English Premier League Rating Changes

deej3005

Re: English Premier League Rating Changes

Yeah' date=' he has been as good in La Liga, probably second best league in the world

[/quote']

Agreed but how long has he been in la liga??

He actually played for River. And i really don't think you know more about football than Maradona :rolleyes:

Ignoring my point....Question is how long has he been playing at the top level??

I said ARGUABLY because i was thinking about Maicon. But don't get me started with Sagna' date=' Bosingwa or Sergio Ramos, every one of them is much weaker than him offensively and defensively only Sagna is better[/quote']

That I would agree with.

And Toulalan according to you plays in the fifth best league in the world and Carrick plays in the best league. Intrestingly both joined in 2006. And yet Toulalan is higher.

Carrick MUST rise to 93. No if's and but's. Not playing for england should nat matter as many players are rated higher and are not regulars for the national team.

He played for England in the last game and was pap. If Carrick goes to 93 Alonso goes to 94.

Agreed but how long has he been in la liga??

1 season and a half. Long enough for him to prove anything he needed to

Ignoring my point....Question is how long has he been playing at the top level??

About 2 seasons. Meanwhile he gained the armband of arguably the best football nation across the world. But i agree that right now he's form dropped a little bit

And Toulalan according to you plays in the fifth best league in the world and Carrick plays in the best league. Intrestingly both joined in 2006. And yet Toulalan is higher.

Because Toulalan proved many more things at international level + he is far more important to Lyon than Carrick was to Manchester until this season

1 season and a half. Long enough for him to prove anything he needed to

Carrick has been playing in EPL for 3 years and has been brilliant for a better team.

About 2 seasons. Meanwhile he gained the armband of arguably the best football nation across the world. But i agree that right now he's form dropped a little bit

Because Toulalan proved many more things at international level + he is far more important to Lyon than Carrick was to Manchester until this season

He is only played 22 games for France and that's not a regular. And CARRICK HAS BEEN IMPORTANT AND REGULAR FOR US FOR almost 3 YEARS. Get that straight.

Carrick has been playing in EPL for 3 years and has been brilliant for a better team.

He's not brilliant for 3 years' date=' he's brilliant for 1 year at most

He is only played 22 games for France and that's not a regular. And CARRICK HAS BEEN IMPORTANT AND REGULAR FOR US FOR almost 3 YEARS. Get that straight.

oh yes, he is a regular for quite some time ;)

If Man United win the league' date=' and Carrick plays as well as he is doing until the end of the season, he will reach 93. He won't reach 93 this time around, even if he does deserve it, it's as simple as that.[/quote']
Has a 91->93 rating change ever happened before? If not I dont think Carrick is playing well enough to justify a unique rise. 92 for sure though.

All 3 of us agree... reddevil is a stubborn guy :rolleyes:

ok.... this thread was starting to look good but apparantly arguing over one player is going to ruin. why dont we just say carrick for 60 and move on ? :)

well, if you read all of this, you'll see that i tried to end it before it got started but it didn't depend only on me :rolleyes:

IMO Carrick, at the moment should be a 92 at the most....

Reasons:

I have watched him, albeit on sky and setanta and stuff most of these channels usually only show you the good things players do being for one of the "top 4" clubs, In my opinion, following West Ham, when he burst on the scene he was one of the biggest talents in England at the time, since then Tottenham done well, and probably deserved a move to a top 4 team.

Wikipedia at a close look....not that accurate at times

Joined Man U 2006 till now....Played roughly 81 games, scoring 7 times, in 3 seasons....which averages roughly not calculating 27 games a season. In a typical Man U season:

38 League games

3+ FA Cup

3+ Carling Cup or whatever its called

8+ Champions League

So potentially he is averaging 50% of played games for a Top English team every season, not the best....But he has had a few Injurys which would stop an immediate rise to 93.

England Regular???

Wiki again, easy search. 15 England Caps...since 2001, regular centre mids last few years even tho they cant play with each other Lampard and Gerrard.

So MY opinion games played per season not enough for a big rise, thats why he is 91 but should rise to 92, This seasons stats ive not put into considerstion, he could have the season of his life right now but not heard much bout him part from great passes and tackles, he plays for a Regular cup winning team so should merit a rise, then it all comes donw to games played/performance.

Wikipedia I searched for a quick example

IMO Carrick' date=' at the moment should be a 92 at the most....

Reasons:

I have watched him, albeit on sky and setanta and stuff most of these channels usually only show you the good things players do being for one of the "top 4" clubs, In my opinion, following West Ham, when he burst on the scene he was one of the biggest talents in England at the time, since then Tottenham done well, and probably deserved a move to a top 4 team.

