Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Official Everton FC Thread

Re: Official Everton FC Thread

I agree' date=' he is a fantastic manager. More resources and he would have Everton doing fantastically.

Which he could get a heck of alot more at us ! Im so so confused right now, thought we had sorted our manager out. Moyes has denied coming to us, if our god dam board appoint the wolly or some other douche ill be furious.

* Sorry for hijacking the Everton thread.[/quote']

It's fine, Moyes discussion is Everton discussion.

The Villa position worries me. If Young, Downing and Bent stay, that's a trio and a starting point with three very good players. Add players like Clark, Albrighton and Abonglahor, and you're getting a British talented squad. It may be enough to tempt Moysie. :(

It's fine' date=' Moyes discussion is Everton discussion.

The Villa position worries me. If Young, Downing and Bent stay, that's a trio and a starting point with three very good players. Add players like Clark, Albrighton and Abonglahor, and you're getting a British talented squad. It may be enough to tempt Moysie. :([/quote']

Young isnt staying. Its a full gone conclusion if that eases your fears, Downing may well be sold this summer but it would be for decent cash. Bent is staying.

Ancelloti has been made odds on favourite on some websites :eek::eek:

Young isnt staying. Its a full gone conclusion if that eases your fears' date=' Downing may well be sold this summer but it would be for decent cash. Bent is staying.

[b']Ancelloti has been made odds on favourite on some websites :eek::eek:[/b]

Wow that would be brilliant for Villa:eek::eek:

Won't happen-Ancelotti may be off to Roma .

and not wanting to get people's hopes up' date=' but a long rumoured landing spot for ancelotti (roma) are going to be hiring luis enrique according to sky italia, so there's one less competitor for carlo...[/quote']

;)

Wont happen though.

so whose leaving?

Baines maybe, Everton should get around £20-25m for him. Rodwell heard rumours linking him with £18m moves to United and City. If the club can sell either or both Baines and Rodwell then £40m would help the squad improve so much and challenge for the top 6.

Baines maybe' date=' Everton should get around £20-25m for him. Rodwell heard rumours linking him with £18m moves to United and City. If the club can sell either or both Baines and Rodwell then £40m would help the squad improve so much and challenge for the top 6.[/quote']

nOt sure about the top 6 and would Demba be proven quality like Baines/Rodwell etc. The top 6 might be-Man U/City/Arsenal/Chelsea/Spurs/liverpool and over a 38 game season, who is most consistent with proven squad quality tends to finish higher up.

Was hoping (although I am an Gunner fan) Everton would get a couple good deals,cheap but proven performers. That way they might avoid the slow start to the season.

Baines maybe' date=' Everton should get around £20-25m for him. Rodwell heard rumours linking him with £18m moves to United and City. If the club can sell either or both Baines and Rodwell then £40m would help the squad improve so much and challenge for the top 6.[/quote']

According to one paper this morning Everton had a £25m fee agreed for Rodwell with United but now they are not going through with it. Wouldn't really mind if Rodwell left as he is not a vital part of Everton's first team and if Baines left we would be in serious trouble as he was involved in most of our attacks last season.

Rodwell's started 17 and played in 28 out of 38 league games this season. I'd hate to see him or Baines leave. They are the future of the club.

I agree but if we have to sell one of them I would sell Rodwell as we have plenty of other options there and it will allow us to spend money elsewhere, however if we sell Baines we will have to buy a new left back so we would have less money to spend elsewhere.

DAVID MOYES has joined Newcastle in the chase for Swansea's Neil Taylor.

Everton boss Moyes has matched the Toon's £1million bid for left-back Taylor, whose contract allows him to talk to clubs who offer that much.

Could this mean Baines is on his way out if we get him?

You guys ever heard of a squad? We have 1 left back' date=' who has had to play basically every game for the past two and a half years.[/quote']

Never thought about that. Doubt Taylor would join just to sit on the bench when he could stay at Swansea or go to Newcastle.

Also been linked with N'Zogbia today, he would be a brilliant signing on the left as we don't really have a good left sided player. However I don't really think it is likely due to our lack of money but if we sell off Yakubu, Yobo and maybe Bilyaletdinov plus the money from Vaughan and we should be able to afford him.

Could this mean Baines is on his way out if we get him?
You guys ever heard of a squad? We have 1 left back' date=' who has had to play basically every game for the past two and a half years.[/quote']

In reality, Taylor should stay at Swansea. There he would get regular Premiership football, and to be honest he's being so ungrateful to Swansea and Swansea boss Brendan Rodgers has hit out at him as a result. If it wasn't for Swansea he'd be playing Conference football most likely, now he's got the chance to play regular Premiership football and after just one season he's jumping ship :o

I have no preference in whether he goes to Everton or Newcastle, i just want him to go for as much as possible - around the £2m mark would probably be the final offer.

I have no preference in whether he goes to Everton or Newcastle' date=' i just want him to go for as much as possible - around the £2m mark would probably be the final offer.[/quote']

I saw something saying he had a clause that he could go for £1million?