Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Official Everton FC Thread

Re: Official Everton FC Thread

Has beckford lived up to his potential?

I am still not convinced by him. He is the kind of player that needs four or five chances a game to get a goal. However he is different to the other strikers we have as he plays on the last man and actually makes decent runs, whereas are other strikers tend to play deeper. I would wait and see how he does next season as he got 10 goals in his first season with us but didn't play to well.

Who (or what position) scores the highest goal ratio for Everton?

Everton unlike some other teams don't rely on blasting sides out of the park with offensive power-therefore is it reliant on a player with individual flair or coached plays? Thus the question about the position that most scores.

I am still not convinced by him. He is the kind of player that needs four or five chances a game to get a goal. However he is different to the other strikers we have as he plays on the last man and actually makes decent runs' date=' whereas are other strikers tend to play deeper. I would wait and see how he does next season as he got 10 goals in his first season with us but didn't play to well.[/quote']

As a lifelong Everton fan, the hardest fact to take is that since the days of Gray, Sharpe, Linekar and co, we've tried and failed to attract top strikers to the club. We've had an abundance of solid keepers, defenders, and just look at the current crop of midfielders...

Arteta, Cahill, Rodwell, Osman, Felliani, Coleman, Billiagetsentoff etc... and that we sold Pienaar recently too...

we're just missing a good striker.... look at who we've had of any note recently?

Amokachi? Pants.

Rideout? Average at best

Cottee? Decent but never prolific

Yakubu...bad injury ruined his career IMO.

Saha... too inconsistant

Big Dunc... superb blue blooded man... but he made us play long ball, got sent off all the time and didn't score enough.

We just need one superb striker. I'd be all for RvN or someone similar.

Beckford is like a greyhound. Stick him after a ball and he'll be there first....but he lacks the physical prescence, upper body strength and sheer power needed for the Premier. I really don't rate him.

But having said that, finishing in the top 10 for 5 years on the spin with the lack of finance is superb, and a testament to the club!!

Sorry for the waffle, just glad to finally find a toffee's thread!

Sorry for the waffle' date=' just glad to finally find a toffee's thread![/quote']

lol..I think this threads been here quite a while and Adam EFC is the real supporter-Arsenal has my allegiance (:() but have been a fan of Everton a while now-and it bother me a hard working club like this just never seems to grow!!

As a lifelong Everton fan' date=' the hardest fact to take is that since the days of Gray, Sharpe, Linekar and co, we've tried and failed to attract top strikers to the club. We've had an abundance of solid keepers, defenders, and just look at the current crop of midfielders...

Arteta, Cahill, Rodwell, Osman, Felliani, Coleman, Billiagetsentoff etc... and that we sold Pienaar recently too...

we're just missing a good striker.... look at who we've had of any note recently?

Amokachi? Pants.

Rideout? Average at best

Cottee? Decent but never prolific

Yakubu...bad injury ruined his career IMO.

Saha... too inconsistant

Big Dunc... superb blue blooded man... but he made us play long ball, got sent off all the time and didn't score enough.

We just need one superb striker. I'd be all for RvN or someone similar.

Beckford is like a greyhound. Stick him after a ball and he'll be there first....but he lacks the physical prescence, upper body strength and sheer power needed for the Premier. I really don't rate him.

But having said that, finishing in the top 10 for 5 years on the spin with the lack of finance is superb, and a testament to the club!!

Sorry for the waffle, just glad to finally find a toffee's thread![/quote']

Agree with everything you said :) Also nice to see another Everton fan on the forum didn't think there was anyone else:p

I'm die hard Everton. Hard job being born in Manchester, but the Mrs is a Scouser (a RED :mad: ).

I genuinely hope Kenwright doesn't sell up. I'd rather finish 7th and have a good squad and youth system, with a blue heart and soul at the club, than have some Arab oil billionaire buy the worlds "best" players and have to employ 20 interpreters for training.

If I won big on the lottery, say £100m on the Euro's, I'd buy everton a £20m striker, and then they'd be a force to be reckoned with!

I'm die hard Everton. Hard job being born in Manchester' date=' but the Mrs is a Scouser (a RED :mad: ).

I genuinely hope Kenwright doesn't sell up. I'd rather finish 7th and have a good squad and youth system, with a blue heart and soul at the club, than have some Arab oil billionaire buy the worlds "best" players and have to employ 20 interpreters for training.

If I won big on the lottery, say £100m on the Euro's, I'd buy everton a £20m striker, and then they'd be a force to be reckoned with![/quote']

Wow-the only two Everton fans on SM.

I my hope is -you actually get the stadium share worked out.

You sell to an owner who can take you to the next level-staying 7th or 6-10 is like dying slowly-whats the point of the race if you start handicapped? Love to see you guys not just winning against top teams-but against everyone.