Wikipedia at a close look....not that accurate at times

Joined Man U 2006 till now....Played roughly 81 games, scoring 7 times, in 3 seasons....which averages roughly not calculating 27 games a season. In a typical Man U season:

38 League games

3+ FA Cup

3+ Carling Cup or whatever its called

8+ Champions League

So potentially he is averaging 50% of played games for a Top English team every season, not the best....But he has had a few Injurys which would stop an immediate rise to 93.

England Regular???

Wiki again, easy search. 15 England Caps...since 2001, regular centre mids last few years even tho they cant play with each other Lampard and Gerrard.

So MY opinion games played per season not enough for a big rise, thats why he is 91 but should rise to 92, This seasons stats ive not put into considerstion, he could have the season of his life right now but not heard much bout him part from great passes and tackles, he plays for a Regular cup winning team so should merit a rise, then it all comes donw to games played/performance.

Wikipedia I searched for a quick example[/quote']

erm. Just to tell you those 81 games wiki mention are actually the matches he has played for us only in the EPL. So going back when he joined us in the summer of 2006:-

2006-2007

33 appearances

2007-2008

31 appearances

2008-2009

17 appearance(was out for 4-6 weeks earlier in the season)

So looking at that I belive it's 81 appearances out of a potential 99 in the league. So that's roughly around 81% of the games which is hardly bad for a top club that have won the league ever since he has joined us. And that tells me he is a regular for us and has been.

Now onto the cup matches. Combining the cup matches(FA cup, CL and carling cup) he has played 41 matches. Again that's pretty much a regular.

As for not being a regular for England is true aren't there many more players rated higher and some of whom haven't even played even once for their national team.

Now coming back to your reasons why he only deserves a 92:-

So MY opinion games played per season not enough for a big rise' date=' thats why he is 91 but should rise to 92, This seasons stats ive not put into considerstion, he could have the season of his life right now but not heard much bout him part from great passes and tackles, he plays for a Regular cup winning team so should merit a rise, then it all comes donw to games played/performance.[/quote']

Your opinion is based on the fact that he hasn't played enough games to merit a rise which I have just gone on to prove as completely baseless. And I can assure you as most United fans will it's no coincidence that since he has arrived at the club we have won so many trophies.

Carrick has a shout for a 93 I feel, and in the end it will all come down to how generous SM are feeling. United have been rotating things a bit due to the immense backlog of fixtures (Carrick didn't start against Chelsea did he? Few other matches too) so although his performances thus far have been really impressive, maybe a 93 is just about out of reach right now.

I have no doubt though that when the changes are like reviewed again at the end of the season he will rise to 93, from 92.

i haven't seen a player who has jumped from 91 to 93 since i joined SM (07 may). And i can't see that happening to carrick :rolleyes:

the simple reason is that sm wouldn't increase him by 2 in one go. 93 by the end of the season is probable though.

Marcos Senna and Camoranesi?

EDIT: Oops didnt see this part in bold

EDIT 2: I was correct then, i thought you meant 7th May 2008. So it was MAy 2007

Liverpool

Keepers

Jose Reina-26/93->94/93

34(0) Appearances, 3,060 mins.

This season Reina has proved that Benitez didn't buy him just cos they look the same. A consistently good performer for Liverpool, the only problem is that Casillas has the Spain spot firmly in his grasp. This is the only thing keeping him from a 94, in my opinion.

Diego-26/87->87

4(0) Appearances, 360 mins.

Hasn't looked the best of keepers when he has played, but being Liverpool's second choice he is likely to stay at 87.

Charles Itandje-26/86->86/85

0 Appearances.

Itandje hasn't played a game for Liverpool this season and so may drop to 85, as he is now third choice behind Diego.

Defenders

Andrea Dossena-LB/LM-27/90->89

17(2) Appearances, 1,567 mins.

Dossena himself has admitted to making a poor start to his Liverpool career. His performancdes haven't been great, and he deserves a drop to 89. Despite this he has still made 17 starts, though.

Fabio Aurelio-LB/LM-29/89->90/89

15(6) Appearances, around 1,360 mins, 1 goal.

In terms of appearances, Aurelio has only played as much as Dossena, but he has been performing a lot better than him, and he has definitely improved since last season. It should really be a 90 for him.

Emiliano Insua-LB-20/80->83

6(1) Appearances, 574 mins.

Insua has started 6 times, and looks like being a rising young star at Liverpool. He has performed quite well, and a rise by 3 seems fair.

