Sign in to follow this  
Vlad

Official Everton FC Thread

Re: Official Everton FC Thread

Enough is a enough' date=' I think Martinez's time is up.[/quote']

Really? 6 months ago he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Kiev is a hard place to go and if I am honest I didn't see Everton winning the Europa League as there are a lot stronger teams involved.

I'd certainly give Martinez more time, he was let down by his players last night the defending was atrocious.

Really? 6 months ago he was the best thing since sliced bread.

Kiev is a hard place to go and if I am honest I didn't see Everton winning the Europa League as there are a lot stronger teams involved.

I'd certainly give Martinez more time' date=' he was let down by his players last night the defending was atrocious.[/quote']

Have you not seen our league performances? We are below teams like Stoke and Palace, that should not happen with out team. He constantly picks out of form players and plays them out of position. He is stubborn and refuses to change his ways and had a weird fixation with only playing with 1 winger.

Although last night was in the heat of the moment and after a few if things don't pick up in the league from now until the end of the season, he has to go.

Shame we waited until out season was over before deciding to win games. I was confident we would win today, especially with the prices the bookies were giving on an Everton win. Good day overall, need to keep Mirallas in the summer though.

Shame we waited until out season was over before deciding to win games. I was confident we would win today' date=' especially with the prices the bookies were giving on an Everton win. Good day overall, need to keep Mirallas in the summer though.[/quote']

I'd really like to say: "that's Martinez for you", but I feel it would be kind of unjust at this very moment, given the performances of recent weeks and obviously last season's endeavours. He seems like someone who, on his day, can get his tactics spot on; to an extent where his team is capable of beating absolutely anyone.

However, consistency is an issue, as the opposite is valid as well. In my opinion, I don't think he can ever be considered as Everton's long-term solution, simply because of his eccentric nature as a manager. I genuinely think that next year is "judgement year" for him, as he'll either be able to prove critics (totally) wrong or lead Everton to a similar (downward) spiral he led Wigan to.

Today was complete textbook though. Flawless.

I'd really like to say: "that's Martinez for you"' date=' but I feel it would be kind of unjust at this very moment, given the performances of recent weeks and obviously last season's endeavours. He seems like someone who, on his day, can get his tactics spot on; to an extent where his team is capable of beating absolutely anyone.

However, consistency is an issue, as the opposite is valid as well. In my opinion, I don't think he can ever be considered as Everton's long-term solution, simply because of his eccentric nature as a manager. I genuinely think that next year is "judgement year" for him, as he'll either be able to prove critics (totally) wrong or lead Everton to a similar (downward) spiral he led Wigan to.

Today was complete textbook though. Flawless.[/quote']

Completely agree with you on the last part, parts of me this season have left me with wanting Martinez gone then every now and then (like today) he will show us what he is capable of. Looking forward to next season, without the distraction of European football I think our league form will be a lot better next season. If it isn't then he should go.

Congratulations on the win. Do still you think it's time for Martinez to go? Or would you like him to stay in for next season?

Read the post below yours;)

The downward spiral that culminated in the greatest moment of Wigan's history?

Martinez is capable of achieving greatness' date=' and I've got a feeling that it will come together for him next season.[/quote']

Think next season is the one he should be judged on. He showed yesterday he does actually have a plan B so if he used that more often I think we will do well next season.

Stunned that James McCarthy got man of the match against such opposition' date='he has been terrible for Ireland![/quote']

McCarthy is our most important player.

Over a year later we now have Koeman!

Martinez had failure written all over him. It was shocking to even think that he was ever going to work out like you did.

Koeman is another mediocre signing. He'll get you a decent position in the table top 6-7 and that's about it. If Everton wants to reach CL, names like Emery should've been approached. Anyways, much better than the clueless Martinez.

Martinez had failure written all over him. It was shocking to even think that he was ever going to work out like you did.

Koeman is another mediocre signing. He'll get you a decent position in the table top 6-7 and that's about it. If Everton wants to reach CL, names like Emery should've been approached. Anyways, much better than the clueless Martinez.

His first season was fantastic so I wouldn't say he had failure written all over him. Things just went stale due to his unwillingness to change.

I think that is what we need for now, someone to get us back to where we where prior to Martinez.

His first season was fantastic so I wouldn't say he had failure written all over him. Things just went stale due to his unwillingness to change.

I think that is what we need for now, someone to get us back to where we where prior to Martinez.

His tenure at Wigan was massively overrated so when he came at Everton, it was just a matter of time before his tactics got outdated.

Agreed. Especially with the competition this year a top 7 finish would be a huge achievement considering this last season and Koeman is capable of that but I still feel there were better options out there.

Forster, Van Dijk, Mane would be 3 very tidy players for Koeman to bring along!

Like Soton will let 3 players go as a parting gift along. Luckily Soton have the ability to replace Koeman well. 

There was a time last year when Koeman was shrugging off rumours of managing Barca- now he's made a move side-ways.

Like Soton will let 3 players go as a parting gift along. Luckily Soton have the ability to replace Koeman well. 

There was a time last year when Koeman was shrugging off rumours of managing Barca- now he's made a move side-ways.

You say it like they haven't done it before for the right money.

Schneiderlin & Clyne

Lallana, Lovren, Chambers, Shaw, Lambert, Cork.

Southampton to Everton isn't really a sideways step when you consider the financial situation he is walking into.

You say it like they haven't done it before for the right money.

Schneiderlin & Clyne

Lallana, Lovren, Chambers, Shaw, Lambert, Cork.

Southampton to Everton isn't really a sideways step when you consider the financial situation he is walking into.

You have a point, however 7 of those players moved to teams with European football/part of the Big 4. Cork wasn't indispensable.

I would think the three players you named would rather stay at a club with European football than a team without, and in van Dijk/Mane's case, a season at Soton may be the step-up to a bigger club. Then again money talks. Interesting to see how this will work out.