Vlad

Re: Official Everton FC Thread

Eleven next season?

Howard

Coleman-Jagielka-Distin-Baines

McCarthy-Barry

Miralles-Barkley-J.Rodriguez

Bony

By Rodriguez, I am thinking you mean the Southampton one? Decent player but wouldn't want him, especially with the price Southampton are getting for their players. I still think we are interested in Lukaku so I think that is why we haven't gone after any other strikers yet but Bony is a possibility, the rest is pretty spot on (assuming we get Barry, which I think they will) although I wouldn't be surprised if Stones started.

Or Martinez's favoured back 5?

Howard

Stones - Jagielka - Distin

Coleman -------------------------- Baines

McCarthy - Barry

Barkley

Mirallas - Bony

You've got the perfect players for it really, assuming you do get Barry permanently and a Lukaku type striker like Bony. Looks very flexible.

Or Martinez's favoured back 5?

Howard

Stones - Jagielka - Distin

Coleman -------------------------- Baines

McCarthy - Barry

Barkley

Mirallas - Bony

You've got the perfect players for it really' date=' assuming you do get Barry permanently and a Lukaku type striker like Bony. Looks very flexible.[/quote']

Interesting idea, would like to see it happen although I'm not a fan of Mirallas up front, either out wide or on the bench for me.

That's a good looking starting XI' date=' shame you haven't got a chance of getting Bony.[/quote']

I am interested in why you think we have no chance? Haven't really been paying much attention to football apart from the world cup so I am not aware of his situation.

Is it just me or would you rather see Stones and Distin...

Nah, Jagielka should still start for me. He has hardly played in 2014 due to injury and was carrying an injury forba few months before and I think that was the reason for his suspect performances for England.

I am interested in why you think we have no chance? Haven't really been paying much attention to football apart from the world cup so I am not aware of his situation.

I just can't see you spending what it would take it to get him. He's happy to stay with us, we're preparing for next season with him and it'd take £25-35 million realistically for us to let him go.

I just can't see you spending what it would take it to get him. He's happy to stay with us' date=' we're preparing for next season with him and it'd take £25-35 million realistically for us to let him go.[/quote']

Fair enough if that is the price you are after, he wont be an Everton player:o Although even if we had that kind of money to spend on one player I wouldn't spend it on Bony.

Fair enough if that is the price you are after' date=' he wont be an Everton player:o Although even if we had that kind of money to spend on one player I wouldn't spend it on Bony.[/quote']

That's why he's very likely to stay, we'd be silly to let a player like him go for what he's worth to other clubs as he's worth a lot to us given how important he is for us and how much staying in the division means to us.

Bony's had a very good world cup, hes been solid when Ive watched him play. I think you'd be commanding around £20m for him... so like you say fella, unless a big gun comes in financially he's yours.

Lukaku on the other hand... best thing in the world for us he spent most of the WC on the bench... not inflated his price at all.

I hope we get a player of Lukaku/Bony's presence.

Interesting idea' date=' would like to see it happen although I'm not a fan of Mirallas up front, either out wide or on the bench for me.[/quote']

Just seemed like the best place to put him. If I were in charge, I'd have him in what's probably best described as a free role, but not really :P Something like:

McCarthy - Barry

Coleman - Barkley - Mirallas

ST

or

McCarthy - Barry

Mirallas - Barkley - Baines

ST

depending on which wing back breaks. Stones can cover RB and Distin LB, so the defence should still be sound.

Everton must be one of the most interesting sides to manage in the league.

McCarthy - Barry

Coleman - Barkley - Mirallas

Ba

or

McCarthy - Barry

Mirallas - Barkley - Baines

Ba

Chelsea & Everton are in talks about a Ba loan, with wages being the main discussion point.

Also talks of Adama Traore joining Everton on loan after the successful Gerard loan last season, very exciting.

If I was an Everton fan' date=' I'd want someone better than Ba. I think they've got a lot of the Fellaini money left too if they need to invest.[/quote']

But realistically, what top strikers are out there that are willing to move? It's the same for Liverpool too.

But realistically' date=' what top strikers are out there that are willing to move? It's the same for Liverpool too.[/quote']

I'm not sure they need a top striker, just someone more exciting than Ba whose wages are less of a risk. I'd have faith in Martinez to make a relatively inexpensive punt work; cracking manager IMO.

I'm not sure they need a top striker' date=' just someone more exciting than Ba whose wages are less of a risk. I'd have faith in Martinez to make a relatively inexpensive punt work; cracking manager IMO.[/quote']

I disagree, I think they do - it's pretty much a necessity for a team aiming for Europe year on year.

I think Martinez is a fantastic manager, he has made me enjoy watching Everton again.

I disagree' date=' I think they do - it's pretty much a necessity for a team aiming for Europe year on year.

I think Martinez is a fantastic manager, he has made me enjoy watching Everton again.[/quote']

I perhaps worded that wrong. I think there's every chance they could take a punt on a relatively inexpensive striker and that they'd be more effective than Ba, who isn't really a top strikers himself. His wages would make you hope he was though.

Nothing on the OS yet so I will wait until then before I believe he has signed. Should provide good back up for the DM/CB spots' date=' has age on his side and I can't see him costing to much. Will be a good signing, if he does sign that is.[/quote']

Hearing it's 4m

One of Bosnia's best players this past WC. Youngest ever to debut for Bosnia too if I remember correctly

For £4m to get someone who can cover DM and CB... fanastic. Hope he signs.

I'd think that would be a bit of a disappointment in terms of reaching his potential - which still wouldn't be bad for 4m.

This guy has the potential to become a starter.

Shkodran Mustafi who we released a few years ago having only made a sub appearance for us has been called up by Germany. F.F.S MOYES.
Good luck to the lad' date=' would have been great if we we had him still would have had our CB pairing for the next 10 years at least with him and Stones.[/quote']

BslmlFsCIAAu8PC.jpg

And he won the thing. :)

I think he is fairly average in the tournament.