Alvaro Arbeloa-RB/LB-26/90->91/90

30(0) Appearances, 2,661 mins, 1 goal.

Arbeloa is getting regular games and is now playing consistently well for Liverpool. Again, he has improved a lot so deserves a rating increase to 91.

Philipp Degen-RB-25/88->87/88

2(0) Appearances, 157 mins.

Degen has made just 2 appearances since his summer switch and has struggled with injuries this season. This should warrant a drop to 87, only SM being very generous would see him keep an 88.

Stephen Darby-RB-20/74->74

0(2) Appearances, 27 mins.

27 mins of football should not be enough for a rise for the youngster.

Jamie Carragher-CB/RB-31/94->94/95

36(1) Appearances, 3,249 mins.

Carragher has been the usual rock for Liverpool and has clocked up 3,249 mins of football. With Liverpool top of the league, this gives him an outside chance of a rise, but I'd say he's more likely to stay as he is.

Martin Skrtel-CB-24/91->91/92

16(1) Appearances, 1,451 mins, 1 goal.

Skrtel has played well, and on talent deserves a 92, but SM may choose to keep him at 91 as injuries have restricted him to just 17 appearances.

Sami Hyypia-CB-35/89->89

13(3) Appearances, 1,173 mins, 2 goals.

Hyypia should have played enough to sustain his rating, but he is aging, and 88 can't be too far away for this defender.

Daniel Agger-CB/LB-24/89->90/91

18(0) Appearances, 1,530 mins, 1 goal.

Maybe hasn't played enough to get up to 91, but certainly has the ability to do so, and get further than that as well. A future 92/93 is not out of th question at all.

Miki Roque-CB-20/75->75

0 Appearances.

Martin Kelly-CB-18/74->74

0(1) Appearances, 8 mins.

Liverpool have an array of youngsters, none of whom seem set to rise. :P

Mikel San Jose-CB-19/72->72

0 Appearances.

Midfielders

Albert Riera-LM/AM-26/91->92

24(5) Appearances, 1,906 mins, 4 goals.

Riera has done well in his second spell in England, and most think he should get a 92. He links up well in Liverpool's midfield and has chipped in with four goals. 92 for now, possibly 93 later as well.

Yossi Benayoun-RM/LM-28/89->90/89

15(12) Appearances, 1,383 mins, 2 goals.

Benayoun could get an 89, or a 90, it is hard to say, in my opinion. But he is playing well, and playing 25 matches for the league leaders could be enough for an increase.

Steven Gerrard-CM/AM-28/97->97

30(2) Appearances, 2,559 mins, 15 goals.

Despit his excellent performances, and the fact that he's hit the back of the net 15 times, I doubt he will rise as he's simply not as good as players like Kaka and Ronaldo. That being said, with his record this season and Liverpool's position, he is very unlikley to drop.

]Lucas[/b]-CM/DM-22/88->88/89

12(1) Appearances, 1,214 mins, 1 goal.

Lucas still has some things in his game to develop, but he hasn't played badly and so a rise to 89 could be fair for his 12 appearances.

Jay Spearing-CM-20/75->75

0(1) Appearances, 14 mins.

Not enough for a rise.

Astrit Ajdarevic-CM-18/72->72

0 Appearances.

Ryan Crowther-CM/RM-20/66->66

0 Appearances.

Javier Mascherano-DM/CM-24/94->94

22(1) Appearances, 1,905 mins.

He is now a very important player for Liverpool, but I think a 95 is pushing it a bit. He's certainly not that far off, but I would still rate him slightly below Cambiasso.

Xabi Alonso-DM/CM-27/93->94/93

27(5) Appearances, 2,501 mins, 2 goals.

The pass master is now back to his best in Liverpool's midfield, and he is worthy of a 94. This season I would put him on a par with Mascherano.

Damien Plessis-DM-20/78->79

4(1) Appearances, 262 mins, 1 goal.

Small rise for the defensive midfielder, who is not a bad youngster.

Dirk Kuyt-AM/Fwd-28/91->92

31(3) Appearances, 2,798 mins, 8 goals.

Kuyt continues to work tirelessly for Liverpool, and a 92 is within his reach this time around. Scored 8 times playing just in behind the main striker and played the vast majority of Liverpool's games.

Francis Manuel Duran-AM-20/70->70

0 Appearances.

Ryan Flynn-AM-20/69->69

0 Appearances.

Ryan Babel-Wing/Fwd-22/89->89

11(18) Appearances, 1,235 mins, 3 goals.

Still used as a bit-part player by Benitez, and therefore his rating will stay the same despite the fact that he has the ability to be slightly higher rated.

