Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Official Everton FC Thread

Re: Official Everton FC Thread

Everton End of Season Awards

efc__1305846310_bainesygoalsplayers494.jpg

Player of the Season: Leighton Baines.

Players’ Player of the Season: Leighton Baines.

Young Player of the Season: Seamus Coleman.

Shareholders’ Young Player of the Season: Seamus Coleman.

Everton Giant: Duncan Ferguson.

Goal of the Season: Leighton Baines

Reserve Team Player of the Season: Jose Baxter.

Academy Player of the Season: Jake Bidwell.

Chairman’s Blueblood Award: David Moyes and Leon Osman.

Lets hope Baines stays mate

Would of thought that you would have wanted him to leave considering Arsenal are after him.

In other news heard Everton have agreed to sign Guy Moussi for Nottingham Forest on a free transfer. Not to sure what to make of this my first thought was that he was a replacement for Rodwell.

Would of thought that you would have wanted him to leave considering Arsenal are after him.

In other news heard Everton have agreed to sign Guy Moussi for Nottingham Forest on a free transfer. Not to sure what to make of this my first thought was that he was a replacement for Rodwell.

I am afraid if he does he will disintegrate like a lot of the players we have now. Unless Arsenal improves on and off the field it might be in his best interest to stay another year-before coming over :P

interesting signing that.

I still think Baines will be jogging over to the other end of Stanley Park come the start of next season, Kenny has said he is interested in a player of Baines' quality, I think 15-20 million would leave Kenwright with no other alternative but to sell.

I still think Baines will be jogging over to the other end of Stanley Park come the start of next season' date=' Kenny has said he is interested in a player of Baines' quality, I think 15-20 million would leave Kenwright with no other alternative but to sell.[/quote']

May be true-hopefully it will spur on the stadium sharing bid too.

I still think Baines will be jogging over to the other end of Stanley Park come the start of next season' date=' Kenny has said he is interested in a player of Baines' quality, I think 15-20 million would leave Kenwright with no other alternative but to sell.[/quote']

I think more will be needed, he is our best player and we got £25 for Lescott so

a similar fee for Baines would get him. I know it was City and we held them ransom with the Lescott fee but Liverpool look like they have lots of money so we should do the same again.

May be true-hopefully it will spur on the stadium sharing bid too.

According to John Henry he plans to refurbish Anfield by adding more tiers to stands, so I think a stadium share is looking more and more less likely to happen.

According to John Henry he plans to refurbish Anfield by adding more tiers to stands' date=' so I think a stadium share is looking more and more less likely to happen.[/quote']

Pity ..because that would help Everton the most.

I think more will be needed' date=' he is our best player and we got £25 for Lescott so

a similar fee for Baines would get him. I know it was City and we held them ransom with the Lescott fee but Liverpool look like they have lots of money so we should do the same again.[/quote']

Myself I think it will be between 15-20M plus Insua, Insua is not a bad left back at all and he is very young, we all know how Moyes' work with youngsters is out of this world, plus although hes Argentine he counts as home-grown which helps in this new rule regulation thing.

Myself I think it will be between 15-20M plus Insua' date=' Insua is not a bad left back at all and he is very young, we all know how Moyes' work with youngsters is out of this world, plus although hes Argentine he counts as home-grown which helps in this new rule regulation thing.[/quote']

I would rather have Baines than £15m and Insua. This is because Moyes is not good at spending big money. Look at his big signings, Yakubu is useless and is unable to run. Andy Johnson although he was good in his first team, he lost his way and lost his place to Yakubu. James Beattie (was a big signing at the time) was also not very good and like Yakubu was not very mobile and the most recent one Bilyaletdinov who goes missing from games far to often and is unable to play on the wing, yet he can't play in the middle as we have better players there. There has been one good signing in Felliani but even he took time to turn into a good player.

However if he can turn Insua into a decent player and buy a good striker who can get close to 20 goals a season I wouldn't object.

Another good result against a top side at home. Why can't we do it against the lesser teams.:rolleyes:

Results against teams finishing above us at home:

Manchester United - Draw

Chelsea - Win

Manchester City - Win

Arsenal - Loss

Tottenham - Win

Liverpool - Win

Another good result against a top side at home. Why can't we do it against the lesser teams.:rolleyes:

Results against teams finishing above us at home:

Manchester United - Draw

Chelsea - Win

Manchester City - Win

Arsenal - Loss

Tottenham - Win

Liverpool - Win

Inconsistent play can be down to players age (too old or two young inexperienced), reliance on a couple key players, the support areas such as medical,training, psychological personnel or even coaching.

What do you think is the most likely cause?

Inconsistent play can be down to players age (too old or two young inexperienced)' date=' reliance on a couple key players, the support areas such as medical,training, psychological personnel or even coaching.

What do you think is the most likely cause?[/quote']

I think the main cause in the inability to put the ball in the goal. However for some reason we can score with the little chances we get against the bigger teams but more often than not we can not score with the many chances we get. We also play a different style against the bigger teams as we tend to sit back more and hit them on the break which I think is more effective but we can't do that against the smaller teams as teams such as Blackburn come and but 10 in defence so we can't really counter attack against them.

I think the main cause in the inability to put the ball in the goal. However for some reason we can score with the little chances we get against the bigger teams but more often than not we can not score with the many chances we get. We also play a different style against the bigger teams as we tend to sit back more and hit them on the break which I think is more effective but we can't do that against the smaller teams as teams such as Blackburn come and but 10 in defence so we can't really counter attack against them.

So the team is set up as a counterattacking force and can't take the bull by the horns against smaller sides who play the same?

"The scouts do a brilliant job at Everton' date=' I work them hard and they have been looking at players up to a value of up to 10 to 15 million pounds but also looking at players for nothing and around the players at the 60,000-pound Seamus Coleman amount."

from moyes [url']http://www.sportal.co.in/football-news-display/moyes-aims-for-more-bargains-123895[/url]

So the team is set up as a counterattacking force and can't take the bull by the horns against smaller sides who play the same?

Pretty much yes' date=' also we also lack a quality striker and until we get that we will not be able to progress. However I think we will get one this summer as I think we will sell one of either Rodwell, Baines (please no) or Felliani and with the money we will by a striker. Also in some newspaper interviews with Moyes he said:

“The scouts do a brilliant job at Everton. I work them hard and they have been looking at players up to a value of up to £10-15m but also looking at players for nothing and around say the £60,000 Seamus Coleman amount.

So going buy them comments I am expecting a striker to be signed. He has recently watched Osvaldo from Espanyol.

To injury prone and getting on a bit now and we need a player who will get close to around 20 goals a season in all competitions.

Why did you guys persist in him-a player like Kanoute might have served you better.

Oh cool..if you get a couple players like that-even Santa Cruz or Man City reject-might be worthwhile.

The problem there is that they are all on to much wages so I doubt we could afford them. However I would take Bellamy off them as he would do well on the left hand side and would chip in with some goals.

The problem there is that they are all on to much wages so I doubt we could afford them. However I would take Bellamy off them as he would do well on the left hand side and would chip in with some goals.

isnt bellamy sort of a trouble maker? and you have been linked to Aidy Boothroyd. If you get a Van Nistleroy type character you guys will be fine.

But I cant see growth! Thats the problem I been having, you guys are fighting as hard you can to be mid table-and I believe the club deserves better.