. There are lots of players who might do a job, Ireland might be decent-but attitude seems to be a problem, Wigan got some good players, Charlie Adam won't be allowed to come though, Gilks might be a good 2nd keeper.