Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Official Everton FC Thread

Re: Official Everton FC Thread

I think you guys will pull yourselves together at some stage. European football having a bit of an effect on league performance right now I dare say.

I wasn't really being serious. We will be ok when Mirallas, Barkley, Coleman and McCarthy are back. I also think Lukaku will be better when we have Barkley back due to him being more creative than Naismith. As much as I love Naismith I think he stifles Lukaku's game as he doesn't really create to many chances and is more of a poacher than someone who will be getting you loads of assists.

Everton ‏@Everton 8 minutes ago

INJURY UPDATE: Martinez reveals John Stones' injury requires surgery and expects the defender to be out for 10-14 weeks. More to follow.

Massive blow, Distin hasnt been up to if from what ive seen and he was looking impressive.

Massive blow' date=' Distin hasnt been up to if from what ive seen and he was looking impressive.[/quote']

Distin apparently hasn't been turning up at training but I've heard conflicting reports whether he has been given permission or not. Hopefully he is back for the Villa game as Alcaraz is awful.

You seen it on Sunday but Pienaar got injured again.

Thought it wasn't serious.

Must admit, he was off pace and lacking in match fitness during the game and it wasn't like what the partnership used to be. A bit underwhelming.

If fully fit, do you reckon he will start?

Thought it wasn't serious.

Must admit' date=' he was off pace and lacking in match fitness during the game and it wasn't like what the partnership used to be. A bit underwhelming.

If fully fit, do you reckon he will start?[/quote']

Yes when everyone is fully fit our team will be:

Howard

Coleman Stones Jagielka Baines

McCarthy Barry

Mirallas Barkley Pienaar

Lukaku

Lukaku is over-rated imo.

Maybe but I think Naismith was holding him back and taking up some of the positions he would normally occupy. He looked better today with Barkley behind him and it showed with his goal.

On the game, it wasn't exactly the hardest game we will play all year, no one really had a bad game so I pleased with that and with a clean sheet. On to Lille now, can't wait to get out there for my first European away, it is going to be amazing there will be so many Everton fans there as loads have bought tickets in the home end.

Lukaku is only 21... and developing. He's been playing with an injury. I agree at present 28m looks like a heck of a lot of money, but we will always get that back if we sold him as he's young, an international and is a solid scorer.

Can't beat a European away day' date=' considering how many Everton fans were reported to have made the trip it must have been incredible.[/quote']

Yeah it was, it was my best footballing experience even despite getting tear gassed and the match being awful.B) Just wish I never went on a day trip and stayed there for the night.