I'm die hard Everton. Hard job being born in Manchester' date=' but the Mrs is a Scouser (a RED :mad: ).

If I won big on the lottery, say £100m on the Euro's, I'd buy everton a £20m striker, and then they'd be a force to be reckoned with![/quote']

That is all I think we need a striker who knows how to put the ball in the back of the net around 20 times a season and maybe a left winger but that is asking for to much.

Also do you get to the match much?

I have been working Saturdays for the last year, so no where near as much as I'd like. The season when we were in Europe, I made all the home games. :) I live in Runcorn now so it's not too far. Next season when I hopefully won't work as many Saturdays I hope to make a few games. do you get there much?

I have been working Saturdays for the last year' date=' so no where near as much as I'd like. The season when we were in Europe, I made all the home games. :) I live in Runcorn now so it's not too far. Next season when I hopefully won't work as many Saturdays I hope to make a few games. do you get there much?[/quote']

Yeah mate got a season ticket in the lower Gwladys Street. I'm still at school so I can make most matches. Looking to go to a few more away matches next season as I only went to one last season.

There's an Everton thread? Beauty.

Here's a question. How can we have a pretty good bunch of players, but be so rubbish for so long in the season. If we'd had any resemblance of form at the beginning of the season, we'd have been pushing for 4th :/

There's an Everton thread? Beauty.

Here's a question. How can we have a pretty good bunch of players' date=' but be so rubbish for so long in the season. If we'd had any resemblance of form at the beginning of the season, we'd have been pushing for 4th :/[/quote']

Wow..three exerton fans..yourself/Mike H and Adam

Its getting crowded in here. I guess the insecurity attached to the club by the financial situation has taken its toll.

Linked with a number of stikers in todays papers:

EVERTON are shock favourites to snap up West Ham star Demba Ba.
SHANE LONG is at the centre of a tug of war between Everton, Newcastle and Celtic.

Reading striker Long, 24, banged in 25 goals this term.

Peterborough United have accepted an offer from a Premier League side for Craig Mackail-Smith.

Norwich City failed with a £2.5m bid for the striker earlier this season and Wigan and Queen's Park Rangers have been linked with a move for the 27-year-old. Everton appear his most likely destination as they look to add potency to a misfiring attack. Mackail-Smith is to leave after helping Peterborough to victory in Sunday's League One play-off final.

EVERTON are trying to land a major summer transfer coup by luring World Cup goal-scoring hero Miroslav Klose to Goodison.

I would prefer Klose or Ba but saying that Shane Long has played well this season so I wouldn't mind him. We have also been linked with Bothroyd but Moyes has said that he will no be going for him.

Linked with a number of stikers in todays papers:

I would prefer Klose or Ba but saying that Shane Long has played well this season so I wouldn't mind him. We have also been linked with Bothroyd but Moyes has said that he will no be going for him.

Think Long is a self confessed Celtic fan,but the lure of the premiership might be to much.Would love him at Celtic,in all honestly probally to good for scotland at the moment.

Klose would be a good signing for us, so would Demba Ba.

I hope we don't get Long or Smith.... Beckfords enough for lower league strikers, and neither of them are as good as him, and he;s still struggling with the step up.

Come on Dimitar, you know when Fergie doesn't want you, there's a place at Goodison ;):D

I don't think it's manager dependant to get in the top 4. Moyes is one of the top 3 managers in England, in my honest opinion. Give Moyes the money that Fergie's had over the years, that Dalgliesh has had, that Redknapp and Manchini and Ancelloti, and you'd see a title challenging everton.

It's about financial backing.

I don't think it's manager dependant to get in the top 4. Moyes is one of the top 3 managers in England' date=' in my honest opinion. Give Moyes the money that Fergie's had over the years, that Dalgliesh has had, that Redknapp and Manchini and Ancelloti, and you'd see a title challenging everton.

It's about financial backing.[/quote']

I agree, he is a fantastic manager. More resources and he would have Everton doing fantastically.

Which he could get a heck of alot more at us ! Im so so confused right now, thought we had sorted our manager out. Moyes has denied coming to us, if our god dam board appoint the wolly or some other douche ill be furious.

* Sorry for hijacking the Everton thread.

Lets bloody hope so but i cant see it happening. He would be my IDEAL choice.

would be interesting though-maybe its Raineri or Hughton

I don't think it's manager dependant to get in the top 4. Moyes is one of the top 3 managers in England' date=' in my honest opinion. Give Moyes the money that Fergie's had over the years, that Dalgliesh has had, that Redknapp and Manchini and Ancelloti, and you'd see a title challenging everton.

It's about financial backing.[/quote']

Not so sure-his track record in the transfer markets is not top 3. Would really like him and the team to get a splash of cash and see how far it takes the team. I am afraid though..he might be the poor mans Mourinho..