future changes mean an extra Goalkeeper will be needed!

hilc1_06

SMFA today announced new changes that will implemented in the coming weeks involving squad size ect. one of these changes is:

"Goalkeepers will also be able to receive injuries and pick up yellow/card cards and due to this the minimum number of keepers a squad is required to have will be increased from one to two. These changes will take place in the coming months and this early warning will give you ample time to adjust your squad accordingly."

with this in mind i have decided to start looking early for a goalkeeper who's rating is 85+ with the possibilities of getting a rating increase soon to be around the 90 mark. so far i have shortlisted the following goalkeepers and would like feedback and possible suggestions for others as i know many people will have squads with just one goalkeeper in them who will need to invest in a second goalkeeper.

rui patricio - sporting

renan- valencia

adler - leverkusen

neuer - schalke

sergio asenjo - valladolid

hopefully this thread can become a useful place for fellow players to search for the second choice goalkeeper.

cheers

Re: future changes mean an extra Goalkeeper will be needed!

SMFA today announced new changes that will implemented in the coming weeks involving squad size ect. one of these changes is:

"Goalkeepers will also be able to receive injuries and pick up yellow/card cards and due to this the minimum number of keepers a squad is required to have will be increased from one to two. These changes will take place in the coming months and this early warning will give you ample time to adjust your squad accordingly."

with this in mind i have decided to start looking early for a goalkeeper who's rating is 85+ with the possibilities of getting a rating increase soon to be around the 90 mark. so far i have shortlisted the following goalkeepers and would like feedback and possible suggestions for others as i know many people will have squads with just one goalkeeper in them who will need to invest in a second goalkeeper.

rui patricio - sporting

renan- valencia

adler - leverkusen

neuer - schalke

sergio asenjo - valladolid

hopefully this thread can become a useful place for fellow players to search for the second choice goalkeeper.

cheers

who is ur first choice keeper?

adler is easily the best keeper from that list. He is the german number one and has been impressive for the past two seasons. Should get 92 in the coming months.

followed by

neuer - 90/91

renan - 90/91 (currently injured)

rui patricio - 89

asenjo - 88/89

in terms of their ratings by the end of the season.

cheers

I'd recommend Costil Pantimillon. He's only a 78 but within a few weeks should get a rise to low to mid 80s and that will make him a suitable back-up. Should only cost around £1mil from an external.

great choice :P;)

he is regular at Timisoara who are fighting for the title , so I think he can reach 85-86 by the end of the season considering that he already have an appearance at NT , great keeper ;)

I have 2 keepers in most of my teams so im pretty much sorted (One good keeper and Either Patricio or Asenjo in my youth squads :P)

I think its cool that they will make this change, make it more realistic. Also minimum squads will change from 18 to 21 as there will be 7 subsitutes is also cool :D

For the OP, I would get Patricio as he is the number 1 for Sporting and will be Number 1 for Portugal in a few seasons :)

The best choice for me is Sergio Romero for AZ Alkmaar. In 21 games he has conceded only 11 goals. He is looking at a really good rise from 85 to 88. He is a good possibility to make the no.1 spot his for Argentina.

but alo these improvements are cool:DI just got 3 new players for one of my team to cover the problems from midfield and check this out :D:

Your chairman has secured the signing of Hedwiges MADURO from Valencia on a free transfer.:) :)

but alo these improvements are cool:DI just got 3 new players for one of my team to cover the problems from midfield and check this out :D:

Your chairman has secured the signing of Hedwiges MADURO from Valencia on a free transfer.:) :)

how did you do that?

new season started and I had a lack of midfielders only f/am or defenders , I had 3 midfielders I think

and today I checked the mail and guess what:)

3 new CM , and maduro is one of them the others are oldies:)

new season started and I had a lack of midfielders only f/am or defenders ' date=' I had 3 midfielders I think

and today I checked the mail and guess what:)

3 new CM , and maduro is one of them the others are oldies:)[/quote']

Id like to see some proof, as SM refer to free transfers as £0K, not a free transfer.