Nabil el Zhar-Wing/Fwd-22/82->83/84

2(10) Appearances, 304 mins.

Hasn't played much but enough for a small rise.

Forwards

Nikola Saric-Fwd/Wing-18/75->75

0 Appearances.

Andras Simon-Fwd/AM-18/71->71

0 Appearances.

Fernando Torres-CF-24/96->96

18(5) Appearances, 1,639 mins, 8 goals.

Has had some frustration with injuries this season, but when he has played he has looked the same as ever. He won't be able to rise, but a drop would be very, very harsh.

David N'gog-CF-19/82->83/84

4(7) Appearances, 475 mins, 1 goal.

The young French striker may now see more appearances after the departure of Keane, but he should get an 83 next time around.

Please feel free to comment.

Liverpool

Keepers

Jose Reina-26/93->94/93

34(0) Appearances' date=' 3,060 mins.

This season Reina has proved that Benitez didn't buy him just cos they look the same. A consistently good performer for Liverpool, the only problem is that Casillas has the Spain spot firmly in his grasp. This is the only thing keeping him from a 94, in my opinion.

[b']Diego[/b]-26/87->87

4(0) Appearances, 360 mins.

Hasn't looked the best of keepers when he has played, but being Liverpool's second choice he is likely to stay at 87.

Charles Itandje-26/86->86/85

0 Appearances.

Itandje hasn't played a game for Liverpool this season and so may drop to 85, as he is now third choice behind Diego.

Defenders

Andrea Dossena-LB/LM-27/90->89

17(2) Appearances, 1,567 mins.

Dossena himself has admitted to making a poor start to his Liverpool career. His performancdes haven't been great, and he deserves a drop to 89. Despite this he has still made 17 starts, though.

Fabio Aurelio-LB/LM-29/89->90/89

15(6) Appearances, around 1,360 mins, 1 goal.

In terms of appearances, Aurelio has only played as much as Dossena, but he has been performing a lot better than him, and he has definitely improved since last season. It should really be a 90 for him.

Emiliano Insua-LB-20/80->83

6(1) Appearances, 574 mins.

Insua has started 6 times, and looks like being a rising young star at Liverpool. He has performed quite well, and a rise by 3 seems fair.

Alvaro Arbeloa-RB/LB-26/90->91/90

30(0) Appearances, 2,661 mins, 1 goal.

Arbeloa is getting regular games and is now playing consistently well for Liverpool. Again, he has improved a lot so deserves a rating increase to 91.

Philipp Degen-RB-25/88->87/88

2(0) Appearances, 157 mins.

Degen has made just 2 appearances since his summer switch and has struggled with injuries this season. This should warrant a drop to 87, only SM being very generous would see him keep an 88.

Stephen Darby-RB-20/74->74

0(2) Appearances, 27 mins.

27 mins of football should not be enough for a rise for the youngster.

Jamie Carragher-CB/RB-31/94->94/95

36(1) Appearances, 3,249 mins.

Carragher has been the usual rock for Liverpool and has clocked up 3,249 mins of football. With Liverpool top of the league, this gives him an outside chance of a rise, but I'd say he's more likely to stay as he is.

Martin Skrtel-CB-24/91->91/92

16(1) Appearances, 1,451 mins, 1 goal.

Skrtel has played well, and on talent deserves a 92, but SM may choose to keep him at 91 as injuries have restricted him to just 17 appearances.

Sami Hyypia-CB-35/89->89

13(3) Appearances, 1,173 mins, 2 goals.

Hyypia should have played enough to sustain his rating, but he is aging, and 88 can't be too far away for this defender.

Daniel Agger-CB/LB-24/89->90/91

18(0) Appearances, 1,530 mins, 1 goal.

Maybe hasn't played enough to get up to 91, but certainly has the ability to do so, and get further than that as well. A future 92/93 is not out of th question at all.

Miki Roque-CB-20/75->75

0 Appearances.

Martin Kelly-CB-18/74->74

0(1) Appearances, 8 mins.

Liverpool have an array of youngsters, none of whom seem set to rise. :P

Mikel San Jose-CB-19/72->72

0 Appearances.

Midfielders

Albert Riera-LM/AM-26/91->92

24(5) Appearances, 1,906 mins, 4 goals.

Riera has done well in his second spell in England, and most think he should get a 92. He links up well in Liverpool's midfield and has chipped in with four goals. 92 for now, possibly 93 later as well.

Yossi Benayoun-RM/LM-28/89->90/89

15(12) Appearances, 1,383 mins, 2 goals.

Benayoun could get an 89, or a 90, it is hard to say, in my opinion. But he is playing well, and playing 25 matches for the league leaders could be enough for an increase.

