Fabricio Silva Dornellas

up gunners

Fabricio Silva Dornellas

115pxtsghoffenheimaq0.png100pxflamengologosvgdt0.png

Fabricio Silva Dornellas or better known as Fabricio is a 19 year old Centre Back/Left Back currently under contract at Brazilian giants Flamengo but has been sent on loan until the rest of the season to German High Fliers TSG Hoffenheim. He is a tall defender who likes to make his presence felt much like Nemanja Vidic.

Fabricio started his youth career at Flamengo. He joined them at a very young age and since then has flourished throughout the youth ranks there. Once he reached senior level for Flamengo when he was 18 years old he was loaned out to Serie B team Parana Clube. He then moved back to Flamengo. He stayed their for 6 months and has now earned himself a move to German side TSG Hoffenheim on loan until the 30 of May 2009.

TSG Hoffenheim have the option of purchasing Fabricio permanently but comes at a massive fee of 3.5 Million Euros. Which shows how high Flamengo rate this youngster. Fabricio will be the replacement for Zsolt Low

Official Confirmation from TSG website

1899 Hoffenheim has the 18-year-old Brazilian Fabricio Silva Dornellas (born 20.02.1990) by Clube de Regatas do Flamengo Rio de Janeiro to the season lent.

In addition Hoffenheim secured an option for a further cooperation with the 1,86 m big defenders inside out on the 01.07.2009. So Manager Jan Schindelmeiser. "After changing from Zsolt Löw Fabricio we could with an alternative for the left defensive side commit the very well in our pattern of young, talented players fit," says manager Jan shingle Meiser. Fabricio will wear the number 6 jersey for TSG Hoffenheim.

**I know its difficult to make out**

:D

450pxfabricioec4.jpg

Re: Fabricio Silva Dornellas

I was wondering why he wasnt chosen for the Brazil U20 team... has this deal been in the works for a while now by any chance?

Honestly have no idea. Maybe Hoffenheim were waiting for the Zsolt Low deal to go through so they asked Flamengo to hang onto him and not let him go to the U20 championships.

Cheers for the feedback

what's this guy's listed name on SM?

Forgot to mention that hes not on DB. On Wikipedia it says he featured 10 times for Parana Clube but thats not too reliable and if it ends up being true I'm not sure that will get him added anyway. Hopefully he will get game time for TSG and if things don't work out with Hoffenheim he can always continue to build his career at Flamengo.

• 4 weeks later...

Forgot to mention that hes not on DB. On Wikipedia it says he featured 10 times for Parana Clube but thats not too reliable and if it ends up being true I'm not sure that will get him added anyway. Hopefully he will get game time for TSG and if things don't work out with Hoffenheim he can always continue to build his career at Flamengo.

he is on DB at hoffenheim now

He was added' date=' hidden, last tuesday. I don't know who asked to have him hidden, and I apologize to that person :D

(Was searching for another Fabricio in GC1 when I stumbled upon him... fair and square...)[/quote']

I noticed him on the DB the day after he was added lol, not interested in him though, too expensive for my liking.

I'm sorry this is off topic' date=' but when a player is 'hidden', does that mean that if they're not on 'new players' for 48 hours or so, but [u']can[/u] still be found by player search? Or is it that they're not on 'new players' and can't be found by player search for 48 hours?

Not on New Players.

If they can't be found by Player Search, how can they be found?

Not on New Players.

If they can't be found by Player Search' date=' how can they be found?[/quote']That's as I thought, although the only other way they could have been found would be through SM notifying you if you had submitted a ticket.

Just clarifying.

Anyway, back on topic, it will be interesting to see how Dornellas develops :)

• 3 weeks later...

He made his Bundesliga debut today after being subbed in for the injured Jaissle after 56 minutes. Before that, Ibertsberger had to leave the pitch after an injury in the 16th minute and is now out for about 6 months, which leaves Fabricio (and theoratically Compper, who's needed in the centre defence though) as the only Left Back in the Hoffenheim team. This means that he'll probably get a quite a lot of game time until the summer break, and if he continues to play like today, I could see him rising to about 84/85 in the next changes.

• 3 months later...

Well after a couple of months i've decided to update this thread :D He ended up playing 6 games with Hoffenheim once starting and 5 times of the bench. Read some articles and said he was pretty solid. He was not signed permanently by Hoffenheim. A major reason to this was the price tag which was set at 3 million pounds. He has now returned to Flamengo and played in their most recent game which they beat Inter 4-0. I can see him being a mainstay in the Fla defence so snap him up! I didn't watch the Fla game but apparently he was really good and is now rated even higher amongst the Fla coaches.

Apparently he was really good? Where did you hear that? Or are you just basing it on the fact they won 4-0?

Read my comments on the Welinton thread. Hell, Fabricio had trouble handling Giuliano! I wonder how he'd've done if Nilmar/Taison/D'Alessandro were playing. No, Fabricio has a powerful shot and can be a weapon going up, but he'd be a much better wingback then centre back. His defending is sloppy and his positionning tacky.

I was unimpressed, even with the 4-0 win. Every other player impressed me, but Fabricio made me dream of Airton back from suspension :D

Maybe it was a one match thing. Who knows.