Steven Gerrard-CM/AM-28/97->97

30(2) Appearances, 2,559 mins, 15 goals.

Despit his excellent performances, and the fact that he's hit the back of the net 15 times, I doubt he will rise as he's simply not as good as players like Kaka and Ronaldo. That being said, with his record this season and Liverpool's position, he is very unlikley to drop.

]Lucas[/b]-CM/DM-22/88->88/89

12(1) Appearances, 1,214 mins, 1 goal.

Lucas still has some things in his game to develop, but he hasn't played badly and so a rise to 89 could be fair for his 12 appearances.

Jay Spearing-CM-20/75->75

0(1) Appearances, 14 mins.

Not enough for a rise.

Astrit Ajdarevic-CM-18/72->72

0 Appearances.

Ryan Crowther-CM/RM-20/66->66

0 Appearances.

Javier Mascherano-DM/CM-24/94->94

22(1) Appearances, 1,905 mins.

He is now a very important player for Liverpool, but I think a 95 is pushing it a bit. He's certainly not that far off, but I would still rate him slightly below Cambiasso.

Xabi Alonso-DM/CM-27/93->94/93

27(5) Appearances, 2,501 mins, 2 goals.

The pass master is now back to his best in Liverpool's midfield, and he is worthy of a 94. This season I would put him on a par with Mascherano.

Damien Plessis-DM-20/78->79

4(1) Appearances, 262 mins, 1 goal.

Small rise for the defensive midfielder, who is not a bad youngster.

Dirk Kuyt-AM/Fwd-28/91->92

31(3) Appearances, 2,798 mins, 8 goals.

Kuyt continues to work tirelessly for Liverpool, and a 92 is within his reach this time around. Scored 8 times playing just in behind the main striker and played the vast majority of Liverpool's games.

Francis Manuel Duran-AM-20/70->70

0 Appearances.

Ryan Flynn-AM-20/69->69

0 Appearances.

Ryan Babel-Wing/Fwd-22/89->89

11(18) Appearances, 1,235 mins, 3 goals.

Still used as a bit-part player by Benitez, and therefore his rating will stay the same despite the fact that he has the ability to be slightly higher rated.

Nabil el Zhar-Wing/Fwd-22/82->83/84

2(10) Appearances, 304 mins.

Hasn't played much but enough for a small rise.

Forwards

Nikola Saric-Fwd/Wing-18/75->75

0 Appearances.

Andras Simon-Fwd/AM-18/71->71

0 Appearances.

Fernando Torres-CF-24/96->96

18(5) Appearances, 1,639 mins, 8 goals.

Has had some frustration with injuries this season, but when he has played he has looked the same as ever. He won't be able to rise, but a drop would be very, very harsh.

David N'gog-CF-19/82->83/84

4(7) Appearances, 475 mins, 1 goal.

The young French striker may now see more appearances after the departure of Keane, but he should get an 83 next time around.

Please feel free to comment.

Very nice thread, one of my favorites....keep it up :)

The only way Carrick can get a 93 is if Robben rises to 94. If Carrick deserves a +2' date=' then so does robben.[/quote']

What bull is that! Robben on form for a half a season people feel he deserves 94:rolleyes: Carrick on form form for 3 seasons he is still a 91. What a disgrace:rolleyes:

EDIT: If Carrick does not rise to 93 I have got a mega post lined up:rolleyes:

Carrick has only been on amazing form for half a season too I think' date=' RedDevilFC.

Same as Robben, who is ability-wise a better player.

@gabor: Thanks, will continue with it.[/quote']

just tell you since he has joined us which wasn't this season btw incase you get that impression. He joined us in 2006. And since then has been top draw for us. People didn't notice his work he put in then. Obviously Fergie knew what he brought to the team and has been regular since. Problem with most of the forumers is they seem to think he joined us this season.

Of course he didn't join this season, but thye previous seasons he didn't play as well.

He's always been a very good passer of the ball, but only this season I feel has he performed consistently well, he used to not be quite so consistent.

And then there's the fact that SM are generally very conservative with their ratings.

Of course he didn't join this season' date=' but thye previous seasons he didn't play as well.

He's always been a very good passer of the ball, but only this season I feel has he performed consistently well, he used to not be quite so consistent.

And then there's the fact that SM are generally very conservative with their ratings.[/quote']

I guess you watch a different team then. Was brilliant last season as well. He is the one who makes our midfield tick in every game. He pushed Hargreaves on the right last last season who is quite a good player himself. Not consistent?? Most consistent of our midfielders